Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2022 6:11 PM
Dec 2020
I love how there was actually suspense and how it was entertaining the whole way through with an ending
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2022 6:20 PM

Jul 2019
I recommend you watch Kaiji if you want pure suspense.

Dec 4, 2022 6:36 PM
Mar 2022
There are lots of animes as entertaining as this
Dec 4, 2022 6:44 PM
Nov 2020
if you're looking for shows with similar time looping suspense elements check out steins gate, madoka magica, re:zero, or erased.

other great suspenseful shows: attack on titan, shinsekai yori, monster
Dec 4, 2022 6:55 PM
Jan 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
I love how there was actually suspense and how it was entertaining the whole way through with an ending

I recommend Another
Dec 4, 2022 6:58 PM
Dec 2020
movingcolors said:
if you're looking for shows with similar time looping suspense elements check out steins gate, madoka magica, re:zero, or erased.

other great suspenseful shows: attack on titan, shinsekai yori, monster

i literally seen all of those and i thought madoka and shinsekai yori are some of the worst anime ive watched
Dec 4, 2022 6:59 PM
Dec 2020
Probs said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

I recommend Another

i didnt like it...
Dec 4, 2022 6:59 PM
Oct 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

If you liked it I would suggest: Shiki, Higurashi, Madoka Magica and Vivy
Dec 4, 2022 7:00 PM
Dec 2020
LordSozin said:
I recommend you watch Kaiji if you want pure suspense.

oh yea theres a dub now i should get around to watching it
Dec 4, 2022 7:00 PM
Dec 2020
StarDustE621 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

i liked vivy i hated madoka and i can tell i wont like the other 2
Dec 4, 2022 7:03 PM
Jan 2021
Now look i hate disrespecting other people tastes but mate i gave ur list an look and oh man do u have a grabage taste one of the best animes you've given below 5 thats just bizarre
Dec 4, 2022 7:10 PM
Oct 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
StarDustE621 said:

I would suggest giving them a try but its ok. Its kinda hard to find animes like summertime render because is very unique imo.As last I can reccomend Made in Abyss and Baccano
Dec 4, 2022 7:16 PM
Dec 2020
StarDustE621 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

I would suggest giving them a try but its ok. Its kinda hard to find animes like summertime render because is very unique imo.As last I can reccomend Made in Abyss and Baccano

i watched both already
Dec 4, 2022 7:28 PM
Oct 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
StarDustE621 said:

i watched both already

Oh I see, watched your list and I guess we have completely different tastes so I'm all out of suggestions for now xd
Dec 4, 2022 7:39 PM
Sep 2022
Parasyte is one you could try
Dec 4, 2022 7:44 PM
Dec 2020
Kher_8 said:
Parasyte is one you could try

watched it already
Dec 5, 2022 12:55 AM
Jan 2021
wow only 1 person said higurashi. bro summertime render is literally faster paced higurashi with supernatural aliens. higurashi is really good plz plz watch it
Dec 5, 2022 2:21 AM

Apr 2020
Like loads, each and every season. Yes.^^
Dec 5, 2022 2:35 AM
Aug 2020
re-zero copied i think but in this anime this guy had limit of coming back from death
Dec 5, 2022 3:14 AM
Aug 2022
Re Zero , or erased (i didnt saw the anime but i heard is good )
Dec 5, 2022 3:42 AM
Dec 2020
BiteShot said:
re-zero copied i think but in this anime this guy had limit of coming back from death

this copied re zero tho i also watched it and its pretty forgettable
Dec 5, 2022 3:44 AM
Dec 2020
TheSoaringDingo said:
wow only 1 person said higurashi. bro summertime render is literally faster paced higurashi with supernatural aliens. higurashi is really good plz plz watch it

i watched an episode of highrashi and its one of the worst anime ive watched im not continuing it
Dec 5, 2022 3:45 AM
Dec 2020
Edybucur15 said:
Re Zero , or erased (i didnt saw the anime but i heard is good )

watched both already
Dec 5, 2022 7:25 AM
Jun 2022
I recommend you monster,JJBA , Vinland Saga,Steins Gate , Cowboy Bebop, Hunter hunter,
Life-PurifierDec 5, 2022 7:30 AM
Dec 5, 2022 7:43 AM
Nov 2020
LMAO, my man is rejecting every single recommendation. go through aniplus, mal recommendations or stacks or something.

edit : average score of 5. do you even enjoy what you watch ?
Dec 5, 2022 9:18 AM
Oct 2021
TheSoaringDingo said:

Bro I was LAUGHING OUT LOUD in the first episodes because it was literally that ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Dec 5, 2022 9:19 AM

