Forum Settings
Forums

Your favorite or just important shows that for some reason have ceased to be something personal and special for you.

New
Dec 5, 2022 6:03 AM

Apr 2012
Do you have an anime that you once cared about so much and participated in any serious discussions about it, but ended up gradually being able to move on for some reason and now just remember it as something left in the past? Was it caused by the end of the show or some events/changes that radically changed your attitude towards it?
Dec 5, 2022 6:29 AM

Jul 2016
I think my taste the exact same as when I started, but I'm too lazy to watch anime recently.
Dec 5, 2022 6:37 AM

Sep 2021
not really, most anime I loved are still shows I love
but there is something close if I can tone the scale down and that's MHA
at first I liked the show, thought it was pretty solid and kept up with it a bunch but gradually it just got worse for me, the reason I'm watching s6 now is cause I like being caught up with anime I already started

not a diss at MHA, if you still like it thats fine
Dec 5, 2022 6:42 AM

Feb 2020
I guess shounen anime in general. I just don't like it that much anymore.
Dec 5, 2022 6:44 AM

May 2019
I used to be a huge Naruto fan when i was young, i had all the games and dvds and some merch (Pre 2012) but then after i discovered Queen's Blade in 2012, Naruto stopped being cool in my eyes and i gradually stopped watching it and never looked back ever since.
Dec 5, 2022 6:45 AM

Oct 2010
one piece of course but I said everything about my problems with it, it's all in the past, I'm just waiting for it to to be axed
Dec 5, 2022 1:49 PM

Jan 2020
The first anime (that I knew was anime) I ever watched was Hetalia around age 10/11. I hate the show now, as I got older I guess I noticed how weird the concept was. In general I also just found better comedies and more shows that "speak to me" if that makes sense

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Dec 5, 2022 1:51 PM

Jun 2017
That's how i was with Dragon Ball. It was huge for me for a long time but i genuinely lost interest in it completelely.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Dec 5, 2022 4:53 PM

Jul 2021
I used to love Devilman Crybaby. It was once my favorite anime and I re-watched it like three times. Nowadays I don't really care about it.
Dec 5, 2022 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
I used to like one piece. now that I understand what good writing is, I hope one piece get axed soon.
Dec 5, 2022 5:40 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Rosario + Vampire, I think. First harem I watched, and one of the few at that. I still really like Mizore, as a character, and I don't regret watching it, or anything. But it's problems are a bit more defined as I attempted to watch it back. Apparently the manga is better, though.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 5, 2022 9:38 PM

Oct 2008
Jyu-Oh-Sei - the only description I can give is "Dr. Stone", but good.

Tatakau Shisho - What every secret organization in anime should aim to be.

Shinsekai yori - atmospheric and enthralling.

There are more, but I shouldn't go overboard.
Dec 5, 2022 9:51 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
Nothing in the anime realm. Personally I think its a little lame if someone does that, at least from how I am interpreting the question.

For a show that was a favorite or otherwise special when I first watched it, I don't forget that feeling, even if I realize I may not like it as much if I watched it again.
Dec 5, 2022 10:16 PM

Aug 2019
This has happened to me with a manga that I really liked for a long time but then I reread it recently and it didn't hit as much as I wanted to. It was a disappointing feeling that I didn't want to happen but it did. And I know if I were to go back and rewatch some animes that I watched towards the beginning that I wouldn't be as into them now as I was then. Not that they were ever my favorites, but one example would be "Ouran High School Host Club." I remembered being so dazzled when I watched the first episode but then a few years ago I watched that episode again with my sister and I was just annoyed most of the time. However, for the most part the animes that meant a lot to me back then still do in some capacity. Things haven't changed enough to warrant mentioning anything specific.
Dec 5, 2022 11:58 PM

May 2018
"have ceased to be something personal and special for you"

Countless shows, it's kind of pointless to try to list them...also this is a natural process.
Dec 9, 2022 12:58 PM

Oct 2019
Death Note. I used to be so obsessed with it that I was literally the stereotypical Jojo fan who's like "is that a jojo reference??!!!?" but with Death Note. But now I just kind of don't really care about it anymore. I barely think about it, and because of that I always forget just how good Death Note was and just how much I enjoyed it. It makes me kinda sad ;-;

More topics from this board

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
13 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
3 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

65 by Ratris_Decision »»
14 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
18 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

19 by Zarutaku »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.