Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2022 4:28 AM

Jul 2017
With all the AI girls gone, Asahi can no longer whimper, and has to face Aoi/Ai head on.

The past with Asahi's childhood friend Ai Izawa's memories through Aoi, her brain tumors are so serious that she doesn't have any longer to live. Asahi going to meet her with various kinds of bananas and Loverin sitting in one corner, guess it wasn't for show. From Winter to Spring, she lived the best she ever could thanks to Asahi, but she could not tell him of her chronic conditions, with flashbacks just as quick as it comes and goes.

That is until Aoi shows him the way of the real matter, to face Ai at the other side of the door, right underneath the cherry blossom tree. Through the memories of all 5 AI girls, Asahi realized that she has always been there for him, but that he regretted after learning that she has no future due to her sickness. He kept on holding back hs feelings for her, only to realize it at this meeting to resolve with Ai with the oh-so-generic kiss...that plus with Aoi's insert song, actually feels nice.

And so it is, a future engraved where AOI is in full force thanks to Ai and Dr. Yoshino, and the guinea pig that is Asahi is back to where he once belonged: in the hands of Amelia, Mongfa, Irina and Karin, plus Aoi herself.

A tear-jerking finale this feels like one, but TBH, to have gone through so many loops just to get to this point, it's the feeling of less of a satisfaction, and more of an expected disappointment.

But if I can foretell of one thing that this show is NOT: it's not generic at all. As for this being a Flop, yeah, kinda though.
KANLen09Dec 28, 2022 8:54 AM
Dec 28, 2022 4:32 AM

Feb 2014
The anime is a mess... bunch of generic harem stuff, then suddenly turn serious which I expect something good will happen. But sci-fi stuff is quite boring, battles are cringeworthy, and sad scenes feels forced... Ending quite abrupt. Well, good that it is over...
Dec 28, 2022 8:33 AM

Feb 2021
So this show really had a happy ending...

I honestly had no idea how they were going to end this. 
But in the end they showed how AI died, and then Asahi got reunited with here one last time.

I thought that would be it, a sad but nice ending, yet in the final scene all the girls return, this time to the real world as AIs with a robot body apparently...
Dec 28, 2022 8:38 AM
Nov 2020
Well crap the thing I was hoping to NOT happen actually happened. Having all the girls somehow make it to the real world and the status quo remains the same. Now suddenly their sacrifices have lost their emotional value. This feels like how Romantic Killer ended. It would have been better if he ended up with a completely different girl that's in no way shape or form related to Ai.

The episode was still a tear jerker because Ai was terminally ill and she pushed him away because she didn't want him to feel sad. I understand why she would think it's better this way than telling him that she has a terminal illness. I somehow wished the yandere element remained with Aoi going real rogue and trying to have Asahi for herself but for something that's supposed to be high stakes with the entire system getting hacked, the lack of a final battle just feels like a letdown. When the enemies are enough to kill all the other four girls, you'd think the final boss would be a major fight.

To cap it off, I went in expecting trashy harem ecchi but I was pleasantly surprised with this series. The twist definitely makes this great but it could have ended better.
Dec 28, 2022 8:39 AM

Oct 2017
Sad backstory, Ai and Asahi deserved to be together. Anyway I was hoping they'd pull something like this at the end I'm glad they did. The girls now have bodies and they are gonna live with Asahi.

I wish this stayed just a cliche harem anime and didn't go into full cliche scifi bs but well atleast it got a harem end so thats nice ig.
Dec 28, 2022 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
The tear-jerking final was fcuking sad.
The first half of the series was quite a bit random and kind of generic romcom/harem anime. The latter episodes were getting better, then we got a dramatic tear-jerking final episode. 😭
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 28, 2022 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
Sad farewell between Asahi and AI but it would definitely been better without the return of his harem so he can move on with his life.
In the end, I like the (obvious) Asahi is in a simulation twist but dislike the random and most generic harem tropes.

Dec 28, 2022 8:55 AM

Feb 2020
Not a bad finale, but I think it could be done better.
At least these five girls are back, that's a good thing!
6.5/10 for me :)
Dec 28, 2022 8:59 AM
Aug 2021
Reapermask said:
Sad farewell between Asahi and AI but it would definitely been better without the return of his harem so he can move on with his life.
In the end, I like the (obvious) Asahi is in a simulation twist but dislike the random and most generic harem tropes.
Tbf he did move on. He went back to school, made new friends and went to college.
Dec 28, 2022 9:03 AM

Dec 2010
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.
Dec 28, 2022 9:08 AM

Dec 2021
From your typical ecchi harem show then suddenly becomes a depressing one since the beach episode with the reveal that the world Asahi in is actually a simulation and his girls are AI based on his late childhood friend who died from a brain disease. This episode is just maximum depression and gonna need a can of Asahi Super Dry for this atleast the gang is back this time on the real world because of cultured Yoshino who ended up seeing everything on Asahi.

