Forum Settings
Forums

ONA 'Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya' Receives Third Season

New
Dec 2, 2022 8:36 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
Streaming service Crunchyroll revealed at Comic Con Experience 2022 a third season for the Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac original net anime on Thursday. Crunchyroll will stream the anime on their platform.

Produced by Toei Animation, the first season streamed in two six-episode parts worldwide on Netflix in July 2019 and January 2020, respectively. The second season, subtitled Battle for Sanctuary, premiered on July 31 on Crunchyroll.

The anime series is based on Masami Kurumada's action adventure manga, which was serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump from December 1985 to November 1990.

Synopsis
Time is running out! Only five hours remain before the god-killer arrow lodged in Athena's chest will kill the goddess. The powerful Grand Master is the only one who can save her life, but to even reach the Grand Master's chambers, Seiya and his fellow Bronze Knights must ascend Sanctuary and pass through all Twelve Houses, each temple guarded by a Gold Knight. Not everyone will complete the journey and reach the summit of Sanctuary where a shocking surprise awaits. (Source: Crunchyroll)

Official site: https://www.saintseiya-kotz.com/
Official Twitter: @saintseiyaanime

Source: Crunchyroll

Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac - Battle Sanctuary - Part 2 on MAL
VindstotMar 13, 10:39 PM
Dec 2, 2022 9:49 AM

Aug 2016
Even the recent live action trailer looks comfier than these CGI OVAs nobody asked for.
:v
Dec 2, 2022 12:18 PM

Feb 2021
MichaelJackson said:
Even the recent live action trailer looks comfier than these CGI OVAs nobody asked for.

I agree. It looks awful. Why not make traditional animation?
MemoreDec 3, 2022 5:46 AM
Dec 2, 2022 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
even if i scored it low im still enjoying the story of this show so im glad they are making more seasons of it

the only complain i got is that the fight scenes have weak presentation even though 3DCG should be able to do decent enough fight scenes choreography as seen in its OP song
Dec 2, 2022 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
Nice, been waiting for this announcement, it was kinda a given since the last episode wasn't quite a season finale and just ends there like nothing.
They should at least cover all of Santuary arc, as is the best artc of Saint seiya.
Dec 2, 2022 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
Well fuck. Guess people will watch whatever garbage is shoved in front of them as long as it is readily available on a streaming platform. Beyond trash.
Dec 2, 2022 2:13 PM

May 2019
another year another subpar saint seiya let down.
Dec 2, 2022 2:39 PM

Nov 2008
Dear god, my eyes. Also CR did not learn from Ex-Arm, the CG is of abysmal quality and in an era where good 3DCG does exist.

Dec 2, 2022 2:42 PM

Jan 2009
people are forgetting that anime is usually planned for a long time before its season 1 airs so its highly possible that this is at least planned to do all the sanctuary arc of Saint Seiya so it got nothing to do with it being watch enough by fans because here on MAL alone its not that popular show to begin with
Dec 2, 2022 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
cant say i enjoyed season 2 but somehow i still wanna watch this, dont expect anything good though, probably more rushed fights, attacks that lack impact an somehow looks visually less impressive than an anime from 80s
Dec 3, 2022 5:47 AM

Feb 2021
InfiniteGaia said:
Well fuck. Guess people will watch whatever garbage is shoved in front of them as long as it is readily available on a streaming platform. Beyond trash.

Indeed, you are absolutely right.
Dec 3, 2022 8:49 PM

Aug 2010
I'm pretty surprised. Maybe it'll adapt the whole manga after all.

Heck, it might do it faster than Sailor Moon Crystal.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 4, 2022 6:47 AM

Jan 2016
InfiniteGaia said:
thats true, but its not like people wanted this to happen. Crunchyroll has a bad habit of just throwing money to animated projects no one asked for and many times they turn out to be crap.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Dec 6, 2022 1:28 PM
Apr 2020
Who asked for this terrible adaptation? , everyone wants the 2d, always have to use cgi...
Dec 6, 2022 9:25 PM

Aug 2010
Yikes, so much negativity.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.