Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, Rose got herself caught into some real messy drama. Like seriously, maybe she should not get herself involved with Cid anymore.

Still, I'd say that Rose is also capable of fighting and her skills shouldn't be underestimated. Cid is still on another level though.
Jan 25, 2023 5:58 AM

Feb 2018
Alexia and Natsume went to the royal underpass to protect Rose. Rose, guided by the piano, was reunited with Shadow. Gekkou, a stunning piano performance by Epsilon.

Rose's father betrays and slanders Rose that her grandfather was killed by her. As a result, Rose is about to be killed by her family. Rose received power from Shadow, did Rose join Shadow Garden? Alexia vs Rose, absolutely amazing.

10/10 for this episode...

Jan 25, 2023 7:09 AM
Jun 2021
This Show is just amazing. The way they implemented the piano this episode is amazing too. I hope that Rose joins the shadow garden after being gifted with power from Shadow.
Jan 25, 2023 7:10 AM

Nov 2019
Learning Piano and getting good at it just cause it's cool for Eminence in the Shadow...I can respect the dedication.

Dude just yoinked the grand piano all the way there for his performance

Jan 25, 2023 7:15 AM

Jun 2016
what an a epic episode we got today !!
Jan 25, 2023 7:23 AM

Mar 2020
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, implemented to perfection. I have got to say, this was probably one of the more enjoyable episodes of the show so far, and maybe the piano does have some magical power to make episodes fun. So, it turned out that Rose's stabbing of her fiancé was a bit of a setup, and now she is the target for execution. At this point, I'm still not really sure how to feel about the whole story around Rose, since I haven't really cared about her character a whole lot. Under the moonlight, Shadow made an appearance under the moonlight, to play the piano, and it's quite hilarious that Cid learned to play the piano just so it would look cool for the Eminence in Shadow. Alexia at the end felt betrayed that Rose has chose her own path without telling her and Beta, and that fight was quite something.

With Rose's newfound power, how will her enemies stand against her now?
Jan 25, 2023 7:29 AM
Dec 2014
Rose finally joins Shadow Garden
Jan 25, 2023 7:44 AM

Feb 2022
Mcsuper said:
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, implemented to perfection. I have got to say, this was probably one of the more enjoyable episodes of the show so far, and maybe the piano does have some magical power to make episodes fun. So, it turned out that Rose's stabbing of her fiancé was a bit of a setup, and now she is the target for execution. At this point, I'm still not really sure how to feel about the whole story around Rose, since I haven't really cared about her character a whole lot. Under the moonlight, Shadow made an appearance under the moonlight, to play the piano, and it's quite hilarious that Cid learned to play the piano just so it would look cool for the Eminence in Shadow. Alexia at the end felt betrayed that Rose has chose her own path without telling her and Beta, and that fight was quite something.

With Rose's newfound power, how will her enemies stand against her now?

she still weak in shadow garden

Jan 25, 2023 7:53 AM

Sep 2018
And thus, drawn by the beauty of his music, Rose finds Shadow and accepts his gift in order to avenge her kingdom.

In any other hands this would be cheesiness of the highest order, and yet...

Just somehow, everything that Cid does is an order of magnitude cooler than anything that's come before.

And even so, he still couldn't shake his sister off ;-) 

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 25, 2023 7:55 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
not gonna pretend it doesn't get lame when the characters are so broken you no nothing bad is ever going to happen to them
Jan 25, 2023 7:57 AM
Dec 2022
really good episode with the piano
Jan 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Mar 2013
Another splendid episode!

Cid will probably get killed by his big sister sooner or later... lmao
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 25, 2023 7:59 AM

Apr 2021
We finally got to see Lord Shadow playing piano under the sunlight moonlight. 
Jan 25, 2023 8:00 AM

Dec 2022
this episode we find out that epsilon is a muscian whos gonna infiltrate the oriana kingdom also the king of the oriana kingdom is crontrolled by the cult of diablous we also learn that rose want revenge
Jan 25, 2023 8:02 AM

May 2021
this episode showed us again why this show should be rated way higher. it was seriously fabulous episode
Jan 25, 2023 8:11 AM
Aug 2022
Finally Rose-San got power from Cid and indirectly joined Shadow Garden.
Let's what happens next only 3 episodes left to end this anime season 1.
Hope Studio will announce production of S2 As soon as possible ASAP.
Jan 25, 2023 8:22 AM
May 2021
Brilliant episode. And that moonlight Sonata scene was so beautiful. And ya RIP cid, Your sister is really mad 😂😂
Jan 25, 2023 8:26 AM
Nov 2021
big sister lurking in the shadow...poor cid kun.
Jan 25, 2023 8:37 AM
Aug 2022
Its amazing. Especially when shadow showed up for rose.
But i was expecting maybe cid. Will reveal oriana who he was,but anyway i cant wait nxt episode and im hoping to see cid meeting oriana juat like alpha and the others in his background character form.
Jan 25, 2023 8:44 AM

May 2020
Now I'm more curious how Cid carried that big ass piano all the way to those underground passages, but yeah assuming him must be one of his alien powers.

