Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2023 5:28 AM

Dec 2010
So we're finally starting with the killings, sure took a long time. Despite that, it still doesn't quite feel like a Gundam show. Oh well, still enjoyed it and looking forward to the second cour.
Jan 8, 2023 5:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite the surprise attack looks like Suletta's mother had antipated the enemy's attack and planned accordinely. Still an assault of this size really is surprising in this age of peace. Not to mention that it was a purge of the station as well. Poor Guel though being forced to defend  himself against his father like that. Suletta sure had some luck there but it was unfortunate that she had to see that kind of thing though. But her mom's right in that if they had not intervened those terrorists would had killed her. Ariel entry into the fight was damm dramatic. The gund bits really are quite versatile though. Overall a solid ep that really showcased a dramatic change in tone via the intro of the shift to war footing courtesy of the witches of earth. The fight between Suletta and the witches was damm good. But i feel that things would change for a lot of people from this point on. Can't wait to see the second cour now. But this was such a dramatic way to end the first cour.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2023 5:34 AM
Dec 2019
Physically cringed at the splat. I don't blame Miorine for being a bit terrified. There was absolutely zero concern or remorse in Suletta's face or voice, even as she was covered in blood.

Jan 8, 2023 5:35 AM

Sep 2007
The way Prospera manipulates Suletta is honestly both amazing and deplorable. She made Suletta cross the line so easily. It felt so gross.

The shy, awkward girl that was reluctant to duel at the start just splatted a man onto the ground with a smile on her face (despite it being for Miorine and her father's safety). And given how she's still not very aware of how someone should be reacting after committing such a deed just shows how naive and sheltered Suletta has been (which only makes me believe Prospera's done it on purpose). Can't say I blame Miorine for her reaction.

On the other hand, Guel just can't catch a break. Vim Jeturk had it coming a long time, tbh. But this sort of karmic justice was just icing on the whole cake. Sucks Guel had to be the one to deal the blow. I swear the Jeturk house is cursed.

Still, it was an amazing episode and the build up to it was entertaining to watch. Can't wait for the continuation in April.
Jan 8, 2023 5:39 AM

Apr 2015
Finally, the real gundam story i've been waiting for. Politics, Murders, and Robot Battles!
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Jan 8, 2023 5:50 AM
Oct 2020
Even for gundam that was a brutal looking death. At least compared to pre-90s gundam. (Not sure about gundams after f91). Miorine look absolutely horrified. Prospera most likely knew this was going to happen. She’s way too manipulative, it’s sick.

Great first cour. Looking forward to the second.

4 month wait is gonna be pain.
Jan 8, 2023 5:59 AM
Oct 2016
That's one hell of a way to end the first cour! Holy hell they went full Gundam this episode! So far this new series has only dipped its toes into that kind of territory. The stuff with Elan early on and some of the stuff with Prospera was the closest we got before this. Even the duels at school while they had intense action didn't have life or death stakes. This episode though just completely shattered any illusion that this show wouldn't go full Gundam. I had started to believe they wouldn't do it. After weeks and weeks of nothing but slice of life type episodes revolving around duels, business politics, commercial production, and general teenage student life in space I lulled myself into thinking they wouldn't go full Gundam. Welp that thinking just got tossed out the window! Nika knows the terrorists! Suletta squished that dude to mush!!! Wtf was that!!!! Prospera manipulated her even worse than before!! Guel killed his own dad!!!! Dozens of people just died in this attack by the Earthians!!! They really saved the best for last with this episode. Talk about a cliffhanger ending that changes everything going forward. Miorine will never look at Suletta the same again. I'm shocked they just flipped the table like this. All that we knew beforehand is different now. The second half of this season in Spring will be crazy!

85/100
Jan 8, 2023 6:05 AM

Jan 2017
Holy fucking shit, I was about to say that they did cockblock as a lot in this season's final, but then the post-credit scene happened...

