Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou.' Gets TV Anime in 2023

New
Dec 13, 2022 9:44 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
King Amusement Creative opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Inori.'s Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou.: Revolution (I'm in Love with the Villainess) light novel on Tuesday, revealing the main cast, staff, a teaser promo, and teaser visual (pictured). The anime is set to debut in 2023.

Cast
Rae Taylor: Yuu Serizawa (Tonikaku Kawaii)
Claire François: Karin Nanami (Muv-Luv Alternative)

Staff
Director: Hideaki Ooba (Koroshi Ai)
Series Composition, Script: Ayumu Hisao (Kono Oto Tomare!)
Character Design: Youko Satou (Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi)
Sound Director: Hajime Takakuwa (Kanojo, Okarishimasu)
Music: Noriyuki Asakura (Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan), Usagi to Uma (Mazica Party)
Studio: Platinum Vision

Inori. began writing the comedy fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website from January 2018 to December 2021. Aichu Publishing published the novel digitally under its GL Bunko imprint in February 2019, featuring illustrations by Hanagata, and released the fifth and final volume in August 2021. Ichijinsha began publishing a paperback version, subtitled Revolution, on its novel imprint in December 2021. The second volume was released on June 17, with the third volume scheduled for a December 16 release.

Sumio Aono began drawing a manga adaptation in Comic Yuri Hime in June 2020. Ichijinsha shipped the fourth volume on June 17, with the fifth volume set to be released on December 16.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the novel and manga on April 2020 and February 2021, respectively. The fifth and final novel volume went on sale on October 11. The third manga volume was released on September 27, with the fourth volume scheduled for a January 31 release.

Synopsis
Ordinary office worker Rei Oohashi wakes up in the body of the protagonist of her favorite otome game, Revolution. To her delight, the first person to greet her is also her favorite character, Claire Francois—the main antagonist of the story! Now, Rei is determined to romance Claire instead of the game's male leads. But how will her villainous ladylove react to this new courtship?! (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Teaser PV

Official site: https://wataoshi-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @wataoshi_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. on MAL
Hyperion_PSDec 13, 2022 11:40 AM
Dec 13, 2022 9:54 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
More villainess anime and maybe the first(?) with yuri romance. Anyway bless us more with yuri anime 2023! looking at you Vampeerz!
Dec 13, 2022 9:56 AM

Jul 2015
Yet another one of those villainess otome Isekai, but this time it goes full gay.

Dec 13, 2022 10:05 AM

Feb 2021
This is a really popular light novel that was published in English and even Portuguese, I’m surprised it hadn’t gotten an anime sooner.
Dec 13, 2022 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
Synopsis is not liying but it is quite decieving considering what the plot is actually about. And yes, it is full yuri. With social commentaries to boot.

The staff is so-so, but I am just happy it got adapted.
Dec 13, 2022 10:08 AM

May 2020
Otome game, Yuri, loud characters... that disastrous combo which shouldn't have been there.
Dec 13, 2022 10:48 AM

Apr 2014
LET'S GOOOOOOOO CLAIRE-SAMAAAAAAAAA
It's a yuri, a real yuri. Hope it will be a great adaptation.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 13, 2022 11:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Villainess stories are slowly trying to take the overused throne from Isekai ones lol
Dec 13, 2022 12:01 PM
Oct 2021
Lets go i like this manga 😁
Dec 13, 2022 12:18 PM

Feb 2021
Good. I hope that someday they adapt BL story like this one.
Dec 13, 2022 1:00 PM
Sep 2018
Not surprised as the villainous isekai genre is popular enough these days but it’s a good enough story to follow like it’s cute lads!
Dec 13, 2022 2:13 PM

Nov 2016
Gaoo!
Finally the peak isekai Yuri gets anime!

@Yuri-Crusader's this is one of the best yuri stories. Also is open and directly lesbian.
Dec 13, 2022 4:25 PM
Jul 2016
This has been on my interest stack for predicting future anime adaptations for a while. Glad to see it finally getting an adaptation! Lots of people are looking forward to this anime!

