Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 6, 2008 5:08 PM

Nov 2007
Mizar from Jet Force Gemini was a beast I remember playing him a ton of times... Also shredder in the NES TMNT used to give me fits I dont think I ever beat him.
May 6, 2008 5:17 PM

Apr 2008
Artemisa from FF VIII

but thats because there are external failures...
It always freeze in 3rd part...
and Ive bought it like 10 times T___T
May 6, 2008 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
I'd have to say Tabuu from Super Smash Bros Brawl. He has so much health and has a few moves that can kill one of your six characters in one shot when you're at 0% damage. I could only beat this guy on normal. I can't imagine how tough he is on very hard! OMG!
When being served something as sweet and delicious as cake, it's not having the cake that's important. It's the enjoyment of eating that cake that's important, and it's more enjoyable when done with a friend.

May 6, 2008 8:54 PM

Jun 2007
The 2nd form of Sigma in MegaMan X5 on the 3rd virus stage, also I ran out of health in my energy tanks.
May 6, 2008 8:55 PM
Mar 2008
Prince of Persia, what ever the name of the latest one was for the first xbox. I gave up on that dude protected by all the floating bricks at the end.
May 7, 2008 6:14 AM

Jan 2008
I really hated King Leon, or whatever the golden lion boss's name was, and his brother in the first and second Viewtiful Joes. In the second one I just ended up using the gun with Sylvia from a distance, and staying away from him.
May 7, 2008 7:15 AM

Apr 2008
The Au Supplice fight on hard in Armored Core 4 to me is one of the most impossible fights to do. There's just too many of them...
May 7, 2008 9:02 AM

Feb 2008
The Strongest and most annoying boss is:
From Chrono Trigger: Larus, the Final Boss, he appears and summons all of the game Bosses and after you beat all of them, he came forth. After you beat him he tranform into 2nd form, and finally he transform into he's final form. That final form is like HELL! Took me about 1 week to figure out a tactic that can beat him, and with that tactic I also need lots of luck, cuz sometimes he casted a magic attack that killed my party at once.

2nd most strongest Boss: (very thought one, but I'm able to beat him)
Rider - from Breath of Fire 4 (thank God he's in a secret area, so you don't need to kill him to beat the game)
HP: 40.000, he regenerates 20.000 HP in each round. (O_o)
Double elemental attacks, extremly strong def and atk strength.
You need to be more than 5-10 lvl of he's lvl to able to touch/beat him...
Mostly HE has the initiative: aka: Free attack from him...yeah sure...
And finally: IF you want the armor he drops (best armor for 1 of your char) you have to kill him like tons of times...good luck.

Relunx
May 7, 2008 10:03 AM

Feb 2008
The Lurker Below---World of Warcraft...25 man raid...Serpantshrine Cavern

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled byο»Ώ Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
May 7, 2008 12:04 PM

Feb 2008
I had trouble with this one boss early-to-mid-way through Xenosaga II... I never actually beat her, I don'th think. I played through, got to her, couldn't win, started over, and did the same thing. T_T

I think that's the only video game I ever gave up on mid-way. I never really liked the combat system, though...
May 7, 2008 1:22 PM

May 2007
The hardest boss I have ever beat is the final boss of Ratchet and Clank, the hardest 2 I have never beat are the final boss of Ratchet and Clank 2, and Axel 2 in Chain of Memories.

POST #600
My anime list
May 7, 2008 1:37 PM

Mar 2008
mitamaking said:
The hardest boss I have ever beat is the final boss of Ratchet and Clank, the hardest 2 I have never beat are the final boss of Ratchet and Clank 2

Say what? In Ratchet and Clank, you have HUGE big-ass weapons, which sizes are outmatched by none. Like, the bosses there are easypeasy, and the trashmobs are air.
May 7, 2008 2:07 PM

Sep 2007
Well, Ratchet & Clank's last boss was a tough cookie to beat, even if you had every weapon with the exception of the RYNO. If you had the RYNO, then yeah, he'd be pretty easy. I think that the only boss in a Ratchet & Clank game that gives trouble is probably the last one from the third game. I mean, you need a spaceship to damage that thing and your weaponry doesn't do anything decent. I'm not 100% sure, tho. Haven't played them in quite some time.
May 7, 2008 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
Massaki said:
Well, Ratchet & Clank's last boss was a tough cookie to beat, even if you had every weapon with the exception of the RYNO. If you had the RYNO, then yeah, he'd be pretty easy. I think that the only boss in a Ratchet & Clank game that gives trouble is probably the last one from the third game. I mean, you need a spaceship to damage that thing and your weaponry doesn't do anything decent. I'm not 100% sure, tho. Haven't played them in quite some time.

