Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta' Gets TV Anime in 2023

New
Jan 13, 2023 9:20 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
Production company Shochiku opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Koume Fujichika's Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta (The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses) manga on Friday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2023.

Fujichika began drawing the slice of life romance manga in Monthly Gangan Joker in November 2018. Square Enix published the ninth volume in June 2022, with the tenth volume set to be released on January 20.

Square Enix Manga & Books licensed the manga in English in March 2022 and published the first volume in December 2022. The second volume is set to release on February 21.

Synopsis
As the deskmate of Ai Mie, Kaede Komura always has his attention fixed on her. Attracted by her cute charms, all he wishes for is that she would look at him with those beautiful eyes beneath her glasses. But just a few days after making her acquaintance, Kaede notices something different about Ai: her eyes are squinting and her glasses are missing. Nonetheless, he still finds her adorable!

Unexpectedly, Ai has a tendency to forget her glasses. Having terrible vision, she has difficulty going through her day at school. Thankfully, Kaede is more than willing to help her. As Ai starts relying on him, Kaede's feelings for her grow even more. Likewise, despite her short-sightedness, Kaede slowly becomes the person Ai always hopes to see. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://anime.shochiku.co.jp/sukimega/
Official Twitter: @Sukimega

Source: Comic Natalie

Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta on MAL
Jan 13, 2023 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
I hope she won't be forgetting her glasses too often, because Glasses Supremacy.

Jan 13, 2023 9:32 AM
Apr 2022
I know for sure this show wont do well because it sounds hella repetitive, but im wondering how he is gonna help the girl swim, shower and stuff lol
Jan 13, 2023 9:33 AM

Apr 2012
Please correct me. Is this the first romcom to focus so heavily on a megane-like character? Yes, there has been romance anime with megane before, but I don't remember it having such a big focus.
Jan 13, 2023 9:36 AM

Apr 2012
Monkiesmata said:
I know for sure this show wont do well because it sounds hella repetitive, but im wondering how he is gonna help the girl swim, shower and stuff lol
You just debunked the success of anime sitcoms and similar romcoms in particular, lol. Takagi and Uzaki are literally built on a strict formula and are some of the biggest shows in the last decade. Also, the twitter manga is quite popular, so this will also find its fans.
Jan 13, 2023 9:43 AM

May 2020
Don't tell me they're secretly trying to give that message.. that one.. "Love is blind"
Jan 13, 2023 9:48 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Bruh the hell, just started reading this manga. Hope Square Enix is fast enough to release the volumes they'll adapt then.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 13, 2023 10:59 AM

Mar 2021
I love this manga, I’m looking forward to this adaption!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2023 12:22 PM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Monkiesmata said:
You just debunked the success of anime sitcoms and similar romcoms in particular, lol. Takagi and Uzaki are literally built on a strict formula and are some of the biggest shows in the last decade. Also, the twitter manga is quite popular, so this will also find its fans.
There was an OVA series where each heroine was meganekko if it counts. And TV series about megane boys.
Jan 13, 2023 1:44 PM
Jul 2016

"My glasses, I can't see without my glasses!"
Jan 13, 2023 2:14 PM
Dec 2017
erikkamirs said:

"My glasses, I can't see without my glasses!"
lol this post has to be the best one here XD

Jan 13, 2023 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
Meh i wish hatsukoi zombie would get an anime
Jan 13, 2023 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
Girls with glasses are the best but they are the ultimate when they forget their glasses I’m so ready
Jan 13, 2023 6:35 PM

May 2020
Well deserved. This manga slaps.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Jan 13, 2023 10:12 PM
Jan 2016
I read the manga for this it's very cute
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jan 14, 2023 1:59 AM

Apr 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
RobertBobert said:
There was an OVA series where each heroine was meganekko if it counts. And TV series about megane boys.
Well, Megane MCs are made to represent the audience with glasses, not their fetishes for people with glasses, so it's a bit different.
Jan 14, 2023 4:49 AM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Well, Megane MCs are made to represent the audience with glasses, not their fetishes for people with glasses, so it's a bit different.
The two examples I mentioned specifically pandered the opposite gender audience with glasses fetish. Though, the seond one is not romance.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/9335/Megane_na_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19257/Megane-bu
Jan 14, 2023 4:53 AM

Feb 2012
Sounds cute and wholesome. Might watch.
Jan 15, 2023 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
I binge read this manga up to the recent 95th chapter in one day. Such a wholesome series! I'm really looking forward to the anime!
Jan 15, 2023 12:10 PM

Apr 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
RobertBobert said:
The two examples I mentioned specifically pandered the opposite gender audience with glasses fetish. Though, the seond one is not romance.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/9335/Megane_na_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19257/Megane-bu
Judging by the ratings, age and format, these shows are as old as mammoth shit and known to the general public in the same way.
Jan 15, 2023 12:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This sounds like my cup of tea

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.