Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2023 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Mitsuha and her acting desperates some praise here. Even though it looked cheesy to the audience, she pulled it off and was able to blend in with the nobles. I have to admit, it's a clever tactic from her point of view.

Her outfit is clever too although I don't think it suits her style. I think the episode just goes to show how clever Mitsuha is when she puts mind into her work.
Jan 21, 2023 9:28 AM

Feb 2020
Mitsuha is probably my favorite MC of the season. I absolutely adore her. <3

She's so good at making up random stories, lol.

Nice "MacGyver" knife. I have a very similar type of Swiss Army knife. It's quite useful.

SerafosJan 26, 2023 11:28 PM
Jan 21, 2023 10:03 AM
Feb 2020
the episode chief animation director: Morikawa Yuuki

so mitsuha moves lots on A part

mitsuha cheating style much like kaoru in potions

yet an anime reference in B part /  sensha-do as katana-do lol

sato_kanadeJan 21, 2023 10:18 AM
Jan 21, 2023 10:55 AM

Apr 2014
Hard sell Mitsuha. lol... Anyways, it was successful in the end. The most important thing is she gained a what-so-called new family.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 21, 2023 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
Someone give mitsuha a fucking Oscar right now lmao. From infiltrating the count’s home to getting them to take her in as a spiritual daughter, etc etc. what a sell job. She should be a car salesman. Did alexis and theodore just offer to buy her underwear lmaooooooooo???

Nice vulnerable moment at the end with her crying about her family. She hides it with laughter but that’s gotta be such a gaping hole in her life.

Irisviel??
Marinate1016Jan 21, 2023 11:44 AM
Jan 21, 2023 11:59 AM
Jan 2021
this anime is definitely ridiculous, but I actually love it
mitsuha is a strong main character, and the problem solving potential here is immense
Jan 21, 2023 12:10 PM
Jun 2020
This anime is a little hidden gem. An isekai with such a different plot and interesting MC isn't regular.
Jan 21, 2023 12:15 PM

May 2015
It's kinda interesting but not really. Mutsuha just lies her way through flashing unique knives like nobody's business. And everyone just bought her story. Well, lets see where this gets her. I assume everything will just work her way though.
Jan 21, 2023 12:30 PM

Jun 2019
Love the anime so far. Hopefully we don’t get too much action but instead more lighthearted comedy.
Jan 21, 2023 12:33 PM

Jul 2015
Mitsuha gives me a lot of Myne the Bookworm vibes. She is also a smart and crafty loli.

Jan 21, 2023 12:51 PM

Jul 2017
Mitsuha going to meet Count Klaus Bozes, but couldn't because she has no invitation, she takes the chance to ambush them when the carriage rides her way for an infiltration. And let the battle begin of the rags-turned-to-riches development like a business proposal, and the Bozes family calmly accepted her circumstances, not knowing that she's a con artist, now known as Mitsuha von Yamano. Of course, not much is known about her, and Mitsuha casted a fake story to align with the fantasy world's rules in order to win their bid to her side.

A modern pearl necklace would fetch not money but bloodshed, that's a prospect not worth even mentioning for such a "prized heirloom". All Mitsuha wants is money to open her own shop, and goes on the ol' tearjerker story to convince the whole family to get what she has. Also, for a 13-year-old, Beatrice is more developed than Mitsuha, what a difference. Even selling underwear is weird, but everything's a novelty in another world. A shop to open about food that is of higher quality while referencing both Kalus and Iris as her spiritual parents when her family is long gone, that part certainly wasn't planned.

With the Bozes' attendants, Mitsuha is off to the capital city, looking for more profits. Will this journey go her way?
Jan 21, 2023 12:57 PM
Dec 2022
The count's VA sounds much like Gintoki, I wonder if it is him?
Jan 21, 2023 1:58 PM

Mar 2020
rly funny and most emotional, im rly like it
Jan 21, 2023 2:15 PM

Sep 2018
I just can't get my head around this show.

