Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2023 5:34 PM
Jan 2021
The story is nothing special by now but I really enjoy the way this anime is written.
Most isekai like this have weird dialogues and story telling but it doesn’t seem to be the case with this one.
Will definitely continue to watch it.
Jan 15, 2023 5:42 PM

Aug 2019
Another pretty nice episode imo. Also very interested to see what that post-credit scene was about!

And again, this is way better than what I was first expecting.
Jan 15, 2023 7:46 PM
Apr 2016
Didnt expect this good. I have low expectation about this film but every episode have a really good dialog, not so fast also every scene is meaningful.
Cant wait for next episode!!
Jan 15, 2023 8:15 PM

Jul 2017
Enrolling in Lodonea Magic Academy, and after the fight with the elder newt, Seika is ready to take the next step with Yifa. As always, the inferior brother Gly has been slacking off enough to be aware that he'll get his karma soon, and a duel to settle who is going to the Academy. A birthday present from the kind elder brother Luft, and Gly can't wait no longer to get the duel going, only to meet with more disappointment after just a glimpse of Seika's power. Of course, this is all to say that he planned this way ahead of time.

Time to go to Lodonea, and both Seika and Yifa make their way there with Luft showing them off. Yifa can only grow stronger through Seika, but the realization that Seika is not a legitimate son and one that manifested magic like no other, he could be a potential hero or a demon, two sides aloft. It's obvious that Yifa has a thing for Seika, but that's not his main priority. The magic attrition of Yifa is there, but as expected of Seika, he didn't have any. But the arrival of the commoner Amyu who has all 4 elements, Seika strikes a balance between someone he knows in his past life.

Wouldn't call this interesting, but it has got the attention.
Jan 16, 2023 4:54 AM

Aug 2014
kinda weird that he can enroll without mana tho. but i guess being a noble also help
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 16, 2023 6:59 AM
Oct 2018
love the plot twist
Jan 16, 2023 10:24 AM
Jan 2023
gaydongpyo said:
should i read the manga or just be patient

be patient I know its hard
Jan 16, 2023 2:19 PM

May 2018
Oh, poor Gly, looks like that wuss is gonna have to join the army.
Jan 16, 2023 10:42 PM
Nov 2020
this anime is good
Jan 17, 2023 2:30 PM

Nov 2013
mc finally got father permission to go to school... along with Efa, yay awesome

LOL the brother lost his place and won't go to the school, even tho he has been boasting about it for ages, get rekt

a duel? when he hides from monsters while Seika beats it in one shot? when the brother hasn't even practiced and all he did was play with a sword in town? lol
these haters never learn :D

happy birthday, a glass pen seems like a nice gift, if is lasts as long has hundreds of feathers

omfg... is the brother serious? imagine doing the duel during the night, i hope his father hits him for disrespecting his order lmao

the brother was hitting him with everything, but he never had a chance

i like the fox "see your prowers and live" LOL tbh wasn't expecting him to show the doll

reminder that humans killed him in past life, never forget that
wonder if he will end up showing off like he did before dying or if he will indeed be careful

after all the study and ...rough travel ... they are finally there (now we know even Seika has a weakness, ty Efa)

guess he was adopted, wonder if real parents are family or random person he knew
father saying he could be a hero or a demon lord, i mean, sure, he will be the strongest... if he isn't already

aw Efa wanted to stay with him, i mean, she is his attendant after all (nothing more... yet?)
Yuki was kinda mad at Efa love, but that being said, it's fun to tease Seika and his ignorance towards girls :D

other students comments tho "better get on his good side" or "a slave in the academy?"
kinda random they said she is his slave lmao at least say something like childhood friend or something

oh no, mana test, that's not a good test for him lol
yay "water fire wind earth light dark" is this a normal game? :D
Efa got so mad at the comments, scary

that red hair girl, not only she looks badass, but she also has the 4 elements, damn
seems like mc knows her, or one of her ancestors...
i'll ignore her bad comment, taking into consideration the ed showing them together lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 17, 2023 6:43 PM

Nov 2009
So, Seika reveals partly how strong he is and also how strong Efa is.

And the other brother gets jelly and wants to ambush Seika using mid-tier skills (that's supposedly banned in the Duel)

But he gets owned by Seika's voodoo power.

