Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2022 4:57 AM

Sep 2013
Welp it wasn't that interesting,the korean voice actors do a decent job,it looks clean enough but the story feels like something that was overdid,i lost all interest.

But still i need to ask, Manhwa readers does it get more interesting? Or will it be 8 episodes of mc slaying some meows with his new body?

Deep dark fantasies
Dec 8, 2022 5:00 AM

Mar 2022
ropiel said:
Welp it wasn't that interesting,the korean voice actors do a decent job,it looks clean enough but the story feels like something that was overdid,i lost all interest.

But still i need to ask, Manhwa readers does it get more interesting? Or will it be 8 episodes of mc slaying some meows with his new body?

i don't know about the anime but i've read manhwa so i the story progress in manhwa is good it does get better

Dec 8, 2022 5:19 AM
Jan 2021
ropiel said:

8 episodes wont even cover 10% of the main part of the webtoon, hopefully there’s more episodes coming out soon cos this is just the build up to the good stuff

Dec 8, 2022 5:28 AM
Jan 2021
i think it covered the first eps quite well tho, good episode

Dec 8, 2022 5:38 AM

Mar 2022
just watched the first episode
i have watched it in jp dub it's pretty good
it covered the manhwa well

Dec 8, 2022 5:45 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty damn depressing first episode. Some anime or animations from Asia really amp up the human cruelty. Not complaining, though. I was pretty invested in the story. I think Episode 1 served as a decent exposition for the main character.
removed-userDec 8, 2022 6:17 AM
Dec 8, 2022 5:55 AM
Jan 2017
Fuck my ass i have read the first 40 ish chapter so i could see how the anime(is this an anime or whatever koreans call anime) does in comparison to the webtoon but they use the korean names here and i was so used to the mc being daniel :( but so far not really that bad of a pacing, probably the best pacing a webtoon anime has so far.
Dec 8, 2022 6:34 AM
Aug 2020
ropiel said:

yeah ofc it does get interesting and dont expect any power ups like the typical shounen you watch lmao
just pure human drama with great character development and writing.
Dec 8, 2022 6:35 AM
Aug 2020
janiifacee said:
ropiel said:

8 episodes wont even cover 10% of the main part of the webtoon, hopefully there’s more episodes coming out soon cos this is just the build up to the good stuff

I think its it will continue more after episode 8
like a post production or something
Dec 8, 2022 6:54 AM
Sep 2021
[quote=Animenick9900 message=68131629]
janiifacee said:
ropiel said:

like a post production or something[/quot
Animenick9900 said:
janiifacee said:

I think they're going to cut some parts that, based on what I've read, don't add almost anything to the main story, they would just be complements to the main story
Dec 8, 2022 7:07 AM
Aug 2020
[quote=JuniorOliveira message=68131682]
Animenick9900 said:
janiifacee said:

Animenick9900 said:

I think they're going to cut some parts that, based on what I've read, don't add almost anything to the main story, they would just be complements to the main story

cut some parts ?? what ? which parts?😩😩
Dec 8, 2022 7:17 AM
Jan 2021
[quote=Animenick9900 message=68131739]
JuniorOliveira said:
Animenick9900 said:

cut some parts ?? what ? which parts?😩😩

might be just the high school parts but i hope they don’t cut anything cos if i really think ab it, everything kneads into one so i think everything is necessary 🤣

Dec 8, 2022 9:41 AM

Sep 2021
ropiel said:

Lookism basically will go from Teenagers drama straight up to "The Godfather x Fight Club"

Dec 8, 2022 9:43 AM

Sep 2013
FujinKami said:
ropiel said:

Lookism basically will go from Teenagers drama straight up to "The Godfather x Fight Club"

that sounds cool,is it kinda like Sunken Rock at some point? Oh and will we see a bit of that in the anime,if yes i'll continue for sure.
Deep dark fantasies
Dec 8, 2022 10:26 AM

Sep 2020
Very bad animation.
Dec 8, 2022 12:18 PM

Nov 2016
I've read the first few chapters a while ago and I can't remember that the bullying was this fucked up. Impossible to feel bad for the MC when he's like that to his mother 🤷🏻‍♂️ I guess we're not supposed to since he's an unlikeable coward.

