Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 4, 2022 3:26 PM
Apr 2021
Half the episode was just unnecessary flashbacks of Brook's past. The whole episode honesty felt like a drag except for the small snippet of Robin vs Black Maria.
Dec 4, 2022 8:11 PM

Sep 2015
StateofOhayo said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Wait but what about Black Marias animated scene?

does that make up for 100 episodes of absolutely nothing happening? people running around and flashbacks? this entire arc could be covered in 20 minutes and yet here we are. by the time this arc ends i'll be collecting social security. i would literally rather watch paint dry while bathing in fire than spend one more second on this horrible arc. at this point all of international law is on the table because this is literal torture.

On the most goated episode, which was 1015, you quoted that "waste of time, just stalling because they ran out of ideas" which implies you literally skimmed through it. Not knowing what you watched. SO YOU are telling me that they are stalling despite that the title card is RIGHT after the opening, while the most WELL RECEIVED director, Ishitani Megumi and the team spent so much months making this episode, was a waste of time? The directing, visuals, and the idea added in by Ishitani herself, and the best ending to the episode, everything about it was immaculate, oh let me guess, you skimmed through 1017 as well. Not going to bother wasting time checking on that.

So I can not really take your opinion serious either. And looking back at your comments on certain episodes you watched on how "nothing happened" and having to go back to watch it myself, i'm confused.Because one of the pre-timeskip episodes of Luffy fighting Sonia and Mari I watched that you claimed "nothing happend".

Yes I know the pacing adapted only half the chapters since the raid from the start of act 3, but seeing all the plots and twists and build ups, answers before act 3 and saying nothing happend? really? You are clearly over exaggerating, if you're not, then you are either the worst liar ever or didn't pay attention (because you skimmed everything under a few weeks).

If you REALLY want to see how nothing happens, then read long running romcoms, or even worse, Rent a girlfriend, 200 chapters of literally NOTHING happening with the same formula, zero character development since chapter 1, and etc.

AhriTheS3xyFoxDec 4, 2022 8:39 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 4, 2022 8:46 PM

Dec 2018
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
StateofOhayo said:

does that make up for 100 episodes of absolutely nothing happening? people running around and flashbacks? this entire arc could be covered in 20 minutes and yet here we are. by the time this arc ends i'll be collecting social security. i would literally rather watch paint dry while bathing in fire than spend one more second on this horrible arc. at this point all of international law is on the table because this is literal torture.

On the most goated episode, which was 1015, you quoted that "waste of time, just stalling because they ran out of ideas" which implies you literally skimmed through it. Not knowing what you watched. SO YOU are telling me that they are stalling despite that the title card is RIGHT after the opening, while the most WELL RECEIVED director, Ishitani Megumi and the team spent so much months making this episode, was a waste of time? The directing, visuals, and the idea added in by Ishitani herself, and the best ending to the episode, everything about it was immaculate, oh let me guess, you skimmed through 1017 as well. Not going to bother wasting time checking on that.

So I can not really take your opinion serious either. And looking back at your comments on certain episodes you watched on how "nothing happened" and having to go back to watch it myself, i'm confused.Because one of the pre-timeskip episodes of Luffy fighting Sonia and Mari I watched that you claimed "nothing happend".

Yes I know the pacing adapted only half the chapters since the raid from the start of act 3, but seeing all the plots and twists and build ups, answers before act 3 and saying nothing happend? really? You are clearly over exaggerating, if you're not, then you are either the worst liar ever or didn't pay attention (because you skimmed everything under a few weeks).

