Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2022 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
*SPOILER* 

My friend said, he hates Kureo Mado cuz he was so heartless, why? 
Cuz he killer that lady ghoul in front her daughter. So, my friend hated him. 

But Is this really a good reason? Kureo Mado was one A Class GhoulHunter, and he did his job. 

My friend said, "He was a monster, doesn't matter if killed a ghoul or human, child is child" He was so heartless. 

But, if you think at Mado's side, he didn't know there are good ghouls too, if you take Mado's place and don't know a thing bout ghouls whatever shit is going inside good or bad. He just did his work cuz ghouls image is really ruined there, it's like they live on human flesh, which is also true. 

Don't forget ghouls are the reason why Keneki suffered? 
How he turned into a ghoul? 

Also you can't be GhoulHunter if you aren't ruthless. You're up against Ghouls.

Mado also wants to take revenge of his wife, don't forget that

Just wanna know what you people think.

Sorry, not very good at explaining. 

Dec 27, 2022 4:16 AM

Jul 2015
Exposition.

Author basically decides who should we root for end who is supposed to be considered evil.
We as an audience watched Loli, she had a lot of screentime and as such bonded and sympathized her. Nor her or her parents were ever shown harming any human. More than that, her father was actually a doctor, who treated both humans and ghouls.
Then comes Ghoul Investigator and does Ghoul Investigator thing, killing two Ghouls.
If we would have watched the story from his POV, not knowing that ghouls he killed were actually good ghouls, there would be no ire from the audience.
We know only, that Ghouls killed his wife, so his crusade against them seems understandable.

Same reason why in Overlord Season 4 protagonist wiped out entire kingdom, most of which were innocent civilians. Women and children included. Yet we have not seen a single one being murdered on screen for a reason.
Because nobody would root for Ains if it would happen on screen.
Exposition is important.
PiromyslDec 29, 2022 3:46 PM

Dec 27, 2022 4:20 AM
Jun 2021
Softmaxx said:
*SPOILER* 

But Is this really a good reason? Kureo Mado was one A Class GhoulHunter, and he did his job. 

My friend said, "He was a monster, doesn't matter if killed a ghoul or human, child is child" He was so heartless. 

But, if you think at Mado's side, he didn't know there are good ghouls too, if you take Mado's place and don't know a thing bout ghouls whatever shit is going inside good or bad. He just did his work cuz ghouls image is really ruined there, it's like they live on human flesh, which is also true. 

It doesn’t matter that he didn’t know that not all ghouls are bad, cause we knew. So from our perspective he is a bad person, even if he was just doing his job. This is something tokyo ghoul does masterfully, in that your thoughts about situations can change with a matter of perspective. And that’s basically the main covering theme of the whole series.
Dec 27, 2022 4:21 AM
Oct 2022
I saw that notification and I knew it would be u.
Dec 27, 2022 4:31 AM
Jul 2022
In Mado's perspective, ghouls are evil. And he's a ghoul hunter though. I admit that he was kinda heartless. If he did put some thoughts like kaneki did, then he would've understand that all ghouls are not evil. Even ghouls and humens can leave in peace in the same realm.
Dec 27, 2022 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
@Piromysl @SparCy

Yea my guys, that's what I was tryin to tell them! But they don't understand and say, "You're annoying" 

Man if you hate Mado or any other character for yoir personal reason, just accept it instead of saying "Mado was evil." How? Cuz he killed those ghouls? 

Wow!!
Dec 27, 2022 4:39 AM
Jul 2022
Piromysl said:
Exposition.

Author basically decides who should we root for end who is supposed to be considered evil.
We as an audience watched Loli, she had a lot of screentime and as such bonded and sympathized her. Nor her or her parents were ever shown harming any human.
Then comes Ghoul Investigator and does Ghoul Investigator thing, killing two Ghouls.
If we would have watched the story from his POV or even his potential backstory, there would be no ire from the audience.

Same reason why in Overlord Season 4 protagonist wiped out entire kingdom, most of which were innocent civilians. Women and children included. Yet we have not seen a single one being murdered on screen.
Exposition is important.

Totally agreed with you. It's the main fact.

