Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2022 10:31 AM

Mar 2020
Reunion are coming in droves, but Ch'en showed how strong she was, as well as Lungmen, both of which seem a bit more trustworthy after watching this episode. Unfortunately, Misha got taken by Reunion, because of something surrounding her father, which is quite the development. The action scenes were definitely a joy to see as well. Glad to see the production has been pretty consistent thus far.

With Misha captured, Ch'en's goal is simply to exterminate Reunion, and her and Misha's newfound alliance are looking to take them down swiftly.
Dec 2, 2022 10:44 AM

Jul 2011
The way Ch'en is, and the trope being abducted while changing location goes, Misha was to be abducted.

Was great to see Hoshiguma. And for change good to see someone being nice from Lungmen side.
Dec 2, 2022 10:55 AM

Sep 2017
The animation feels like it has an actual budget to work with now, and the difference is incredible. Feels like Ep. 6 got the treatment that Ep. 3 should have had, both from an animation and storyboarding perspective. It's somewhat inflated by the fact that Episode 5 was as bad as it was, but this episode was on a whole different level in terms of quality. Not anything stellar in my opinion, but definitely good.
Dec 2, 2022 10:57 AM

Sep 2018
Ch'en is such a tsun tsun. I love it. Glad to see more W action as well.
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Dec 2, 2022 10:59 AM

Mar 2017
Much better than last episode. I have high hopes for them tying up Misha and Scullshatter's arc nicely.
Dec 2, 2022 11:08 AM

Mar 2017
Also kinda bothered by the fact that characters who are clearly not japanese(or Higashi) follow japanese etiquette(bowing down and such). Like Amiya, who is Australian(Rim Billiton) and Misha who is Russian(Ursus). If with Amiya I can sort of understand it, because she's the leader of RI on paper and should've studied the etiquette of countries she makes deals with, Misha's just a girl who lived in another country for like a week only.
Dec 2, 2022 12:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
"Miss Bear" has a great secret!!!! kekeke
Dec 2, 2022 1:15 PM

Feb 2021
Ch'en, such a tsundere:) Somethings gonna happen with Misha next episode and I'm looking forward to it~
Dec 2, 2022 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
so Misha might hold secrets about something eh
Dec 2, 2022 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
still have no clue whats goin on........... why animate shitty games no one follows?
Dec 2, 2022 1:46 PM
Oct 2020
Vooo said:
still have no clue whats goin on........... why animate shitty games no one follows?

Because they have big follows in cn and jp. How else would they get the budget to animate it? lmao
Dec 2, 2022 1:57 PM
Nov 2022
Vooo said:
I will surprise you, but I will tell you a little secret, in order to understand what is happening, you need to listen to the characters and what they say, but do not tell this secret to anyone. OK?
Dec 2, 2022 2:37 PM
Jun 2021
W is Back, Baby!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Dec 2, 2022 3:06 PM
Feb 2020
Currently the best episode of this series so far, the directing has gotten better. The action sequence didn't contain any noteworthy animation, but it was very solid, got me hyped. They nailed the impact of the battle, and you all know smooth animated fights aren't as nice without "Impact". The voice acting also deserves high praises, got chills down my back. Can't wait for next week's episode, interested to see what reunion will actually do to Misha since we now know their objective.

Also Ch'en was so cute aaaaaaaa.
Dec 2, 2022 3:16 PM
Feb 2020
Vooo said:

This isn't a shounen anime, this anime adapts the game's visual novel-style story filled with drama and politics. All you need to do is to pay attention to the dialogue, pretty simple right? You can already tell that fights and sakuga are not its forte. The real enjoyment of this anime comes from worldbuilding and narrative.

If you still don't understand this anime, then you will have a hard time watching Re;zero or even Steins:gate. Some people just don't like slow stories, and that's understandable.
Dec 2, 2022 4:30 PM

Aug 2013
This episode (and all the others leading up to this tbf) reminded me the thing I disliked the most about the first chapters of the game. The Doctor is not a character. They have no personality, no input, and no concrete role in the story at this point. They're not even a good amnesiac character who serves to receive the info dumps. They are just a doll Amiya carries around all the time and who sometimes spurts a single sentence when someone squeezes them. When asked by Amiya to take command of the operation they just don't, the anime doesn't do anything to actually show that the Doctor is better at handling combat than Amiya.

