Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2022 10:30 AM

Mar 2020
The search for Misha is on, and it leads into a Lungmen quarry, where a tense battle happened. There was some good strategy attempted by Reunion, but Rhodes Island and Lungmen are quite the adversaries for them, and the Doctor was saved by Amiya's hand. Unfortunately for Skullshatterer, he met his demise, but Amiya's hands are sullied now, and Misha is heartbroken. This show is solid at making you feel for both sides at times for sure.

With her friend gone, which side will Misha side on?
Dec 9, 2022 10:45 AM

Sep 2018
Man, that was the best episode so far. The fight that I'd been waiting for did not disappoint. We saw a glimpse of the "other side" of Reunion here, and it was great to see the Doctor in full action again.

Last episode next week, and I'm very pumped! I really hope we get to see more of the main story adapted into Anime format in the future as well - Prelude to Dawn is only barely scratching the surface.
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Dec 9, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2011
This Arts that SkullShatterer and Misha have would make any gunpowder weapon dangerous to use against them.

Oh my! Amiya killed someone with her Arts. And everyone was horrified for some reason.

Misha have some binocular eyesight to see that far.
Dec 9, 2022 11:24 AM
Sep 2017
Fantastic episode. Along with EP 1, EP7 is the only other episode done entirely in-house by Yostar Pictures and it really shows. The sound design in this show is amazing hearing all the sounds fade in and out, from right to left as characters move or scenarios play out is really engaging. I think the weakness of this show is that you have to be engaged with the work, watching it passively feels incredibly boring, but if you are willing to look around at the scene, listen to the sounds in the background, and pay attention to character animation this is an interesting watch.
Dec 9, 2022 11:39 AM

Mar 2017
Best episode so far. Liked that W's expressions suggested she really wanted Doctor dead. I hope we'll see her story adapted in the future.
Dec 9, 2022 12:30 PM

Feb 2021
My favourite battle scene so far. Amiya also killed Skullshatterer who is related to Misha (I think her older brother). One more episode left, we'll see what happens in the finale next week.
Dec 9, 2022 1:54 PM

May 2016
best episode? lol how guys.

That was a dog shit set up to turn misha against RI.

Misha 100% saw "alex" trying to allah akbar and blow himself up and kill RI members but somehow gets mad at Ayima for defending everyone?

Also I am never ever a fan of the shows that have the people that never kill people no matter what.
Dec 9, 2022 2:14 PM
Nov 2022
Кейл_х_Моргана said:

Misha 100% saw "alex" trying to allah akbar and blow himself up and kill RI members but somehow gets mad at Ayima for defending everyone?

Also I am never ever a fan of the shows that have the people that never kill people no matter what.

Lungman's guard kills
Chen kills
Texas kills
Liscarme kills
(and this is in previous episodes)
And now Amiya too.
What is the problem?
Dec 9, 2022 2:29 PM
Jun 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Have you ever played Arknights?

I think you didn’t read the lore first, dummy.
Dec 9, 2022 2:36 PM

Jan 2009
Amiya killed the brother of Misha eh so i guess Misha will join Reunion rather than Rhodes Island even though the brother of Misha tried to kill the Doctor first and Amiya just saved the Doctor
Dec 9, 2022 6:48 PM
Feb 2022
ArataDragonX said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Yeah maybe you cannot understand all the Lore but literraly this the best show in this season for me

Mod edit: removed deleted quote
ZedlinDec 10, 2022 8:17 PM
Dec 9, 2022 7:05 PM

Jun 2020
i love w so muchhhh! my type of character
splendid episode tho
forum avi: sia_job00 on twt

Dec 9, 2022 8:48 PM
Jan 2021
ArataDragonX said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

this is quote haters, take it easy.
we are not blind are we?
in the area where they were fighting, really dusty, lots of smoke and dust covering the view around.

Misha sees Amiya killing Skullshatter when the dust cloud around Misha clears.
is this understandable with your brain?

ZedlinDec 10, 2022 8:17 PM
Dec 9, 2022 8:56 PM

Jul 2013
ArataDragonX said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

All I can say is if you are this far and still can't understand what is going on then I honestly think that says more about you than the show. Arknights this far in is incredibly simple to understand so you are either not paying attention or and are an idiot or a troll. Disliking the show is fine but it is clear to me that you are not cappable of understanding simple writing.

