Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, Aoi's worries are very natural as someone of her age.

This episode was fun to watch with the cast back at school. The sakura tree really represents a sense of youth and Spring feeling.
Dec 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverDec 6, 2022 9:42 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 6, 2022 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
Who are all these new friendly people in the class, i thought this show is all about them girls and mountains climbing, but that was a wonderfull idea still, Aoi, to take a picture of a whole class on the top of the Tenranzan. Also some free cakes are always a plus too.

And don't think of classes changes as the end of the world, there is a reason for this practice. Its to help you.
Dec 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2020
Back to school. I have missed these moments.

Don't worry, Aoi. You'll be fine. :3 I'm glad she made some new friends.

Beautiful scene.

SerafosDec 6, 2022 12:37 PM
Dec 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Apr 2014
New school year with new classmates. This is a good new starting point for Aoi.

AkeZZZDec 6, 2022 8:29 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 6, 2022 8:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Definitely understandable how changing classes can be stressful, too bad they didn't end up in the same class but Aoi's glasses friend really was cool
Dec 6, 2022 9:40 AM

Apr 2010
The girls being in different classes was expected ones the flag was raised.
Aoi being to worried about it was somewhat expected sometimes she just needs to let go of things instead of worry about it but i guess that's just her nature.
It was also nice seeing all the girls together this episode it makes me wonder which mountain they will go after next.
Dec 6, 2022 9:46 AM

Mar 2021
New school year for the girls and unfortunately Aoi and Hinata have been put in separate classes but thankfully for Aoi an old friend of hers Kasumi was there to help Aoi introduce herself to her new classmates
Dec 6, 2022 9:50 AM

Apr 2017
Well that certainly was an interesting episode. The first that wasn't a recap that actually had only one story across the entire episode. Though to be fair, it made use of multiple different stories from the manga and mashed them all into one cohesive story, which worked quite well. I hope we get to see more stories in this way, because up until now it felt like we just got two episodes each week with the same runtime as before and not really one long episode.

The first, but rather short part, is something I expected we wouldn't get to see. Same as for every sport or activity, you will have to keep your gear clean, otherwise you will run into problems if something is not working because it's dirty. Also, a personal recommendation, it might be worth also checking for damages. You don't want to used damaged equipment, because obviously it's not safe to use.

The first half of the main part - hiking up Mount Tenran for a picture of everyone in class - is a really nice idea by Aoi. Funny to see that everyone jumped on board with the idea. It also makes for an extra memorable picture. Did you take a picture at the end of school year? Maybe, but did you hike up your local hill with your entire class? Though I have to admit, it's a bit weird that everyone ignores Aoi. Sure, when you're walking in a group you talk and might not notice everything everyone says, but someone shouting from behind is hard to ignore. Even if it's Aoi, who is a bit more quiet compared to everyone else. At least she got her moment to shine at the top. Asking a fellow hiker to take your picture is something I have seen many times, so there is a good chance someone else will help you if you can't do it yourself.

After that they are on spring break. They even get to chance to hike up a mountain with Kokona, though I think it's cut shorter than it actually is. At least Hinata was able to find something to distract Aoi from the impending change of classes. And Honoka also got into the school she wanted to. Though it is her brother who seems the happiest about that.

But in the end, all the worrying gets her nowhere, Aoi and Hinata are separated into different classes. As someone has trouble making friends myself I'm definitely with Aoi on this one, getting separated is annoying. Thankfully I'm from a country where you don't change classes every year. Only when changing schools and in the final years where you don't have an actual class is when you get separated. At least Aoi knows someone in her class, that's probably a big plus. And it seems like there are quite a lot of people who are at least impressed by the fact that she goes hiking in the mountains and even made it (partially) up Mount Fuji. At least she isn't Kaede, who now is in the same class as Koharu.