Most of the time, in the game you can actually pretend that the Doctor doesn't exist and that Amiya is the sole protagonist interacting with the world and the diverse cast, but in the anime you are constantly reminded that they are supposed to be something because there is this big cardboard cutout behind Amiya in every single scene, and yet it being there does nothing for the story (I'm pretty sure you can edit the Doctor out of every single scene since they left Rhodes Island and nothing would be lost). This is probably a problem of early gacha game narrative not having found the right tone and direction to handle their player character yet, but this is the adaptation of a long running story, they could change things to make it not stand out so much.

Also, Hoshiguma my beloved! I wish they made you bigger.
Dec 2, 2022 4:52 PM
Dec 2022
Vooo said:

How could that be when imo as a player they said alot of info this episode that is vital to the upcoming parts of the story even then ever since episode 1 there has been alot of info dumps like who RI is, what is oripathy, who is reunion. That sounds like a YOU problem to me
Dec 2, 2022 5:27 PM
Jul 2015
Great episode. Loved how they dropped that

Hoshi intro was badass couldn't ask for more. They actually showed how Misha gets kidnapped by W which wasn't in the game (only mentioned by Chen later on IIRC)

Vooo said:

Things that you need to know has already been explained, the rest is a mystery. Arknights world is very different to Earth and it's HUGE with many many things happening in parallel and not in a linear fashion heavily centered around main cast like 95% of other anime. It is sort of like Durarara if you have watched it. Don't apply the same logic as we have here on Earth. We are constantly learning more and more about it as we progress just like the amnesiac Doctor who represents us.
sunny_senpaiDec 2, 2022 5:33 PM
Dec 2, 2022 5:58 PM

Jul 2015

More W screen time is always welcome, especially her cynical laughing

This episode felt extremely smooth and far more polished compared to the last episode.. but only 2 eps are left so that's a bummer

still feels weird for Talulah to sound like Jalter/Echidina.. but I'll take it nonetheless

That Hoshiguma entry was fucking Love! Finally the first (and one of the few) Japanese Operators in the game..
Dec 2, 2022 6:04 PM
Aug 2019
Hearing the characters actually talk full dialogues is always a whiplash the first time, but I love it. lol I think this episode has been my favorite so far, Amiya was so cool this time! She really showed why she is the leader of Rhodes no matter her age, I love my daughter. Just wish the doctor did more than just stand there, but this is how the first chapters are I guess lol.
Dec 2, 2022 6:39 PM
Nov 2022
the anime definitely portraying Chen better than the early chapters in the game
Dec 2, 2022 7:07 PM

Feb 2018
I think that whole set up for the capture of Misha was a little bit predictable, so hoping we get a decent enough conclusion with the remaining episodes.
Dec 2, 2022 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
sunny_senpai said:
Things that you need to know has already been explained, the rest is a mystery. Arknights world is very different to Earth and it's HUGE with many many things happening in parallel and not in a linear fashion heavily centered around main cast like 95% of other anime. It is sort of like Durarara if you have watched it. Don't apply the same logic as we have here on Earth. We are constantly learning more and more about it as we progress just like the amnesiac Doctor who represents us.

I feel like even though things should be a mystery, for anyone not familiar with the game (like myself) might feel at a loss on what is going on. We have the beginning of the first episode in media res and from there we are seeing the characters running and fighting non stop from place to place without many opportunities to know more about them.
Dec 2, 2022 8:06 PM
Jan 2021
I'm anime fans only, I'm starting to understand the plot, and finally, i'm enjoy watching this.
i asked about oripathy, they answered in episode 1-2
I asked about Misha's reason for being chased by lungmen and reunion.

they replied,

I don't understand people who still think "dump" about what this anime shows.

even though from the start, this anime insisted on telling the answer, without destroying their slow plot .

in bilibili, this anime has a high rating.that's why I keep watching
Dec 2, 2022 11:24 PM

Nov 2010
So much better than last episode, there was consistency and cohesion that was totally missing in the previous episode!
From the weakest episode last week to the strongest this week, what a jump in quality.
Dec 2, 2022 11:27 PM

Nov 2010
SunsetBlink said:
Also kinda bothered by the fact that characters who are clearly not japanese(or Higashi) follow japanese etiquette(bowing down and such). Like Amiya, who is Australian(Rim Billiton) and Misha who is Russian(Ursus). If with Amiya I can sort of understand it, because she's the leader of RI on paper and should've studied the etiquette of countries she makes deals with, Misha's just a girl who lived in another country for like a week only.