ZedlinDec 10, 2022 8:18 PM
Dec 9, 2022 9:05 PM
Jul 2015
Damn that was intense! Yostar studio nailed the whole pacing for this episode. Not sure if I remember correctly from the game, but they should've mentioned

A note to anime onlies: gunpowder doesn't exist in this world so ppl use originium arts for ignition in gun chamber and bomb detonations
sunny_senpaiDec 9, 2022 9:18 PM
Dec 9, 2022 9:13 PM

Dec 2010
BlichoBoy said:
Misha have some binocular eyesight to see that far.

Especially with that sandstorm. But oh well we have to go drama hard I guess.
Dec 9, 2022 9:50 PM
Nov 2012
It really showed how Misha was destroyed after this encounter. Cringe overall but it was to be expected from this anime of war and hate.
Dec 9, 2022 9:56 PM
Sep 2017
Nooooo Alex is dead
Dec 9, 2022 10:14 PM

Jun 2016
Honestly one of the better, if not best episode so far. Where things are, at least in the immediate setting, coherent in the series.

Halving the ep into a Misha pov to build the narrative and only switching back to RI for the battle was pretty nice imo, Skullshredders background, connection to Misha, and her ability to use arts all fairly clear. W's appearance is not completely and utterly butchered like before, but given her introduction was already ruined, she's more of a wack war psycho than a mysterious psycho. Most importantly, production was actually fairly nice and the soundtracks were actually used to set the scene, not just as bgm.

Tbh if it's not the ep structure and how they're constructing the story, I seem to have an issue with how they're presenting everything mechanically.

Shooting the grenade launcher into the sky to start the fight. This isn't a kids show. 6 shots, now 5. Wasted SP, or 'mana', or whatever limited energy they have to use arts, unless operators have unlimited SP in the anime. Same with the exaggerated launcher toss and suicide charge. What mental acrobatics did Skullshredder do to think that running the nade over would be more effective than shooting it. If Doctor did anything other than sit there, the scene completely falls apart.

If this ridiculous suicide charge is intentional and meant to be in-line with Skullshredder's amateurish/childish character that they've built, it still detracts from Amiya's shock at killing Skullshredder since it seems more like his own stupidity killed him, than Amiya. The scene would have played out the exact same emotionally on Amiya's part, whilst building respecting for Skullshredder, if Skullshredder had a clear shot at Doctor and was about to fire, which Amiya noticed before using her arts. Or managed to hide or roll a nade into the vicinity of the doctor. Which Amiya noticed as Skullshredder was about to detonate. Something aside from an npc level thought process charge with pathfinding as smart as league of legend minions. Like crossbows, gunners? Were they just gonna watch as he ran in a straight line?

That being said, I don't recall hating Amiya this much reading Arknights as much as I do watching it. Almost every word out of her mouth has absolutely no purpose aside from building the pacifist persona, and it's done in such an exceedingly mind-numbingly and unnecessarily blatant way.
Like even an eye's widening would have sufficed in getting the point across to the audience. No the leader of our terrorist hunting group has to step back while mumbling words of shock that she killed the very terrorists we were hunting. "Oh no! I didn't mean to! Shock and horror!" I just killed a terrorist who was about to kill my commander and I am in so much shock.
I genuinely don't understand who the target demographic are or what the series comp, script writer, or whoever is adapting the dialogue is trying to accomplish with Amiya's dialogue here.
Dec 9, 2022 10:39 PM

Dec 2021
I haven't played the game so I'm maybe not as invested in this but there's no way this is the best episode so far. Unless it's more that whatever happens next is a good moment so this is hype because of that.

It's a blatant and cliched set-up for Misha to maybe turn on Rhodes Island. I think she should have had a more active role this episode and tried harder to stop Alex from fighting Rhodes Island who she should know are good people, but she just watches it unfold from the sidelines (despite the dust, although I can suspend my disbelief for something that minor).

Alex/Skull Shatterer is a pretty boring character who has the kind of broken logic I always hate - where it's ok for them to kill innocent people for their cause but when one of theirs gets killed in return they get all mad like what did you expect. Although apparently Rhodes Island weren't even killing them (which was news to me, it sure looked like they were) so it's even dumber.