If you REALLY want to see how nothing happens, then read long running romcoms, or even worse, Rent a girlfriend, 200 chapters of literally NOTHING happening with the same formula, zero character development since chapter 1, and etc.

not a fan of romcoms normally, because the romance and the comedy are usually both trash. not much of any real consequence has happened and honestly a lot of the fights have been boring in the most disappointing manner. i want to like this show because i do like the characters and main plot, it's just that honestly watching 20 episodes of people splitting up and running around it just ridiculously obtuse at this point and a serious stain on the series. like i've said entire arcs can be handled in like 6 to 12 episodes AT THE MOST but not 60. it's not just a stain on a good story but on all of anime. also watching several minutes of people talking to each other and slow action sequences is not a good fight. it's just boring.
Dec 4, 2022 9:16 PM

Sep 2015
StateofOhayo said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

not a fan of romcoms normally, because the romance and the comedy are usually both trash. not much of any real consequence has happened and honestly a lot of the fights have been boring in the most disappointing manner. i want to like this show because i do like the characters and main plot, it's just that honestly watching 20 episodes of people splitting up and running around it just ridiculously obtuse at this point and a serious stain on the series. like i've said entire arcs can be handled in like 6 to 12 episodes AT THE MOST but not 60. it's not just a stain on a good story but on all of anime. also watching several minutes of people talking to each other and slow action sequences is not a good fight. it's just boring.

Read the manga then, if not then drop this, no one is forcing you to stay, if you are just trying to prove to someone over a hobby, you are clearly wasting time worrying, being open-minded, or whichever your reason is for continuing this. Time is short, remember that.

The mangas pacing will go very quickly for you.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 4, 2022 11:38 PM

Mar 2015
Good episode, nice to see flashes of Brook now. Black Maria is sexy as heck!

Luffy taking his time getting back into the action, but he's making steps!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 5, 2022 9:38 AM
Mar 2021
Always nothing important happens c:
Dec 5, 2022 5:05 PM
Dec 2022
Why is the intro 6 minutes?
Dec 6, 2022 3:37 AM

Jul 2016
StateofOhayo said:
small44 said:

You seem to not watch a lot of terrible show

i try to avoid or drop them asap; the issue with this show is the pacing. this easily could have been wrapped up in 100 episodes and yet it's still going. probably going to hit 1200 at least. just an absolute bastardization of the medium. it has great moments but they are becoming fewer and farther between. it's not the content per se, but the fact that only 30 seconds MAYBE out of a 24 minute episode have any relation to the overall plot.

Lol. And yet here you are.
Dec 6, 2022 6:55 AM
May 2021
It was a goood episode.
Dec 6, 2022 8:43 AM

Dec 2018
Vindicater said:
StateofOhayo said:

i try to avoid or drop them asap; the issue with this show is the pacing. this easily could have been wrapped up in 100 episodes and yet it's still going. probably going to hit 1200 at least. just an absolute bastardization of the medium. it has great moments but they are becoming fewer and farther between. it's not the content per se, but the fact that only 30 seconds MAYBE out of a 24 minute episode have any relation to the overall plot.

Lol. And yet here you are.

i had the patience to get through war and peace by leo tolstoy, but even this is testing my patience. but if i'm into a story i won't just easily give up. the fact that i've made it this far gives me every right to complain.
Dec 6, 2022 12:04 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Very good episode and the next one is looking even more promising.
Dec 6, 2022 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
Well honestly Luffy and the Strawhats wouldn't have gotten this far without a bit of luck.
Dec 6, 2022 10:48 PM
Aug 2021
the pace was ok this time
Dec 7, 2022 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
Not as bad as last episode, at least not as many flashbacks. Robin's new ability looked impressive, but was not really effective.
Dec 7, 2022 10:46 AM
Jun 2021
FUCKING GOOD ANIME
Dec 8, 2022 4:59 AM
Oct 2021
Next Episode Gonna Banger!! 🔥🔥
Can't wait!! 😤😤
Dec 9, 2022 7:31 AM
Jul 2022
It was great like every other episode.
Dec 9, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2008
They better not crap on the end of this fight like they did with Franky.
Dec 10, 2022 8:50 PM
Dec 2019
Luffy looks like he's almost ready to join again. It'll be sick to see Momo become a dragon and fly Luffy up to Onigashima.
Dec 11, 2022 8:03 PM