We got that Rose joined the shadow garden, though does it mean at some point there's a chance she'll know about Shadow's real identity too? I hope so.
Jan 25, 2023 8:54 AM

May 2019
Another great episode with now Epsilon plagiarizing Beethoven after Gamma and Beta did the same prior with their own businesses lol. So it looks like Rose has now joined Shadow Garden or least accepted power. I kind of feel bad for Alexia for being ignored by Rose and also what Beta said (Beta had subtle trash talk when she told Alexia that her father will ignore the issues with Cult of Diablos as he always has which I interpreted as also ignoring Alexia, then soon after Beta's delayed response of "Don't kill me!" when Alexia jokingly said she'll dispose of her body lol I really like their interactions).

There's so much going on that we didn't even see another match with Mundane Mann and I think his next match is with Annerose. Maybe I forgot something but why is Cid's sister looking for him? Looks like she waited all day for him to get back.

Jan 25, 2023 9:17 AM

Sep 2019
He got bored and played piano. Gave power to the runaway princess and now gonna die cause it's his sister. His expression was like shimatta, owaridana.
Jan 25, 2023 9:24 AM

May 2021
great ep as usual, this show should be 8.00+ tbh. cid will most likely get murdered by claire as we saw at the end lmao. 
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Jan 25, 2023 9:40 AM

Oct 2017
That ending lol, Claire is one step ahead of Cid.

Rose was pretty epic there, she's gonna join shadow garden? Hopefully.
Jan 25, 2023 10:08 AM

Nov 2014
As always, this episode left me hyped for what comes next. Hopefully Rose joins SG after everything. And if in the process she learns of Cid's identity? Now that would be epic.
Speaking of epic, he actually stole a piano just to get his cool scene lol.
Jan 25, 2023 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
The trash keeps rolling. Lol what a terrible anime
Jan 25, 2023 10:31 AM

Mar 2020
bro, kageno got the rizz
Jan 25, 2023 10:58 AM
Jul 2020
The ANime really is a masterpiece .
Jan 25, 2023 11:00 AM

Aug 2013
The Piano scene was pretty cool but did he return it though? XD

Now that Rose received power, I wonder how she'll go about confronting the cult. Also, with all his power, Cid is no match for his sister.

Jan 25, 2023 11:01 AM
Mar 2021
I got goosebumps with the Piano scene
Jan 25, 2023 11:42 AM

Feb 2019
They did it! They said the thing! Amazing episode. The piano scene with Cid was very well done and the build up to it was great. Rose’s power up was incredible and I can’t wait to see the limits of her new power. They’ve done an awesome job with this adaptation
Jan 25, 2023 12:05 PM

Jul 2017
Rose is officially a wanted murderer, and Cid's experience on the piano while training to be the Eminence in Shadow and playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, it's a perfect representation of his character. And would ya know it, Epsilon beat him to the punch for using real-life music that's plagiarized for the fantasy world, the same way Beta/Natsume uses real-life stories for her novels.

Both Alexia and Beta wandering through the Royal Capital's underground passages looking to find Rose, and it turns out that she was just the victim in the brainwashing affair of the Oriana Kingdom affected by the Cult of Diablos through Perv Asshat. A daughter fighting for her kingdom's peace with her only family of a manipulated father being a pawn in this farce, it all seemed like the end of Rose's kingdom. And there Cid/Shadow was, playing Moonlight Sonata on a grand piano in a grand scale, casually inviting the distraught princess to help her tide over her grim situation.

There is no turning back for Rose: this is what she has planned to do, and leaving Alexia out of the friendship equation is an absolute no-no. Even then, this is her steel resolve, and Shadow Garden is more or less the same. Until then, Beta will continue to play babysitting duties, and Claire is always one step ahead.

Spectacular.
Jan 25, 2023 12:18 PM
Jul 2021
Damn that piano scene was so cool
best episode so far
Jan 25, 2023 12:28 PM

May 2015
I love how extra he is. Man just steals a piano just to have a cool looking scene lmao. 

