Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 2023 12:35 PM
Ichigo’s Wife
Jan 2019
It's not necessarily that the episode was bad it's just an average or mid idea. I'll give this show a couple more episodes and if I don't like it I'll drop it.
Jan 5, 2023 12:37 PM
Apr 2021
where can I see it?
Jan 5, 2023 12:42 PM
Jul 2020
Nothing special standard school life with some overpowered mc
Jan 5, 2023 12:43 PM

Jan 2017
I got through 15 minutes and dropped it.  It was just so boring.
Jan 5, 2023 12:43 PM

Mar 2013
If I took a drink every time "My name is Ray White" was spoken, I'd die from alcohol intoxication...
Jan 5, 2023 12:59 PM
Feb 2016
I was very surprised to see examples of social engineering in an anime. An OPMC is my jam too... 3 ep test is a Goooo
Jan 5, 2023 1:05 PM
Feb 2020
If the story of this show turns out to be bland, then I don't think this anime would mark this new studio in the anime industry. The animation seems to be a bit off in terms of quality & consistency of animation.

Might finish the show but it might not end up scoring good from my side if the animation quality isn't improved & remained consistent in remaining episodes.
Jan 5, 2023 1:24 PM
Feb 2021
I like it, this is right up my ally. Nothing super special, OP mc in a fantasy world with a bunch of girls and the animation is just okay and honestly, I don't mind, I didn't come into this thinking it was going to be amazing but just fun and so far, good start. 
Jan 5, 2023 1:40 PM

Jun 2019
Is this series originally in Japanese? It feels like I’m watching a dub tbh.
Jan 5, 2023 2:40 PM

Sep 2018
I think his name is Ray White, but I might be mistaken. Pretty lame opening episode, not gonna lie. Dialogue was incredibly vacuous, mind numbing stuff as he said the same shit to a bunch of different people throughout the whole episode. Generic OP MC in a magic school with a possible harem of girls on the way, yeah, got it. 
Jan 5, 2023 3:04 PM

Jul 2022
Angles are weird, animation is choppy, and the story is okay. I'm not expecting much from this anime. The opening though does give me the nostalgic vibes
Kek

Jan 5, 2023 3:24 PM
Aug 2018
They think this anime is a bit ecchi swq with scenes like: the girls are in bathing suits, underwear (showing their bra and panties or only their bra or just their panties), naked bathing and in pajamas or normal clothes with shoes or barefoot with or no socks?
Jan 5, 2023 3:31 PM
Jan 2021
Quite the bloody introduction. The OST is pretty nice as well.

It reminded me of Harry Potter a bit in the start with the introduction of our resident Malfoy who doesn't like the fact that an "ordinary" (muggle) was accepted into the academy.

We have the usual "red head girl with the same hair style as always from the top three families" but is actually nice this time, at least for now.

The animation so far doesn't impress me much, and while the artwork is nice it seems too colorful for no good reason.

We have our usual "blonde twin-tailed" girl (prob a tsundere) but too early to tell.

The MC is actually mature and OP, which I usually really like.

It reminds me of "Asterisk War" & "Chivalry of a failed knight "with a little "The Irregular at Magic High school" sprinkled in since he seems to be a military kid that's already established but I'm guessing he lost his family as a kid and was raised in the military etc, so I'll definitely be giving it a few more episodes.

It is a bit generic but I still want to see what it evolves in, especially after the bloody start and the "I'm actually stronger than all of you" end of the first episode.
DjcveJan 5, 2023 3:36 PM
Jan 5, 2023 3:39 PM

Dec 2020
It was a stable episode i like how they introduced the four girls.
Ray white is the ice blade sorcerer but no one knows that except the president.
Ed was nice with little fan service.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jan 5, 2023 3:42 PM

Feb 2014
Well, that was a bit more generic that I was expecting, but that's fine.
Some decent girls intorduced this episode.
The scene at the end when he breaks the bully's wooden sword was actually sorta cool.
Jan 5, 2023 4:04 PM
Dec 2021
Not bad. There were some enjoyable moments.
The ending sequence is probably foreshadowing the amount of fan service we can expect from the show. I'm not looking forward to it.
Jan 5, 2023 4:47 PM
Mar 2022
looks to be very good
Jan 5, 2023 4:48 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Not to bad of an episode. With introductions to the main characters, with the mc hiding the fact that he is op as hell. Can't wait to see how this anime unfolds

Jan 5, 2023 4:49 PM
Feb 2018
I have a questions first was Ray a child soldier or is he just older than he looks?