Atleast the build up is worth it and I was late on the party where I have heard about what happened on episode 8 so I ended up catching up.
Dec 28, 2022 9:16 AM

Dec 2016
Kinda underwhelming finale for me to be honest.

The whole memories about Ai passage lasted too long for just telling us that yes, she was dying and her time with Asahi was precious. I would had prefered a shorter passage with something more substancial in those last moments rather than being beaten on the head over and over that she's dying.

Bringing back Monfa and the rest also feels cheap. It would had been great that Asahi managed to move on by himself and maybe find himself another girl and let the 5 digital girls be a nice memory of a griefing time for him. Afterall the biggest selling point for the series is that it wasn't like other harem shows, yet this last scene undoes everything that made it unique.

With a decent finale I would had easily given this one an 8.5/10 but the finale truly made me peg it down to just a 7/10
KimurahDec 28, 2022 9:21 AM
Dec 28, 2022 9:22 AM

May 2018
Didn't expect the whole gang will be brought to life again in the real world, but I must say I love how the second half of the show about Ai was good and surprised me a lot. I like this anime overall, there are fun and there are sad moments making it worthwhile.

Dec 28, 2022 9:25 AM
Nov 2020
A HAPPY ENDING!!!? WOOOOO!!!! I wasn't expecting one with something that took this sad of a turn, and I figured even if it did have a happy ending that the girls would still stay virtual. My expectations have been surpassed and I am very pleased with the direction this entire show went.
I was really not prepared for it to get super depressing and dark but it did add a decent actual plot to the entire thing, and it wasn't messed up with an even more depressing ending. I was expecting plastic memories' gut wrenching inevitable loss with the very slight reference to a happy future that really has no grounding for the viewer, but I got a welcome surprise.
I am glad he was able to meet Ai and properly say his final goodbyes and also move on, I don't know if I could have done the same in his situation. This was a good show, and I am glad I didn't drop it when it got depressing.
Dec 28, 2022 9:27 AM
Mar 2022
What an amazing episode. Had me tearing up a lot. Very, Very good ending.
Dec 28, 2022 9:32 AM
Sep 2021
Had a beautiful ending and a message, it turned out a lot better than what I expected.
I give it 7/10.
Dec 28, 2022 9:41 AM

Aug 2018
The end part felt similar to SAO
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Dec 28, 2022 9:52 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl definitely got emotional with Ai and MC’s goodbye at the end. It always hits so hard when it’s these type of love situations where they never got to respond to each other’s feelings while alive because of a death or something.

Makes me feel really empty and a sense of longing cause how do you move on knowing what could have been.. rough.

On the bright side, like I suspected they were able to pull an SAO-esque asspull and bring the girls into the real world so in that sense Ai lives on through all of them.

Show may not have been critically acclaimed but I really enjoyed it and will miss the girls.
Dec 28, 2022 10:20 AM
Nov 2019
last 3 episodes were super cool !
Dec 28, 2022 10:27 AM
May 2022
the last episode showing the backstory from AI makes me sad, different harem anime in general is good. because it has its own uniqueness
Dec 28, 2022 10:30 AM
Mar 2022
Your average harem anime with a bit of warning towards humanity
Dec 28, 2022 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
Would be much better if not the ending (specifically, that all the girls got bodies, because that backstory with Ai was great). A bit of unnecessary over-sweetening.
I still think this is one of the best fall series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 28, 2022 10:33 AM
Oct 2021
tetrix1993 said:
The anime is a mess... bunch of generic harem stuff, then suddenly turn serious which I expect something good will happen. But sci-fi stuff is quite boring, battles are cringeworthy, and sad scenes feels forced... Ending quite abrupt. Well, good that it is over...

That's means you not watch Steins;Gate yet
Dec 28, 2022 10:36 AM
Nov 2022
I lost my words. This anime is something that you can’t stay your eyes away. We want season 2.
Dec 28, 2022 10:41 AM

May 2019
My biggest fears realized. They decided to bring all the girls back just...because.

I hate that they got all serious half-way through just to throw the emotional buildup away in the last 2 minutes. At the bare minimum, if you're going to bring everyone back, at least have Ai secretly watch over Asahi from Lovelin. Since Lovelin was present the whole time he and Ai were together in the flashbacks, I actually assumed that was going to happen--not robot (?) versions of the other girls brought to reality and sent to live with him.

Overall, this had an odd start, an interesting twist, and a disappointing end. All the emotional buildup of the girls dying and Asahi accepting Ai's death is just wasted. This show could have been so much better with a few story tweaks and a second season. Could have easily been an 9+, but ended up as a slightly above average letdown.
Dec 28, 2022 10:49 AM
Mar 2022
Ok let review the whole series. At first it was a total bullshit story. The girl just fol for him with no reason at all and the development of the story was quite messy but it start to make sense. And the last episode it was master piece. I am thinking the rating will go down because of the first episodes but the last one man. Well if I tell the true I aas thinking they can just make the bodies. And that come true. No objection but it would be good to see Asahi grow by keeping the memories but still happy for the ending.