Hmm actually I may have jumped to conclusions too quick. I don't remember the first game's endboss at all >_>. The second one was easy as cake though.

And the third was a JOKE. Here's my tip: Ditch the crappy spaceship and hide behind a rock, use sniper until boss dies. You won't get hit even once. You'll need to reload once with the reload-gadget though. That was the first thing I did when I met him, and felt really disappointed that it actually worked...

Also after beating Ratchet & Clank , that bloody "hard" mode you unlock is as easy it can possibly get due to seriously unbalanced weapons. Take the Tesla Coil for example, one shot is enough to clear a room, and with the Barrier you're immortal, not that you need one when everything dies the same second it spawns though.
May 7, 2008 4:03 PM

Sep 2007
Thea said:
And the third was a JOKE. Here's my tip: Ditch the crappy spaceship and hide behind a rock, use sniper until boss dies. You won't get hit even once. You'll need to reload once with the reload-gadget though. That was the first thing I did when I met him, and felt really disappointed that it actually worked...

Lol, the sniper works against that thing? I never tried using it on him, much because I always managed to keep the spaceship high on hit points while always shooting it. I gotta give it a shot one of these days.

Also after beating Ratchet & Clank , that bloody "hard" mode you unlock is as easy it can possibly get due to seriously unbalanced weapons. Take the Tesla Coil for example, one shot is enough to clear a room, and with the Barrier you're immortal, not that you need one when everything dies the same second it spawns though.

Well, mostly when you complete any Ratchet & Clank game you have your weapons pretty much upgraded to their maximum capability. So, the 'Hard Mode' only gives you what.. monsters that deal more damage, that's all. The A.I. remains unchanged, the monsters remain with the hit points as before, etc. You only get more damage from them. It's kinda disappointing.

And with this, I just remembered another game. Jak II: Renegade. The whole game was challenging and the Metal Head Leader was such a friggin pain.. until you learned it's movements. Oh well. =x
May 7, 2008 4:16 PM

Mar 2008
Massaki said:

Lol, the sniper works against that thing? I never tried using it on him, much because I always managed to keep the spaceship high on hit points while always shooting it. I gotta give it a shot one of these days.

Well yeah :P I got shot down in an instant and thought I had blown my chances, but I landed behind a rock where the missiles couldn't hit me so I pulled up the sniper and won ._..

Massaki said:

And with this, I just remembered another game. Jak II: Renegade. The whole game was challenging and the Metal Head Leader was such a friggin pain.. until you learned it's movements. Oh well. =x

Oh damn, that game contained incredibly large amounts of hard D: Borrowed it from a friend and never managed to finish it :S. Dunno if I just sucked back then or what.
The first Jak and Daxter was a child's play though, 100% completed in a day was no problems, and my difficulty expectations for Jak II was about as high. Oh man I got owned.
May 7, 2008 5:09 PM

Sep 2007
I managed to complete Jak II: Renegade twice, story-wise. But, getting all the extra challenges down? No way, some of them are near impossible. You either need to get really lucky or know the game inside-out. Everything in Jak II was hard, normal missions, side quests, racing, time trials, geez. Too bad the difficulty got toned down slightly in Jak III, but it's still got it's terrifying hard moments.

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy gave us that Crash Bandicoot kind of feel that Naughty Dog wanted to give players, and they really managed to it, but, made it rather too easy. It's still a very enjoyable game, imo.
May 8, 2008 12:06 PM

Dec 2007
I've only managed to beat Terra in Kingdom Hearts II once, I could never do it again. >_<

Philemon in Persona 2 was also pretty rough, but he went down after awhile.
May 8, 2008 12:09 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah I really liked The Precursor Legacy for being really cutesy and charming. It was like night and day compared with Jak II :/. Didn't really like the game for being so dark and dull, and all that budget-GTA-feel made me facepalm :d.
May 8, 2008 4:44 PM
Feb 2008
Oh yeah the Final Boss for Okami too! Not that he was hard as in I can't beat him,b ut hard as in "how do I beat him?"

Oh God hand too! I'm halfway in the game till can't get passed that suductress lady with the whip ... hardest game ever played!!

May 9, 2008 12:23 AM

May 2008
*Cheers for another Okami player*

Final boss for Okami wasn't difficult, IMO, just long and tedious. Know what you're doing and you'll do just fine.