But I still think that Suletta's mother will be the final boss in this story.
Jan 8, 2023 6:13 AM
Dec 2022
So from a joyful girl,to a joyful nightmare
Geez i have a feeling that her mother must be the real deal
Jan 8, 2023 6:19 AM

Aug 2016
Insane how almost every single character in this show ended up insanely likeable. Can't wait for season 2. I need more Guel content for real.
Thoughts on the ep:

• Suletta's trust in her mother being so strong that she instantly accepts murder as an option is very worrying, especially since Prospera obviously doesn't have the safest and bestest of intentions, and seemingly cares more about the Gundam than her kid. I wouldn't be suprised if Prospera ends up going from antihero to main villain. If she stays on the good guy side despite being so villainously controlling I'd be a bit surprised. Not the first time it happened in Gundam but still.
  • Also I really liked the scene where they conversed, with there being an obvious line on the ground with one side bloody and Suletta literally crossing that line. It's not very subtle, but neither was the "Guel sees Suletta and all the lights in the park turn on" from earlier on in the series and I liked that scene a lot as well.
  • The entire Guel part was messed up. I'm glad he lived and I'm glad he's ok but he's prolly messed up bad. Unfortunate side effect of mid battle MS on MS communication only working in very close range. I hope his coworkers don't end up suffering as well now that they're expendable to the terrorists.
  • Nika being caught red handed communicating with the terrorists. Martin is a good lad so i'm sure nothing will come out of it as long as he doesn't panic but still, if this means more focus on the side guys i'm all for it. 
  • Shaddiq seems to not really care that the plan failed? I still don't get what he's really up to and if he's working with his dad's best interest in mind or just for himself
  • Also THAT scene was p brutal for a gundam show. Gundam does not do gore or blood often at ALL. Older Gundam shows made use of the lack of blood and gore to make the few times they appear much more memorable due to you not expecting them at all. That succeeded here as well. I was fully expecting people to get shot since that was already established but not for anyone to just go SPLAT

overall, good shit. Witch of Mercury Season 1 was def a 9/10 for me. Really really good but not as good as Turn A,War in the Pocket or Encounters in Space/OG Gundam's finale. Can't wait for the conclusion
ErroratuJan 8, 2023 6:28 AM
Jan 8, 2023 6:23 AM
Feb 2021
WHAT THE F#CK WAS THAT AFTER CREDIT SCENE???!!!!
God, I don't wanna wait 😭😭😭
Jan 8, 2023 6:23 AM
Nov 2017
Sulleta's mother is strange and a little scary

I don't blame Miorine for being scared, but she and her father would have died if Sulleta hadn't arrived, she's not a cold blooded killer, she's just too innocent for her own good.
Jan 8, 2023 6:31 AM
Oct 2018
This might just be the best episode of gundam of all time. Holy shit. Like, just the part with guel would have been a banger episode, just the assault and battle with the defense force would have been a banger episode, just suletta getting to hanger 78 and fighting would have been a godlike episode, but all of it, in one episode, and WITH that ending scene? Holy shit. I'm just blown away, just like my growing doubts about this series. Episode 11 gave some nice character development and gave me a little hope but I didn't expect it to get this good this fast. It almost justifies all the slow school segments with duels and whatnot. Almost. This is the series the prologue promised and I will be so sad if things just go back to relative normal school life next season.
Jan 8, 2023 6:37 AM
Jan 2023
Is this my submission? if not who's the author props to you my guy
Jan 8, 2023 6:37 AM
Jan 2023
it's amazing how there's so much blood from 1 body
Jan 8, 2023 6:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The huge laser final attack was too great, now sure that the very end is worrying for Suletta's behavior regarding killing a human being... I can't wait to see how things will turn out in the next cour
Jan 8, 2023 6:40 AM
Nov 2019
the mask character in gundam is always wird kinda psycho but now that we can contrat with the mother archetype it show how unsettling really is

also

Murdurer tanuki sound intensity
Jan 8, 2023 6:40 AM

Oct 2022
Awesome and finally good pacing. This episode give much hype for the next season. And the post credit scene that let us 🤯