Is it supposed to be sweet that Mitsuha is so fucking manipulative, are we supposed to just let that go because she has a sad flashback.

Well, the boys bidding for her underwear was funny (the used articles is what I expect they were after)

All in all there is at least something about this show that keeps me interested.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 21, 2023 3:10 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was great, pretty entertaining and a touching moment at the end, Mitsuha learned that she needs to be careful with what she brings or otherwise not even nobles would be able to afford it.
Jan 21, 2023 6:03 PM
Sep 2017
MC is a selfish liar and I love it.
Jan 21, 2023 6:12 PM
Jul 2015
The show really hit its stride with this episode. Our girlboss is so cool
Jan 21, 2023 6:59 PM
Mar 2021
Watching Mitsuha scamming them is painful for my heart
Jan 21, 2023 7:08 PM

Nov 2012
She really is a schemer. Might be moving too fast though.
Jan 21, 2023 7:16 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Mitsuha put on an oscar winning performace this episode, she really had that family spinning on her finger lol.

That family was also pretty funny, also that brother just straight up admitted to wanting to buy her panties in front of the whole family, even the younger brother raised the bid xddd

The wife rambling on about the pearls was also pretty good

Although when Mitusha genuinely cried for mistaking that family for her one was pretty sad, got me right in the feels.

Onto the royal capital we go! hope we see more of that family!

Jan 21, 2023 7:40 PM
Jan 2023
they need to change her fit asap
Jan 21, 2023 8:42 PM
Jan 2023
Mitsuha has been a story about the making of a true villainess in Isekai. She did pull a good-person-face up in front of everybody. No one around her notices the Evil-Villian she is actually is.
But what she did to the situation with that carriage is what we call insurance fraud or injuries scam here in-real-life... Pretending as if you're injured by someone car by jumping in front of it or falling down behind it, doing so to retain certain advantages over the victim of your scam. Could be about money or reputation damage. Penalty for such insurance fraud is punishable by the Law on False and Fraudulent Claims. And now she used on a noble, so in that situation, it's a second-degree felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison. Or depend on the judge it could even become first-degree felony, punishable by up to 30 years in prison, by State Law.
In any other anime, she would be the villain in that story, instead of the MC... irl, she would be a professional con-artist or swindler if she didn't go to Isekai in the first place. Or if she didn't get her family life insurance money (x3) when they got killed off before this anime started. She did it all by the end of the story, using violence, killing, scam, con, fraud, swindling, and massacred. Mitsuha will be the true Evil-Villain with an angel face in the end~
Jan 21, 2023 8:47 PM
Jan 2023
borderliner said:

Is it supposed to be sweet that Mitsuha is so fucking manipulative, are we supposed to just let that go because she has a sad flashback.

Well, the boys bidding for her underwear was funny (the used articles is what I expect they were after)

All in all there is at least something about this show that keeps me interested.

lol, haven't you noticed? Mitsuha was a manipulative villainess since episode1 xD
Jan 21, 2023 9:18 PM

Mar 2013
A little sister getting adored and influenced by her big brother is something interesting in this story. 
What's more fun is using the knowledge she got from her dear big brother. 
She finally cried and that's a wonderful thing for her... 👀
CrazyButNot4UJan 22, 2023 5:23 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 21, 2023 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
The Bozes family are too sweet! The Count and Iris even said it's okay if Mitsuha calls them father and mother 🥺 I feel kind of bad for them not knowing how they're being manipulated, though.