Two I understand that his military service is classified but could they not gave him a noble background like he is the principal/colonel family from the frontier as him being a commoner (ordinary)? is going to cause him trouble or the school that alium or whatever remains me of Kurt from Wiseman's grandchild and going to cause a lot of trouble

Three does Rose know Ray one of the seven grands?
Jan 5, 2023 4:59 PM
Aug 2021
I have to start off by saying that the OP and ED songs are incredible bangers. I can’t wait to add them to my anime playlist on Spotify.

Music aside, this anime is pretty generic but I was still entertained. I have certainly seen worse. The visuals are pretty decent for a brand new studio and the premise isn’t too bad.

Still, something seems off to me about this one. Ray’s voice actor (same as Itadori from JJK, among others) is very talented, but his performance in this episode seemed lackluster, maybe even half hearted. There were just some weird moments where things seemed wonky to me. Oh well, maybe it’s just because it’s the first episode of a new series from a new studio.

All in all, not a bad start. Looking forward to see where this goes in the next few episodes.
Jan 5, 2023 5:13 PM

Jul 2022
Good stuff, right up my classic OP MC alley. Fun music, fun characters. The noble anti-commoner posturing is a little overwrought and kinda lame but whatever, I'm along for the ride.
Jan 5, 2023 5:19 PM

Apr 2021
Every season nowadays has these shitty isekais. Nothing new. Can't even distinguish the characters from other isekais.
Jan 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Oct 2010
This could be 'generic but decent'. But production quality says 'nope'.
Jan 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Dec 2021
Black haired and looking like kirito, Check, Female lead is red hair (i hope shes not use fire magic) check, Blue hair girl who shy check, Childish blonde twintail girl check, MC always get bully because some reason check and finally its ecchi

totally like asterisk or rakudai, man why every season we have this thing
Jan 5, 2023 6:33 PM
Jul 2017
KANLen09 said:
This show made by a very new studio (Cloud Hearts), but produced under the supervision of Yokohama Animation Lab. It looks kinda iffy somehow...

This looks like a rather inferior version of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry a.k.a Chivalry of a Failed Knight, the newbie fantasy, magic and and academy tropes included. Ray White just looks like your typical MC, and Amelia Rose of nobility as the student representative, everything just falls into place splitting the ever-so-stale line between nobility and commoners.

The stereotypical MC going around to make friends and all, the ordinary vs. nobility takes place like the usual circumstance it is.

This was a rather generic start with nothing of staying power, even the OST is generic. A 3-episode rule, this is necessary.

Just drop it at this point then.
Jan 5, 2023 6:39 PM
Jan 2023
Nothing interesting so far that makes you anticipate for the next episode. If this continues it will just become one of the okish isekai anime.
Jan 5, 2023 6:58 PM
Jan 2022
lol given how this went, and esp the ED, how is there not a Harem tag
Jan 5, 2023 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
I feel like the beginning of the episode started off a little funky. Tried reading chapter 1 from manga and I feel like the anime is def. a bit lacking unfortunately based solely on that alone.. However, I am a sucker for hidden prodigies so I'll keep watching LOL2

Jan 5, 2023 7:49 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Easily the worst show of the season so far. You couldn't have came up with a more bland and uninteresting starter episode if you tried.

MC with stale or no personality? Check. 
Cast of girls that immediately get in good standing with MC based on little to no time spent together? Check
Visuals looking absolutely bottom tier? Check 

Like idk, I'll be open minded and assume that maybe the source material for this series is way better paced and fleshed out than what we're getting here, which if that is the case then it's unfortunate to see none of it in this episode. 

This looks like it'll be pure garbage from here on out and not the fun kind either. 

Jan 5, 2023 8:04 PM
Jan 2020
Did I go back go 2015? What the fuck is this?
Jan 5, 2023 8:26 PM

Feb 2019
So is it safe to assume that Ray is one of the seven Grand Sorcerers? hmm...interesting, and his instant bromance with Evi is just hilarious! lol Plus, he's already building up his harem slowly.
Jan 5, 2023 8:28 PM
Jul 2018
Yawwwwn. Ray Hwaito has that super generic black hair, blue eyes protagonist design. And Amelia from Renai Flops was the better red-haired Amelia.