I feel like I'm supposed to sympathise with Reunion a bit after this but I really can't feel sorry for them. I get that they've been suppressed and are finally fighting back but when even children are guilty for just not being infected, this removes any merit the rest of the argument about Rhodes Island not being able to change anything could have had.

Amiya getting upset that she's killed someone even if it was to save the Doctor at least completely fits what we've seen of her character so far, so I'm not too annoyed at that.

Overall that was the worst episode so far in terms of story but it was still enjoyable. The animation and sound design is general is great, Amiya's attack shooting right across the battlefield to save the Doctor looked really cool.
Dec 9, 2022 10:54 PM
Dec 2022
ArataDragonX said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Bruh it has nothing to do with if you played the game or not
Everyone agrees that Misha is just stupid lol
Dec 9, 2022 11:38 PM
Jun 2021
Gnihc420 said:
ArataDragonX said:

I think you’re a Lore hater
Dec 10, 2022 12:24 AM
Dec 2016
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Pretty sure the point was never about "Alex" dying but rather Amiya who Misha believed so bad would never kill someone would be the one to kill him.

TBH majority of the players agree that Misha Arc was definitely the worst out of the bunch, but seeing this adaptation happen made everyone who played the game grateful that it existed. If they really made the anime mainly as a Promotional Material to attract new players they were probably better off adapting side events.
Dec 10, 2022 1:54 AM
Nov 2022
Finally an episode that I can actually call good, the only other actually good episode we had was Episode 1, and honestly I feel we should have gotten to this point earlier like in episode 5 or 6 and we're only this late because of all the boring and uninteresting dialogue expositions which honestly they should have cut down on, which wouldn't really have been a problem if it wasn't for the fact that this season is only 8 episodes long, which makes me think maybe I should have just waited when the series finished and just binge it instead.

Also please don't tell me Misha is just buy up that Reunion crap and join them just because she saw Amiya kill Alex, like come on, seriously, she should obviously know better and realize that if Amiya didn't do anything Alex would have died anyway by exploding himself so the only thing Amiya did was give him a merciful and kinda a painless death than would have been if he exploded himself, however I can see this working greatly in Reuonin's favor because it will make their members even more hateful towards Rhodes Island and try to actively hunt them down because they've just killed one of their own.
Dec 10, 2022 2:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In the war the best option is talk, if not happens what happened in the episode, loved ones are lost!!!!

Misha power!!! kekeke
Dec 10, 2022 3:23 AM
Nov 2022
Inorichi said:
Honestly one of the better, if not best episode so far. Where things are, at least in the immediate setting, coherent in the series.

Halving the ep into a Misha pov to build the narrative and only switching back to RI for the battle was pretty nice imo, Skullshredders background, connection to Misha, and her ability to use arts all fairly clear. W's appearance is not completely and utterly butchered like before, but given her introduction was already ruined, she's more of a wack war psycho than a mysterious psycho. Most importantly, production was actually fairly nice and the soundtracks were actually used to set the scene, not just as bgm.

Tbh if it's not the ep structure and how they're constructing the story, I seem to have an issue with how they're presenting everything mechanically.

Shooting the grenade launcher into the sky to start the fight. This isn't a kids show. 6 shots, now 5. Wasted SP, or 'mana', or whatever limited energy they have to use arts, unless operators have unlimited SP in the anime. Same with the exaggerated launcher toss and suicide charge. What mental acrobatics did Skullshredder do to think that running the nade over would be more effective than shooting it. If Doctor did anything other than sit there, the scene completely falls apart.

If this ridiculous suicide charge is intentional and meant to be in-line with Skullshredder's amateurish/childish character that they've built, it still detracts from Amiya's shock at killing Skullshredder since it seems more like his own stupidity killed him, than Amiya. The scene would have played out the exact same emotionally on Amiya's part, whilst building respecting for Skullshredder, if Skullshredder had a clear shot at Doctor and was about to fire, which Amiya noticed before using her arts. Or managed to hide or roll a nade into the vicinity of the doctor. Which Amiya noticed as Skullshredder was about to detonate. Something aside from an npc level thought process charge with pathfinding as smart as league of legend minions. Like crossbows, gunners? Were they just gonna watch as he ran in a straight line?

