Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 13, 2022 9:19 AM

Aug 2012
Zumthorrific said:
Shidoteki said:

What do you mean come to check on him?
He wouldve realized he died cuz he felt it, then he would be able to see everyones souls and then he wouldve given Bon a body.
Without taking away his name and making him a king.
Seems like good story and good development to me.
Nobody wouldve needed to sacrifice anything and the death wouldnt have been forced at all.
In fact I felt him living was incredibly forced and that entire episode after was awful.
In terms of animation and story.

Now theyre just delaying the inevitable and the pacing is shit again so no clue why you think this is a good turn of events.

Again, you're seriously telling me that Fushi never coming back and just leaving his friend Bon to his fate is a good thing? Please explain to me why exactly because it's bewildering that you think it's good storytelling to have Fushi lose another friend to a preventable death, something his other dead friends weren't fortunate to have.

"Yeah, it's good development to sacrifice Bon's life which Fushi could've prevented but didn't because of plot-induced stupidity. Don't worry coz he'll just revive him anyway."

Out of all the character deaths we've had so far, Bon's demise was the only one presented to us that Fushi can stop from happening.

1) March died by a fatal arrow shot;
2) Parona was killed by Hayase without Fushi knowing;
3) Gugu was crushed by rubble;
4) Pioran died of old age;
5) Tonari was fatally wounded by a Nokker while Fushi was poisoned to sleep.

And yet Bon, the first character that Fushi can save from dying, will die due to PIS and you call it good storytelling.

You saying "it was the only one he couldve prevented" is very silly
He couldve prevented the Gugu one as well and it was incredibly forced.
Many of them he couldve prevented but just wasnt there at the best moment to do so.

It doesnt matter if Bon dies or not in terms of Fushi saving him, what matters is that the plot progression has become much worse since he didnt die.

This episode was easily the worst one so far in both seasons and the impact wasnt there at all.
My point isnt that he shouldve died, my point is that the anime wouldve been much better with the impact of him dying SINCE its been lacking a lot of impact and emotion even though its a very dramatic anime.
And now even the pacing is bad too.

I think it wouldve been nice if Fushi couldve been alone with his thoughts and finally realize the truth when hed get Bons body so we could finally leave this terrible arc, rather than continue with this crappy and shallow church stuff.
He wouldnt have become a worse character with Bon dying, since he still wouldve found out the truth from the Nokkers.
Dec 13, 2022 10:28 AM
Jun 2019
reveals were great
Dec 13, 2022 10:43 AM

Oct 2018
Wha... wha- hold on, if Fushi put everyone to sleep, how did the rope to the guillotine get cut? Did an executioner drop his axe and then lose consciousness before he could see Fushi grab the blade? And not a single soul suspected a thing?
Dec 13, 2022 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
I'm crying! Bon went from being Tastypeach to Springroll. Oh the humanity! I love Bon. I'm so happy that wasn't the end of him.

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the smile on Fushi's face when he was thanked for saving Bon. It's like he thought he finally saved a friend and turned a corner. I don't believe he'll be scared of making friends any longer.

I dunno. I think I might be a villain (anti hero at best) because I wouldn't lift a finger, paw, or wing to help The Church of Bennett.
dragynfaerieDec 13, 2022 12:30 PM
Dec 13, 2022 11:43 PM
Jul 2019
MY BOI BON GOT A HAPPY ENDING THANK GOD!!!
Dec 14, 2022 9:27 AM

May 2015
WTF just did Fushi ?!!
Dec 14, 2022 10:55 AM
Jan 2021
lets goo! Bon is still alive!

looks like next episode is gonna be a good one.
Dec 14, 2022 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
What? An arc concluded but none of its characters died? What kind of Fumetsu no Anata e is this? Though technically speaking, Bonchien Nikolai La Tastypeach Uralys actually DID die... :S

Fucking Prince Spring Roll tho. Just tell Fushi he can actually bring his dead friends back to life ffs. I mean, the boy saved your fucking life! Come on.

And damn, Fushi sure becomes super girly in Lynn's form, huh?
Dec 16, 2022 5:47 AM

May 2021
Well, that certainly reduced the impact of the previous episode but if I remember correctly, a first for this anime.

Dec 17, 2022 10:06 AM

Oct 2008
OMGEE! i knew Fushi would save Bon! and even the fat girl (turned into a thin proper chick!) and the bald kid that's very good news! it's like Bon now has a special family!!
looks like Nokkers chose a very difficult battlefield place! lots of casualties for sure! but Fushi is on the way!!!
5/5

Dec 17, 2022 5:05 PM
Mar 2019
I thought for once we were getting a happy end to an Arc, but.....
Dec 18, 2022 2:15 AM
Oct 2019
wow what a plot twist!!

welcome Spring Roll lol.
i was so confused for a second didn't realized that girl Iris was Todo. damn she lost so much weight from that?

Nokker reveal and they believe they doing noble shit.
Dec 19, 2022 1:10 AM
Jan 2022
Shidoteki said:
You saying "it was the only one he couldve prevented" is very silly
He couldve prevented the Gugu one as well and it was incredibly forced.

I don't even think you actually understand what you're watching at all. What? What was happening to Fushi when he felt Gugu's pain, around the moment the latter was close to dying? Fushi was being thrown like a ragdoll by the stone bear Nokker, that's what. He couldn't do anything. Besides, Gugu was already beyond saving at that point. Even if Fushi managed to get him out, he wouldn't survive as he was already fatally injured by the crushing rubble. That was the entire point of that emotional scene between Gugu and Rean under the rubble.