RATING : 7/10 just for the last stories.
Dec 28, 2022 10:50 AM
Aug 2021
Everything was good except for the final 2 minutes
Dec 28, 2022 10:54 AM
Jun 2020
Ai the AI got the happy ending that she needed. Everyone got their happy endings, the 5 girls(bots) as well....

this turned out quite well I would say.
it got stupid right from the start but that plot twist save this anime. glad I stayed till the end.
6/10

I knew FLOPS had a double meaning. I faqin knew it
Dec 28, 2022 11:05 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic Anime!! I love mongfu, she hot. Asymptotic stability.
Dec 28, 2022 11:06 AM

Feb 2016
Rafiikii said:
yes, it looks ruined after ai's epilogue.

imho the series has 3 strong episodes like 1st, 7th (where plot twist happens) and the last one. but the others are terribly boring. It could be a good full-length film I would rate at 9/10.
but for now it's 6/10 but because of those 3 strong eps.
Dec 28, 2022 11:19 AM
Oct 2022
because it was one more step towards my answer of knowing what a valuable life is
Dec 28, 2022 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Never expected to get this emotionally invested in Renai Flops! Beautiful episode. I enjoyed seeing those younger moments with Ai and Asahi. Nice to see a harem protagonist who's actually a really sweet and caring guy. I can understand why they all like him now.

Some really gorgeous frames in this episode:

YAY, they're all back!! It's the miracle I was hoping for. I can understand why others might not like this ending but honestly, I'm glad. I felt empty after Ai disappeared and I'm happy the girls were all restored.

It's too cute, how happy they all are to be with Asahi again. And in the real world this time!

But it wouldn't be Renai Flops if it ended without some funny moments!

I know how corny and dumb it seems but I loved this show regardless. Guilty pleasure, I guess.
Dec 28, 2022 11:45 AM
Aug 2021
the ending gave me heavy Anohana vibes
Dec 28, 2022 11:53 AM
Dec 2022
2-3 ep were good. the others were shit
Dec 28, 2022 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
I would choose to bring Ai back. 😑
Dec 28, 2022 12:07 PM

Dec 2016
KURAIKEN63 said:
And the last episode it was master piece.

How the hell is the last episode a masterpiece?
Dec 28, 2022 12:23 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
The first half of the series was almost like your typical harem/romcom anime, with each girl getting their own episode but then when the first big twist came in all matter was let loose.

Ngl was actually suprised with this anime, the twists/ sci-fi elements gave this anime a feel like it wasn't your normal type of harem anime, the backstory of Ai was nice and the ending well... Honestly i'm happy he ended up with the girls in the end (I had a feeling he would somehow end up with them when all is said and done). But all those emotional moments of their what was supposed last moments are now lost (mongfa's goodbye kiss, Irina, Karin, Amelia's sacrifice).

But This anime honestly suprised me. So I will give it credit for that.

Dec 28, 2022 12:24 PM

Feb 2018
That's gotta be one of the worst endings I've ever seen. All the dystopian aspects were justified at the end with all 5 of them getting materialized. Not only that, they couldn't keep a consistent tone for the 2nd half of the show. If the whole point was to be anti-escapist (which I guess it clearly wasn't), then the ecchi jokes would've stopped after episode 7. Not to mention Yoshino got no retribution for psychologically torturing Asahi. Man.
Dec 28, 2022 1:11 PM
Dec 2022
loved it so much that I don't have enough words to say but the ending got me real good well it's finally over with an happy ending 😇😇
Dec 28, 2022 1:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The reunion with Ai was really nice, while I haven’t been very into this last arc of the show I will admit it was pretty touching to see, especially paired with those flashbacks of when she was alive. And after that the crisis is now averted as the satellite plummets to the earth and Asahi walks out to the scientist babes buck naked lol. The true best part of this finale tho, was the harem coming back in the real world with bodies of their own. I thought for a second that wouldn’t be happening but I was pleasantly surprised and it actually makes me feel better about how things played out, it also just takes me back to when this was a lighthearted harem anime and that just made me feel warm inside lol. Too bad Aoi didn’t wanna be shipped in a box as well but her ringing the doorbell was a nice way to end the episode.

This was a pretty good show, and now that’s it’s over I can say that it definitely fell off a bit for me once the twist happened. I know for some folks this got better when the twist happened but as an enjoyer of the harem and romcom genres I think this was much better in the first half of the show. The twist was interesting and I do think the love story between Asahi and Ai was good, but after the absolute goofiness of the first half it’s kinda hard to take it that seriously, so I think I would have liked this a lot more overall if it had just stayed goofy and fun.