Jan 8, 2023 6:43 AM

Aug 2016
Arsene076 said:
it's amazing how there's so much blood from 1 body
the human body has 5 liters of blood! So basically imagine dropping one of those big milk jugs that the americans use and it just busting open all over the place. 
Jan 8, 2023 6:45 AM
Oct 2020
For most of the Series I thought it was a good anime, but not quite a Gundam one (War crimes, child soldiers, PTSD and all that). The last few episodes were starting to change my mind, but the ending to this last episode confirmed this series to me as a Gundam one. Looking forward to season 2 in April.
Jan 8, 2023 6:47 AM
May 2016
final episode gave me ptsd. jesus christ that after credits scene. i'm new to gundam and oh boy this sure is dark. i'm ready for it to get darker
Jan 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Jul 2011
In this episode we seen many types of parenting. With the best being Prospera real good pep talk.

Guel got the presidency,maybe.

Sus Nikka was discovered as the imposter. Next season the continuation of this Among Us match.

Suletta was the kool-aid man at the end and spilling a terrorist kool-aid. And Miorine isn't okay with that, even if the terrorist was ready to spill their kool-aid.
Jan 8, 2023 7:04 AM
Apr 2022
Uh oh. RIP normal Guel. I really liked him and was really hoping he can be the only normal male protagonist, but alas I think at this point we can just say goodbye to normal Guel. They always need a  crazy revenger Mr. Bushido type character for every Gundam show, and I guess this one it's gonna be Guel. Bet they are gonna turn him into some kind of berserker that goes crazy about destroying Gundam because of his PTSD and how he will go crazy and channel all the anger from his dad's dead on Aerial and Suletta.

That was really good overall in setting the stage for the upcoming major conflict of this show. Can't wait to see more. Like I said, this is one of the better Gundam show in a long time since IBO. I hope they don't rush the ending for this one just like they did with IBO. I think people disliked earlier episodes because of the slow build up, but honestly I would argue alot of the characters felt much more likeable in this one because they spent time early on developing multiples of them. Now you are interested in finding out more what's gonna happen to Guel Shaddiq Nika and Elan because they each has an personal arc going on. 
whitebagelxyzJan 8, 2023 7:10 AM
Jan 8, 2023 7:06 AM
Feb 2021
rtx26 said:
Prospera is best mom <3 lol
yeah good mother who's gaslighting her daughter to murder
Jan 8, 2023 7:22 AM

Mar 2020
Probably was most invested in watching the finale than any other episode this season, and that's a good sign for things to come. I feel like this is the Gundam I signed up for, though for this cour, it kicked off a little slower than I would have hoped. That post credit scene, now that was finally some meaningful development for Suletta that I wanted to see, and it should get better for her from here, and for our entertainment's sake. Cour 2 is three months, and I'll be watching for sure.
Jan 8, 2023 7:26 AM

Nov 2016
They went dummy on the finale

Suletta did a 180. This definitely more than makes up for the lack of secondary character deaths.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 8, 2023 7:31 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What? They can't just end this part like this. Oh boy, this episode left so many subplots to be resolved.

For one, the death of Vim Geturk continuing Guel's quest to move on after his losses to Suletta. Will be traumatized now? Will he come back or stay away from the branch? Then Nika, who was found out doing some suspicious signaling while covering Earth's house. How will shee dbe able to come out of this one? Will Shaddiq eventually be found out on his real intentions? But most importantly, Suletta's radical transformation after seeing a blood bath and then doing almost the same to save Miorine. I think for that one the questions are pretty straight forward.

Well, while we wait for the second part, I gfotta give my absolute props to the animation and the sound teams. Not only where the 2D mech fights really well execuited but they left me in awe for just how they handled the rest as well. Each scene, background, character design and attack were done so beautifully that I could not stop watching. And don't get me started on those beats, the opening's a banger for sure but the the rest of the tracks aren't that far behind.

Up until now I haven't had the opportunity to start a Gundam series due to how complicated they looked from the outside. This one has some of that with its political side and technical mumbojumbo, but at the same time I'm having a really good time both in plot and character progression. See you in months...

