Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2022 11:22 AM

Aug 2014
And that was it. A really short-lived period where Unohana was actually an interesting character.
At least she got her moment.

Looking forward to the rest and I guess reading the manga made this not as hype as it should have been.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 12, 2022 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Ventus_S said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
Unohana, the master healer who sat in her room as everyone died, finally dies herself. Thank the heavens, one of the worst characters in Bleach is finally gone. And her dying gave Kenpachi a power up, talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
There's plenty of asspulls and plot convenience in Bleach.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

You clearly dont get why she doesn't go out to fight
Do you ask a War doctor in battle field to go on battle field to combat?
They need to keep her hidden/ safe so she can heal the wounded later.
The 1st captain ORDERED her to never charge out to combat.
> Unohana, a master healer who was previously Kenpachi, doesn't go out on the battlefield to either heal or fight.
> Orihime, a human master healer with big tits and no other notable skill, goes out on the battlefield constantly to both heal and fight.

It's also hard to heal anyone later when they're dead.
KneelBeforeMeDec 12, 2022 11:34 AM
Dec 12, 2022 11:31 AM
Feb 2021
To think that Zaraki was stronger than the first kempachi while he was only a child and she was a captain is wild.
Dec 12, 2022 11:33 AM

Nov 2021
This is one of the greatest adaptations of all time. I'm speechless. Unohana's Bankai was so perfect, I got chills..
Dec 12, 2022 11:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The insight into how bloodthirsty Unohana was back then really was insightful. As was the manner of how she met Kenpachi. But the revelation that he had been unconsciously suppressing his true power was a surprise. Still the fight between the two of them really is entertaining in that while it had excellent action it also combined well with character expansion for the two. The final fight between the two of them really was tragic beyond measure. Hmm so in a way the Asauchi are baby zanpakuto's huh. But the thought that the soul reapers and the Asauchi train and bond with each other and become actual partners as they both gain in power was a interesting piece of lore. In curious though at what Ichigo would find as he rediscovers his roots though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2022 11:46 AM
Jan 2022
Honestly as much as I want to praise the animation in this episode, which I do (especially the way they handled Unohana's Bankai), I just want to praise Fumihiko Tachiki and Aya Hisakawa who really killed it this episode vocally as much as their characters were in trying to literally kill each other. Hisakawa in particular jut did such an amazing job in Unohana's final episode, and I'm glad she got to go out on a high note for herself and her character.
Dec 12, 2022 11:48 AM

Aug 2019
Quite the contrast going from the Unohana vs Kenpachi fight into Nimaiya's paradise

Dec 12, 2022 11:49 AM
Dec 2020
fight was too quick and random, anticlimatic. the second half was impossible to watch and focus on after what happened in the first half. kinda confused about the direction
Dec 12, 2022 11:55 AM
Aug 2017
Early_Morning said:
Episode was mediocre. They didn't even expand the fight much nor explain what Unohana's bankai could do. The entire thing was rushed and sure it was like that in the manga as well but at least the anime should've given more context, especially since before the series premiered we were told that some parts of the story would receive additional scenes ffs...

Also this was the worst instance of a post-credits scene ever. Why do they keep doing that, do they not realize that many viewers stop watching the episodes once the ending credits roll?

They don't care about the western audience lol, the japanese audience doesn't have this problem. Honestly, I didn't either. When the ending song started playing I checked how much was left from the episode wans given it came at minute 19, it was obvious that there was more to show.
Dec 12, 2022 11:58 AM
Dec 2020
Awesome story telling
Dec 12, 2022 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Early_Morning said:
Episode was mediocre. They didn't even expand the fight much nor explain what Unohana's bankai could do. The entire thing was rushed and sure it was like that in the manga as well but at least the anime should've given more context, especially since before the series premiered we were told that some parts of the story would receive additional scenes ffs...

Also this was the worst instance of a post-credits scene ever. Why do they keep doing that, do they not realize that many viewers stop watching the episodes once the ending credits roll?

