Forum Settings
Forums

'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Cosmos' Movies Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer [Update 1/24]

New
Jan 16, 2023 7:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The official website of the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Cosmos movies revealed on Tuesday three additional cast members and a trailer previewing the new cast. The first movie is scheduled to open in Japanese theaters on June 9, with the second movie opening on June 30.

Cast
Kou Seiya (Sailor Star Fighter): Marina Inoue (Boku no Hero Academia)
Kou Taiki (Sailor Star Maker): Saori Hayami (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
Kou Yaten (Sailor Star Healer): Ayane Sakura (Spy x Family Part 2)

Tomoya Takahashi (Gatchaman Crowds assistant director) is helming the movies at Toei Animation and Studio Deen. Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Eternal) is penning the script and Kazuko Tadano (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon) designed the characters. Yasuharu Takanashi (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal) is composing the music.

Commemorating the original series' 20th anniversary, the reboot was announced in 2012, with the aim to adapt the manga more faithfully. The first two anime seasons, covering the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon arcs, streamed semimonthly on Niconico beginning July 2014, and later premiered on television in Spring 2015. The third season, based on the Infinity arc, aired in Spring 2016.

The latest two-part movie sequel, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Eternal, opened in theaters on January 8 and February 11 2021.

Trailer

Source: Comic Natalie

Update January 24
The official website of the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Cosmos movies revealed on Tuesday three additional cast members.

Cast
Princess Kakyuu: Nana Mizuki (Senki Zesshou Symphogear)
Sailor Galaxia: Megumi Hayashibara (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Chibi Chibi: Kotono Mitsuishi (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars)

DatRandomDudeJan 23, 2023 7:26 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 16, 2023 8:52 PM
Apr 2020
As far as I remember, this movie will be pretty depressing.
Jan 16, 2023 9:16 PM

Oct 2010
top VAs I see, the pv didn't show much though, I am more curious about Galaxia's VA
@Fario-P opinions?
Jan 16, 2023 10:02 PM
Dec 2017
I really have to finish off the original anime sometime all of the series and then i'll give crystal a go. I liked the manga quite a bit and see, Tuxedo Mask is pretty useful lol.

Jan 16, 2023 11:50 PM

Mar 2021
28012001 said:

I'm of the same opinion.

With the announcement of the voice actor for Three Lights and Hoshino's galactic one-identity-alternate crush, there's a lot of excitement on twitter, but I remember it was pretty hard to read the manga in the last half of the show.

Jan 17, 2023 1:01 AM

Feb 2021
Yes, it is pretty depressive Arc in the whole manga. Mamoru's death on the plane was very horrible.
Jan 17, 2023 1:13 AM
Apr 2020
kihel said:
28012001 said:

I'm of the same opinion.

With the announcement of the voice actor for Three Lights and Hoshino's galactic one-identity-alternate crush, there's a lot of excitement on twitter, but I remember it was pretty hard to read the manga in the last half of the show.

Unlike the 90s anime. It’s absolutely heartbreaking to see the finish line. It’s like manga era has changed the manga so much it turns out to be like that.
Jan 17, 2023 3:43 AM

Apr 2012
I can understand Ayaneru's choice for this role given the tone of her voice, but Saori-san? As much as I love her, she has an overly pronounced onee-san voice for such androgynous ikemen onna characters.

28012001 said:
Catalano said:
top VAs I see, the pv didn't show much though, I am more curious about Galaxia's VA
@Fario-P opinions?
It's weird to see people discussing this and not Seiya x Usagi, which has gotten pretty weird lately, especially in the context of the original manga. But I don't want to be too naive.
Jan 17, 2023 4:38 AM

May 2022
Catalano said:
 I am more curious about Galaxia's VA.
Megumi Hayashibara would be great for her, or for Kakyuu.
Jan 17, 2023 6:47 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Catalano said:
@Fario-P opinions?
Looks just about as pretty as the Eternal movies.