Sep 2020
Summertime meandering and the word "entertaining" should not be in the same sentence.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 5, 2022 9:19 AM
Oct 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
TheSoaringDingo said:

i watched an episode of highrashi and its one of the worst anime ive watched im not continuing it

Oh that explains it :P
Dec 5, 2022 2:43 PM
Jan 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
TheSoaringDingo said:

bro because you only saw one episode. you are the average normie who drops it before it gets good. if you watch to episode 3 and dont like it then drop it i guess and dont experience peak
Dec 5, 2022 2:43 PM
Jan 2021
StarDustE621 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

yep sure as hell does
Dec 5, 2022 3:01 PM
Dec 2020
Life-Purifier said:
I recommend you monster,JJBA , Vinland Saga,Steins Gate , Cowboy Bebop, Hunter hunter,

watched all of them
Dec 5, 2022 3:03 PM
Dec 2020
TheSoaringDingo said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

bro because you only saw one episode. you are the average normie who drops it before it gets good. if you watch to episode 3 and dont like it then drop it i guess and dont experience peak

i already watched the first 2 episodes 3 times its equally as boring
Dec 5, 2022 3:03 PM
Dec 2020
TheSoaringDingo said:
StarDustE621 said:

yep sure as hell does

im not allowed to not like somthing??
Dec 5, 2022 3:39 PM
Jan 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
TheSoaringDingo said:

yep sure as hell does

im not allowed to not like somthing??

yeah when its 7th expansion
Dec 5, 2022 3:39 PM
Jan 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
TheSoaringDingo said:

why did oyu watch them 3 times??? also just finish at least 3 episodes. if you see 2 episodes three times why not just see 6 episodes 1 time?
Dec 5, 2022 3:41 PM
Dec 2020
TheSoaringDingo said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

why did oyu watch them 3 times??? also just finish at least 3 episodes. if you see 2 episodes three times why not just see 6 episodes 1 time?

they were months apart and i cant remember it

i hate gorefest anime wuth no plot which ive herad this anime is just gore and gore anime are boring
Dec 5, 2022 3:47 PM
Oct 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
TheSoaringDingo said:

i hate gorefest anime wuth no plot which ive herad this anime is just gore and gore anime are boring

Higurashi does in fact have a plot, I'd call Another a gorefest instead
Dec 5, 2022 3:51 PM
Dec 2020
StarDustE621 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

oh well if an anime doesn't hook you in 2 episodes theres no point

nobody actually follows "the 3 episode" rule if it doesn't hook you in 5 minutes you're dropping it
Dec 5, 2022 4:02 PM
Oct 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
StarDustE621 said:

nobody actually follows "the 3 episode" rule if it doesn't hook you in 5 minutes you're dropping it

Just a dumb way to judge a show for me, every series is different with its pacing and way to tell the story, not every anime has to hook you in the same amount of time. If you don't like the characters or the tone thats fine, but the "it didn't hook me in the first 2 episodes" mentality just doesn't make sense, you will miss out on amazing series constantly because of it.

No one is forcing you to watch it but you have to at least know what you're talking about
Dec 5, 2022 4:06 PM
Dec 2020
StarDustE621 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

Just a dumb way to judge a show for me, every series is different with its pacing and way to tell the story, not every anime has to hook you in the same amount of time. If you don't like the characters or the tone thats fine, but the "it didn't hook me in the first 2 episodes" mentality just doesn't make sense, you will miss out on amazing series constantly because of it.

No one is forcing you to watch it but you have to at least know what you're talking about

yea nobody is forcing but i keep getting told to

and i hate boring shows that i can tell dont appel to me
Dec 5, 2022 4:14 PM
Apr 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
TheSoaringDingo said:

Higurashi is easily better than Summertime Render but only if you read the visual novel. SR > Higurashi anime.
Dec 5, 2022 4:14 PM
Dec 2020
Mareetaa said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

Higurashi is easily better than Summertime Render but only if you read the visual novel. SR > Higurashi anime.

i only watch anime so...
Dec 5, 2022 7:47 PM

Oct 2020
Bro, what exactly are you looking for from Summertime Rendering? I'm guessing you're not into slow burner, mystery stuff from the answers you're rejecting (Higurashi and Shin-Sekai Yori a no-go, eh?). Do you mean more action/suspense? How about:
1. Baccano (Crazy people meeting on a train)
2. Durarara ("Ordinary" people in city all have dark secrets)
3. Steins;Gate (Time travel shenanigans)
4. YU-NO (Dimension hopping that turns into fantasy rpg)
5. Tokyo Ghoul (This will keep you busy...)
6. Kokkoku (Time-stop anime. Most of it happens in a fraction of a second)
7. Code Geass (Mecha anime meets genius with witch-powers)
8. MIrai Nikki (Battle royal to become God but with cell phone powers)
9. Danganronpa (Students trapped in school and must identify killer or all die)
10. Talentless Nana (Serial killer infiltrates superhero school)

I know these descriptions are... terrible, but I'm trying not to spoil them. Hope these help.