I don't know about you...but they do post credit since ep 1 of tybw...every watcher is used to it....and also they added many new scene from the manga....they need to cover a lot with additional scenes....and no way it was mediocre...though it was still fast paced...
Dec 12, 2022 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Machovskyzavin said:
fight was too quick and random, anticlimatic. the second half was impossible to watch and focus on after what happened in the first half. kinda confused about the direction

I think from the manga reader perspective...they have killed it...
Dec 12, 2022 12:08 PM

Apr 2015
ichigo lost vs kenpachi since his mask saved him, he can't get up without yoruichi treating him+ kenpachi never used 2 hands
Dec 12, 2022 12:14 PM
Apr 2020
I loved unohna I love you
Dec 12, 2022 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
RIP mommy Unohana

Finally we got the "I AM NUMBER ONE ZANPAKUTO CREATOR!", I LOVE Oetsu!

"Everything but the rain" is coming next!!! OMG! It's one of my most anticipated arcs!

Ary125tues said:
Machovskyzavin said:

In the manga, the Oetsu introduction and the fight against the Asauchi happen before the Kenny vs Unohana fight, and after that we have Oetsu sending Ichigo home. I don't know why they changed it in the anime, I think it would have worked better releasing it in the original order (ep 9: Oetsu introduction and start of the fight, ep 10: Kenny vs Unohana, end credits, and post credits scene as it was).
Dec 12, 2022 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
HikariShoumeiron said:
RIP mommy Unohana

Finally we got the "I AM NUMBER ONE ZANPAKUTO CREATOR!", I LOVE Oetsu!

"Everything but the rain" is coming next!!! OMG! It's one of my most anticipated arcs!

Ary125tues said:

In the manga, the Oetsu introduction and the fight against the Asauchi happen before the Kenny vs Unohana fight, and after that we have Oetsu sending Ichigo home. I don't know why they changed it in the anime, I think it would have worked better releasing it in the original order (ep 9: Oetsu introduction and start of the fight, ep 10: Kenny vs Unohana, end credits, and post credits scene as it was).

I think they wanted to have impact on audience with the kenpachi fight...and don't want the sad impact to change to no one zanpakto creator....so first they ended the fight...had their impact and then moved on ...other wise some people may have been invested in asuachi more....
Dec 12, 2022 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
What a conclusion to that fight, with Kenpachi unlocking his true potential thanks to Unohana's sacrifice. It was cool to see her Bankai and the anime made it look menacing as hell. The backstory was great too.

More training for Ichigo and Renji but things aren't looking too good for Ichigo right now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 12, 2022 1:02 PM
Dec 2021
This fight was lit, everything i expected since Yhwach vs Old Man Yama was accomplished. I know the animation is nowhere close but the aesthetic and the backgrounds made the fight really enjoyable (I've already read the manga), ichigo being rejected was definitely a good writing point of Kubo, ready for next episode.
Dec 12, 2022 1:03 PM
Jun 2022
I love how unohana healed and killed zaraki again and again 😭💀👍
Dec 12, 2022 1:07 PM

Sep 2015
Unohana and her bankai were cool, but I'm not sure I understand what it does (instant regeneration maybe?). No visible tear from Kenpachi?

Nishimaiya was a pleasure to have on the screen, I found him to be rather funny. The way he pronounced "creator" was impressive lol, was expecting something like "kurieetaa".
can dis sig fit
Dec 12, 2022 1:08 PM

Jul 2010
My honest opinion: this fight would be better if they dedicated entire episode to it. With no cuts, no shit. Take half the previous one, and take this one, extend it- and you will get the masterpiece. Meanwhile we got amazing fight... and then focus instantly shifts to Renji and Ichigo. Think of Yamamoto's death, there wouldn't be so much hype if the fight was split into parts and immediately after we were shown some other scene for 10 more minutes.
Dec 12, 2022 1:16 PM

Dec 2019
Ab_271004 said:
animation was good but choreography was lacking
8/10
🥲

We're talking about two born killers who always overpowered their opponents, and in Zaraki's case he barely tries to block most of the time.

Why would there be a choreography when 2 brutes are fighting?
Dec 12, 2022 1:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Zaraki and Unohana, Unohana's defeated happened so... well that was definitely epic, now the 2nd part it was a weird transition but still it turns out Ichigo has to train more by going back at home I wonder it will turn out
Dec 12, 2022 1:35 PM
Mar 2015
Zaraki becomes Kenpachi by killing Unohana. Now the bois have to fight with nameless Zanpaktou to have their swords fixed
Dec 12, 2022 1:37 PM
Mar 2021
i do not think there has been a bad episode so far
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Oct 2017
KneelBeforeMe said:
Ventus_S said:

You clearly dont get why she doesn't go out to fight
Do you ask a War doctor in battle field to go on battle field to combat?
They need to keep her hidden/ safe so she can heal the wounded later.
The 1st captain ORDERED her to never charge out to combat.
> Unohana, a master healer who was previously Kenpachi, doesn't go out on the battlefield to either heal or fight.
> Orihime, a human master healer with big tits and no other notable skill, goes out on the battlefield constantly to both heal and fight.

