Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 16, 2023 4:54 AM

Aug 2014
This show has a nice start. Looking good
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 17, 2023 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
To be completely honest I only started this cause I saw Hayami Show in the cast, but overall it looks decent.
Jan 17, 2023 6:13 PM

Nov 2009
So this is Reincarnation anime.

The dude's past life was betrayed by the people he protected (aka the rich and powerful) and decide not to kill his students and instead decide to die and sends himself into the future?

So basically they have magic in the future... (since the past seems to not have any and rely on exorcism) (tho it looks like he's send from the Eastern country to the Western country, judging by the change in scenery)

That or the past Western country already had magic, just that the Eastern country learned exorcism instead of magic.

And instead of Ayakashi in the Past, the Future apparently have Fantasy like Monsters...

___ ___ ___

And he decide to slowly learn about the world and magic by himself while using his past life powers.

Quite interesting that the first "summon" he did is a cute girl... huh.... LOL (and apparently she's in a younger, or should I say "kawaii", state)

BTW, Efa seems like the "actual MC" of the current timeline in their world if Seika didn't reincarnated.

Since Efa has a unique attribute of seeing elemental spirits (like that other anime's MC, lol)

But it's a good thing Seika reincarnated, else Efa would turn into another tragic "sex slave" that's in most Isekai series. (but this isn't an Isekai series)

___ ___ ___

And apparently Seika's ideal this time... isn't to "protect people" but rather to do "whatever he wants, in order to make himself remain happy" (but part of that is to protect the people he's close with, lol)

___ ___ ___

Surely by the end of this series, Efa isn't going to be kidnapped and forced to fight Seika and Seika ends himself again... right? right guys?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 18, 2023 1:47 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World" - any other time I would have avoided such a generic-sounding title along with a generic-looking key visual like the plague, as I do with pretty much all other fantasy and isekai that is not Mushoku Tensei.

But this season I have been feeling rather open-minded. I kind of felt like trying things that I would've otherwise thought I wouldn't have liked at all- and I have been pretty much rewarded every time. And now with this... is isekai evolving, or is it just because that I've pretty much avoided them all in the recent years that my expectations were so low? Because this is, kind of solid actually. Not going to ramble on for too long. I'm just going to say that I like it, I've been pleasantly surprised as I have been with pretty much all the other anime I chose to watch this season beside Vinland Saga (because Vinland Saga obviously was going to be good, and it freaking is). Idk what it is, but maybe titles of the fantasy and isekai genres aren't as insufferable as I thought them to be.

Also I want to more about his previous life, not only that I'm genuinely curious as to know more of what happened, but that animation though?? Hello??

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 18, 2023 5:50 AM
Viking Gnome

Dec 2018
Ah yes, here we are again. Another new anime season and another new Isekai is here.

This Isekai seems to focus a lot on spiritual powers and that aspect of Japanese history, which can turn out to be somewhat interesting, though I doubt they will do much more than cover it on a baseline level.

We have our overpowered MC that is reincarnated in another world full of magic and the like, as per usual. He seems to have 'no' magical powers, yet has an immense amount of spiritual powers, which is not something that is cared about or measured in this world, seemingly.

Nothing too much stands out in this first episode. We get the MC being reborn and then growing to a young teen by the end, with some training montage skips of time as he improves from a young child to 12 years of age.

The animation quality seems decent and the voice acting is adequate. Nothing about this anime is special or noteworthy as of this time, but it is another Isekai, so I will helplessly watch it and smile week by week nonetheless.

Our MC does get to show off his power at the end of the first episode, which will probably catapult him into the standard 'magic academy' section of the story.

Nothing stands out much in this first episode except the very tired and old trope of the antagonistic bully of an older brother. He is a stain on my ears already and I can't wait till we beat him into a pulp and move on from him, or he changes, as I do not care much for another one of these dimwitted character caricatures.

If you like Isekai anime then you will likely enjoy this one as well, but it provides nothing new or special at this point. We will have to see how it progresses.

Jan 21, 2023 12:16 PM
Jan 2021
banger wtf didnt expect. would eat borgor 3 more times
Jan 21, 2023 1:13 PM
Dec 2022
Never look down or underestimate someone who isn't born of full noble blood!
Jan 22, 2023 3:43 AM

Nov 2019
That was a good start. MC feels kind of cold, emotionless though.
Jan 22, 2023 3:36 PM

Oct 2015
Hmm it was okay. Still wondering whether I'd drop this or not (cause there are too many anime to watch this season) but so far, it seems okay.
   HuaLian <3
Jan 22, 2023 10:33 PM
Oct 2019
was decent. don't think this will be a great show, but it might be interesting enough to watch
Jan 22, 2023 11:31 PM

Apr 2009
I hope this happiness reincarnation plan works till the end. Oh well what's the point of boring life of a magicless young noble if there's no challenge at all? LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 4, 2023 11:44 AM
Aug 2020
It was a good first episode so far.
Mar 10, 2023 6:24 AM
Aug 2021
anime brabo demais curti essa pegada diferente com protagonista exorcista muito roubado cada episodio mais top que o outro
Mar 11, 2023 2:00 PM

Nov 2013
The show screams "I'm MID"! Doesn't seem like trash as of yet, but certainly lacks originality and a "spark". You can literally list dozens of clichés and tropes. 

Could they make the younger brother Gly any more irritating? He's been spamming "heh, you can't use magic" the entire episode! Stfu already, jeez... and surprise surprise he turns out to be a coward and a wuss when it comes to walk the talk... 

If anything, Gly's the one "thing" that ruined the episode the most. Hopefully the show allocates less screen-time to him in the future.
Apr 3, 2023 1:42 AM

Sep 2012
o i know that 1brother will be bitch about later lol
Apr 4, 2023 10:07 PM

May 2020
This body may have no magical power, but it has incredible spiritual power.
Whoa, there. That's the perfect way to describe an OP character. 🤣🤣🤣

This Gly is gonna have it someday. The elder brother Ruft seems fine though.

Did he create papers from scratch? Oh, not seeking power or strength huh? That's the opposite of his previous life. He wants to be cunning this time. Good luck with that. Nice start though.
Apr 22, 2023 1:51 PM

Mar 2013
>isekai where the MC have nothing but his own skill from his previous life
>people bitch again about stereotype
I find funny the lack of this type of comment on the real trash tier isekai, but i guess avoiding them is easy enough.
lasodamosApr 23, 2023 12:52 PM
Jun 5, 2023 10:31 AM
Nov 2022
Damn! That was a pretty great first episode, i will definetly be watching the rest of this!
Jan 8, 12:27 PM

Nov 2014
When he said about being cunning in next life I expected another one of those "oh no they saw me showing off" stories. The fact that he wanted them to see him defeat monster at the end is positive surprise. Maybe we will finally get a protagonist that actually controls what others think about him for his own benefit.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

138 by argy97 »»
Apr 9, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

37 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.