Edit: for folks complaining about why is this light novel getting an adaptation, and not some other light novel? 🤔 "I'm in Love with the Villainess" is incredibly popular and lots of fans want to see it get adapted! I'm an illiterate bastard who only read the manga, and I see its charms. The manga has been nominated for multiple user-voted awards - including AnimeJapan's annual Manga We Want to See Animated Ranking 2021 (5th place) and the Next Manga Awards ( #17/50 for 2021, and #8/50 for 2022).

According to the Japanese Wikipedia page, it placed high in Amazon's Light Novel Rankings for the 2nd and 3rd volume of its e-books. As of June 2022, it sold 200,000 copies. Both the novel and manga were nominated and ranked high for multiple awards - including the RIDI BOOKS AWARD 2020 and the Yuri manga general election. The first volume of the English-translated manga was ranked in the top 10 for two weeks in a row in June 2021 in the Bookwalker Global Store's Manga Week Rankings.

This series is selling like gangbusters and anyone with any foresight could see it getting an anime adaptation (i.e. anime studios like money, and adapting popular light novels/manga makes lots of money lmao).
erikkamirsDec 15, 2022 10:58 AM
Dec 13, 2022 5:45 PM
May 2022
*sigh* You know how politically hamfisted this nuisance was, right? I love my BL and GL stuff including everything on the rainbow arch, but this is not one of them.😑
Dec 13, 2022 7:01 PM

Sep 2016
Oh I am reading this one.

(Also villainess isekai but MC is not the villainess lol)
bruh
Dec 13, 2022 7:21 PM

Jul 2022
Your average yuri fan who's jerking off to Bocchi the Rock right now wouldn't like this. It's very political.
Dec 13, 2022 7:38 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh dear, yuri? No thanks

Another anime to avoid at all costs :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 13, 2022 10:13 PM

Nov 2016
Rinrinka said:
Oh dear, yuri? No thanks

what is your problem with the yuri?
Dec 14, 2022 4:05 AM
Feb 2014
Rinrinka said:
Oh dear, yuri? No thanks

Exactly, i agree! I thought it was gonna be an actual otome light novel adaptation but instead it's Yuri.... -__-

At least the other light novel adaptation announced actually looks like it's gonna be a decent romance! :)
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Dec 14, 2022 5:30 AM

Jul 2015
not sure if this going to work for me , i love Yuri but hate tsunderes
i'll give it 2-3 episodes to see if i can root for the main couple
Dec 14, 2022 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
The era of villainess animes but welp it's yuri this time.
Dec 14, 2022 12:56 PM

Apr 2012
I am surprised by two things. First of all, it's strange that it got an adaptation later than the clones. Second, I'm wondering how many people would be willing to put up with the woke nature of this for the sake of yuri.

Frostwork said:
Another silly yuri. I wouldn't mind a good one at all but they adapt nothing but nonsense and school life all the time. Come on, people. Make a "Collectors" adaptation or something just for a change of pace. Sure it's probably not gonna make you a ton of money (or maybe it will, you never know) but once in a blue moon won't hurt.

This LN is not just yuri, it's lesbian fiction in the full "Western" sense of it, if you know what I mean. But anyway, even in Japan, yuri is a very niche genre. Studios don't adapt it just for "easy money".

MegamiRem said:
The era of villainess animes but welp it's yuri this time.

tragedydesu said:
not sure if this going to work for me , i love Yuri but hate tsunderes
i'll give it 2-3 episodes to see if i can root for the main couple
Rinrinka said:
Oh dear, yuri? No thanks

It's not so much yuri as lesbian power fantasy.

Say-My-Name said:
Your average yuri fan who's jerking off to Bocchi the Rock right now wouldn't like this. It's very political.

I don't know why you specifically mentioned Bocchi as "average yuri", but I'll be funny to see the reaction of weabu yuri fans when they see that this is "very twitter" work.

Antagonized said:
More villainess anime and maybe the first(?) with yuri romance. Anyway bless us more with yuri anime 2023! looking at you Vampeerz!

Your comment makes Bakarina cry.
Dec 14, 2022 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
Frostwork said:
Another silly yuri. I wouldn't mind a good one at all but they adapt nothing but nonsense and school life all the time. Come on, people. Make a "Collectors" adaptation or something just for a change of pace. Sure it's probably not gonna make you a ton of money (or maybe it will, you never know) but once in a blue moon won't hurt.

