Forum Settings
Forums

At what age you found out Santa isn't real, and what you used to wish for?

New
Dec 2, 2022 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
I guess, at the age of 6-7 and guess what I used to ask for? Yes! Ben 10 Omnitrix.

My family always made fool out of me. Shi-
removed-userDec 2, 2022 12:57 AM
Dec 2, 2022 1:04 AM

Feb 2013
I found out late, at the age of 9 or 10. But I like to say that I still believe in Santa haha, I feel better this way (and yes, I'm 24...).
I used to ask for a Barbie doll most of the time. I had like 30 of them and they are still somewhere in my parent's house hidden.

Dec 2, 2022 1:08 AM

Feb 2021
I found out when I was around 6-7 and I never really wished for anything as a kid. I think I didn't know we were meant to wish for something as a kid and if I did, it was probably a dog or a pet.
Dec 2, 2022 1:11 AM

Dec 2020
from the start my parents told me he wasn't real, they didn't want to lie to me about giving gifts and just outright asked me what I wanted and such
imo i think that was a better way around it, although usually most of what I wished was along the lines of a RC car or some toy i wanted at the time
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Dec 2, 2022 1:39 AM

Mar 2018
Wait... you're telling me Santa isn't real...?!
I believe they told me when I was around 7... Just like Tenshi, there are most likely still some barbie dolls here or even a furby... Good times!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 2, 2022 1:43 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
It was around the tender age of 6 when Santa told me my family wasn't real.
Dec 2, 2022 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
149597871 said:
It was around the tender age of 6 when Santa told me my family wasn't real.

You said the word "family" 'n
Vin Diesel be like: You summoned me?
Dec 2, 2022 4:18 AM

Mar 2012
For some reason I read Santa as Satan at first.

I only found out about Santa giving gifts from friends at school and me and my sister tried writing what we want on a piece of paper and put it inside a sock but never got anything so we learnt that Santa was fake lol. I think I was around 7-8 at the time.
Dec 2, 2022 4:23 AM

Dec 2015
Can't tell how old I was but I remember how my mother was explaining how it was done, when she explained that she always as the last person was going to the car to just place presents from her room/basement into the christmass tree when I was in a car waiting instead of lurking around the house and I do remember as a child asking "Than who was in my house dressed like Santa?" and her explaining that it was my godfather [or however you call it] who was dressed up, especially that as a child you are not that noticable for someone voice pitch.
Dec 2, 2022 3:24 PM
Jul 2021
I was a late bloomer? At 8 years old I found out/was told in a rather crude way by one of the monsters that Santa isn't real. I was talking with some of my friends about...Christmas gifts? Maybe I can't remember and this POS that was half drunk, I remember that he stank like a walking distillery, he took me over to a bedroom and r@ped me, once he was done doing to me what he wanted, he tells me "hey you fucktard, yes you little shit, good for nothing wank sock Santa ain't real, it's all a big stinking lie, do you hear me? He ain't real hahahahaha piece of shit" And yes those were the actual words he said to me.

I was in shock, part of me already knew, but the rest wanted the magic to be real, I wanted it be real, no I needed it to be real, and this asshole took that away from me. That's why I still remember like it was yesterday every word he said to me.

After he left I waited a bit before I curled into a ball and started to cry, mother fucker. After a while two of my friends, Teddy and Dominic came by and snuggle with me and we talked, then I went in and took a shower, while they stayed outside the bathroom door, once I was done we talked some more.

After that me and the others who already knew the truth, we had to keep the charade up for the younger boys of the club, let me tell all of you, that by itself wasn't easy to do. Keeping up the show Shit op thanks now I need a drink.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 2, 2022 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
Depends, if it makes you happy, why not think him as real?

Just like my connection with my giant stuffed animal, I think he is really alive, and he is truly my best friend, he sleep on my bed always for these past 9 years or so, taking 3/4 portion of my bed

Dec 2, 2022 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
HOLY SHIT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
Santa is totally real!
How do you explain this post I made on an earlier thread?

-Leiman- said:
I believe in Santa Claus.
I always leave out for him a Slim Jim and a can of Coors, and it's always gone by morning.

checkmate skeptics.
Dec 2, 2022 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
Very early, like 4... I told my older sister that it doesn't make sense (it's the Christkind for us tho, not Santa) and then spied on my mom, because the whole thing smelled fishy.
My mom was disappointed tho that her weird kid doesn't believe in the Christkind, should have played along. :(
Dec 2, 2022 4:57 PM

Jul 2021
I always remember believing that Santa wasn't real, probably because of all the movies that made that bit so obvious.

It was only within the last few years that I decided to believe again. Santa is real santa is real santa is real

doubters just mad they are getting coal again this year
Dec 2, 2022 5:39 PM

Jan 2021
I found out when I was in maybe 7 or 8. I come from a conservative family of a different religion where we don't celebrate Christmas. But when I was younger, all the kids around me celebrated Christmas and believed in Santa Claus. Of course this was back when many kids wasn't used to the internet and information, so I thought Santa Claus was very much real, and the only reason he didn't come over give me gifts was because I didn't have a chimney he could come through.

I always begged my family to move into a place with a chimney so Santa could get me this cash register toy set that I saw my friend have. I thought it was super cool because it came with a little toy scanner and products that you can scan with and it would pop up on the toy register.