...murderer
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 8, 2023 7:32 AM

Sep 2011
This was absolutely everything I expected the series to be from ther prologue finally and it feels satisfying to see all these plot teases finally get some movement even if id say we still are a long ways off from actual pay off, I just hate to keep repeating myself but if this is a 50 episode show, this is great set up and a good point to shift gears into new and more interesting directions and really has the potential to be a memorable AU. However if this is the halfway mark and we only got 24 episodes, they wasted an absurd amount of time and picked the absolute worst setting to introduce this story and it'll need the absolute most killer no filler 12 episodes to come after to make it worthwhile, like almost every ep is gonna need to be to this level of plot developments happening,.

I dont feel too strongly on the cast at the moment outside of Prospera and Guel, but I like where they are going with everyone and I am extremely interested in where everyone winds up now that the situation has gotten so life or death, I just hope we arent returning to that fucking school though cause I fear we still are. I legitimently think a Military esque academy is a fantastic setting for a gundam show and I am really mad at how much this series wasted it with what was frankly a very at odds with the logic of the series duel structure that seemed more interested in referencing utena than actually matching the cruel corporate backdrop of this universe

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 8, 2023 7:34 AM

Dec 2015
Holy cheeseballs, this was one heck of a finale for the first season. I like how this somewhat mirrors the events that occurred in the prologue.

Nika was able to save them from getting blasted but now she has some explaining to do. And that girl from Earth calling Suletta her big sister due to Suletta seeming to be a predecessor of the Gundam tech.

To top it all off, the contrast between Suletta's goofy personality and her killing some guy like he's a bug was just spectacular.
Jan 8, 2023 7:37 AM

Sep 2021
What an awesome finale! Although the beginning was somewhat slow (and it was hard to keep track of who is fighting who), it really picked up towards the end. 

Out of the parent-child moments, I really liked Suletta and Prospera. Prospera is such a cool and smart character. Guiding Suletta in this bloody conflict was very important and she knew exactly how to do it. I just hope she actually does it for Suletta and not just for her plans. Which are really uncertain so far, but it seems that a potential goal - to hold Delling responsible for killing Nadi and Cabo Narbo - is still possible, thanks to Suletta. 

Miorine was probably thrown into even more of a psychologial terror here. First she got separated from Suletta, then met her father again. She gets angry because he is so cold, then he saves her and she has to realize he does care for her after all. And in the end she has to witness the harsh way of war, with Suletta and Aerial crushing that terrorist. 

I really loved both the ending scene itself and how Suletta and Miorine act there. 
Suletta was prepared for it by Prospera, and was able to do what's necessary without hesitation. Yet she still is herself, both in the way she "interrupted" the shot by "slapping" that guy and by how she reaches out to Miorine with a smile, despite having blood all over her. 
Miorine on the other hand had no one to guide her and was just scared by everything. And all those feelings bottled up were released on Suletta, because Miorine couldn't see how that kill was necessary. 
Seeing this evolve will be really interesting in Season 2 - I can't wait!

One critisism I have is for the Guel vs Vim fight. I do like the drama, but Guel's plot armor was just way to hard. They should've at least made it so Vim's mobile suit was damaged or something. But instead I learned that Vim was a powerful duelist himself, just to see him, in Jeturk's best suit, lose to a panicking Guel in some random suit found aboard a trade ship. 
Jan 8, 2023 7:41 AM

Jan 2021
What an awesome final, Suletta coming into the rescue, as well as Miorine trying to save her dad. The losses were sad but that's how war is in Gundam. The battles were incredible as well. Suletta killing an enemy for the first time in front of Miorine and Miorine be like "Murderer", meanwhile the Earthlings be killing everybody lol.

Can't wait for Season 2.
Jan 8, 2023 7:43 AM
Jul 2021
A lot of people that hated this show a few weeks ago are either real quiet or acting like a fan right now.
Jan 8, 2023 7:47 AM
Jun 2021
Holy fucking shit what an ending, this whole series I was wondering if this was supposed to be a kid friendly show because of how unserious the characters were, I got to the post credits scene and thought “wouldn’t it be funny if she used her flying shield things to cut him into pieces” and then she fucking mashed him. Crazy cliffhanger to this series and pretty great animation but the first 10 episodes were really boring, overall 7/10
Jan 8, 2023 7:49 AM
Jul 2021
kaungkhantoo said:
What the fuck is wrong with Mecha anime franchise? Code Geass, Gurren Lagan, 86 and now this ? Doing 11 Ok episodes and then ended with the most amazing and shocking cliff hanger/ending episode.