And also in "Attack on Titan", we're had protagonist double trouble 😆 It's becouse of that systematic exposition. Both side has their own vision of perspective, so they both thinks that they're doing the right thing to be done. And also giving the audience a hard time with all those controversies 😂
Dec 27, 2022 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
Talat_Talha said:
Piromysl said:
Exposition.

We as an audience watched Loli, she had a lot of screentime and as such bonded and sympathized her. Nor her or her parents were ever shown harming any human.
If we would have watched the story from his POV or even his potential backstory, there would be no ire from the audience.

Same reason why in Overlord Season 4 protagonist wiped out entire kingdom, most of which were innocent civilians. Women and children included. Yet we have not seen a single one being murdered on screen.
Exposition is important.

And also in "Attack on Titan", we're had protagonist double trouble 😆 It's becouse of that systematic exposition. Both side has their own vision of perspective, so they both thinks that they're doing the right thing to be done. And also giving the audience a hard time with all those controversies 😂

But I think things are more clearer in Shingeki no Kyojin, that's in storyline. 

They(my friends) just don't understand what am I talking bout? I get it now. 

Plus, I think Naruto or Let's say Kishimoto is more fair when it comes this. 
(If you have watched Naruto) 
Dec 27, 2022 5:50 AM
Sep 2021
Softmaxx said:
*SPOILER* 

Ok so it’s basically a matter of perspective. Mado lost his wife to the owl leaving him alone to take care of Akira. And he is basically a veteran inspector so not only has he seen many tragic incidents regarding humans dying by ghouls but he has also experienced one. In his eyes ghouls are nothing more than ruthless monsters that only exist to take lives and cause pain. From his perspective, ghouls are not worthy of any sympathy therefore, in his pursuit for revenge, he views all ghouls to be just as monstrous as the one that killed his wife. But this hatred is only targeted towards ghouls. Mado is a very caring father. For example in the comedy short panels (idk how these things are called) at the end of volume 9, it’s shown that Mado is taking both the role of a father and a mother and tried to raise Akira the best way he could. He’s really proud of her. So in conclusion Kureo Mados cruelty towards ghouls is fuelled by his desire to avenge his wife and protect Akira. Ironically, his thirst for revenge against these “monsters” turned him into a far more cruel and sadistic monster and it resulted in his downfall
Dec 27, 2022 6:20 AM
Jul 2022
Softmaxx said:
@Piromysl @SparCy

Yea my guys, that's what I was tryin to tell them! But they don't understand and say, "You're annoying" 

Man if you hate Mado or any other character for yoir personal reason, just accept it instead of saying "Mado was evil." How? Cuz he killed those ghouls? 

Wow!!

maybe your friends are not mature audience enough to listen to your reasons & logics (~.~)
Dec 27, 2022 6:24 AM
Jul 2022
Softmaxx said:
Talat_Talha said:

But I think things are more clearer in Shingeki no Kyojin, that's in storyline. 

They(my friends) just don't understand what am I talking bout? I get it now. 

Plus, I think Naruto or Let's say Kishimoto is more fair when it comes this. 
(If you have watched Naruto) 

Yeah, Attack on Titan's story is quite well consoled in details.
Dunno about the other 2 anime you’re talking about. Sorry, haven’t watched Narute yet. Couse I'm not used to watch big anime shows with THAT amount of episodes 🥴
I'm also newbie. I haven’t watched much anime shows.
Dec 27, 2022 6:29 AM
Jul 2022
VeryGhoul said:
Softmaxx said:
*SPOILER* 

Ok so it’s basically a matter of perspective. Mado lost his wife to the owl leaving him alone to take care of Akira. And he is basically a veteran inspector so not only has he seen many tragic incidents regarding humans dying by ghouls but he has also experienced one. In his eyes ghouls are nothing more than ruthless monsters that only exist to take lives and cause pain. From his perspective, ghouls are not worthy of any sympathy therefore, in his pursuit for revenge, he views all ghouls to be just as monstrous as the one that killed his wife. But this hatred is only targeted towards ghouls. Mado is a very caring father. For example in the comedy short panels (idk how these things are called) at the end of volume 9, it’s shown that Mado is taking both the role of a father and a mother and tried to raise Akira the best way he could. He’s really proud of her. So in conclusion Kureo Mados cruelty towards ghouls is fuelled by his desire to avenge his wife and protect Akira. Ironically, his thirst for revenge against these “monsters” turned him into a far more cruel and sadistic monster and it resulted in his downfall