That being said, I did still enjoy the entire show, I really enjoyed the harem and Asahi, a lot of great moments with every girl. I think my best girl is either Karin or Mongfa, mainly for their personalities and character designs but I did also enjoy their special traits like being a magical girl and assassin lol. The OP and both EDs were really good, especially the first ED which is a shame because you don’t hear it anymore after the twist happens. I also enjoyed how each girl got their own version of it. Now I know it won’t happen, but I’d like another season with the girls in real life with Asahi in college lol, a full harem with no twists. And with that, my Fall 2022 anime season is basically over, it was a super fun season, and I really look forward to seeing what Winter 2023 has to offer.
Dec 28, 2022 1:24 PM
May 2017
Death took Ai from Asahi; ai gave back AI.

Very good anime but its ending could be better.

I do not expect a second season but it would be welcome.

Where is Aoi, Mongfa, Karin, Amelia and Irina bodies' reset button?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 28, 2022 1:49 PM

Jun 2017
Better ending than I expected, this series was all over the place but it really managed to pull itself together near the ending.

Press F for Ai, maybe she could have gotten an artifical body too if not for her burning up in the atmosphere. I had an inkling the others weren't really gone, their respective countries must have had their backups anyway.
Dec 28, 2022 2:13 PM

Jun 2021
My guy can finally move on. At least he got to give his girl a proper goodbye. You can't truly forget the ones you lose, you just have to face your future with them in your heart. I'm glad Asahi got to experience that.

So what was happening in the real world? Well the satalite crashed, but the company seemingly survived? I'm curious as to what happened. A company of that scale should not have been able to get through something as catastrophic as a massive crash of the system like that. There had to have been some repurcussions. At least that CEO guy should have been fired, he seemingly gave zero shits. As for releasing its new AOI system to the public, I wonder what the general consensus is. I wonder how willing society will be to accepting this new system, I bet there's some people who will have their doubts after what happened.

So I'm assuming this new system involves robot bodies with AI installed in them, kinda like that one Futurama episode with the robot celebrities, only not as broken. Or is that just a special gift for Asahi? Either ways the girls are back, for real this time..... Can I get one of those robot things? Why aren't we investing in this?

Well, what a genuine surprise! What began as the most paint-by-the-numbers ecchi harem comedy turned into a story about grief, loss, as well as a study on humanity's depedence on technology. We kept saying when's the twist coming, when's the twist coming, but when it finally came, it wasn't satisfying or fun, it was just really fucking sad. I wouldn't have minded if the show turned a little dark, or went Doki Doki Literature Club with it, but the way it ended was probably for the best, for Asahi's sake. At least he can live happy in the real world with this robot harem. Wish I could do that.

8 out of 10. Hard to believe this started with the main character getting fucked in the ass by a dog.
Dec 28, 2022 2:32 PM

Sep 2018
Turned into a little bit of a crybait series at the end, but the latter half of the show was no doubt, better than the former. Everything before the twist was horrible though, ruined any chance of an emotional connection I had with the characters. 4/10. 
Dec 28, 2022 2:37 PM
May 2016
That was one weird harem anime, the childhood friend is dead but he gets a robot version of her personality split into 5...kinda creepy when you think about it.  Should have hooked up with the scientist girl.
Dec 28, 2022 2:41 PM
Nov 2022
I don't know how to describe the episode, I mean, it reached a very sentimental point in which if you can empathize with Asahi, the feelings that they try to convey arrive correctly.

The end is something I expected, in fact the anime itself is quite predictable but at least it is very enjoyable, it is clear that it is a permanent beginning and end story so it is obviously not there will be a sequel, but it's not bad, as a "single" story it's VERY fine.
Dec 28, 2022 3:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course you have the farewell kiss but the happy ending where the AI all go to his home with main girl as well... what they tried well I won't blame them for going into a ecchi show to a sci-fi one but the mix is so odd that it doesn't erase the fact that most of this show was just dumb fan service, but well xD
Dec 28, 2022 3:15 PM
Oct 2013
Renai Flops was a.. a flop. Wouldn't recommend watching.
3/10 very bad
Dec 28, 2022 4:00 PM

Oct 2015
Rafiikii said:

He literally got a harem of sex dolls! WTF
Dec 28, 2022 4:28 PM
May 2020
wow. just wow. just wow
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Horn_dawg_2019 - Oct 26, 2022

29 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 13, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

114 by Lolicon »»
Feb 15, 7:59 AM

» Is the dub for the uncensored BD version?

Mystogan14579 - Dec 12, 2023

6 by OtakuSociety8 »»
Feb 10, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2022

124 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Feb 9, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2022

65 by Magicmist »»
Feb 6, 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.