Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2022 11:58 PM
Oct 2021
The first roughly 50 chapters of the manga are what is covered in the 12-13 episodes of tokyo ghoul re season 1. Is that an absurd amount of chapters to cover in that amount of time? Yes. Did it cut out any major things? No.

People need to stop lying to themselves and just admit they didnt like re because of the new cast of characters around Kaneki. Is re a downgrade? yes. is it deserving of a score above 6.5? clearly yes

i aint going to defend the trainwreck of s2 tho
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 12:20 AM
Sep 2020
EXACTLY ๐Ÿ’ฏ that's what I've been trying to say to everyone who hates on it.
Dec 4, 2022 12:54 AM
Apr 2018
The thing that sets Tokyo Ghoul apart is the ability of Ishida to display so many ranges of emotions with his art. The anime doesn't even try to do it justice. It's like they took the aroma out of food.
Dec 4, 2022 1:06 AM
Oct 2021
wizgeist said:
The thing that sets Tokyo Ghoul apart is the ability of Ishida to display so many ranges of emotions with his art. The anime doesn't even try to do it justice. It's like they took the aroma out of food.

idk, i think tokyo ghoul is one of the manga where sometimes its even difficult to tell whats going on in the scenes. fights can be extremely difficult to understand sometimes in the manga

in a perfect world, it could be uncensored. but no anime has ever gone uncensored
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 1:57 AM
Sep 2021
onionboys said:
The first roughly 50 chapters of the manga are what is covered in the 12-13 episodes of tokyo ghoul re season 1. Is that an absurd amount of chapters to cover in that amount of time? Yes. Did it cut out any major things? No.

People need to stop lying to themselves and just admit they didnt like re because of the new cast of characters around Kaneki. Is re a downgrade? yes. is it deserving of a score above 6.5? clearly yes

I was really surprised to see how faithful the first season of re was. And I actually don’t think it should have been like that. The previous season was (as per ishidas request) anime original. Therefore if we go back to covering the manga then there’s missing context (such as the battle with Arima which was hinted but not shown). So it should have just kept going anime original instead of having a faithful yet rushed adaptation
As for the second part, even the manga is a trainwreck in its final arc so they just started cutting shit that wouldn’t fit in 12 episodes. It’s a shame the higherups forced the studio to make 12 episodes per season. If they had more time perhaps they could have added stuff to make the whole dragon arc better
Dec 4, 2022 2:23 AM
Oct 2021
VeryGhoul said:
onionboys said:

I was really surprised to see how faithful the first season of re was. And I actually don’t think it should have been like that. The previous season was (as per ishidas request) anime original. Therefore if we go back to covering the manga then there’s missing context (such as the battle with Arima which was hinted but not shown). So it should have just kept going anime original instead of having a faithful yet rushed adaptation
As for the second part, even the manga is a trainwreck in its final arc so they just started cutting shit that wouldn’t fit in 12 episodes. It’s a shame the higherups forced the studio to make 12 episodes per season. If they had more time perhaps they could have added stuff to make the whole dragon arc better

the washuu was the downfall of tokyo ghoul.
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 2:30 AM
Sep 2021
onionboys said:
VeryGhoul said:

Nah. Ishida did an excellent job with the washu conspiracy. Where Tokyo Ghoul fucked up was around re vol9 (or 10. I don’t remember when these things appeared in the story) when the first one eyed king was shown. Like yeah I know it’s introducing the idea of the dragon but it was never explored further and it was one of the many pointless things added in the story around the final arc
To be fair Ishida says at the end of the final volume that he rushed the ending cause he was pretty much dying while writing Tokyo Ghoul so I can’t really blame him for not being able to flesh out his ideas
Dec 4, 2022 2:32 AM
Oct 2021
VeryGhoul said:
onionboys said:

Nah. Ishida did an excellent job with the washu conspiracy. Where Tokyo Ghoul fucked up was around re vol9 (or 10. I don’t remember when these things appeared in the story) when the first one eyed king was shown. Like yeah I know it’s introducing the idea of the dragon but it was never explored further and it was one of the many pointless things added in the story around the final arc
To be fair Ishida says at the end of the final volume that he rushed the ending cause he was pretty much dying while writing Tokyo Ghoul so I can’t really blame him for not being able to flesh out his ideas

the story line of an evil corporation like the washuu is extremely overdone in the entertainment medium. Ishida clearly wanted an absolute evil villain to end with.

it would have been much better to see how Kaneki would unite the world without more battling
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 3:20 AM
Oct 2019
Season 1 is well adapted, the rest isn't. Which is why we need a remake one day ๐Ÿ™
Dec 4, 2022 3:36 AM
Nov 2022
Y_Mc said:
I binged watch the entirety of re and I don't think I could quite tell you what was going on a lot of the time. This didn't happen with the season 1 or root A. The animation was also extremely bad imo. I think it deserves less than 6.5

True. It’s not worthy of the original tokyo ghoul at all.
Dec 4, 2022 12:05 PM
Oct 2021
Y_Mc said:
I binged watch the entirety of re and I don't think I could quite tell you what was going on a lot of the time. This didn't happen with the season 1 or root A. The animation was also extremely bad imo. I think it deserves less than 6.5

the plot of re season 1 is not complex at all so im not sure where u possibly got stuck on.

Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 12:09 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
@onionboys

Who cares about faithful adaptations if vA was the best season of Tokyo Ghoul.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Dec 4, 2022 4:01 PM
Mar 2021
I honestly loved the first season of re:, the new characters were awesome
Dec 5, 2022 7:00 AM
Oct 2020
I feel like they didn’t do Sasaki or the Q squad justice. There were a lot of important moments in the manga that demonstrated how selfless and caring he was and they just cut a lot of them from the anime. Small details like how he touches his chin when he lies about being happy with the CCG, and how he goes into a full bow to thank other investigators for helping him. They included these scenes in the anime but removed the actions that gave Sasaki his personality. This was a running theme for pretty much all of the characters in the show - Ishida makes his characters feel like real people but the anime seems to just flatten out their personalities.
It also felt pretty rushed, like they would go over four or more chapters per episode which is a lot to cover, and impossible to include all of the essential parts of the storytelling in that time, so they just cut pieces out. Most of the time what seems to be cut out is the characters thoughts and deliberations over their situation, over the moral decisions they’re facing, and their personal goals - once again sacrificing their personalities for…something? I don’t know what we got in return. As a result, the pacing feels really confused and there’s very little emotional payout in the show because we aren’t told anything about the characters’ inner lives. The wins and losses don’t feel as impactful at all.
And then the animation was real bad, which usually wouldn’t be too much of an issue for me but Ishida creates incredibly beautiful panels tokyo ghoul re: that translated awfully into the anime
Dec 6, 2022 10:01 AM
Jul 2021
hard disagree (character limit)
Dec 6, 2022 5:22 PM
Oct 2021
teezpussy said:

non binary, 2005, AND demon slayer in favs? yea i promise u we aint value your disagreement at all
Candy:
Dec 6, 2022 11:03 PM
Jul 2021
onionboys said:
teezpussy said:

non binary, 2005, AND demon slayer in favs? yea i promise u we aint value your disagreement at all

damn bro is nasty for no reason. get a grip loser
Dec 6, 2022 11:30 PM
Oct 2021
teezpussy said:
onionboys said:

damn bro is nasty for no reason. get a grip loser

Candy:
Jan 31, 2023 11:33 AM
Nov 2022
yeah it's a faithful adaption, but it was boring with new cast garbage charachter( i mean quinx sqaud like mutsuki and shirazo...)
also alot of story holes
and so much bad things that i don't remember

tokyo ghoul re was so bad even manga.
after chpater 50 it gets better but not enough
Feb 3, 2023 10:47 PM

Dec 2021
But the direction was COMPLETE CLUSTERFUCK, they removed so many key parts

It was nauseating to watch my favourite characters become complete joke
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.