(what's interesting is, I noticed that Seika's weakness is actually the paper dolls, without any paper doll, apparently Seika can't use most of his exorcism powers.)
(meaning if Seika ran out of paper dolls, he will truly become what he should have been, a magicless commoner) (tho, apparently Seika's summon can stay in the world without having to be resummon... huh...)

___ ___ ___

"in this life, I want to become one of them"... I sure hope he means he want to be a normal human... and not the greedy-backstabbing humans... LOL

And Seika gave Efa a special elemental gem necklace. (tho, we apparently can't see it after the first frame, cause it's hidden under the clothings and in between her (_Y_))

And apparently Seika's father is the brother of the Lord (aka father), that somehow went missing in Demon territory. (interesting... so apparently the future have Demon regions)

(This means, there's "Eastern region" where Seika's past life is, "Western region" where the current Seika is, and "Demon region" where Seika's bio-father went missing)

Imagine what would happen if Seika reincarnated into the Demon region, LOL... (hmm... I think there was another manga with this plot)

___ ___ ___

Meanwhile as Seika goes to enroll, he shows he has no magic, while another girl (possible Tsundere) has all 4 elements, interesting.

Tho we're already spoiled by the OP/ED that the red hair girl will join Seika, lol.

But as the ED ends... they teased the Demon region with a "crush the Hero"... I wonder who's the Hero? is that Seika's father that went missing?

or a plot twist, the Demon Lord is Seikas father and Seika has to fight him at the end... (Seika, I am your father)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 17, 2023 9:46 PM
Nov 2018
liam0207 said:
This episode was a lot better in terms of pacing. ALthough, I'm pretty bummed they cut a bit of the flashback and we didn't get to see
It isn't even a big thing, and it's not like not having it in strengthens the story in any way. On the contrary, it's a small, 15 second scene that's pretty necessary for the overall tone of the story going forward. 
Huh, yeah that would have lent more weight to the father's worry about Seika becoming dangerous in the future. So I guess he used the excuse of the scanner picking up nothing to try to keep Seika from developing his abilities... until Seika forced things with the newt, and he couldn't hide the kid's power anymore.

I am glad we got more insight from Lord Lamprouge(?) though. He's not an idiot, he can tell the system of magic Seika uses is not the standard for humans of that realm. Is that why he thinks Seika may be demonic, is their magic distinct from / incompatible with humans' magic (or at least the tools humans use to measure their magic)? I'd like to learn more about the mechanics of the distinct magic systems, but the narrative seems to assume the audience is familiar with Onmyōji and their methods.

Speaking of worldbulding, 'slave' was not just Gly being an asshole, Yifa is enslaved to Seika's family? Yeesh. I wish the narrative actually dealt with that, rather than have her latch on to the one guy who doesn't try to abuse her. I'm glad she likes Seika, their friendship and his encouraging her abilities has been pretty wholesome, but the scene where she asked if Seika wanted her to sleep with him was so uncomfortable. How about we work toward emancipating her, then she can court her fellow adolescent?

On the other had, props to Yuki for spelling things out to Seika. He's still not interested (YAY), but at least he won't be oblivious.

I hope Gly's stint in the army helps him grow into a better person, instead of encouraging his worst behaviors. Won't hold my breath, though.
Jan 18, 2023 5:07 AM
Mar 2012
Grey's scum but oof Seika crushing a curse puppet looks brutal.
Yifa quite funny, tho maybe drop the slave for servant status.
Interesting both Seika & Blaze had plans & spying in place.
Another isekai mc trying to be mob, but his life's at stake & slightly different from usual school tropes.
Tsun is red of course, but sounds like potential isekaier & surprise being a strong commoner.
lol this demonlord likes green peas??
gophercgJan 18, 2023 5:13 AM
Jan 18, 2023 6:48 AM
Viking Gnome

Dec 2018
Alright, I am starting to see some potential here. The father was much more observant and strategic than I thought. He had been paying attention and seems to know a lot more than he lets on.

We also get to see some of Seika's backstory and where he came from. Clearly, his 'father' recognizes that Seika can be the one that protects the nation or the one that destroys it, so trying to put him in a positive and fostering environment is not a bad idea.