You have my respect!
Man, you exactly explained the whole thing is detailed version. I didn’t had that much of patient to white all that. So, I gave a straight-forward answer in short.
Dec 27, 2022 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
Talat_Talha said:
Softmaxx said:
@Piromysl @SparCy

Wow!!

maybe your friends are not mature audience enough to listen to your reasons & logics (~.~)

Yess bruh!! They're not mature but I can't do a thing cuz they 3-4 agree on same thing and they'll give any MIND BLOWING reason and prove it. You know what I mean? 
Plus, He likes EsDeath but hate Kureo Mado lmaooo!!! 

@VeryGhoul Yes man! Respect++ to youu!! You're awesome!! 
Dec 27, 2022 9:22 AM
Apr 2022
I don’t like this guy. But I think your right in some point. Ghouls killed his wife. They are his worst enemy.
Dec 27, 2022 10:09 AM
Jul 2022
Softmaxx said:
Talat_Talha said:

Yess bruh!! They're not mature but I can't do a thing cuz they 3-4 agree on same thing and they'll give any MIND BLOWING reason and prove it. You know what I mean? 
Plus, He likes EsDeath but hate Kureo Mado lmaooo!!! 

@VeryGhoul Yes man! Respect++ to youu!! You're awesome!! 

Esdeath became sadist becouse of her past story. But peaples are giving one hard reason for loving her is that, she upheld her love toward Tatsumi (male mc of Akame ga kill) till she died. And also her death sense stole viewer heart for that "true love" fact...

Esdeath and Mado, both has a tragic background story. So, thay became sadist. But only deference between them is Esdeath's lovey-dovey facts. So, peaples are loving Esdeath regardless of the situation and hating Mado couse Mado killed that innocent mother ghoul.

Even I kinda relate to this controversy 😅
Dec 27, 2022 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
VeryGhoul said:
Softmaxx said:
*SPOILER* 

Exactly. If we would have watched the story from his POV, I'm pretty sure people would even cheer on him.
Unlike Akira, he never meet, nor even knows that there are peaceful ghouls, that exist and can be reasoned with.

Dec 27, 2022 12:54 PM
Nov 2019
Umm.. because he left a bag with body parts of her mother in a bag for her to fina. Because he wanted to kill her with her parents Kagune. Maybe he was on the side of justice but he was a psychopath.
Dec 27, 2022 6:38 PM
Jun 2020
Piromysl said:
Exposition.

If we would have watched the story from his POV, there would be no ire from the audience.
We know only, that Ghouls killed his wife, so his crusade against them is understandable.

Same reason why in Overlord Season 4 protagonist wiped out entire kingdom, most of which were innocent civilians. Women and children included. Yet we have not seen a single one being murdered on screen for a reason.
Exposition is important.

I like that you brought in overlord actually cause I know so many people that like overlord and they are like "yeah it's funny cause he's a villain but is just blundering through his job" even though he literally is a complete villain, the dude is disgusting and his followers are just as disgusting. People just don't see the wider picture past what they're shown in things. Tokyo Ghoul doesn't really have any specific good or bad people, it's like one big grey area
Dec 29, 2022 4:58 AM
Jul 2020
thats like saying I could kill the entire popuilation of a country because i've never met one who was nice
Dec 31, 2022 6:29 AM
Jul 2021
Softmaxx said:
*SPOILER* 

mado did nothing wrong from his perspective, but from ours since we're watching it from the ghouls side of things, yes he definitely in the wrong
Feb 2, 2023 3:54 AM

Dec 2021
Just read the Manga

The Anime was an Abomination where they erroneously fleshed out EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER

It's just like Blade of the Immortal (2019) and Berserk (2016) by LIDENFILMS
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.