Christmas About Me Themes: Claim them now, use them again next year

New
Dec 17, 2022 5:19 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

Get ready for Christmas with one of our new limited edition themes~
Get them before January 31st!

Big thanks our About Me Contest Winners who created the Calm Winter (@snowpumpkin) and Neon Skyline (@AlaskanMalamute) themes.

The animated theme is a MAL Supporter exclusive ✨

Already using a holiday theme that you don't want to lose?
Don't worry, you can now claim themes to use them later—even after the January 31st deadline. Going forward, all holiday themes will be claimable so that you don't lose your previous theme when switching to a new one :)

Dec 17, 2022 5:38 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I like that now we are able to pick the image shape, but it's still a hassle to move a ranking from its spot (ie rank 3 to rank 1). Hopefully that will also get updated in the future.

Also the idea of claiming time limited themes is neat, will that also apply to featured anime?

and I'm not sure when manga was added but POG! thanks~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 17, 2022 11:19 PM

Mar 2021
Claiming these holiday themes was a really nice addition
Dec 18, 2022 12:52 AM

May 2020
Perhaps a stupid question, but: If someone had already noticed and started using one of those themes for their about me section before the implementation of the claiming feature, that theme is automatically claimed, right?
I'm asking because I noticed about 10 days ago that Xmas themes were available and started using the Electric Ornaments theme (claiming wasn't a thing back then). And now that this announcement was made, when I went to the About Me Design section, that theme was of course selected and, unlike the others, wasn't greyed out with the text 'Claim theme' underneath. So would I be safe to assume that since I was already using it, this theme was automatically claimed and I indeed won't lose it after the 31st of January?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Dec 18, 2022 1:35 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
NeaRetrogamer said:
If someone had already noticed and started using one of those themes for their about me section before the implementation of the claiming feature, that theme is automatically claimed, right?
I had an old holiday theme (from Autumn) in my Modern About Me from the last time I tested something. Just now, I changed to a Christmas theme and saved. Then I refreshed the page, and the Autumn theme I was using before is still there. So, long story short, you should be good :)
Dec 18, 2022 2:48 AM

May 2020
Kineta said:
I had an old holiday theme (from Autumn) in my Modern About Me from the last time I tested something. Just now, I changed to a Christmas theme and saved. Then I refreshed the page, and the Autumn theme I was using before is still there. So, long story short, you should be good :)

That's nice to hear, thanks for answering. So it seems in addition, past themes from previous seasons (Summer, Autumn) could hypothetically be automatically claimed too this way if someone had them selected/was using them from back when they were available.
(Which reminds me, it was a pity I wasn't able to keep this summer theme I liked back in Autumn, all because I wanted to test the Autumn themes; at least now with the claiming feature this won't be a problem anymore, so it's pretty cool that this is now a thing)
Dec 18, 2022 4:07 AM
先輩

Apr 2016
I take it theme's are new ? I been waiting for a long time for more profile customization so it's very nice to see these
Dec 18, 2022 1:09 PM

Jan 2022
Finally got one for me, looking so neat!
Dec 18, 2022 8:18 PM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
Ok bro
Dec 19, 2022 12:35 PM

Jan 2021
Very nice.
Roxy

Dec 21, 2022 11:49 AM
Nov 2020
These theme are so neat, its so nice seeing them, I recently started using the desktop ver of MAL. Now I wanna interact with everyone here :)
Jun 12, 2023 2:09 PM

Jun 2021
henry2342 said:
There are numerous "About me" themes and some "List design" themes. I wonder when/if "Statistics" will ever receive some love (those colours are horrible).

MAL Supporters can change the colors of their 'Profile Status Bar'.

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by mushfik002 »»
6 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

422 by Hayukoo »»
Yesterday, 8:30 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.