But pretty enjoyable start. Hilarious concept for a wish fulfillment that's still up to the minute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 8, 2022 12:19 PM
Sep 2021
ZXEAN said:
Very bad animation.
it's not that bad, but they put the cgi in the wrong place, they must have done the last episode in a hurry
Dec 8, 2022 4:15 PM
Aug 2020
ropiel said:

it get really interesting, but like some other guy said, this didn't even cover 10% of the series
Dec 8, 2022 4:19 PM
Aug 2020
FMmatron said:
I've read the first few chapters a while ago and I can't remember that the bullying was this fucked up. Impossible to feel bad for the MC when he's like that to his mother 🤷🏻‍♂️ I guess we're not supposed to since he's an unlikeable coward.

But pretty enjoyable start. Hilarious concept for a wish fulfillment that's still up to the minute.
thats what's good about it, the character development
Dec 8, 2022 5:19 PM

Nov 2016
AstaLoliDragneel said:
FMmatron said:

thats what's good about it, the character development

Leaves a bad taste that a miracle kicks it off, would've preferred it if he worked for his looks.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 8, 2022 5:58 PM
Oct 2021
kaneki1231_ said:
where do you watch the Japanese dub? i can only find english dub
Dec 8, 2022 8:02 PM
Sep 2022
Everything is good just the name--
Dec 8, 2022 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
ZXEAN said:
Very bad animation.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. Everybody looks awkward and the movements are stiff, like the framerate is too low. It's giving me that uncomfortable, uncanny feeling.
Dec 9, 2022 12:22 AM

May 2018
Really interesting start, there are some weird things like being able to move consciousness from the old body to the new body. Looking forward to the next 7 episodes.

Dec 9, 2022 12:29 AM
Nov 2021
First epsd is adapted well except the animation.... the movements seems weird..
Opening song is good too
Dec 9, 2022 5:24 AM
Jun 2021
the ones doing the bullying and the one getting bullied and the girls watching and commenting , all are trash. in japan animes you will not find so many bad characters.
only the mother is good character but this pig guy swears at her.
Dec 9, 2022 6:12 AM
Feb 2022
kaneki1231_ said:

I also watched the first ep in Japanese dub but the other episodes wasn't , where can I watch the others in Japanese dub ?
Dec 9, 2022 12:41 PM

Aug 2021
That... was painful to watch, in the worst way imaginable.

NAC2 said:
the ones doing the bullying and the one getting bullied and the girls watching and commenting , all are trash. in japan animes you will not find so many bad characters.

Try watching Mahou Shoujo Site lmao
Dec 9, 2022 10:39 PM
Mar 2018
Poor representation and overdid it compared to the webtoon
Dec 10, 2022 10:32 AM
Jan 2021
For those who are disappointed: I haven't read Manhwa, so my opinion is only limited to anime.
I found the first two episodes awful, the portrayal of how ugly people are treated is extremely unrealistic (which tbh shouldn't matter if it's still interesting—which isn't the case here). Based on first 2 eps I guessed it will like 5/10 anime for me. But after that it keeps getting better once you get past its initial flaws. And by the end of the eighth episode, you will be craving for more. I hope that Netflix will give a green light to a next season.
One more thing, OP and insert song are also great.
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Dec 10, 2022 5:43 PM
Mar 2021
we have a week nerd without self esteem that isn't able to go against the bullies wishes and then turns into a pretty looking guy. Honestly i don't like bullying histories like this because of the bellied mindset("i can't go against... orders" "I'm a peace o shit" " why don't you do more for me mama?"), if it was me i well beat the shit out of anyone who tries to bully me and then make his life a hell.
Dec 10, 2022 5:47 PM
Mar 2021
NAC2 said:
exactly my friend, if it was me i would just beat the shit out of the bullies and indulge miself
Dec 10, 2022 10:32 PM

Mar 2022
GOLA100 said:
kaneki1231_ said:

I also watched the first ep in Japanese dub but the other episodes wasn't , where can I watch the others in Japanese dub ?
even i don't know i watched them in korean
try watching it in korean it's pretty good the voice actors did a great job and if i can find i'll let you know

Dec 11, 2022 7:58 AM

May 2020
2 weeks earlier, he was bullied and he wants to transfer, but his financial condition ain't great so his mother gives him excuses. But then, the next day, his mom sees him getting bullied. Apparently, she went to school to discuss his transfer and happened to witness it by chance. She wants him to transfer alone, without her. He transfers and moves to his new place, hoping to have a new life. But his daydreams are shattered by his stupid actions, grinning at a stranger after bumping, literally creepy irrespective of looks. People record him getting beaten up, and it gets viral. He cries himself to sleep.