This episode had me cracking up when the boys were betting on Mitsuha's underwear and wanting to cry a couple minutes later, lol. This show is my happy place this season, I love it.
Jan 21, 2023 9:54 PM
Jul 2018
Light Yagami energy

Why do I get the sense she only cares about his age because she was thinking of marrying into the family for money lol
Jan 21, 2023 10:27 PM

Nov 2019
The 13-year-old kid must have been eating nutritionally-balanced food...
Jan 21, 2023 11:27 PM

May 2015
Mitsuha may be a liar. But she is a likeable one! I'm glad she was able to process her pent up grief a bit more. But I'm truly excited to see her get her general store started!
Jan 22, 2023 12:20 AM

Feb 2019
it was reflex when she called them mom and dad by mistake, and it was inevitable too; she needed to have a good cry since she never really mourned losing her family properly. but a 13-year-old got hear beat in the chest department lol
Jan 22, 2023 12:25 AM
Oct 2019
Mitsuha may just be the most sensible isekai protagonist ever.

Also the underwear auction actually had me uncontrollably burst out laughing, goddamn that was good, truly bringing Japanese culture to this new land.
Jan 22, 2023 1:15 AM

Feb 2016
MITSUHA IS BY FAR THE BEST ISEKAI PROTAGONIST, AND HER BROTHER MAY BE THE GREATEST CHARACTER EVER CONCEIVED!!!

When she remembered her family and started crying, it broke my heart, 10/10.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jan 22, 2023 3:44 AM
Mar 2012
car accident fraud lol
This rising of the conartist Mitsuha is going super great, till it got real with grief hitting her all at once oof. How the conversation went was quite smooth becoming their daughter.
Claus both cautious & very nice.
mom Iris looks like a Fate hero, maybe Mordred.
Alexis too cultured...
Beatrice is just Illya with Irisviel hair.
maybe best episode so far.
Jan 22, 2023 4:01 AM

Dec 2022
the last part caught me off guard i think mitshuha might have an artificial heart
Jan 22, 2023 4:05 AM

Nov 2014
At first I thought she is a gold digger and will try to get married into that family. I'm glad it didn't go this route, would be creepy.

Jenthart said:

In any other anime, she would be the villain in that story, instead of the MC...

MC is just a main character, villain is a bad guy. They are not exclusive. MC aside, villain can be, and often is, even a protagonist - you know, so called anti-hero in literature.
And while she is manipulative, I wouldn't call her evil at all. I mean, she could easily use here teleportation to just steal all the gold she wants if she were.
JustAnotherShiroJan 22, 2023 4:10 AM
Jan 22, 2023 4:58 AM
Jun 2014
poor mitsuha.. she's so strong though❤️

Jan 22, 2023 5:55 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
All in for the folding knife's stock price. Mitsuha making her way to gaining the trust of the count and countess while spewing some truth among all the lies just goes to show how much she thought about her grand plan. Now for the capital venture.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 22, 2023 6:31 AM
Oct 2020
Gaslighting and manipulation for monetary gain, the anime.
Jan 22, 2023 8:06 AM

Apr 2022
EmmyMoomin said:
You gotta do what you gotta do
Jan 22, 2023 10:00 AM
Jul 2021
let me say this right away.

the manga and lightnovel is better execution than anime that very slow by adding extra useless stuff.

so im dropping this anime lulz.

and it does not mean i like this series as well because MC is Scammers, imagine reigen but pure scam for

RedCobra75Jan 22, 2023 10:12 AM
Jan 22, 2023 10:44 AM

Sep 2018
Jenthart said:
borderliner said:

lol, haven't you noticed? Mitsuha was a manipulative villainess since episode1 xD

For sure I noticed from the off, but the sustained manipulation is getting pretty unhealthy.

Well, it's played for laughs so I guess that can get brushed under the carpet.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 22, 2023 11:58 AM
Jan 2023
ThirteenEleven said:
At first I thought she is a gold digger and will try to get married into that family. I'm glad it didn't go this route, would be creepy.

Jenthart said:

In any other anime, she would be the villain in that story, instead of the MC...

MC is just a main character, villain is a bad guy. They are not exclusive. MC aside, villain can be, and often is, even a protagonist - you know, so called anti-hero in literature.
And while she is manipulative, I wouldn't call her evil at all. I mean, she could easily use here teleportation to just steal all the gold she wants if she were.