Hoshiguma is from Higashi though.
Dec 3, 2022 1:09 AM

Aug 2014
I am curious about Misha's importance in this arc
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 3, 2022 4:49 AM
Dec 2022
Ravarae said:
I am curious about Misha's importance in this arc

Spoiler

Shes nothing but a plot device for this arc LOL

Dec 3, 2022 8:05 AM

Feb 2021
You know, this anime is really quiet. That being said, I still enjoyed it.

How come nobody predicted Reunion's 'real' target is Misha? Skullshatterer literally yelled out Misha's name last episode and it's clear they we're going to get her no matter what. Now that Reunion have achieved their goal, time for Talulah to burn the whole city down to ash.

Talulah refers to herself as Talulah in the beginning. Interesting.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 3, 2022 8:23 AM

Apr 2013
the arknights memes are real!

Dec 3, 2022 11:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like Reunion's main forces have finally arrived. Given the strength of the reunion forces within the slums as well as their allies it will be tough to root them out. Hmm so the reason for Reunion's interest in Misha was due to her family. The hypocrisy of Reunion though really is funny. Even when diplomacy was on the table they turned to hate and violence as soon as it become an option to them while RI did not. The convoy ambush combined with the clash in the square really added a lot of tension and action to the ep. Gotta hand it to Ch'en though despite how things are within Lungmen she does try her hardest to protect the city and its people. The guards elite units sure were impressive as well. Rare to see Ch'en's poker face slip lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2022 1:06 PM

Aug 2009
Akumaru03 said:
Currently the best episode of this series so far, the directing has gotten better.

100% agreed on this.
Dec 3, 2022 11:24 PM
Apr 2016
YES! Everything come together in this episode. The direction, animation, pacing, music, background art, story telling. Everything shine one after another. Also W ambush scene is so nice. Looking forward for the remaining 2 episode, Keep it up.
Dec 4, 2022 2:00 AM

Oct 2008
Uiai said:
the arknights memes are real!

OMG i play that game! NIKKE!!!
btw only the OST of Hayashi is the only saving grace for this show...

Dec 4, 2022 6:23 AM

May 2015
Docutah is no more! misha time!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 4, 2022 11:35 AM
Oct 2021
Probably the best episode so far, but not by much.

Balancing projectile weapons like guns and grenade launchers while having characters using swords is hard. And while the game has a good explanation, the anime didn't have that, and it seems like it tries as much as it could to not show Skullshatterer fighting, because ya know, he has a grenade launcher? This episode we see him charging into close quarters combat while shooting one before cutting away from the scene, then the next time we see him he's trying to shoot Franka when she's a meter away like a tool. I guess he was ready to be caught up by the explosion. Just have Liskarm or a guard operator or Amiya blocking one or a few of his shots, then we'll know that doesn't work. And then when they retreat they just walk away and nobody wants to chase them. You could've had the doctor say that it'd be too dangerous because they could walk into an ambush to make him look like he's thinking ahead.

Kinda rushed revealing Chen's kindness behind her cold attitude, and Fraka keeps commenting on it is annoying like we can't figure that out ourselves.

Again, Misha falls and characters stand there dumbfounded, somebody just carry her ffs she clearly can't walk. And W could've killed her with that falling part of the building she blew up.

That last bit with Hoshiguma felt very misplaced. Reunion are running away with Misha and we're supposed to be chasing them, yet we're standing there seeing Chen get embarrassed by Hoshiguma.
Dec 4, 2022 10:17 PM
Dec 2022
Secret333 said:
And then when they retreat they just walk away and nobody wants to chase them

Wasnt that suppose to be the best possible scenario? RI's stance against reunion was always neutral and never in the offensive.
Dec 5, 2022 12:29 AM
Oct 2021
Coldspell said:
Secret333 said:
And then when they retreat they just walk away and nobody wants to chase them

Wasnt that suppose to be the best possible scenario? RI's stance against reunion was always neutral and never in the offensive.

