Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 7, 2023 11:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Seems like it is getting a pretty cold reception from fans of the game, tbh between this and Nier Automata, if I had to pick I would prefer Nier to have the premium staff whereas this can end up more trash since this is not adopting any of the Cold Steel games directly (they would need tons of season for that), and with Nier, and 24 episodes, there is a lot more greatness ahead.
Trails of series are slow burns, we are only watching this for fanservice cuz otherwise it won't pick up that much momentum, an adaptation of Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 in 24-39 episodes with premium staff and proper respect would have gotten my WET anytime versus this.
Jan 7, 2023 12:34 PM

Apr 2016
The new anime looks atrocious. The detailed backgrounds do not gel with cartoons characters who only have one layer of shading. That's a general problem with modern anime but most shows at least paste a filter on to make it less jarring, but here there are several shots that just look terribly composited. There is also a scene where Lavi is drawn at a different angle than the environment she is supposed to be standing on. Also, shoddy 3D CGI. The soundtrack is forgettable. Falcom's people did the music for the Sky OVA and it sounded great, no idea why they aren't doing the music for this show.

The first episode is pretty bad as a hook. The first four minutes are about grunts trudging through the show. This could be interesting with better directing and art and animation, but alas. You can't even see their faces and they look near identical so you can't tell who is who. The main character has no personality. Can't tell you anything about her. The bad guy's speech at the end was incoherent. "What did our founding fathers leave us? Nothing! So I'm going to fight the Erebonians!" What does fighting the Erebonians have anything to do with what the founding fathers left you guys? Never mind that you just acknowledged that your country is weak and impoverished, and you just acknowledged that the empire is strong, just conquered a wealthier territory, and has a new superweapon. If the writers of the games had been working on this then I'd imagine they could come up with more sensible lines. Could also be a bad translation but given everything else about this show, I'm inclined to think that the writing is just bad.
Jan 7, 2023 6:16 PM

Dec 2016
I play the games so this was a series I was very much looking forward to.

Very exciting start, great fight against that sasquatch.

Looking forward to seeing more.
Jan 7, 2023 6:25 PM

Sep 2011
I'm interested to see how this midquel is handled but man Tatsunoko just isn't the studio they used to be.  The animation quality was rough and that last scene was Joe Rogan was a bit too fast paced.  
Jan 7, 2023 8:38 PM

Nov 2012
My favorite scenes were the snowball fight and the tour of the market. I kept waiting for Tak and Pom?? to take off their helmets. 
Jan 8, 2023 3:21 AM
Sep 2016
It was great, it set up it all fine, and the music reminded me of the games
Jan 8, 2023 8:06 AM
Feb 2021
I sympathized I would say
Jan 8, 2023 5:52 PM

Oct 2015
Well... the artstyle is pretty generic, but it was an okay episode. I like those 2 senpais with the MC. Buuut idk. I might get bored of this anime soon. Nothing really hooked me up. I'll give it 1 or 2 more episodes.
   HuaLian <3
Jan 9, 2023 2:31 AM

Jan 2016
I haven't played the games, I didn't even know this anime had anything to do with any games. I'm actually enjoying this more than anything else new this season so far. The setting reminds me a bit of the beginning of FF6. I like Lavi's 2 soldier friends, Lavi isn't that emotive though. I'm looking forward to see where this goes.
Jan 9, 2023 12:42 PM

Dec 2015
Haven't played the game but it seems to be interesting adaptation.

Btw the "Northern Borscht", which they were eating after arriving to that city, is a real dish x) -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht I am not even surprised the characters enjoyed that meal as it is a tasty one, in my country [Poland] we eat that usually only for Christmass. That's a rarity to see a slavic dish in an anime, noted int notebook, bookmarked and saved in memory.
Jan 10, 2023 5:12 AM
Jul 2010
After hearing Fleeting Homecoming, I decided to play the game again, and it's already the fourth time.
Jan 12, 2023 4:47 PM
Jan 2017
Pros: Got straight into the action. 
        Lavi is shown to be a calm capable fighter.

Cons: They have modern weaponry and immense monuments, but the civilians look like Russian peasants.
         The command structure acts like something from the Middle Ages.
Dreadogastus_FJan 12, 2023 4:53 PM
Jan 14, 2023 12:49 PM

Jul 2008
I admit I know nothing of the games diving in.

So far its just fine, not terrible but not amazing either.
Jun 19, 2023 8:29 AM
Aug 2013
nothing of note to talk about.

I can see why the casual viewer hated this there is a ton of prior knowledge you need from the games to care about anything they were talking about.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

31 by Kenchiin »»
Jan 23, 8:46 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

14 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

17 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

25 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2023

19 by Volvagia »»
Nov 6, 2023 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.