That being said, I don't recall hating Amiya this much reading Arknights as much as I do watching it. Almost every word out of her mouth has absolutely no purpose aside from building the pacifist persona, and it's done in such an exceedingly mind-numbingly and unnecessarily blatant way.
Like even an eye's widening would have sufficed in getting the point across to the audience. No the leader of our terrorist hunting group has to step back while mumbling words of shock that she killed the very terrorists we were hunting. "Oh no! I didn't mean to! Shock and horror!" I just killed a terrorist who was about to kill my commander and I am in so much shock.
I genuinely don't understand who the target demographic are or what the series comp, script writer, or whoever is adapting the dialogue is trying to accomplish with Amiya's dialogue here.

Tbh I can see why Skullshatterer would do the suicide charge, if you see Amiya's perspective and the shot where skullshatterer dies, you can see there's a decent distance between Doctor and Skullshatterer. Shooting uphill is also not too easy. It doesn't help that more operators show up, one with a shield. Instead of having to deal with each individually, Skullshatterer decided to go for the guaranteed kill on all of them in one single blow which Amiya thankfully managed to stop.

I like Amiya much more in the anime, in the game she's just like "oh, you have amnesia? Damn, anyways please command immediately!" She feels much more like an actual character with values and ideals in the anime.
Amiya's lil freak out is facing reality. The reality that sometimes you have to kill to survive, kill to save others. I think her reaction makes perfect sense, she always avoids killing and this is her first kill, on a kid no less.
In real life, a soldier would be traumatized for life if they had to shoot a kid with an RPG who was about to fire on a base full of people that
the soldier knows and is friends with. Alex is a kid with an RPG and even though putting that kid down means saving many lives, it's still a choice most would rather not want to make.
Oversimplifying can make anything sound dumb. There's so much more to it than "terrorist hunting group is shocked to kill terrorists"
Dec 10, 2022 3:40 AM

Dec 2018
idk how to feel about the show. it feels like i just got dropped into the middle of everything although i'm able to get what's going on, i just don't see where it's going or what the point is.
Dec 10, 2022 4:24 AM
Feb 2020
StateofOhayo said:
idk how to feel about the show. it feels like i just got dropped into the middle of everything although i'm able to get what's going on, i just don't see where it's going or what the point is.

That's honestly how it felt like during the first 3 chapters for most players too. You understand what's happening but doesn't know where it will go. From Chapter 4 and 5 it starts picking up and having a clear end goal.
Dec 10, 2022 4:48 AM

Dec 2018
ANITAIMASTER249 said:
StateofOhayo said:

That's honestly how it felt like during the first 3 chapters for most players too. You understand what's happening but doesn't know where it will go. From Chapter 4 and 5 it starts picking up and having a clear end goal.

okay. i hope it gets another season, i feel like with so few episodes this is like a trial run so we'll see how it goes.
Dec 10, 2022 4:51 AM
Dec 2022
ArataDragonX said:
Gnihc420 said:

ArataDragonX said:
Gnihc420 said:

No, wth. dym by that XDDD
I friking love arknights lore
(Except for chapter 0-3 which is mid af honestly.
Dec 10, 2022 6:42 AM
Jun 2021
Gnihc420 said:
ArataDragonX said:

ArataDragonX said:

No, wth. dym by that XDDD
I friking love arknights lore
(Except for chapter 0-3 which is mid af honestly.

I am keeping an eye out………
Dec 10, 2022 8:08 AM

Feb 2021
I so knew it when it is revealed that bomb guy is actually the sibling of Misha, and that she will witness him dying in the hands of Reunion. Very predictable, but I don't mind. I don't hate the show or anything, in fact I really like it so far, and seeing next episode is the last one, I'm pumped to see how this all wraps up. However, I can't help but to think, for an adaptation of a popular strategy game, I don't see anything 'strategical' so far. It's always 'charge', 'take the enemies out', 'pull back'. I understand how hard it is to come up with these different strategies, but I wish they aren't so repetitive.

Next episode is the last one and honestly I hope more Arknights will come in the future.