Jul 2021
The Binks no sake will never fail to make me to non stop singing, being played repeatedly for the fucks they want, I just enjoy people singing this song lol Brook's past got me emotional solely because of this so glad they showcased his backstory. Anyways though Black Maria vs Robin so far looking powerful. Luffy is gradually back in the game yet again and had a such a convo with Momo. Caribou in the quarter end thou lol where did he get all that food
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 17, 2022 11:48 AM
Oct 2021
perfectperfectperfectperfectperfectperfectperfectperfectperfect
Dec 18, 2022 5:06 AM
Mar 2019
Man I love how Brook was handled in this episode. Also didn't rememebr Caribou clutching the Onigashima raid with feeding Luffy.
Dec 19, 2022 6:59 PM
May 2020
I was worried they were going to change it and make it look like Brook had to fight his way out of Black Maria's spell, but they just did a flashback and kept the story going. I am so relieved.
Also, Luffy is awake!
Dec 28, 2022 9:48 AM
May 2017
dssdef fgregsc hrthasd fgfgrWWEF
Dec 29, 2022 6:33 PM

Dec 2013
Of course, Brook got his own flashback...

This new giant naked Robin doesn't seem too effective so far.
Feb 3, 2023 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
Black Maria is so hot whenever she attacks! Her armpits are beautiful too. I want to lick them!
I underestimated her. I thought she'd get her ass beat by Robin in a few episodes. She's a bit more powerful than expected.
Feb 3, 2023 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
1st half was emotinal. Binks shake is always Goated! Brook was awesome in this episode.
Feb 13, 2023 2:03 AM

Feb 2021
Lol that Luffy is still hungry after eat all food reserve XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 4, 2023 3:07 AM

Mar 2020
Seeing the Rumbar Pirates and hearing Binks Sake after so many episodes too!!!
Its been so long since we got Robin and Brook centered episodes
But the flashbacks are a bit much, even though they are emotional
But man that weapon though
Tobi Roppo built different
Brook being as dependable and understanding as ever

What was that sudden change with the aspect ratio in Luffy and Momo's part though
Happy to see Luffy is awake too, with the power of meat
And he's being serious and mature to Momo too, love him for it
And I almost forgot Caribou was supposed to be around here
What a homoerotic recap with Caribou and Luffy tho
I am thinking about how Luffy would be able to fly on Momo's dragon form though, and it sounds hilarious

I LITERALLY JUMPED AS SOON AS I HEARD ROBIN'S THEME IN THE EYECATCHER
THEY FINALLY BROUGHT BACK CHARACTER THEMED FLASHBACKS
I HAVE MISSED THESE THEMES SO MUCH THROUGHOUT WANO
I AM LITERALLY SO HAPPY
Jul 21, 2023 12:58 AM
Aug 2020
I love it so very much!
Jul 23, 2023 3:54 AM

Mar 2016
The first half of the ep is similar to the previous ep, but we're seeing some progress in the second half. 

Robin is finally going 1 vs 1 with Black Maria and Momo along with Shinobu is reunited with the now critically weakened Luffy. Thankfully Caribou JUST WSO HAPPEN to pass by with a mountain of food stored under his mud shit.
Jul 23, 2023 11:04 AM
May 2020
bro just wants some more meat no homo
Nov 20, 2023 10:59 AM

Aug 2021
It's sad that the reason the mist didn't work on brook was because he used to hallucinate about his crew being alive during his 50 years in the triangle. Caribou to the clutch, giving Luffy all the food he has saved up.
Dec 30, 2023 11:50 AM
Aug 2022
slow a lot slow episode. nothing really happened of much. but loved luffy and momo part next few gonna be fire for new watchers
Dec 30, 2023 11:50 AM
Aug 2022
slow a lot slow episode. nothing really happened of much. but loved luffy and momo part next few gonna be fire for new watchers
Jan 25, 12:23 AM
Jan 2020
I can’t wait to see Luffy flying on Momo!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.