RobertBobert said:
This LN is not just yuri
I said nothing about LN. I'm speaking about anime and it looks like your average silly yuri so far.
RobertBobert said:
Studios don't adapt it just for "easy money".
Yes, they adapt it because it will make profit.

I don't think that an adaptation of LN that clearly stands out from other works in the genre can be called "another silly yuri adaptation". In any case, even if we turn a blind eye to the yuri trend, this work has long been on the list of the most anticipated adaptations according to fans.

Frostwork said:

RobertBobert said:
This LN is not just yuri
I said nothing about LN. I'm speaking about anime and it looks like your average silly yuri so far.
RobertBobert said:
Studios don't adapt it just for "easy money".
Yes, they adapt it because it will make profit.

@RobertBobert Can't you read at all? I'm NOT talking about THE LN - I'm talking about what I see. You clearly have some issues with your cognitive process. So I guess there's no much point in bothering with replying to you.

Whoa, whoa, man, take it easy. You don't have to be so salty, especially when you're the first one to spout some nonsense, pretending that LN and its adaptation are different things. Not to mention, judging by a trailer about a work you don't know anything about is a stupid idea in advance. And stop adding replies to other people's comments to your old post. This breaks the thread.
RobertBobertDec 14, 2022 3:01 PM
Dec 14, 2022 3:18 PM
( °◡°)/
Oct 2021
Bruh; imagine the MAL app giving notifications about all of the run-of-the-mill anime adaptation announcements and then not giving me a notification about this (which I would actually watch) 💀

I'm glad it's finally getting an adaptation; here's hoping it's as good as the LN, though I'm still yet to read it (not much yuri anime out there, so I celebrate them when they get announced).
JB-94Dec 14, 2022 3:21 PM
Dec 14, 2022 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
JB-94 said:
Bruh; imagine the MAL app giving notifications about all of the run-of-the-mill anime adaptation announcements and then not giving me a notification about this (which I would actually watch) 💀

I'm glad it's finally getting an adaptation; here's hoping it's as good as the LN, though I'm still yet to read it (not much yuri anime out there, so I celebrate them when they get announced).

Shows like this come out more often than you think. It's just that not all of them have an official tag, either due to a lack of such promotion or having only a platonic yuri.
Dec 15, 2022 8:45 AM

Jul 2020
MC is a lesbian that gets isekai'd to the world of an otome game where she forces her love on another girl until she turns her lesbian. Yeah, right, sounds sooo romantic....urgh. Hard pass for me.

Between this and Yuri is my Job it seems like Japan is choosing some of the worst yuri works to adapt to anime. One has a creepy MC (this one) and the other is an overly melodramatic work (Watayuri). Yeah yeah, I know these are popular and all but I wish they'd give some attention to other stuff, specially more mature stories. Not every yuri fan is a teenager for fuck sake.
JustAnAnimeListDec 15, 2022 10:59 AM
Dec 21, 2022 12:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This might be great, since I love the source material, and the video looked fine, but the art of that cover picture looks soo bad, also not much faith in this studios so low expectations.
Dec 21, 2022 2:33 AM
Dec 2022
Another ridiculous yuri. I wouldn't mind a good one at all, but they always adapt to nonsense and school life. People, come on. Make a "Collectors" adaptation or something just for fun. Sure, it's unlikely to make you a fortune (though you never know), but it can't hurt to try once in a while.
Feb 4, 2023 9:15 AM
Feb 2020
This LN finally has an anime adaptation and I'm so happy also for anyone who hasn't read the LN or manga of this if you are expecting a "silly" and slice of life anime with the villainess title just for the trend you are wrong. This anime will not as cheerful and happy as Bakarina, it's not just a simple yuri story this anime will contain some sort of political and will heavily focus on LGBT. 
Feb 9, 2023 4:39 AM
Dec 2022
Another ridiculous yuri. I wouldn't mind a good one at all, but they always adapt to nonsense and school life. People, come on. Make a "Collectors" adaptation or something just for fun. Sure, it's unlikely to make you a fortune (though you never know), but it can't hurt to try once in a while.

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.