That princess is probably gonna join Shadow Garden at some point soon.

Sucks to see we're already almost at the end of series cause this has been something I look forward to every week. It gives the same satisfation as Overlord with the MC just doing whatever he wants and accidentally succeeds doing it. I hope we get a sequel but considering we already got a 20 episode season I doubt we'll get more. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 25, 2023 1:05 PM

Mar 2010
Twas kinda meh, What we really wanted was at the end lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 25, 2023 1:57 PM
Jan 2023
O cara só queria tocar piano, isso sim é um homem sigma meu amigos
Jan 25, 2023 2:04 PM
Nov 2022
I honestly didn't think Cid would manage to get a cooler entry but low and behold he just did the coolest entry in series yet.

And that ending thought, cant believe his sister stayed up there Infront of the door from morning to night just waiting for Cid to show up, guess that's true dedication for you, also I think the reason she's mad is because she heard jump into the bushes to escape from her in the morning, I can't wait for the stern scolding she will give him.

Also Rose holding up Cid's hamburger paper packaging like it's some sort of important handkerchief just killed me.
Jan 25, 2023 2:11 PM
Oct 2019
Manga and TV Series and two different scenario but I love them both
Jan 25, 2023 2:18 PM
Aug 2021
the classical music really hit me.
Jan 25, 2023 2:22 PM
Mar 2021
definitely one of the best episodes of the season. Cid stealing a piano and setting all that up just for a cool setpiece is why we love him. The man has a true vision! And he appeared to Rose at exactly the right time to say exactly what she needed to hear, heal her, and power her up. and not because he had any particular agenda - he just thought it was a cool thing to do and he liked her style. I love when Cid does something on a whim that has massive sociopolitical consequences. I also like how much he respects Epsilon's talents. Absolutely does not realize what motivates her, lol, but in a lot of ways her drive and focus make her the member of Shadow Garden most like Cid. 

also poor Alexia, brutally out of the loop at all times. At least she's getting stronger, but still no match for Rose. 
Jan 25, 2023 2:27 PM
Jun 2016
I think Im the only that gotbored drom this anime... Dont know if I should drop it
Last minutes were good but besides that I was taking a nap
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2023 2:52 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
This episode was actually so good!!

Rose might end up joining shadow garden by the end of this now that she has a bit of shadows power.

We also got the long awaited return of Cid's sister, god knows where she has been the whole time but she is back!

Jan 25, 2023 3:13 PM

Feb 2021
It's getting close to the end of volume 2, so I'm excited for how they will handle the climax, there's still three more episodes after all
Jan 25, 2023 3:25 PM
Apr 2021
astralkill00 said:
Another splendid episode!

Cid will probably get killed by his big sister sooner or later... lmao

The manga shows what happened after he tried to shake her off
Jan 25, 2023 3:49 PM
Nov 2022
Jan 25, 2023 3:57 PM

May 2018
Shadow is an amazing piano too, damn he's too cool
Jan 25, 2023 5:17 PM
Nov 2018
Rose, my dear, of all people you could tell "My father is being manipulated by the Cult of Diablos," wouldn't Alexis be a good option? Or is the problem that she accepted assistance from Shadow Garden?

Then again I do have a hard time keeping all parts of this plot straight, so maybe I missed something.

Otherwise, I appreciate the over-the-top dramatics, as usual. Does Cid have a hammerspace to stash the piano in? Is that where it is now?
LFreyaJan 25, 2023 5:23 PM
Jan 25, 2023 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
Our lord and savior Cid is indeed a master of all arts. But the whole piano scene was so good!
Can't wait for the end of this arc, let's see if we'll have another "I am atomic" lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 25, 2023 5:22 PM

Feb 2016
each moment looks like the episode is gonna end, but it lasts and lasts hooking much on the edge of frustating of the waiting for the next week. it managed to fool me for about 5 times. great ep.
Jan 25, 2023 5:27 PM
Aug 2020
Humm, it was a good one like usual
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

730 by Sayan_Pal »»
7 hours ago

» Will it get less cringe? ( 1 2 )

fghPOWA - Mar 28

71 by TRXPLE »»
Yesterday, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

745 by HatsuoIM »»
Yesterday, 3:56 AM

» How is Cid so strong?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 13

5 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 15, 7:32 AM

» This anime would be 10x better without Cid ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollo_Injustice - Dec 21, 2023

173 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.