A question: will we ever see Alex face this season or are we going to see his face at all? I'm about to check the wiki but I don't want to spoil myself if his face will be shown in the next episode.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 10, 2022 8:21 AM
Jan 2021
Evalith said:
Inorichi said:

Tbh I can see why Skullshatterer would do the suicide charge, if you see Amiya's perspective and the shot where skullshatterer dies, you can see there's a decent distance between Doctor and Skullshatterer. Shooting uphill is also not too easy. It doesn't help that more operators show up, one with a shield. Instead of having to deal with each individually, Skullshatterer decided to go for the guaranteed kill on all of them in one single blow which Amiya thankfully managed to stop.

I like Amiya much more in the anime, in the game she's just like "oh, you have amnesia? Damn, anyways please command immediately!" She feels much more like an actual character with values and ideals in the anime.
Amiya's lil freak out is facing reality. The reality that sometimes you have to kill to survive, kill to save others. I think her reaction makes perfect sense, she always avoids killing and this is her first kill, on a kid no less.
In real life, a soldier would be traumatized for life if they had to shoot a kid with an RPG who was about to fire on a base full of people that
the soldier knows and is friends with. Alex is a kid with an RPG and even though putting that kid down means saving many lives, it's still a choice most would rather not want to make.
Oversimplifying can make anything sound dumb. There's so much more to it than "terrorist hunting group is shocked to kill terrorists"

i agree with you dudes,
yea, this episode makes me sad, makes me confused, who will I defend,

see a reunion soldier named ivan, looks friendly, doesn't look evil (patterned mask)
this really touched my heart, war is a bad thing wherever it happens.
Dec 10, 2022 11:07 AM
Oct 2018
knowing the story from the game, it makes sense that it went how it did. Alex choosing to try blow himself up with everyone else makes sense too... Arts users can use whats left of their life to fuel their abilities to the max which is probably why he chose to do the overkill option. He knew he'd die regardless, but Amiya stopped him from taking everyone else out.
If you played the game you'd know that infected can use their life to power their arts in place of a casting focus... which Im pretty sure they kinda mentioned in the first or second episode when the healer was healing too
Dec 10, 2022 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
heh W with her Smile and her Laughter the saying "Nothing good ever comes of her laughter. And she's always laughing." is all too fitting for W

in the game, Amiya stayed with the Doctor or she made it to him when Skullshatterer tried to ambush him and Amiya dealt the Killing Blast of her Black Arts. Guess they tried to make this scene more dramatic rearranging it like this. Although now they are missing the part with Skullshatterer cursing Amiya for fighting against the Infected from his point of view.
No touching the Doctor or Amiya Will End you! Poor Amiya, she didn't kill many or at all to this point....
Next Episode Skullshatterer
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Dec 10, 2022 3:26 PM
Aug 2018
alex and amiya :(
my heart is in pain
Dec 10, 2022 5:49 PM
Nov 2022
definitely the best episode so far, it gives us a view of the other side in a way that was better than the game. also doctor finally taking command was cool.
Dec 10, 2022 10:46 PM

Mar 2019
Skullshatterer looked like that typical rebel child of 12 years that is angry for everything and anything at same time...

I dont know the lore of that character, but from what ive seen in the series.... that is all about him, now dead and forgotten forever.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 10, 2022 11:11 PM
Jun 2021
W is cool! That’s why i like her
ArataDragonXDec 10, 2022 11:15 PM
Dec 10, 2022 11:14 PM
Jun 2021
Calal-Chan said:
ArataDragonX said:

All I can say is if you are this far and still can't understand what is going on then I honestly think that says more about you than the show. Arknights this far in is incredibly simple to understand so you are either not paying attention or and are an idiot or a troll. Disliking the show is fine but it is clear to me that you are not cappable of understanding simple writing.

Ahem, i play Arknights for almost 3 years.
And calling me an idiot and troll is a bit too far. To be fair, i have read every lore in the game and every side story lore too.
So please, apologize for saying those words to me.
Dec 11, 2022 2:04 AM

May 2011
Bölüm güzeldi ama böyle iki lafla kolayca manipüle olan ezik tiplerden nefret ediyorum. Sen birinin en değer verdiği kişiye intihar saldırısı yapmaya kalk, sonra üstüne ölmemeyi bekle şaka mısın? Tabiki öldürürler Amiya sonuna kadar haklı burada.

