Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2022 7:21 PM
Aug 2018
I can't for the life of me stop biting my hands and fingers. Had this problem when I was 14 and I started doing it again. My hands are covered in calluses and bite marks lol.

EDIT: don't mean finger nails I mean my actual hands and fingers
Cnut_the_GreatDec 7, 2022 2:01 PM

Dec 5, 2022 7:25 PM

Dec 2013
OCD
Keep checking if door is locked
Must be clean before on bed, keep washing hands and feet multiple times, then go for bed, feel there is urge to wash hands and feet again, and so on

Dec 5, 2022 7:30 PM
Aug 2018
philtecturophy said:
OCD
Keep checking if door is locked
Must be clean before on bed, keep washing hands and feet multiple times, then go for bed, feel there is urge to wash hands and feet again, and so on

I have OCD or what is probably OCD (not diagnosed)

Having to have everything look perfect, doing useless routines, was obsessed over the number 3 (had to do things 3 times), intrusive thoughts

It's gotten a lot better though. It doesn't really affect me that much anymore.

Dec 5, 2022 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
Grinding my teeth is one of my nervous habits. My jaw is a little sore all the time because of it.
Dec 5, 2022 8:29 PM

Oct 2020
Somewhat strict routine where i even time when to pee and drink water
Dec 6, 2022 12:26 AM

Aug 2018
for how lax my time is, I still have a strict routine if i dont follow it i end up breaking stuff 😞

Dec 6, 2022 12:32 AM

Jun 2017
I'm addicted to the snack called "Pirate Booty". I'm eating some as I write this comment. It is very unhealthy how much I eat of this snack
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dec 6, 2022 12:35 AM

Jun 2022
i kinda do literally twiddle my thumbs sometimes LOL and this was self imposed in highschool when i had ocd characteristics in that i became who i feared to be

anyways ive forgon my wwird habbits ajd addictions for good ones LOL alcohol and prescribed amphetamines. like now my weird habits if its not those, and it actually blthers anyone, ill go damn ill try to stop that if i can

ive got a lot of idiosyncrasies but i think theyre very neutal, not bad habits, just habits. ill wait for someone to not like them and then ill neee confirmation its me beibg the weirdo and not them for caring about it.
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 6, 2022 12:44 AM
Aug 2018
BigChef said:
I'm addicted to the snack called "Pirate Booty". I'm eating some as I write this comment. It is very unhealthy how much I eat of this snack

Lol pirate's booty is pretty good but it isn't what I would pick to eat an unhealthy amount of

Dec 6, 2022 12:46 AM

Jun 2017
The_Xicko said:
BigChef said:

Lol pirate's booty is pretty good but it isn't what I would pick to eat an unhealthy amount of

Just as an update: I finished my bag. Hope to curb myself of this addiction shortly LMAO
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dec 6, 2022 12:48 AM
Aug 2018
rian9999 said:
i kinda do literally twiddle my thumbs sometimes LOL and this was self imposed in highschool when i had ocd characteristics in that i became who i feared to be

anyways ive forgon my wwird habbits ajd addictions for good ones LOL alcohol and prescribed amphetamines. like now my weird habits if its not those, and it actually blthers anyone, ill go damn ill try to stop that if i can

ive got a lot of idiosyncrasies but i think theyre very neutal, not bad habits, just habits. ill wait for someone to not like them and then ill neee confirmation its me beibg the weirdo and not them for caring about it.

I get told to stop and I still do it lol

I swear my brain would be a valuable specimen for scientific research

I'm just so fucking weird

Dec 6, 2022 4:30 AM

Jan 2021
A habit, which might be common, I'm not sure, is that whenever I'm on a call or a videocall, the my hands need to be doing something. I'm ripping up random bits of paper, scrolling on my phone but not really looking at its content, fidgeting with a pen or pencil. It has to be something super mindless, so I can give the person I'm talking to, full attention. But I have to be fidgeting.

Tipsy and giddy, away with all the riddles
Unbeknown and unconsumed they shine
The heart of the fire rekindles
Without needing to cross any line
Dec 6, 2022 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
I had a weird habit in high school of cracking my jaw.
It actually scared the fuck out of a girl in my math lab. lmao
Dec 6, 2022 5:49 AM

Feb 2020
For habits, the main things are biting/picking the skin off my lips, and when I'm out I bunch my fingers into a fist and rub my thumb over my knuckles and fingers. I think both of these are stress/nervous related habits, even though I don't have as much stress in my life now, definitely they got worse when I did though.