The animation in this is so ugly, it distracted me numerous times. The faces look wack. Like... did they even try?
Jan 5, 2023 8:34 PM
Nov 2022
Absolutely Amazing the story is what im seeking lmao
Hey, myself ixluis an anime lover. 
I enjoy making friends and chatting so feel free to add me :) 
Jan 5, 2023 9:27 PM

Dec 2018
premise might have some upsides but overall this episode was ridiculously cliche and at times i felt like i was watching a let's play of a dating sim.
Jan 5, 2023 9:34 PM
Mar 2020
I really enjoyed the unique worldbuild and how magic works in this series with coding and data process. The MC is smooth and yeah that was enjoying so far how he encountered the characters . I miss my 15 - 16 year old self when watched Rakudai Kishi, Blade Dance stuffs i still love magic sword academy fantasy like animes so yeah ofcourse i enjoyed it. People might talk shit about animation but i mean isnt it already ok with the studios budget. Didn't expected to get the same vibe when i watched anime back then, Thanks 2023 really for this can't wait up for next episodes worth watching.
Jan 5, 2023 9:52 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, those were so many cliches haha. Also, some of the dialogue felt kind of stiff. That said, I had fun. I always welcome magic academy harem anime and I liked this one enough to want to see where it goes.

My two favorite parts have to be that random muscle bros moment with Evi and his bumping into Claris. Kaede Hondo really brings out her charm. Also, Elisa is pretty cute... PROTECT.

That ED... YES!
Jan 5, 2023 10:02 PM

Mar 2020
it's tragic what are you guys talking about, only reason i watch is cause i watch everything but doesn't mean it isnt awful in every single way possible. i love how the 2-3 top commentors are always so positive and formal 
Jan 5, 2023 10:27 PM
Jan 2023
instresting Mc and her back story
Jan 5, 2023 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
StateofOhayo said:
premise might have some upsides but overall this episode was ridiculously cliche and at times i felt like i was watching a let's play of a dating sim.
Dude this is exactly how I felt, I was getting trashy eroge vibes
Jan 5, 2023 10:34 PM

Oct 2017
I don't think it's fair for mc to go to school, he's clearly more capable than everyone else. He doesn't need to be there, looks more like an show off . I hope there's a reason for the plot to happen there besides just being a school story
Jan 5, 2023 11:23 PM

Feb 2015
GamingTale4 said:
looks to be very good

your standards must be extremely low if you think this was very good. The same story has been told dozens of times much better with proper animation.
Jan 5, 2023 11:35 PM
Sep 2020
I'm surprised no one made comparisons between Iceblade Ray White and NJPW's Switchblade Jay White.
Gio G. Lingad
Jan 5, 2023 11:46 PM
Jun 2020
I don't want to be so harsh with just 1 episode but this is.... trash.... not even the "hot garbage" type this is just straight up bad
Jan 5, 2023 11:52 PM
Jun 2020
gio_lingad said:
I'm surprised no one made comparisons between Iceblade Ray White and NJPW's Switchblade Jay White.

lol. I misheard it at first, thought the dude said Jay White or Bray Wyatt then its just Ray White....
Jan 6, 2023 1:50 AM
Jun 2017
will watch this one... like these kind of genre/theme
Jan 6, 2023 2:38 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao so it’s literally strongest sage weakest crest. Has the weirdest looking character designs for some characters as well. Just looks mad goofy. That said, I like ray as an MC he’s actually pretty cool. It’ll be extremely generic but still may be entertaining
Jan 6, 2023 4:38 AM

May 2015
I found it funny how the story kind of dropped us in the middle of an epic battle with cool music. Then it instantly skipped towards the MC walking in the academy. Well I'm just glad it looks good.
Jan 6, 2023 5:21 AM
Jan 2017
very very generic fantasy anime,, 
not gonna watch it,, just drop
Jan 6, 2023 5:24 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty generic op mc fantasy anime start but I like this type of anime so I'm all in for it. The girls are cute and lovely and mc seems likeable, production is okay. Looking forward to upcoming episodes.
Jan 6, 2023 5:57 AM

May 2018
oh shit. I don't think I've ever seen a first episode do the introductions, first battle, backstory and everything in one episode before. Now that is record pacing!

and yes twintails are the best UwU Itadori Yuuji really did reincarnate into the best timeline
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

77 by omorashi »»
Apr 17, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2023

66 by katakumplat »»
Mar 14, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2023

25 by Oryal »»
Feb 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

36 by ClerkOfDogma »»
Aug 28, 2023 11:50 PM

» Character(Alive vs Dead)

Radtoter - Aug 14, 2023

0 by Radtoter »»
Aug 14, 2023 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.