The episode was good but I hate losers who are easily manipulated with two words like that. You try to commit suicide attack on someone's most precious person, then expect not to die on top of it, are you a joke? Of course they will. Amiya is right until the end.
Dec 11, 2022 3:13 AM

Mar 2010
Best episode since ep 1

My only nitpick is the anime-only Alex final attack, I feel like it kind of invalidates the weight of Amiya's killing blow in the end. If Alex was already moments before blowing himself up, there really is no moral argument behind Amiya's actions, it's 100% justified. Sad to say, but I think the game's severe lack of details did this scene better, since it was possible to resolve the conflict with Alex living, yet the Amiya "slip" still happened.
nullDec 11, 2022 3:34 AM

Dec 11, 2022 5:43 AM

May 2015
Dockutah is safe...for now!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 11, 2022 7:13 AM
Sep 2019
One of the best episode so far this season. Really like the pace for the episode but I know it could have done a lot more on the action scenes.
Dec 11, 2022 8:28 AM
Jun 2021
im so pissed off by this episode honestly..it seems so stupid on misha part and i hate that last part..clearly even if amiya did kill skull then whats the prob? he about to explode and kill them all! its common sense to just kill that asshole i mean like misha was like "oh my Amiya my girl what have u done?" really girl? how can u be this stupid?! and not to mention everyone else also just kinda wanna blame or act surprised towards Amiya when she did that i was like why are u guys look at her like she just do something wrong like protecting u guys in the middle of the fucking war u ass!
Dec 11, 2022 8:52 AM
Sep 2017
R3sZ said:
why are u guys look at her like she just do something wrong

Pretty sure they just feel bad for her because she broke her own personal creed, everyone else there has definitely killed before.

R3sZ said:
he about to explode and kill them all!

Well guess that is up to Misha to decide. What does she think she saw, what is she going to be told about his death by reunion next episode? Facts and composure go out the window in high tension situations.
Dec 11, 2022 9:56 AM
Oct 2021
I liked this episode. While I think we needed more time with Misha and Skullshatterer, and their group of Reunion to make Misha's turn to their sided more convincing, I guess we don't have that time. They did the best with what they had.

Jengamouse said:
I haven't played the game so I'm maybe not as invested in this but there's no way this is the best episode so far. Unless it's more that whatever happens next is a good moment so this is hype because of that.

It's a blatant and cliched set-up for Misha to maybe turn on Rhodes Island. I think she should have had a more active role this episode and tried harder to stop Alex from fighting Rhodes Island who she should know are good people, but she just watches it unfold from the sidelines (despite the dust, although I can suspend my disbelief for something that minor).

Alex/Skull Shatterer is a pretty boring character who has the kind of broken logic I always hate - where it's ok for them to kill innocent people for their cause but when one of theirs gets killed in return they get all mad like what did you expect. Although apparently Rhodes Island weren't even killing them (which was news to me, it sure looked like they were) so it's even dumber.

I feel like I'm supposed to sympathise with Reunion a bit after this but I really can't feel sorry for them. I get that they've been suppressed and are finally fighting back but when even children are guilty for just not being infected, this removes any merit the rest of the argument about Rhodes Island not being able to change anything could have had.

Amiya getting upset that she's killed someone even if it was to save the Doctor at least completely fits what we've seen of her character so far, so I'm not too annoyed at that.

Overall that was the worst episode so far in terms of story but it was still enjoyable. The animation and sound design is general is great, Amiya's attack shooting right across the battlefield to save the Doctor looked really cool.

I can understand how it feels this way, but I don't think it could be the worst episode.

Not everyone can be a decisive person and see what's going to happen if they don't act a certain way. When it came to what they believed, Alex was stronger in his and in reunion, than Misha was in Rhodes Island. When he asked her whether the people treating them as vermin to be exterminated are accomplices or not, she didn't have an answer. When she remembered the past, she broke down and started apologizing. She feels guilt for all his suffering. How can she, who's only been with Rhodes Island for less than a day, convince him that they're the good people, when she can't be that sure to begin with?
I think she tried her best with what she is and what she knew. She definitely tried to stop him, but she can't.

As for Alex having a broken logic: He (and many infected) don't see the people they kill as innocents. When so much injustice and cruelty is done to them by the government and the people not only stand and watch it happen, but encourge it, and do it themselves, is it a surprise that they would hate everyone that's not on their side? We can judge it from an outsider's perspective, but to them, their views are the right ones because they're informed by their life and suffering.

