New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2023 10:53 PM

May 2015
Not even top 5.
This anime was such a disappointment.
Jan 30, 2023 4:40 AM
Aug 2022
This anime was an absolute torture. Worse anime of the year. I felt like it was so overhyped and after watching 3 episodes I was already done. I only finished it because I watched it with friends and every episode made me dislike it even more. And what was that ending.. LOL.
Jan 30, 2023 6:06 AM

Dec 2020
LILFawkes said:
Jaiimy said:
No, I thought it was so bad. Easily one of the most overrated anime this year.

Cringe take. How can a show noone watched because it did not get promoted and is locked behind disney+ be overrated. If a show has this little viewers, but a rating this high that is the biggest green flag you can find.

Just because it doesn't get promoted doesn't mean it's not popular. The rating says absolutely nothing. Looking at it objectively the writing is shit. The looping mechanic is so dull and doesn't make any sense. It only works whenever the story sees fit. And the characters are as bland as a piece of cardboard. The villain was also really one-dimensional. Not to mention the excessive amount of unnecessary fanservice. All things considered it's just a poorly written time travel show.
Jan 30, 2023 12:17 PM
Feb 2013
Tanslay said:
my contenders for AOTY are
AOT,  Bleach, Csm, Summertime render and world end harem
Shuumatsu no harem for aoty? Rlly?

Summertime Rendering was pretty good for the first half but then it turned into a battle shounen, ep 25 redeemed it a little bit. If there wasn't any battle shounen parts it would be top 5 of the year but not really AoTY when Cyberpunk, Bocchi, Kaguya-sama, CSM exits, also Rikoriko and Gundam but I didn't watch those to have an opinion (people were hyping it tho)
Feb 2, 2023 7:57 PM
Dec 2019
[quote=Jaiimy message=68497147]
LILFawkes said:
Jaiimy said:
No, I thought it was so bad. Easily one of the most overrated anime this year.

Cringe take. How can a show noone watched because it did not get promoted and is locked behind disney+ be overrated. If a show has this little viewers, but a rating this high that is the biggest green flag you can find.

Just because it doesn't get promoted doesn't mean it's not popular. The rating says absolutely nothing. Looking at it objectively the writing is shit. The looping mechanic is so dull and doesn't make any sense. It only works whenever the story sees fit. And the characters are as bland as a piece of cardboard. The villain was also really on
Jaiimy said:
LILFawkes said:

Just because it doesn't get promoted doesn't mean it's not popular. The rating says absolutely nothing. Looking at it objectively the writing is shit. The looping mechanic is so dull and doesn't make any sense. It only works whenever the story sees fit. And the characters are as bland as a piece of cardboard. The villain was also really one-dimensional. Not to mention the excessive amount of unnecessary fanservice. All things considered it's just a poorly written time travel show.

What do you mean "it only works when it is supposed to. If you have concrete examples I am sure we might agree on some points. I think compared to other shows the fanservice is not really a big deal in this show. Compare it to masterpieces like Code Geass, they use 10 times the fanservice scene. The only fanservice that bothered me a little bit was like the very first episode where he falls into the boobs and sees mios panties. I guess these scenes got used to later show us the "oh we saw this before" moment but that could have been done differently of course. Generally i really think the writing was well done.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» [Spoilers] So how did Ushio get... ?

SabreDrago - Sep 23, 2022

25 by Cyrose »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

339 by Humaneky »»
Apr 20, 7:29 AM

» Ushiro and Shinpei

janayoo - Apr 5

10 by aniart_nation »»
Apr 10, 5:43 PM

» One of The Best Anime I've seen in along time ( 1 2 )

Californiaa - Sep 16, 2023

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 2, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

121 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 17, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.