I haven't played a lot of video games... but it took me 3 times to beat Demyx in KH2 because I kept losing to when he says, "Dance, Water, Dance!" Ursula (the first time with that stupid pot) was really annoying.

Never be average...
May 9, 2008 12:54 AM

Sep 2007
Speaking of Okami, the only difficult thing I've had with the game is defeating 3 Nagi's at the same time.. One's already a pain when you deal almost no damage to him, but 3? God, it's just wanting you to go nuts.
May 9, 2008 12:56 AM

Apr 2008
Final fantasy x , sin last boss fight when u have to kill before u reach its mouth, took me bloody ages to finish it.

May 9, 2008 1:16 AM

May 2008
Vulcan Raven from Metal gear solid. Metal Gear EX was also hard :P

-------------------
nyhusern.net
May 9, 2008 4:20 AM

Apr 2008
The last boss in Valkyrie profile 2: silmeria.
I think I'm doing it wrong bechause it takes for ages! to just advance to the next battle where I die -_-'
The one with Lezard and Lenneth captured in some seal.
May 9, 2008 9:36 AM
Feb 2008
The last Boss from the first Banjo- kazooie game. That Gruntilda was a tough nutt to break. : D
Had almost given her up but took up the game a year later and managed to take her down : >. The first fight with wizpig in diddy kong racing got on my nerves too : p
May 9, 2008 10:03 AM

Sep 2007
Luca Blight was downed after I fought him one time and lost. Yeah, first time, he obliterated me, but I realized the normal strikes did 1 damage to Humphrey, so I slapped a Fire Sealing rune on him and destroyed Luca. These days, I make him run like a pansy from all 3 of my parties.

Sephiroth in KH2 is actually pretty easy. I beat him in proud mode with an attack specialized Sora the first time. Just load yourself down with Elixirs and defense increasing items. Skills like Leaf Bracer help a lot. I mainly spent the fight dodging his attacks and striking at the openings that happen after he finishes a combo or you parry him in air. I believe I beat him using the Sleeping Lion keyblade the first time.

Most pain in the ass bosses for me are the demon group at the top of that tournament in Star Ocean Til the End of Time and the boss of Crossbone Isle in Golden Sun.
May 9, 2008 8:09 PM
Feb 2008
Oh yea Okami! I forgot this boss ... is he a boss? Well, anyway ... Blockhead ... the final one... my god. It got tothe point where I paid my sister a dollar to mark the TV with markers on the points I was supposed to dot my brush. I still never beat that guy.

Jul 18, 2008 12:09 AM

Jun 2007
sephiroth in either Kingdom Hearts, I did however manage to beat him once on the first KH.
Jul 18, 2008 6:53 AM

Dec 2007
I would have to say Inferno from Soul Caliber II. But then again, i'm probably just bad >.<

Jul 19, 2008 7:16 AM

May 2008
sephiroth in kingdom hearts 1 and 2, im STILL struggling to beat him T.T
Jul 19, 2008 7:26 AM

Mar 2008
Velius from Final Fantasy Tactics.... when I was playing for the first time he was almost unbeatable for me...

Sorry for my English ;)
Jul 19, 2008 8:01 AM

Jun 2008
I am so stuck on Eternal Sonata on level 3... I can't beat the boss because I don't have the healing potions I need, and it won't let me return to the village to buy some. And I only have one save point. -_-# It doesn't help that that game doesn't show how much XP the bosses have, but I am guessing this bastard I'm trying to kill has well over a million. -_-
I'm back.
Jul 19, 2008 8:44 AM

Dec 2007
Gaijin19 said:
I would have to say Inferno from Soul Caliber II. But then again, i'm probably just bad >.<

Haha.. I found Inferno quite easy.

I had quite some trouble with Gregar from MM:BN6 and the also with the last stage of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Had not leveled my party up enough..
Jul 19, 2008 8:49 AM

Oct 2006
Alma in Ninja Gaiden Black. If you dont have at least one great spirit elixir you're pretty much done.
Jul 19, 2008 8:57 AM

May 2008
What? People had a lot of trouble with Luca in Suikoden II, but not the last boss? D:
In my level 70s, with Persmerga (I think his True Rune sucked) on my team, Bright Shield rune for healing, Clive and his ressurections, Flick and his nice lightning, and some others. I still couldn't beat him. ...Maybe it's because they took away my NANAMI! RAWR!
Man, now I feel like playing that game again.