I'll hold off on commenting too much on reunion, as their organization's history and many factions are still not revealed yet. But as far as the anime gives us, it's enough to see why they are the way they are. I don't know if feeling sorry for them is the intended emotion. Rather, a pity that they ended up the way they are.

And I agree that Amiya was in character when she realized what she did. There's important dialogue from her after this happens in the game that I REALLY hope the anime doesn't skip next episode. And Episode 2 still holds my vote for worst episode. This was one of the better ones.

null said:
Best episode since ep 1

My only nitpick is the anime-only Alex final attack, I feel like it kind of invalidates the weight of Amiya's killing blow in the end. If Alex was already moments before blowing himself up, there really is no moral argument behind Amiya's actions, it's 100% justified. Sad to say, but I think the game's severe lack of details did this scene better, since it was possible to resolve the conflict with Alex living, yet the Amiya "slip" still happened.

I went back and read 3-4 After, Skullshatterer tries to blow up his staff, which he's holding, since his normal attacks were blocked by Hoshi. So yes, he was about to blow himself up and everyone in his way, including the doctor. The game doesn't say "He'll sacrifice himself to kill Doc", but it's clear to me that's what he was gonna do.

R3sZ said:
im so pissed off by this episode honestly..it seems so stupid on misha part and i hate that last part..clearly even if amiya did kill skull then whats the prob? he about to explode and kill them all! its common sense to just kill that asshole i mean like misha was like "oh my Amiya my girl what have u done?" really girl? how can u be this stupid?! and not to mention everyone else also just kinda wanna blame or act surprised towards Amiya when she did that i was like why are u guys look at her like she just do something wrong like protecting u guys in the middle of the fucking war u ass!

I see many people holding these two sentiments (that Amiya shouldn't be too shaken up since she did the right thing, and that Misha shouldn't hold it against her since it was Skullshatterer's fault). But it's not really about the morals or the objectively best action to make in that situation. Amiya (and Rhodes Island) have made their creeds and goals clear since episode 1. They want to save the infected, and they don't wanna kill anyone if they could. Killing Skullshatterer means they had to take a life. Even if it meant saving others, there's still the question of whether another way to stop him was possible. And the fact she killed him unintentionaly would absolutely shake her up. The other operators are not necesserily looking at her like she did something wrong. When witnessing such powerful arts, it's natural to look at the source. We don't know what the other ops thought but that's not important. What's important is what Amiya was seeing. And seeing everyone looking at her naturally made her wanna explain and defend herself.

As for Misha, she was sold on RI's ideals because they didn't kill anyone. That's the main thing she brought up when trying to appeal to her brother. If she believed that, then she would hope that even if Alex loses the fight, if it's Amiya, he won't die, and that belief was betrayed in front of her eyes. Thinking about it rationaly, she might reach the conclusion that it was all Alex's fault. But I can't fault her if she doesn't do so. She reunited with her long lost sibling, she saw how much he cared about her, and she saw him getting killed by a person she looked up to because she thought she wouldn't do that. Anyone like Misha would question whether Amiya could've stopped Alex without killing him, and why she did so anyway.

Dec 11, 2022 10:34 AM
Jun 2021
Secret333 said:
I liked this episode. While I think we needed more time with Misha and Skullshatterer, and their group of Reunion to make Misha's turn to their sided more convincing, I guess we don't have that time. They did the best with what they had.

Jengamouse said:

I can understand how it feels this way, but I don't think it could be the worst episode.

Not everyone can be a decisive person and see what's going to happen if they don't act a certain way. When it came to what they believed, Alex was stronger in his and in reunion, than Misha was in Rhodes Island. When he asked her whether the people treating them as vermin to be exterminated are accomplices or not, she didn't have an answer. When she remembered the past, she broke down and started apologizing. She feels guilt for all his suffering. How can she, who's only been with Rhodes Island for less than a day, convince him that they're the good people, when she can't be that sure to begin with?
I think she tried her best with what she is and what she knew. She definitely tried to stop him, but she can't.

As for Alex having a broken logic: He (and many infected) don't see the people they kill as innocents. When so much injustice and cruelty is done to them by the government and the people not only stand and watch it happen, but encourge it, and do it themselves, is it a surprise that they would hate everyone that's not on their side? We can judge it from an outsider's perspective, but to them, their views are the right ones because they're informed by their life and suffering.