The very next day, he wakes up to be inside an unknown ikemen, but his original body lies where he slept. When he tries to wake the other body, he wakes up in that body, and vice-versa. Finally, he feels like he can change his life with this new body. Thus, he goes to his new school in his new body.

This hope of new life with a new look reminds me of a Chinese anime (donghua), Huang Yan. Let's see how this differs from that.
Dec 12, 2022 8:19 AM
Jul 2020
It was the slayyyy extra hype
Dec 12, 2022 11:36 AM

Feb 2021
Great start! Feel so sorry for our boy.
Dec 12, 2022 4:25 PM
Dec 2022
I a wonderful anime that I loved the drama the fights the story the soundtrack is very good, looking forward to season 2
Dec 13, 2022 5:14 AM

Mar 2012
The bullying was because he's fat but looks like he doesn't really know how to behave in front of people, him grinning when the girl apologized was creepy ngl. The instant change in personality when he changed bodies is weird.

Not a fan of the art-style and animation doesn't seem to be the best, maybe it's because I'm just way too used to Japanese style animation.
Maou_heikaDec 13, 2022 5:17 AM
Dec 14, 2022 3:04 AM
Jan 2017
fat boy deserves everything happened to him for being weak as shit
Dec 14, 2022 3:38 PM

Dec 2019
This is undoubtly the trashiest anime I've seen this year. Sorry but I can't blame companies for refusing to adapt Manhwas.
Dec 15, 2022 5:18 PM
Jun 2022
show ruined any chance it had of momentum by starting in a high school full of "kids" who look like they are 45 yo.
Dec 18, 2022 4:44 AM

Jan 2018
Jesus that was fucking awful
Dec 19, 2022 5:52 PM
Dec 2022
Melhor anime do ano
Dec 19, 2022 9:00 PM

Sep 2018
Haha, wtf was that... 20 minutes of over the top bullying towards a socially awkward and fat loner. Might be different overseas, but you just wouldn't get away with that type of bullying in NZ.
Dec 20, 2022 2:28 AM
Apr 2022
Man this is awesome can't wait to see what's next
Dec 21, 2022 2:04 AM

Nov 2012
I know bullying can get pretty hardcore in some parts of Asia what we see happen to him is the kind of thing that actually happens a lot, I've seen so many people calling it over exaggerated or unrealistic but maybe those people just aren't aware what it can get like there? And applying their own culture/environments to it. Idunno. Like maybe they think because bullying isn't this bad in my country/environment then people aren't treated like this? But they definitely are, I will keep an eye out for anything I feel is exaggerated but I've heard of and seen evidence of much worse than what we've seen him go through in this ep.

Some other media like Erased and Sweet Home touch on this too. But particularly in Korea I believe it is the worst. Look up the school bullying culture in Korea if you have your doubts. You will see it often pop up as a theme in certain media.

Onto my impressions, I like the premise and am interested to see where it goes, although I can easily see it disappointing me. Hopefully it takes an interesting route following his body switching.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 27, 2022 4:44 AM
May 2020
dr Jekyll and mr Hyde south Korean ver
Dec 29, 2022 10:01 PM
Dec 2022
Wow very nice^_^🤩🤩
Dec 29, 2022 10:03 PM
Dec 2022
Wow very nice^_^🤩🤩
Jan 19, 2023 10:54 PM

Dec 2020
Decent start. Let's see what happens.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

95 by parzxval »»
Apr 10, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 5 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

13 by LingLingRocket »»
Jan 10, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 4 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:09 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 2 Discussion

kaneki1231_ - Dec 8, 2022

36 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 11, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 6 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

10 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 4, 2023 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.