A few adaption notes: The first part is one of the last chapters of volume 10. The first half of the main story is from volume 11 and is the chapter before the one that was adapted in the second half of last episode. The small hike in the middle is actually set after the chapter that was adapted in the first half of last episode. So watching the anime from manga perspective you'd have to watch episode 10.A, 9.B, 9.A and then 10.B. Thankfully, you don't realize any of that if you haven't read the manga. The second half of the main story is the first chapter from volume 12 and is actually set right before the time Aoi and Hikari went canoeing back in episode 6. So that's how far back it was moved. Quite interesting.
Dec 6, 2022 11:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice episode!

Say goodbye to the last school year, and hello at the new, with new friends ..... and ....adventures!!! kekeke
Dec 6, 2022 6:12 PM

Nov 2016
aaaa aoi as a leader!!! i love seeing her become a more confident young lady! :)
Dec 7, 2022 2:23 PM

Sep 2020
Nice to see Aoi's growth and she can be a leader too~Hinata is also here to help her out!
Dec 7, 2022 9:12 PM

Jul 2016
Why do they have to make Aoi's worries so relatable? lol
Anyways, good thing she could make a good first impression to her new classmates. Kasumi sure is a real one.
Dec 8, 2022 1:46 AM

Jul 2015
Aoi's development is amazing. Our girl grew so much.

Dec 10, 2022 2:29 AM

Oct 2017
Aoi's worries came true, she's apart from Hinata but it's a good situation for her growth. Also good to have more Kaede, it's sad that we've barely seen her this season. Need more of her but only two episodes left damn.
Dec 11, 2022 7:36 PM

May 2022
One of the best episodes yet. Aoi-chan is going to be okay. And another mountain girl season is beginning!
Dec 12, 2022 3:34 AM

Sep 2010
Seems like the perfect opportunity for Aoi to get a bit more time with Kasumi after not knowing she was in the same class for three years.

Aside, I find this kind of relatable. I've had people approach me before who had to remind me they were in one of my classes, or one of my flats, or met me at some meetup. >.<
Dec 12, 2022 11:37 AM

Jun 2016
Takata said:
Seems like the perfect opportunity for Aoi to get a bit more time with Kasumi after not knowing she was in the same class for three years.

Aside, I find this kind of relatable. I've had people approach me before who had to remind me they were in one of my classes, or one of my flats, or met me at some meetup. >.<

So true. I've definitely had similar moments. I feel like it's possible we all have
Dec 19, 2022 12:32 AM

Nov 2018
I was touched by how much Aoi has changed, especially her relationship with other people. I think the creators made a great job to show this change by inserting this small story at the end of Aoi's first high school year! It makes it so easy to compare her beginning of high school with the end of her first year! It's like a closed circle.

Kasumi actually prayed that she would be in the same class with Aoi again. Despite that, she gave me the impression that she didn't care.

I almost asked myself if it was not her the one who wished that they continued to be classmates. But I think this is just how Kasumi is. She doesn't show her emotions that easily.
KonokoAsadaDec 19, 2022 12:37 AM
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 25, 2022 2:44 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, no one listens to Aoi, everyone just wants to enjoy themselves.

Also, poor Boss, had to give away 3 boxes of sweets cause he can't deny Hikari, LOL

___ ___ ___

And then Aoi ends up in a different class, but gets placed with Kasumi.

Then Aoi goes all shy and awkward thinking she doesn't know anyone in the class to talk to. (going back to loner mode, lol)

While Hinata is being social friendly as ever, lol.

Good thing Kasumi helped Aoi broke the ice during the introduction.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 26, 2023 1:50 PM

May 2021
Was cool to see Aoi & Hinata hang out with some other classmates.
Jul 11, 2023 8:40 AM

Feb 2018
Looks like even if they're going to be in different classes it won't really change much!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2022

59 by fqdnl »»
Mar 16, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2022

62 by jpmc »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2022

33 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2022

25 by corvKa »»
Jul 11, 2023 10:47 AM

» Do i need to watch the prequels?

bezardo - Dec 20, 2022

5 by Piromysl »»
May 31, 2023 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.