Jul 19, 2008 9:02 AM

Oct 2007
cyber akuma from marvel super heroes vs street fighter.. seriously wth is up with this dude, he practically slaughters onslaught and apocalypse in difficulty.
Penance from FFX and
Iselia Queen & Indaleico Limiter Off from Star Ocean 2.
Jul 20, 2008 2:25 PM

Jun 2008
I had a lot of trouble with the final boss of Star Ocean Till the End of Time... mainly because he was mana killing my party members almost instantly with his Perfect Symmetry attack (I still hate how people can die when there MP goes to 0 in that games... plus no recovery item seemed to fix that problem since they would only come back with like 50% MP on revival and die instantly on the next Perfect Symmetry).

Also Pale Rider from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. My team was fairly terrible at the time (I was only doing a little bit with buffs and debuffs... and in that game you need to use that stuff on almost every boss battle), though I did know somewhat how to exploit some of the game mechanics at the time. Still the boss probably took me 50 tries over the course of a couple of years to finally get lucky and kill him... after that though I figured out how to become a god in the game and not even the special final boss for the True Demon ending stood a chance against me, I beat him first try and it wasn't a close battle at all.

Speaking of Nocturne bosses, I also really didn't like Noah in that game; he wasn't hard per say (I beat him my first try) but the fact that he can only be hurt be one element every time it became your turn makes that boss take forever (I think it took me like 45 minutes to kill him), or at least it did for me since my party members all were specialized in only one type of elemental attack so basically I was only doing two attacks every time it was my turn (since I was passing everybody who couldn't do anything).
Jul 20, 2008 2:45 PM

Nov 2007
I forget the name but it was this giant frog queen from Brave Story, she would always turn into a half demon halfway through the battle, ug took me awhile to beat her, or if you've played Soul Caliber in an arcade the final battle was hard, I put 20 dollars into that game to beat that boss. T____T I'm never getting the 20 back.
sad
Jul 20, 2008 3:00 PM
Nov 2007
I struggled with allot of game bosses but Volvagia from Zelda: Ocarina of Time will probably stay in my mind forever. No matter how you look at him, he's just brilliant. When the game came out i was still young enough to automatically add a N into his name. Besides that you also had to funny point that you had to hit him with a hammer whenever he came screaming out of one of his holes. The sound effects make it even more ridiculous. I still crack up every time i fight against him.XD
Jul 20, 2008 4:35 PM

Apr 2008
One of the last bosses in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
But after some tries it went down.
Jul 20, 2008 4:38 PM
Jun 2008
MGS 2: Try the Metal gear RAY's on Euro extreme. NOT FUN.

Jul 20, 2008 4:46 PM
Jul 2008
The bosses in Ninja Gaiden were pretty tough (esp. Alma ._.). Some of them were just a joke though, like the Tentacle Fiend. :P

Alpha-152 from DOA4 was hard - until I figured out that she has a horrible defense. Now beating her is a piece of cake.
Jul 20, 2008 5:35 PM

Jul 2008
Liquid Ocelot on the hardest difficulty of MGS4.

FF bosses have always been easy for me for some odd reason.
Jul 20, 2008 6:18 PM

Apr 2008
The kraken in golden sun.

Aaaargh. i remeber how much i struggled with that one.
Jul 20, 2008 7:29 PM

May 2007
Oh man I forgot in my first post to say the one boss I can never beat.

Axel 2 from Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, I just can't beat him, there is no trick you just either can do it or not, I hate the boss.
My anime list
Jul 20, 2008 11:41 PM

Jul 2008
Flandre from Touhou: "Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil"

*Bangs head against wall*

I STILL CAN'T BEAT HER ON LUNATIC!
Jul 21, 2008 12:53 AM

May 2007
Rethice said:
Flandre from Touhou: "Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil"

*Bangs head against wall*

I STILL CAN'T BEAT HER ON LUNATIC!
Jul 21, 2008 10:16 AM
Jun 2008
On the real.....I have to say that Last Boss in Sonic The Hedgehog '06 for XBox 360! He really got on my nerves!!!!!! Nearly smash my controller!
Hikari/Yami Kyuto "Prince of Light & Darkness"
Jul 21, 2008 11:03 AM

Mar 2008
The last boss in Final Fantasy VIII, she was impossible V_V Even at lvl.99 she still had that move that would take all your character's HP all the way down to 1 in one hit =/

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

21 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
2 hours ago

» Your first game in your life ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

list713 - Dec 21, 2008

835 by Fancyjasper »»
5 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

19 by Vendicator »»
6 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

23 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 8:13 PM

» Operating systems

skapito - Apr 13

19 by bevarnow »»
Yesterday, 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.