I am positively surprised at how the father has been portrayed thus far, and looking forward to seeing how his character develops in the future.

As I predicted at the end of the last episode, we are indeed going to the magical academy as of the next episode. This show did seem very tropey and predictable based on the first episode, but there is some more depth than I initially expected.

Seika seems to have planned this entire thing out from the get-go and done everything in his power to set up his new life at the academy and beyond. He set all the wheels in motion long, long ago.

He wants to be ordinary, one of the masses, though as with all of Isekai anime, there is no way that is going to be the case by the end. But hey, one day, it might actually materialize. We can dream.

We get some more development of Efa as a character and also get introduced to a flashy redhead that will no doubt be one of the core cast moving forward.

While nothing in this anime is blowing anyone's mind at the moment, it does seem to be a step above the lowest common denominator of Isekai anime thus far.

Enjoying the anime as a whole so far, so hopefully, it continues.

Jan 19, 2023 8:04 AM
May 2019
Maybe Gly will become one of villain in this story like other isekai or adventure theme anime. Because of his jelous towards Mc, Someday he maybe come obstacle. This only a possible scenario

I looking forward for the next episode
Jan 21, 2023 1:40 PM
Dec 2022
I guess this world has no knowledge of spiritual magic😅
Jan 22, 2023 4:00 PM

Oct 2015
Aight. I'm liking this more and more.
   HuaLian <3
Jan 25, 2023 8:01 AM
Feb 2021
that's just too magical!
Feb 4, 2023 3:20 AM
Jul 2020
5 stars... i liked it
Feb 11, 2023 3:35 PM

Jan 2015
Lol'd at the sphere elements proficiency test at the academy with commoners hissing at the noble MC. If MC was a commoner they'd be talking about how "eww drity commoner with no magic what is he thinking" but since he is a noble they are complaining about how he is only here because of the connections. Wth? I guess the majority dictates the atmosphere... Speaking of which, it's probably the first academy that has so many commoners, usually they are as rare as pearl in the ocean.

Great epiosode though, especially the first half. I dont really like the fox familiar tho, she is super annoying and intrusive also didnt like how she pointed out that Efa likes him, I wish he learned that himself!!! Also don't like that he is as strong as a nation and has old friends from his past life, but I guess this is what makes it so special since he reincarnated himself. 

Also how come that red haired commoner is able to talk down to a noble? From all the noble-commoner stories i've seen, this is just an anti pattern lol. Like in Seirei Gensouki you could get fucking executed lol.
HirugikuFeb 11, 2023 3:42 PM
Mar 11, 2023 2:39 PM

Nov 2013
Good, we won't be seeing Gly for a while, but you can BET once he returns he'll be an edge-lord, all pissed at MC for existing and "ruining his entire life" and shit.

Also, how is MC planning on being "just one of em' weak peoplez???" By 1-shoting tough monsters and using "spells" without incantations? Bruh...

P.S Did we just got introduced to a red-head tsundere?
Mar 25, 2023 12:29 PM
Mar 2023
Loved it really good spin to Isekai
Apr 3, 2023 2:11 AM

Sep 2012

hes blind as a bat cause that's way 2obvious LMAO

Apr 5, 2023 6:23 AM

May 2020
For defeating the Salamander, Seika gets a feast and rewards. He wants to go to the Magic Academy, with Yifa. Gly gets to go to the army. 🤣🤣🤣

He couldn't wait for the duel and got himself a taste. Seika can't handle carriages. 🤣🤣🤣

Oh, so he's not illegitimate, but the count's brother, Gilbert's son. Oh, so he was a good guy and didn't want to send Seika to the army. Now I have a good view of the Count.

Seika didn't understand what Yifa meant though. More like, he was too sick to care about that. I like his mind voice though. Amyu is introduced.
Jul 21, 2023 10:33 PM

May 2010
This it totally generic, but in a good way. I'm looking forward to going through the paces of the magic school arc, because it seems like this show is going to do it right. Even with the tsundere, they established a valid reason for her tsun right off the bat. I also enjoy the fact that the overpowered MC desires to not be an overpowered MC, a subtle twist on the norm.
“Money can't buy dere”
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

138 by argy97 »»
Apr 9, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

37 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.