Not if RI current goal is to draw their attention away from Chen and Misha. And it’s a reunion leader, capturing them would do a lot in neutralizing the reunion threat and knowing why they’re trying to get Misha.
Dec 7, 2022 7:02 AM
Nov 2022
Secret333 said:
Coldspell said:

Not if RI current goal is to draw their attention away from Chen and Misha. And it’s a reunion leader, capturing them would do a lot in neutralizing the reunion threat and knowing why they’re trying to get Misha.

From a tactical point of view, you are wrong.
The frame shows that the fighters with shields occupy a narrow courtyard, from this position they will be able to hold the defense for some time. Consequently
a) They will delay Rhodes
b) This delay will be enough for their commander to escape
c) You needlessly risk the lives of people.
Therefore, your position in terms of tactics is a waste of human resources.
Dec 7, 2022 7:22 AM
Nov 2022
Secret333 said:
Probably the best episode so far, but not by much.

Balancing projectile weapons like guns and grenade launchers while having characters using swords is hard. And while the game has a good explanation, the anime didn't have that, and it seems like it tries as much as it could to not show Skullshatterer fighting, because ya know, he has a grenade launcher? This episode we see him charging into close quarters combat while shooting one before cutting away from the scene, then the next time we see him he's trying to shoot Franka when she's a meter away like a tool. I guess he was ready to be caught up by the explosion. Just have Liskarm or a guard operator or Amiya blocking one or a few of his shots, then we'll know that doesn't work. And then when they retreat they just walk away and nobody wants to chase them. You could've had the doctor say that it'd be too dangerous because they could walk into an ambush to make him look like he's thinking ahead.

Kinda rushed revealing Chen's kindness behind her cold attitude, and Fraka keeps commenting on it is annoying like we can't figure that out ourselves.

Again, Misha falls and characters stand there dumbfounded, somebody just carry her ffs she clearly can't walk. And W could've killed her with that falling part of the building she blew up.

That last bit with Hoshiguma felt very misplaced. Reunion are running away with Misha and we're supposed to be chasing them, yet we're standing there seeing Chen get embarrassed by Hoshiguma.

They hired a penguin logistic to find information on where they got the Misha, so again with hoshiguma you are wrong.
Dec 7, 2022 11:42 AM
Oct 2021
Hilbenwal said:

The frame shows that the fighters with shields occupy a narrow courtyard, from this position they will be able to hold the defense for some time. Consequently

I know it would be dangerous to chase them, I suggested that in my op. It's that nobody seemed to want to, or care where they are going. They could set up another ambush because you just let them go. And my problem with them walking away is that they could've used smoke bombs or flashbangs (remember Ace using them in ep1?) to make their retreat more convincing instead of "oh we stop fighting now, goodbye."

Hilbenwal said:

They hired a penguin logistic to find information on where they got the Misha, so again with hoshiguma you are wrong.

Penguin logistics still haven't found her, they're waiting for news, as Amiya puts it.
And my main problem with that scene is the tone. There's no sense of urgency or danger or professionalism because we're sitting around teasing and embarrassing captain Chen in front of a third party on the first joint operation we have. They absolutely rushed revealing Chen's "cute side" as Franka puts it. And it tonaly clashes with the situation they're in.

Seeing reunion fighting RI one moment and then the next they're very calmly walking away is jarring.
Seeing RI and the LGD take on reunion, then have a light hearted banter when their VIP has been taken by the enemy, and undermining the commander in front of strangers is, again, jarring.
Dec 7, 2022 12:01 PM
Nov 2022
Секрет333 said:
Hilbenwal said:

I know it would be dangerous to chase them, I suggested that in my op. It's that nobody seemed to want to, or care where they are going. They could set up another ambush because you just let them go. And my problem with them walking away is that they could've used smoke bombs or flashbangs (remember Ace using them in ep1?) to make their retreat more convincing instead of "oh we stop fighting now, goodbye."