Addictions probably Panchira JAV & buying Junko Enoshima merch lol
Dec 6, 2022 6:05 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Going barefoot outside when going home from school sometimes I guess.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 6, 2022 6:18 AM

Oct 2019
If I'm with a close someone and the room is cold, my first instinct is to touch that person's elbow because I just love the feeling of their cold, thicc meat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2022 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
The_Xicko said:
I can't for the life of me stop biting my hands and fingers. Had this problem when I was 14 and I started doing it again. My hands are covered in calluses and bite marks lol.
i had this habit too up until high school. then i started to grow out my nails to get motivation to leave them alone. that fixed the problem. it felt gross to bite such long nails.
Dec 6, 2022 12:27 PM
Aug 2018
Verthandi11 said:
The_Xicko said:
i had this habit too up until high school. then i started to grow out my nails to get motivation to leave them alone. that fixed the problem. it felt gross to bite such long nails.

I don't bite my nails I bite my fingers and my hands

Ig its similar but not really the same thing

Dec 6, 2022 1:42 PM

Dec 2015
Weird habit -> Whenever I open a package of chips I have to smell it and than taste the first chip without any ketchup or other dippers.

Addiction -> As my late father I do bite off my finger nails aswell as the skin around it so very often the area around my nails are covered in blood and wounds made by myself.
Dec 7, 2022 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
The_Xicko said:
Verthandi11 said:

oh wow i just assumed u meant nails. maybe u can keep ur hands lathered up with lotion which will keep u from biting them (disgusting taste, dint use cocoa butter!)
Dec 7, 2022 9:31 AM

Feb 2015
I'm a pacer, especially if I'm uneasy, but I also do the maladaptive daydream thing where I pace while listening to music for long periods of time. I also have a tendency to pick at my fingernails and run them underneath each other, but this one is pretty easily managed by keeping them short.
Dec 7, 2022 1:04 PM
Aug 2018
Verthandi11 said:
The_Xicko said:

oh wow i just assumed u meant nails. maybe u can keep ur hands lathered up with lotion which will keep u from biting them (disgusting taste, dint use cocoa butter!)

I would've said nails if that were the case. How would I get calluses and bite marks from biting my nails lol? Idk I can see where you're coming from though ofc since my habit is so strange and its similar to a common one. I mean I do bite my nails but not as a habit. I do it when they get too long because I'm too lazy to actually trim them

When it comes to putting lotion on I might just get used to the taste tbh but its probably worth a try
Cnut_the_GreatDec 7, 2022 2:07 PM

Dec 7, 2022 1:14 PM

May 2021
The_Xicko said:

Currently waiting for them to regrow so I can go for another round

Dec 7, 2022 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
for the past few years i develop this habit of sticking out my tongue but its a sign of tardive dyskinesia google says and its a side effect of neroleptics that i take daily
Dec 7, 2022 1:32 PM
Aug 2018
Spacewo said:
The_Xicko said:

Your hands and fingers can regrow?

Are you a mutant?

Cnut_the_GreatDec 7, 2022 2:30 PM

Dec 7, 2022 3:54 PM

May 2021
The_Xicko said:
Spacewo said:

Your hands and fingers can regrow?

Are you a mutant?

Well... You got me there

Dec 8, 2022 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
The_Xicko said:
Verthandi11 said:

I would've said nails if that were the case. How would I get calluses and bite marks from biting my nails lol? Idk I can see where you're coming from though ofc since my habit is so strange and its similar to a common one. I mean I do bite my nails but not as a habit. I do it when they get too long because I'm too lazy to actually trim them

When it comes to putting lotion on I might just get used to the taste tbh but its probably worth a try
yes yes i got it that u don't bite ur nails (though honestly u cud have gotten calluses on ur fingertips but that doesn't matter). good luck
Dec 8, 2022 11:24 AM
Aug 2018
Verthandi11 said:
The_Xicko said:

yes yes i got it that u don't bite ur nails (though honestly u cud have gotten calluses on ur fingertips but that doesn't matter). good luck

I was a little confused at first lol but I understand why people made the mistake

Thanks

More topics from this board

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

20 by Malkshake »»
4 minutes ago

» Planning a Spain Trip

redlockhigh - Apr 8

23 by Malkshake »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 1 hour ago

7 by rohan121 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 4 hours ago

10 by Malkshake »»
11 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

72 by KitsuFrost »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.