I'll hold off on commenting too much on reunion, as their organization's history and many factions are still not revealed yet. But as far as the anime gives us, it's enough to see why they are the way they are. I don't know if feeling sorry for them is the intended emotion. Rather, a pity that they ended up the way they are.

And I agree that Amiya was in character when she realized what she did. There's important dialogue from her after this happens in the game that I REALLY hope the anime doesn't skip next episode. And Episode 2 still holds my vote for worst episode. This was one of the better ones.

null said:
Best episode since ep 1

I went back and read 3-4 After, Skullshatterer tries to blow up his staff, which he's holding, since his normal attacks were blocked by Hoshi. So yes, he was about to blow himself up and everyone in his way, including the doctor. The game doesn't say "He'll sacrifice himself to kill Doc", but it's clear to me that's what he was gonna do.

R3sZ said:

I see many people holding these two sentiments (that Amiya shouldn't be too shaken up since she did the right thing, and that Misha shouldn't hold it against her since it was Skullshatterer's fault). But it's not really about the morals or the objectively best action to make in that situation. Amiya (and Rhodes Island) have made their creeds and goals clear since episode 1. They want to save the infected, and they don't wanna kill anyone if they could. Killing Skullshatterer means they had to take a life. Even if it meant saving others, there's still the question of whether another way to stop him was possible. And the fact she killed him unintentionaly would absolutely shake her up. The other operators are not necesserily looking at her like she did something wrong. When witnessing such powerful arts, it's natural to look at the source. We don't know what the other ops thought but that's not important. What's important is what Amiya was seeing. And seeing everyone looking at her naturally made her wanna explain and defend herself.

As for Misha, she was sold on RI's ideals because they didn't kill anyone. That's the main thing she brought up when trying to appeal to her brother. If she believed that, then she would hope that even if Alex loses the fight, if it's Amiya, he won't die, and that belief was betrayed in front of her eyes. Thinking about it rationaly, she might reach the conclusion that it was all Alex's fault. But I can't fault her if she doesn't do so. She reunited with her long lost sibling, she saw how much he cared about her, and she saw him getting killed by a person she looked up to because she thought she wouldn't do that. Anyone like Misha would question whether Amiya could've stopped Alex without killing him, and why she did so anyway.

hmm well based on what u said, i kind of get it..but i still think its just a bad writing or a script or whatever..it feels weird if u know what i mean..common sense? like so if there is self destruct going to happen in front of our eyes are we just going to accept it? of course not, its just natural for human being to protect themselves and do whatever it takes to survive..so imo yes in this episode it just a bad writing thats all
Dec 11, 2022 10:47 AM
Oct 2021
R3sZ said:
Secret333 said:

hmm well based on what u said, i kind of get it..but i still think its just a bad writing or a script or whatever..it feels weird if u know what i mean..common sense? like so if there is self destruct going to happen in front of our eyes are we just going to accept it? of course not, its just natural for human being to protect themselves and do whatever it takes to survive..so imo yes in this episode it just a bad writing thats all

Yeah seeing characters being emotional instead of looking at things sensibly could feel disconnecting, especially if we don't spend enough time with them. That's why I said I would've liked more time at the beginning. And I think what you said would be a arguement to bring up in a conversation between Misha and Amiya. I don't think this instance with Misha is bad writing though. It's probably lack of time to get people to sympathize with these characters.
Dec 11, 2022 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
ArataDragonX said:
Calal-Chan said:

Ahem, i play Arknights for almost 3 years.
And calling me an idiot and troll is a bit too far. To be fair, i have read every lore in the game and every side story lore too.
So please, apologize for saying those words to me.

I am 100% certain the quote I actually replied to got deleted. So I don't think I was talking to you. So either way I apoligize for the confusion it was meant for someone else who had been trolling and super rude towards people enjoying the show. You can see the Mod edit: removed deleted quote right? I think that was what I responded too. It was not directed at you what so ever. Either that or I quoted the wrong person. No matter what it wasn't directed at you and I am sorry if it seemed that way. That was not my intent.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

93 by bushman66 »»
Mar 11, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 2, 2022

52 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.