Shidoteki said:
Many of them he couldve prevented but just wasnt there at the best moment to do so.

LOL. So YOU do get MY POINT exactly. So why are you arguing against the fact that I previously mentioned that out of all the deaths in the series, Bon's was the only one that was preventable (or most preventable just to satisfy your bad argumentation)?

Shidoteki said:
It doesnt matter if Bon dies or not in terms of Fushi saving him, what matters is that the plot progression has become much worse since he didnt die.

This episode was easily the worst one so far in both seasons and the impact wasnt there at all.
My point isnt that he shouldve died, my point is that the anime wouldve been much better with the impact of him dying SINCE its been lacking a lot of impact and emotion even though its a very dramatic anime.
And now even the pacing is bad too.

I think it wouldve been nice if Fushi couldve been alone with his thoughts and finally realize the truth when hed get Bons body so we could finally leave this terrible arc, rather than continue with this crappy and shallow church stuff.
He wouldnt have become a worse character with Bon dying, since he still wouldve found out the truth from the Nokkers.

Oh, so your entire argument for Bon dying due to PIS is because you just want things to be more dramatic, and not because you like good, sensible storytelling. Got it. No wonder you can't even give me a good argument as to why Fushi would never come back and just let his friend Bon die - because you don't have any.

Shidoteki said:

He would. He definitely would become a very bad character. If Fushi didn't come back for Bon to check on him and if he did come back and saw that Bon was about to be executed and did nothing, then not only did Fushi learn absolutely nothing from his experiences in the entire first season of this series but he's also an absolutely shitty character - which he is not, thankfully.
ZumthorrificDec 19, 2022 1:20 AM
Dec 19, 2022 1:32 AM
Jan 2022
davidyodo24 said:
wow what a plot twist!!

welcome Spring Roll lol.
i was so confused for a second didn't realized that girl Iris was Todo. damn she lost so much weight from that?

Nokker reveal and they believe they doing noble shit.

Todo losing so much weight due to starvation was fairly believable since they were imprisoned for weeks. The black man mentions this time period during his narration of Fushi's circumstance inside the solid iron prison.
Dec 21, 2022 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
Prince Bon is reborn as... BARON SPRING ROLL.
Seems the cage was going up because Todo intentionally starved herself for Bon and Chabo's sake. Now she's living under her original name of Iris.
Bon feared for the worst if Fushi could learn to consciously use his power of resurrection but Fushi says he would be happy (is he lying, though?).
The Nokkers have their own sense of morality different from humans and The Black One.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 21, 2022 5:34 PM

Mar 2010
I do be painful bein in this flesh. Being alive is overrated anyways.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2022 3:18 PM
Dec 2022
it was good with a cliff hanger
Jan 8, 2023 1:41 PM

Jun 2019
Fushi was able to save Bon and have a happy ending for him. It feels weird to have a happy ending in this show. LOL. But, I'm glad. They all are happy. Fushi is very sweet.
Jan 11, 2023 1:11 PM
Jan 2017
to vendo dublado pai mt bom
Jan 15, 2023 7:53 AM
manga lover<3<3

Dec 2018
I was so disappointed in the previous episode that I delayed watching this one.
It was great that Fushi was able to save Bon. After a long time, Fushi started to have a will and a strong will. I am looking forward to the future. There are many mysteries yet to be revealed.
Feb 14, 2023 2:43 PM
Jun 2017
So basically our souls are trying to kill us so they can go to Heaven? Damn.
Mar 13, 2023 12:43 AM
Jul 2021
Another bland episode. Now have we seen the last of the "good dog" peachy something and another? I hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath! This Bonchien character looks like one that will follow Fushi until his old age or something, we are going to even see his grandchildren pop up or something.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Mar 29, 2023 7:17 PM
Jan 2019
Finally getting to this arc
Jun 5, 2023 8:27 PM

Oct 2019
Due to the preview of the previous episode and the body count of this series being a persistent plot device I was definitely fooled. The Prince is alive!
Jul 31, 2023 9:05 PM
Nov 2016
So the gay sassy prince is alive huh? we got trolled, I like that character and all but I'm getting tired of this arc, I want it to end and the fat ugly girl turning into that beautiful girl from starvation and malnutrition was silly but hey, anime logic, if we can have an immortal being getting molten lava super powers then having a fatass turning into Miss America from starvation and malnutrition is also a possibility and finally, goddamn that kid is fucking ugly, he looks like if Saitama made a baby with a Nokker.

With that being said, this episode is actually nice.
Aug 11, 2023 5:42 AM
Aug 2021
I LOVE THIS ANIME SM
Oct 10, 2023 9:26 PM
Jul 2017
predicted the guy would become a skinny girl and she was the one who gave him the handkerchief

the fake funeral was awful

the pace of this anime is terrible

interesting development about the nokkers. too bad poor writing will ruin it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

175 by Capu_ »»
Apr 20, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

99 by nuez_awakate »»
Mar 20, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

61 by mokshk »»
Feb 28, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2022

163 by GavrocheN7 »»
Feb 20, 5:35 AM

» season 3

mapols - Mar 5, 2023

14 by basspig »»
Jan 22, 11:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.