Hilbenwal said:

Penguin logistics still haven't found her, they're waiting for news, as Amiya puts it.
And my main problem with that scene is the tone. There's no sense of urgency or danger or professionalism because we're sitting around teasing and embarrassing captain Chen in front of a third party on the first joint operation we have. They absolutely rushed revealing Chen's "cute side" as Franka puts it. And it tonaly clashes with the situation they're in.

Seeing reunion fighting RI one moment and then the next they're very calmly walking away is jarring.
Seeing RI and the LGD take on reunion, then have a light hearted banter when their VIP has been taken by the enemy, and undermining the commander in front of strangers is, again, jarring.

Why smoke bombs when they literally go into a straight tunnel? This is very stupid, especially when they put up shields. You again offer a waste of ammunition to nowhere. (Sorry for my english)
Dec 7, 2022 12:03 PM
Nov 2022
Секрет333 said:
Hilbenwal said:

Hilbenwal said:

And yes, when I served in the army, serious moments did not stop us from joking)
Dec 7, 2022 8:48 PM
Oct 2021
Hilbenwal said:

Why smoke bombs when they literally go into a straight tunnel? This is very stupid, especially when they put up shields. You again offer a waste of ammunition to nowhere. (Sorry for my english)

Yes, it's a waste of ammunation if they can just walk away. My arguement is that they shouldn't be able to. One second they're a few meters away from RI, the other they're retreating into an alleyway. We don't see them walking that distance because it'd look silly.

Hilbenwal said:

And yes, when I served in the army, serious moments did not stop us from joking)

The LGD and RI are still strangers and the LGD seems pretty distrustful of RI yet now we're joking.
Dec 7, 2022 10:46 PM
Oct 2019
Misha just can't catch a break.
God damn it.
Dec 8, 2022 12:19 AM
Nov 2022
Secret333 said:
Hilbenwal said:

Yes, it's a waste of ammunation if they can just walk away. My arguement is that they shouldn't be able to. One second they're a few meters away from RI, the other they're retreating into an alleyway. We don't see them walking that distance because it'd look silly.

Hilbenwal said:

The LGD and RI are still strangers and the LGD seems pretty distrustful of RI yet now we're joking.

I understand your position.

In the battle in the slums, I will remain in my position, in my opinion, it is better to do nothing than to waste energy on extra work.

As for Hoshiguma, I can partially agree, from the point of view of military etiquette, it can be criticized, from the point of view of the human factor, her behavior is possible, therefore, it does not cause dissonance in me.

I think we can end our conversation here. Thank you for talking)
Dec 10, 2022 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
Ch'en experienced defeat thanks to W resulting in the loss of Misha and the Death of some her subordinates, but that was necessary so she stops Underestimating Reunion and for her ego.
Talulah easily toying around with Lungmen Defense Army off screen is another proof for Ch'en that she seriously Underestimated Reunion as a Threat
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Dec 13, 2022 12:05 PM

Nov 2009
RIP that butterfly at the beginning, "oh a pretty girls hand, *Lands*.... *gets burned*", Butterfly Lesson of day: Never trust a pretty girl's hands, LOL.

___ ___ ___

And yea, before this event happened, Ch'en was very stuck-up and Ego-Lord and believed Lungmen to be better than anyone else.

I didn't like Ch'en in the game until after Ch'alter (Ch'en swimsuit) where she's more chill and isn't a Ego-Lord anymore. (I also never trained or used regular Ch'en)

Plus, Ch'en is pretty much responsible for Misha being taken, Misha would have been at Rhodes Island getting treatment if Ch'en wasn't so stuck-up being "Lungmen is the best"...

And before the failure, Lungmen wasn't taking Reunion seriously, they treated Reunion as a common gang instead of a crime organization. (later in the game, you'll see Lungmen's true force)

___ ___ ___

Also, W is too good at planning traps, LOL

Once she sets things up, it always gets done.

___ ___ ___

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 15, 2022 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
Why do I hope for Misha's demise. Their combat was kinda cute when they were on the rooftops.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 6, 2023 9:30 PM
Sep 2017
Gave me emotional damage
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

93 by bushman66 »»
Mar 11, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 9, 2022

68 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.