Forum Settings
Forums

FIFA World Cup. Are you gonna watch it? who will win?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (52) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 11, 2010 2:57 AM

May 2009
Uhh...
England/ Germany?

last.fm|twitter|facebook (yeah right)
May 11, 2010 5:10 AM

Oct 2008
Hell_Boy said:
I
shadowsword said:
Of course, I will watch. I follow such football like Chamions League and World Cup only because I think it's more interesting.
Hmmm...Brazil have a good team but I would like England to win!
i watch champions league I want to win Bayern Munich I hate Internazinale. On the world cup I wanna england to win or France.

I agree on one thing there - I hate Inter and most of the Italian teams like Juve ugh...
Bayern has a good team I must admit but I am a Manchester United supporter :)
May 11, 2010 5:33 AM

Feb 2009
Portugal or Spain! ;D

May 11, 2010 5:55 AM

Dec 2009
Germany, Spain or Argentina are my bets. Probably the Netherlands too.
Also I seriously hope Italy doesn't pass the group satage.
May 11, 2010 6:02 AM

Dec 2008
I predicted Spain to win it a few months ago but currently I really have no idea who'll win it.

I won't cheer for anyone in particular, I'll wait for the games and then I'll see which team I identify the most with.
May 11, 2010 6:43 AM

May 2010
I believe that Spain deserves to win this World Cup, because they have never had a strong team as they do now, so if they don't win this year, it would be difficult to make another team as this one or even better ^^U
May 11, 2010 11:12 AM

May 2008
Rooting for Germany in the absence of a Canadian side; my next-door neighbour growing up briefly played semipro over there in the 1950s.

At some level, not watching the World Cup is a refusal to engage with humanity, sort of like not attending high school graduation ceremonies or tearing up the census.
May 11, 2010 1:31 PM

Apr 2009
Hell yes 8D I won't even pretend I know anything about clubs, national teams, rules and stuff, but it's sooo freaking entertaining, even for a girl like me. I usually follow the World Cup and the UEFA EFC, and I can't wait for 22 May (Champions League final). I don't even know what I like about it, but apart from my dad, I'm the only one in the family who enjoys it.
And I hope Spain grabs the title, just for the heck of it, so they can boast about being both Europe and world champions. I liked their play two years ago in the EFC (although I was all for Netherlands until their match with Russia), and I like Casillas (though he sometimes makes me go IKER WTFFFF GET BACK THERE -heart attack- when he goes too far away from the goal >.> and he does that a lot.)

EDIT: Or no, wait. I'm changing my vote to Netherlands after rewatching a few videos from their matches with Italy and France in 2008. DAYUM.
CenedessMay 11, 2010 1:38 PM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 11, 2010 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
I will watch it for sure! The winner will be either Italy or Germany xD
May 11, 2010 6:34 PM

May 2010
i will watch it.
i think the wining will be Grmany or Italy.
May 11, 2010 8:05 PM

Jul 2008
North Korea - United States final and then the loser will declare war on the winner and its WWIII LOL

OK seriously, there's only one thing certain. England, if they qualify out of the group stages, will be knocked out after a penalty shootout. lol maybe the quarters, maybe semis, heck maybe the final, but THEY WILL LOSE, in a PENALTY SHOOTOUT. LOL
May 12, 2010 5:16 AM

Nov 2008
I'm so stoked. For real. Won't call any names, but I'm sure 'we' will do great.

^ England can't be saved; they've lost they're lost without Beckham. Ehehee.

NeroFlash said:
I will watch it for sure! The winner will be either Italy or Germany xD

GERMANY, prepare to go DOWWWWN. If they don't, I swear I will scream at my tv set.

@Cenedess: I like you.
desolatoMay 12, 2010 5:26 AM
May 12, 2010 5:49 AM

Nov 2008
Yes I am. I like England but I'm not sure it'll win, so idk..
May 12, 2010 6:00 AM

Oct 2008
I think Italy doesn't have a chance of winning this year. Maybe they'll make it till the semis but that's all...
May 12, 2010 8:34 AM

Dec 2008
desolato said:

^ England can't be saved; they've lost they're lost without Beckham. Ehehee

lol... Beckham is the most overrated football player of the decade. He's nothing but an average player who's good at making crosses and scoring free kicks, not to mention he's only extremely popular due to being married to a former Spice Girl and many women finding him attractive.
May 12, 2010 9:15 AM

Jul 2008
Cowabunga said:
desolato said:

lol... Beckham is the most overrated football player of the decade. He's nothing but an average player who's good at making crosses and scoring free kicks, not to mention he's only extremely popular due to being married to a former Spice Girl and many women finding him attractive.

He may be average overall but in the places where he excels is where England needs him the most. Now if they'll insist with a Lampard-Gerrard center, at least make sure the other one in the middle isn't Gareth Barry. He may be good, but not the right player for that specific role. Carrick suits the position better, although he isn't really an upgrade over Barry anywhere else.