Tipsy and giddy, away with all the riddles
Unbeknown and unconsumed they shine
The heart of the fire rekindles
Without needing to cross any line
Dec 2, 2022 9:58 PM

Oct 2022
What are you talking about? Santa is real
Dec 3, 2022 12:45 AM

Apr 2015
I don't think I ever believed in Santa... One Christmas someone dressed as Santa to give the presents, but I was scared of him and was crying the whole time. I was like maybe 3? My family album has a photo of me next to the Santa, but my face is all red and snotty.

After that Christmas with small kids involved my family just hid the present bag in storage room meant for hunting equipment (since kids have no place to be there), and said gnomes left it outside. Gnomes I sort of did believe in for quite long period.
konkeloDec 3, 2022 12:50 AM
Dec 3, 2022 1:30 AM

Mar 2008
Santa is real though. Anyone who dresses as and embodies what Santa’s character is about is legitimately a Santa. There just isn’t a single Santa beyond the idea.
Dec 3, 2022 9:52 AM

Oct 2012
I found out around 8 years old, but can't really remember. I'd always wish for some Lego stuff, puzzles or Barbie dolls.

If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Dec 3, 2022 12:19 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
What do mean he isn't real? You mean I'm not getting the sexy dominatrix waifu this christmas?

Dec 3, 2022 1:47 PM

May 2021
I thought Santa was real until I had my doubts at age 8 and until my dad personally told me that Santa wasn't real at age 9.

As for wishes, I always asked for gifts. I thought that praying for the safety of my family on New Year's Day was enough, so I would have to take advantage of both Christmas and Three Kings Day to ask for gifts.

Dec 3, 2022 1:58 PM

Dec 2022
right now.....

my world is falling apart on itself.
Dec 3, 2022 2:32 PM
Jul 2021
Shit forgot to say what my wishes were, on that particular Christmas I found out the truth about Santa, I had wished for this cool af telescope, the cool one with the huge pipe size lens and everything.

Of course x-mas comes along and surprise, surprise I got what I wanted, like always happened, we all got what we wanted for x-mas, always!

That present I never opened it, never use it and I don't even know what happened to it? No clue what so ever if it's final destination, where it ended up.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 5, 2022 6:58 AM

Aug 2022
lol at people believing that Santa isn't real.
Dec 5, 2022 1:17 PM

Dec 2019
My parents raised me telling me Santa wasn't real, and that instead Jesus Christ would give us gifts or The Three Kings would bring them on January 6th. I would ask for a video game but it was almost always something else. We stopped getting gifts when I was like 12.
Dec 5, 2022 1:37 PM

Jan 2022
I figured it out right about the time I caught Pops and Momz putting the gifts under the tree 🎄 at 3am back in 1984 when I was six. They didn't know I was awake and I snuck back to my room all Shinobi like.

I used to wish for dumb shit like "that hot woman on the soap opera inside the TV" 😆 and didn't even know why at that point. I got my xXxmas Miracle in 2014 when I was 37 though when the ex gf was under the tree ready for some 8===D
Dec 5, 2022 2:01 PM

Jun 2022
It was when I was a toddler (about three years of age), really, but I played along with my parents who never really told me outright, they just knew.

vasipi4946 said:
lol at people believing that Santa isn't real.

Fair enough, psychology sucks, anyway.
Dec 5, 2022 5:23 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Santa Claus is real. Even Big Boss believes in him, and he's a legendary mercenary. That's proof enough in my eyes.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 6, 2022 12:28 PM

Mar 2022
I think I knew for a few years before this, but my mom officially told me when I was eleven and gave me a (really cool) book on St. Nicholas legends from around the world. (Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I'll pull it out tonight and read a few stories.) I used to be pretty into American Girl as a kid, so I usually asked for stuff for my dolls. Nowadays, it's pretty much just clothes and manga.
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Dec 6, 2022 12:30 PM
Oct 2020
don't remember ever believing in it. might still have, but no memories about that.
Dec 6, 2022 9:44 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty sure by age 6 I had already understood Santa was a commercially-originated myth.

I mean, even then seems already too old to believe that a single human being can deliver presents to every single well-behaved kid in one night all across the world through a flying sled.
Dec 12, 2022 9:26 PM

Mar 2021
I think I was maybe 8 years old when I found out. The last thing I remember wanting for Christmas before then was tennis rackets, and Santa delivered.

Dec 12, 2022 9:31 PM

Jun 2022
Fang_Tooth said:
from the start my parents told me he wasn't real, they didn't want to lie to me about giving gifts and just outright asked me what I wanted and such
imo i think that was a better way around it, although usually most of what I wished was along the lines of a RC car or some toy i wanted at the time
lmao yeahh my parents instead told me their stories of finding out he wasn't real, lol..

honsetly the santa thing, is it a bit dickish? maybe but also i think it is a good lesson to instill on kids that your parents are not to be trusted.
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 12, 2022 9:38 PM

Nov 2022
Something like 7 or 8 years old I guess. I guess my parents very much liked to keep the illusion.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 12, 2022 9:46 PM

Jan 2019
I never believe santa claus giving presents with a reindeer was a real person, I only believe it as a imaginative story... but I believe Saint Nicholas is a real person and its based on Santa Claus

More topics from this board

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

68 by -Jahra »»
2 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

36 by -Jahra »»
16 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

22 by elgatosaika »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

17 by blueblur »»
21 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 6 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.