It's also hard to heal anyone later when they're dead.

And then Orihime ends up getting captured all the time lolz
She's just a dumb nice girl who just doesnt concern about her wellbeing, not a soldier or doctor who need to make sure they're alive to save people .

Like I said 1st captain ORDERED Unohana to nvr charge out to combat cuz she's like the last insurance backup of soul society.
They do not know the full capability/ strength / perks of the enemies yet so is rational for them to not risk their best healer in frontline.
Unohaha trusted First captain's judgement cuz she believes he can win. She never have expected first captain to be defeated, nor is everyone else .
Dec 12, 2022 1:48 PM

Jun 2013
I think this was a good episode, but I actually don't think it was as good as it could have been.
It's my own fault for getting caught up in the hype for this fight. Don't get me wrong, it was a good fight, but I was expecting them to add a bit more to it. For example, the details of Minazuki are still pretty unclear.
Still a good episode but it could, and should, have been so much more.

I'm incredibly excited to see Everything But the Rain from next week, as well as the community reaction to what is to come.
Dec 12, 2022 2:03 PM

Jan 2022
Yuuup, what ichigo needs is to know who he really is, i feel your identity ichigo is too ambiguous. Cool episode for this week, i hope next episode explain exactly who ichigo really is.
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Dec 12, 2022 2:06 PM
Mar 2011
It was such an interesting episode. It's a rather relatable situation that things happen and we don't understand the meaning and the reason behind it. This episode had a rather smooth and peaceful vibe.
Dec 12, 2022 2:11 PM

May 2012
SpaceCowboyFin said:
I think this was a good episode, but I actually don't think it was as good as it could have been.
It's my own fault for getting caught up in the hype for this fight. Don't get me wrong, it was a good fight, but I was expecting them to add a bit more to it. For example, the details of Minazuki are still pretty unclear.
Still a good episode but it could, and should, have been so much more.

I'm incredibly excited to see Everything But the Rain from next week, as well as the community reaction to what is to come.

Please stop asking info dumps for Bleach as that would ruin the series. There's beauty and poetry in subtext and we do not need to be told exactly what something as conceptual as a zanpakuto power should do as those are based on the very soul of the user.
Dec 12, 2022 2:18 PM
Aug 2021
very cool! i like it
Dec 12, 2022 2:20 PM
Oct 2022
a wonderrful fight that was amazing
Dec 12, 2022 2:35 PM

Dec 2012
So Unohana's been killing and healing Zaraki that's why he's experiencing blackouts
There's an after credits scene
GosuDRMDec 12, 2022 2:45 PM

Dec 12, 2022 2:42 PM

May 2018
rip Unohana T_T on the other hand, rip Ichigo in a completely different way lol. I guess he's going to learn about his mom and maybe something more about his dad
Dec 12, 2022 2:58 PM

Apr 2016
I really love how they did the Kenpachi vs Unohana fight. I'm still sad that Unohana had to die here, she was always the best Bleach waifu imo and just when we found out she was even more badass than we thought she dies. Its a shame but its how it has to be.
Dec 12, 2022 3:04 PM

Aug 2019
Ary125tues said:
Early_Morning said:

I don't know about you...but they do post credit since ep 1 of tybw...every watcher is used to it....and also they added many new scene from the manga....they need to cover a lot with additional scenes....and no way it was mediocre...though it was still fast paced...

I'm basing the post-credit remark on what I've witnessed myself; I watch multiple reaction mashups of the episodes every week, and every week there's at least a dozen people who skip the post-credit scenes accidentally because they don't realize that they exist. This episode was the worst instance so far imo because the post-credit scene was actually really important and longer than the others.