Yeah, you could say she is an anti-hero with a good guy disguised. That's what I also got when I was reading this anime's original novel and also showed in the manga, too.
About gold digging, She said there isn't much to gain from marriaging into that family. She final goal is someone much richer, Bronz family is not up to her standards. But she did sold everything to them with ten times its original price and told lies around every single thing she sold. Just what a basically a fraud would use on a scam.

And about Mitsuha using teleporting to steal gold, she just didn't want to get caught. If someone found out, she could get wanted or killed when captured. Also, Mitsuha couldn't teleport to places she never been before. She could die if she teleported into an object or wall. She just simply didn't wanna die (but didn't care about taking anybody else's life, tho.) Besides when she can selling everything with 10 times its price difference without paying any tax. It's much easier to scamming money for herself than to steal money without getting notice. Her personality is built that way.

Don't forget she wants to live in both isekai and Japan, getting wanted by isekai Kingdom is no way to go~ lol
JenthartJan 22, 2023 12:05 PM
Jan 22, 2023 12:10 PM
Jan 2023
borderliner said:
Jenthart said:

For sure I noticed from the off, but the sustained manipulation is getting pretty unhealthy.

Exactly~ xD
But her manipulation will get even worse later in the story. You'll see...
Jan 22, 2023 2:51 PM

Aug 2019
Definitely a more slower episode but I still enjoyed it :D
Jan 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Jan 2021
borderliner said:
Jenthart said:

welp it's coming along with comedy from the beginning so yeah no need to think too much
Link___Jan 22, 2023 4:02 PM
Jan 22, 2023 4:00 PM

Jan 2021
Again, this anime fulfill my favor for this season, i enjoyed the first 3 episodes it was beyond of my expectations, with 3 eps rules i could say this is the best among other new anime from this season
Jan 22, 2023 5:29 PM

Oct 2022
She didn't even bat an eye at the thought of selling her panties. She's one devious little MC.
Jan 22, 2023 5:31 PM

Sep 2021
This show gets better every episode. At episode 1, I was about to drop this because it seemed a bit like a generic isekai. Episode 2 was very refreshing with the gun training, showing off Mitsuha as an interesting protagonist. And episode 3 adds a bit of everything. Mitsuha's serious nature combined with her emotional side make her very relatable. And the comedy always prevents the show from getting dull, despite it's slow pace. I hope it keeps this trend!
Jan 22, 2023 6:40 PM
Nov 2018
EmmyMoomin said:
Before we learned the extent of the world's technology/civilization, I figured it'd be Manifest Destiny: the anime; so this is a step up...?

All the capitalist strategy reminded me of the billionaire in Prodigy Isekai, but I can comfort myself that she's not gonna be in a position to change the world government (and waste the opportunity by building a basic bitch capitalist democracy instead of, say, a system where no one has to bust their ass to retire comfortably). She's just out for herself >_>

Iris freaking out about the pearls seemed pretty accurate. Natural pearls do not form that perfectly and consistently without industrialized oyster farming. I appreciate the realistic outcomes and Mitsuha's occasional mistakes.

It was nice to see her grieve, though. I hope she does grow to care for the Bozes family, and that they're more significant to her story than as mere stepping stones. Also, I'd be surprised if both sons are not, in fact, planning proposals come Social Function Season. We gonna have some Regency-era debutante balls?
Jan 22, 2023 6:51 PM
Jul 2017
Piromysl said:
Mitsuha gives me a lot of Myne the Bookworm vibes. She is also a smart and crafty loli.

18 isn't a loli my guy.
Jan 22, 2023 8:03 PM

Sep 2020
Impressive that she gained their trust and get what she wants, the last part is really sweet. One of the better isekai shows recently.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

80 by White_Alice »»
Mar 4, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

56 by White_Alice »»
Mar 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

55 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 13, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

62 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 12, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

36 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 12, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.