I kinda always wish that Megumi Ogata was in really any of this reboot though, one of the Lights genuinely sounded like her for a second lolol :')
Jan 17, 2023 8:55 AM

Sep 2009
I'll be disappointed if I don't see 

Jan 17, 2023 9:41 AM

Feb 2021
Fario-P said:
Catalano said:
@Fario-P opinions?
Looks just about as pretty as the Eternal movies.

I kinda always wish that Megumi Ogata was in really any of this reboot though, one of the Lights genuinely sounded like her for a second lolol :')
I agree, sadly only Kotono-san reprise her role as Usagi. ALL other heroes were voiced by other people.

At least we see 2 movies in June with english subs.
Jan 17, 2023 2:54 PM

Apr 2012
Vargnatt said:
I'll be disappointed if I don't see 
If it was in the manga, it will be in the anime. They are well aware that modern SM's fandom is overly obsessed with shiping than anything else in the franchise, so if those scenes were in the manga, they'll be in the anime. Crystal has already done this.
Jan 17, 2023 4:26 PM

Mar 2021
Megumi Hayashibara is voicing a guest character in the old theatrical version and Megumi Ogata is voicing a popular character in the old animated version. I have a feeling that neither of them will be in the new theatrical version, since the new series is voiced by someone who was not voiced in the old animated version.

Jan 17, 2023 10:00 PM
Dec 2022
For me, the whole Sailor Moon franchise has been a way for me to enjoy music and songs. I hope I wouldn't be disappointed in them.
Jan 18, 2023 7:02 AM
Oct 2020
Trio Oregairu casts as Sailor Starlights

Imagine that Seiya Kou and Taiki Kou meet Usagi, so we can see JJK reunion between Tsumiki x Mai Zenin x Meimei

Before that, Usagi also meet Helios and Hawkeye aka Mechamaru and Kamo (from Kyoto district) in Eternal movie

And if you are fans of both anime, you can see the relationship between these two anime, unless Gege Akutani knew this relationship
reny1966naninJan 20, 2023 1:40 AM
Jan 18, 2023 7:08 AM

Apr 2012
reny1966nanin said:
Trio Oregairu casts as Sailor Starlights
Inoue's character in Oregairu was quite minor.
Jan 18, 2023 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
Hearing INOUE Marina singing the original song from the 90s anime previously sang by NIIYAMA Shiho is draining me because I know i'll cry eventually when i'll watch the entire movie. I absolutely adore that they kept the original character songs for this because the music in the original Sailor Moon is timeless and I was sad that the BGM was scratched from Crystal. I am sad that no seiyuu from the original anime came back to reprise their role or at least make a cameo voicing another minor character. It's even shocking me actually because the 13 main seiyuu from the original anime are very very famous voice actors and very much influential so it's weird that they never got a call back. I think it was disrespectful to leave them out BUT somehow I have this weird dream when I can vividly see them coming back this time around for the last two movies. IDK
Jan 18, 2023 8:06 PM

Aug 2010
Man, after ten years, it's surreal that the Crystal remake is almost over.

The question is...will it stop here, or will they keep going with an anime original sequel (like Dragon Ball Super)?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 23, 2023 7:28 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
News Update
The official website of the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Cosmos movies revealed on Tuesday three additional cast members.

Cast
Princess Kakyuu: Nana Mizuki (Senki Zesshou Symphogear)
Sailor Galaxia: Megumi Hayashibara (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Chibi Chibi: Kotono Mitsuishi (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars)

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 23, 2023 8:36 PM

Mar 2021
I was very surprised when I saw Megumi Hayashibara's name in the additional cast.

Jan 24, 2023 12:42 AM

Sep 2009
Psaj_Dak said:
Catalano said:
 I am more curious about Galaxia's VA.
Megumi Hayashibara would be great for her, or for Kakyuu.
Somwone guessed it right here.
Jan 24, 2023 1:04 AM

May 2022
YES, YES, YES, YES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 31, 2023 1:55 PM

Jul 2022
@malvarez1

Now that you've put that idea into my head I won't rest until it happens!

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

26 by CrazyFrogz »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
8 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.