And I'm not denying that the anime has added a few scenes, just not ones that are actually useful. The Uryu scenes only add extra foreshadowing for something that manga readers already know will happen and even anime-only viewers are unlikely to get much benefit from the extra Uryu scenes in the long run. Some fights have had a couple seconds of material added in, but again so far they've been minor scenes. This fight which was one of the most anticipated of the series really should've been expanded imo, by at least adding some dialogue explaining Unohana's bankai so that people don't have to research it themselves.
Dec 12, 2022 3:31 PM
Jan 2022
BANKAI MINAZUKI!!!!!!!!!
Dec 12, 2022 3:40 PM

Jun 2017
The animation was amazing as always, but I expected more from the fight and Unohana's character, idk... If she's really dead, I'm sorry, but I think Kubo wasted her character.
Dec 12, 2022 3:49 PM

Feb 2014
Even though I knew it was coming for years thanks to spoilers. It still hurts
That's the problem with eternal damnation, you get used to it after a while
Dec 12, 2022 3:49 PM
Jun 2022
insane . the bankai of unohana and the fight was just insane , but im angry i dont want unohana died ... anyway i'll wait the next ep , i want to know wht Ichigo will do .
Dec 12, 2022 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
IDani35 said:
The animation was amazing as always, but I expected more from the fight and Unohana's character, idk... If she's really dead, I'm sorry, but I think Kubo wasted her character.

This is something good but also bad about Bleach. Kubo is really good at creating amazing designs and characters. The problem is there is so many of them that a lot of them don't get the screentime to shine or even get to show their powers

I would have loved to see her more. But at least we got to see her use her powers and she got an emotional death that kinda made sense as a Kenpachi.
Furyo_enjoyerDec 12, 2022 5:50 PM
Dec 12, 2022 3:52 PM
May 2020
THAT WAS SO GOOODDDDDDD OMGGGGG
Dec 12, 2022 3:52 PM
Nov 2019
So Ichigo was sent back home without Zangetsu, I imagine he'll ask his Dad about his Mom being a Quincy and that'll be the key.

Meanwhile Orihime, Chad, and Urahara are just chilling in Hueco Mundo.

Dec 12, 2022 3:55 PM
Jan 2020
É agora que começa o choro
Dec 12, 2022 3:57 PM
Aug 2022
Furyo_enjoyer said:
I wonder what do people here think Unohana bankai does ?
They definitely extended it compared to the manga. But I still don't get if it's for healing or melting

It literally melts you to ashes in a painful way, but her healing is faster so she can regenerate Zaraki and melt him again and again.
Dec 12, 2022 4:01 PM
Aug 2022
DoubleR said:
I kind of liked Unohana even before they revealed her nature. Sad she is gone. So she has 2 Bankais, or was the other one a fake? that green pillow creature if I remember correctly.
Her new Bankai is like a Dark Souls weapon, was pretty sick to look at.
And once again Ichigo goes through training and will get some sick abilities later, it's pretty predictable.

that green pillow creature is her shikai, having the same name but different pronunciation
Dec 12, 2022 4:01 PM
May 2020
mommy unohana is gone for good:(
Dec 12, 2022 4:03 PM
Aug 2022
Zaraki's wide af mouth looked a bit weird, but the rest was 🔥🔥🔥
Dec 12, 2022 4:16 PM
Jun 2013
They didn't do the best job with Unohana vs Kenpachi, they shouldn't have half of the fight happens in the last episode and the second in this one, it felt like it was rushed, too fast, it should have been a entire episode for these 2, it would have been perfect, also, the constant change of tone from super serious to super silly doesn't work that well sometimes, i remember this was a criticism point at the time, about the Squad 0 being too much of a clown and the anime is for sure making me remember it kkk.
Dec 12, 2022 4:20 PM

Jun 2013
My excitement was through the roof watching the first half. Unohana’s bankai is sick af. I felt that they should’ve expanded the fight more because it was a bit short but nevertheless the animation was perfect. Still sad that Unohana had to die since she’s a great character but I’m glad that they gave us a glimpse of her past at least. I could see that despite being a cold-blooded killer, the past hundred years did change Unohana that also includes Yamaji. She definitely didn’t appear as cold on her fight with Zaraki but more like threatening in a teacher kind of way, the emotion she showed through her eyes was a nice touch. Also, the transition on the second half was weird lol. Can’t wait to see Isshin’s appearance and the revelation.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1852 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 14, 2022

694 by Listone »»
Mar 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

579 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

147 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.