I'm hoping for a France or Spain victory, although that might be unlikely because of Domenech (in the case of France) or they're the legendary underachievers (in the case of Spain - although Euro 08 MAY be a sign of a change of that).
May 12, 2010 10:26 AM

May 2008
entropy13 said:
Cowabunga said:
desolato said:

He may be average overall but in the places where he excels is where England needs him the most. Now if they'll insist with a Lampard-Gerrard center, at least make sure the other one in the middle isn't Gareth Barry. He may be good, but not the right player for that specific role. Carrick suits the position better, although he isn't really an upgrade over Barry anywhere else.

I'm hoping for a France or Spain victory, although that might be unlikely because of Domenech (in the case of France) or they're the legendary underachievers (in the case of Spain - although Euro 08 MAY be a sign of a change of that).

They won't play Lampard-Gerrard center it will be Lampard-Barry center with Gerrard on the left but when England attack he with have a free role and Ashley Cole will push up on the left but when England defend Gerrard will come back on the left
May 12, 2010 10:49 AM

Apr 2009
desolato said:
GERMANY, prepare to go DOWWWWN. If they don't, I swear I will scream at my tv set.

@Cenedess: I like you.

^ I like you even more.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 12, 2010 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
Cowabunga said:
desolato said:

Hey, I wasn't talking about his image nor qualities, but last time I watched the British national team play (alright, I admit that must have been the last European championships or perhaps even the World Championships) but he was the only one who stood his ground. Rest of the team just looked like they were dilly-dallying. Sure, Arsenal and Manchester may belong to the top, but what the national team managed to achieve that year.. ouch.

Oh well, he's injured anyway and done for. May a new star rise. (Aren't we all tired of Ronaldo as well?)
desolatoMay 12, 2010 2:21 PM
May 12, 2010 2:24 PM

Sep 2008
Honduras will win. Period.

*actually, this post was made for the sole purpose of stalking Desolato-hyan~* =^.^=
May 12, 2010 3:10 PM

Nov 2008
seishi-sama said:

*actually, this post was made for the sole purpose of stalking Desolato-hyan~* =^.^=

Don't worry; I love you too.

;D
May 12, 2010 3:22 PM

Sep 2008
desolato said:
seishi-sama said:

Don't worry; I love you too.

;D

And I love Honduras. Not that much as I love you though. ;D

Now, seriously, I always had a thing for such underdog countries. Last time it was Trinidad, now it's Honduras. I'll probably support New Zealand too. But my actual favorites are......hmmm.......Switzerland (now that's unexpected, lol XD ). Tranquillo Barnetta kicks some serious ass. :)
May 12, 2010 3:22 PM

Apr 2007
I am not really in to football but i hope the netherlands will win it. But won't again :P
May 17, 2010 4:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I want Germany to win of course, I'm already in a World Cup mood. Though it's been replaced by a bit of rage as I just read the news.

On the weekend, Ballack -Germany team captain- played a game with his Chelsea team against Portsmouth and was rudely and unfairly fouled by Boateng (Portsmouth; also Ghana -group opponent of Germany in the World Cup-) and can now not take part in the WC due to injury. It was totally on purpose, just look at the scene. Dx

Now please keep potential 'serves him right cos I don't like him' comments to yourself, as football fan you know that this is not the way to play, especially not a month before the biggest football cup.

I'm sure we'll get a competent captain replacement but I still had to get if off my chest. And one thing's for sure: we're gonna mow down Ghana.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 17, 2010 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, yeah, that was uncalled for o.o
And while I HATE (hatehate) fouling on purpose, I'm still kinda glad I won't have to see him in the World Cup xP Sorry, no hard feelings, but I've always thought he was kind of a jerk (based on his behaviour during some matches I had seen). Sucks for Germany because he is a good player. And a captain, to top it off...
But yeah, I don't envy him, he must be freaking raging right now. Imagine, having to skip World Cup because some dude fouled you o.o Wow.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 17, 2010 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
aloivia said:
I'll go for Germany again this year. Last FIFA I did the same :D

Kaarosu said:
I don't watch soccer.

Football.

And why post in here if you don't?

"FIFA World Cup. Are you gonna watch it?"

Me thinks he answered the question.

Not watching it. No need for me to watch something that I find more boring than baseball.
GunbladewarriorMay 17, 2010 2:36 PM
May 17, 2010 2:57 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
True, Cenedess. But many good football players have character and I can name a few pricks too. I was pretty pissed when I read about it but I'm sure we'll get a worthy replacement and now that everyone in the team has to shoulder a bit more, it'll be a better team overall. I'm still looking forward to the matches.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 17, 2010 3:13 PM

Jul 2009
orangerevenge said:
wheres the love for the dutch?

ORANGE!