Dec 5, 2022 10:46 PM
Apr 2021
Summer Time Rendering is my AOTY this year and Vivy Flourite Eyes Song was my AOTY last year but seems you already watched it how about watching Oddtaxi, Akudama Drive, Lycoris Recoil, Trigun 1998 + Trigun Badlands Rumble 2010, the movie is very well animated. The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Sonny Boy, Moriarty the Patriot or Black Lagoon those are some off the top of my head that I think you’d like and maybe you’ve never seen yet๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
Dec 5, 2022 10:57 PM
Apr 2021
TheSoaringDingo said:
StarDustE621 said:

yep sure as hell does

Bro gave Akira and Serial Experiments Lain a 1…and he gave cowboy bebop a 5 and tons of other great shows a rating of 6 and below + has a mean score of 5.19…does bro enjoy the shit he watches?๐Ÿ˜ญ I’ve never seen a person watch stuff that they aren’t gonna enjoy like why would anyone do that to themselves???๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
Dec 6, 2022 4:41 AM
Dec 2020
Treyv0n said:
TheSoaringDingo said:

yep sure as hell does

Bro gave Akira and Serial Experiments Lain a 1…and he gave cowboy bebop a 5 and tons of other great shows a rating of 6 and below + has a mean score of 5.19…does bro enjoy the shit he watches?๐Ÿ˜ญ I’ve never seen a person watch stuff that they aren’t gonna enjoy like why would anyone do that to themselves???๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€

people including you, always recommends those shows and calls them masterpieces so when i can tell i wont like them but i get pressured to watch it and hate it because its boring and disappointed
Dec 6, 2022 4:42 AM
Dec 2020
Treyv0n said:
Summer Time Rendering is my AOTY this year and Vivy Flourite Eyes Song was my AOTY last year but seems you already watched it how about watching Oddtaxi, Akudama Drive, Lycoris Recoil, Trigun 1998 + Trigun Badlands Rumble 2010, the movie is very well animated. The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Sonny Boy, Moriarty the Patriot or Black Lagoon those are some off the top of my head that I think you’d like and maybe you’ve never seen yet๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

alot of those i tried and were extremely boring
vivy was nice tho
Dec 6, 2022 4:44 AM
Dec 2020
Mist878 said:
Bro, what exactly are you looking for from Summertime Rendering? I'm guessing you're not into slow burner, mystery stuff from the answers you're rejecting (Higurashi and Shin-Sekai Yori a no-go, eh?). Do you mean more action/suspense? How about:
1. Baccano (Crazy people meeting on a train)
2. Durarara ("Ordinary" people in city all have dark secrets)
3. Steins;Gate (Time travel shenanigans)
4. YU-NO (Dimension hopping that turns into fantasy rpg)
5. Tokyo Ghoul (This will keep you busy...)
6. Kokkoku (Time-stop anime. Most of it happens in a fraction of a second)
7. Code Geass (Mecha anime meets genius with witch-powers)
8. MIrai Nikki (Battle royal to become God but with cell phone powers)
9. Danganronpa (Students trapped in school and must identify killer or all die)
10. Talentless Nana (Serial killer infiltrates superhero school)

I know these descriptions are... terrible, but I'm trying not to spoil them. Hope these help.

i watched/ attempted to watch them
Dec 6, 2022 5:26 AM
Jan 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
Treyv0n said:

people including you, always recommends those shows and calls them masterpieces so when i can tell i wont like them but i get pressured to watch it and hate it because its boring and disappointed

u just dont know what u are saying.
Dec 6, 2022 5:32 AM
Dec 2020
TheSoaringDingo said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

u just dont know what u are saying.

i dont like boring anime that keeps getting recommended
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» [Spoilers] So how did Ushio get... ?

SabreDrago - Sep 23, 2022

25 by Cyrose »»
Today, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

339 by Humaneky »»
Apr 20, 7:29 AM

» Ushiro and Shinpei

janayoo - Apr 5

10 by aniart_nation »»
Apr 10, 5:43 PM

» One of The Best Anime I've seen in along time ( 1 2 )

Californiaa - Sep 16, 2023

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 2, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

121 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 17, 10:47 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.