You have no media literacy if your tolerance is that low for such a wide variety of writing.
Jan 8, 2023 7:49 AM
May 2022
Holy shit. That is all.
Jan 8, 2023 8:01 AM

Jan 2012
Finally we got an episode on par with the prologue, I loved it.

Saw that hand splash coming haha.
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM
Oct 2021
The plot twist from what I thought to be a light-hearted romance girl love story with some cool mech fight you got the whole thing turn upsize down holy cow suletta does not give a single fuck part 2 is gonna be so good at first this series is an A tier for me like an 8/10 now it's definitely a 10/10!
Jan 8, 2023 8:10 AM

Feb 2014
Oh boy...
Prince and his harem be ready coz Guel is gonna be on a bloody massacre now.
Also there can only be one Gundam and that's Aerial. Time for fake witch hunt on second season.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 8, 2023 8:22 AM
Jul 2013
Really great episode, suletta slap harder than bright noa entire career, can't wait for part 2
Jan 8, 2023 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
cute little murderer
Jan 8, 2023 8:44 AM

Mar 2012
I was thinking of not watching Part 2 because how I hated Part 1 but they just had to end it on an interesting cliffhanger. Now I need to know what happens next.
Jan 8, 2023 8:45 AM

Jan 2018
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. THAT LEFT ME SPEECHLESS. There were already a lot to process and after the ed I thought what else could possibly happen. AND GODDAMN SHIT WENT ABSOLUTELY FUCKING INSANE. 

10/10 show. My 2nd favourite show of the season. I can't wait for season 2 in 3 months time.
ARK-13Jan 8, 2023 8:50 AM
Jan 8, 2023 8:50 AM

Feb 2010
Guel did nothing but take loses this whole part of the series...and damn, I actually felt bad for Delling seeing him shield his daughter from the shrapnel.

Jan 8, 2023 8:50 AM

Mar 2016
finally finish prolog
Jan 8, 2023 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
I've been saying the whole airing season that the tonal shift was coming to return to that atmosphere brought by the prologue and at last, it hit. IT HIT HARD. That last scene was especially brutal y'all.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 8, 2023 9:14 AM

Nov 2008
This episode saved the anime, down to Suiletta smashing a guy like an ant to save Miorine (most brutality seen in Gundam since IBO, the Prologue wasn't so brutal), dear god I hope Mio recovers though; because it's not what she thinks is happening to Suiletta (unless you still really think she's Eri that is and not the Aerial).  Also, it seems Sophie and possibly Norea are having the same side effects as the other Gund-Arm pilots in the prologue, so those side effects haven't been remedied over the years.

Jan 8, 2023 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
haha imagine, your "fiance" killed someone who was trying to kill you to save you and you call them a murderer, well would you have preferred to have been killed instead? 
Jan 8, 2023 9:33 AM
Feb 2021
Holy Chicken this series went from nice school battles to basically real life battle stakes. Lots of family trauma whooop! love this xd
Jan 8, 2023 9:35 AM

May 2016
yeah that was a dog shit ending. I don't believe for a second she would act like that at the ending with all we have seen of her so personality so far. Saved her life and now hates her for it? get the fuck out of her. so lame. almost want to change my score to a 6 because of it.
Not enough action either just boring shit about dad and family. . One little scene with Aerial and that was all and way late in the episode.
Kayle_x_MorganaJan 8, 2023 9:38 AM
Jan 8, 2023 9:39 AM
Oct 2020
That post credit scene was perfect! Great way to end the show and I'm excited to see a season 2 but still, Suletta went from oh shit mom killed someone to squishing a guy like a bug and smiling faster than someone's dad going to get milk. Children sure do grow up fast. I understand Miorine being terrified about her groom just killing someone and smiling but at least thank her for saving you god damn it!
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

16 by Nyron »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2022

105 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2022

70 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 12, 3:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.