Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 2, 2022 5:04 AM

Sep 2020
I am not an expert on this. It looks good in my eyes. It's MAPPA they've got this in terms of animation and stuff.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 2, 2022 5:10 AM
Jan 2019
It's serviceable, can't say much more. I'm a big fan of the manga and defend te anime a lot cause I think it's been amazing so far, but despite the amazing direction, storyboarding, sakuga in the 2D stuff, camera movements, editing, sound effects and music, I have to admit the CGI in episodes 1 and 8 has been a bit jarring. It doesn't ruin the show at all and as far as CGi goes its pretty ok and certainly nothing to cry about but to say its great would be some copium.
Dec 2, 2022 5:18 AM
Aug 2021
the CGI Devil grows stronger everyday
Dec 2, 2022 5:29 AM
Jan 2021
Marko_Maruko said:
It's just alright. It definitely isn't perfect like in Ajin or Kengan Ashura, but it's watchable for the most of the time.

Record Of Ragnarok had good cgi ?
Dec 2, 2022 5:34 AM
Jun 2021
_syedmuhammad__ said:
Marko_Maruko said:
It's just alright. It definitely isn't perfect like in Ajin or Kengan Ashura, but it's watchable for the most of the time.

I never watched it, so idk
Dec 2, 2022 6:35 AM
Jan 2021
Marko_Maruko said:
_syedmuhammad__ said:

I never watched it, so idk

my mistake, i thought Kengan Ashura was the Japanese name for ROR .
Dec 2, 2022 6:48 AM

Aug 2018
WilfredJohnson said:
TheNotSoAmazing said:

yeah that fight was unfortunately pretty underwhelming. Too many close up shots and it felt really slow paced wasn't really the fight I was hoping for with all the build up.

You have to be mentally unwell to call that fight underwhelming 🤦‍♂️

I've seen single artist on Twitter draw more smooth and interesting fights of that exact scene. The issue was they kept doing too many close up shots of either one of them dodging or attacking and not portraying the whole picture of them clashing they also had too many pause scenes. It gave it a sense of desync as it looked like either character either swiped at air or are dodging something off screen. And the pause frames made it feel slow paced. Aki dodging the blades for two scenes was probably the coolest thing but other than that it was an alright fight no where near the slug devil fight.
Dec 2, 2022 7:37 AM

Sep 2019
It's not that great if you compare it to the likes of Houseki no Kuni, but it could have been worse, compared to Ex-arm and Berserk. There are some times that the CGI blends really well with the animation like the recent Aki vs Katana Man in episode 8, then we also have the not so great curse devil CGI in the same episode.
Dec 2, 2022 9:26 PM
Jun 2021
TheNotSoAmazing said:
WilfredJohnson said:

You have to be mentally unwell to call that fight underwhelming 🤦‍♂️

I've seen single artist on Twitter draw more smooth and interesting fights of that exact scene. The issue was they kept doing too many close up shots of either one of them dodging or attacking and not portraying the whole picture of them clashing they also had too many pause scenes. It gave it a sense of desync as it looked like either character either swiped at air or are dodging something off screen. And the pause frames made it feel slow paced. Aki dodging the blades for two scenes was probably the coolest thing but other than that it was an alright fight no where near the slug devil fight.

It’s almost as if a sword fight is different to a guy jumping on a huge devil 🤦‍♂️
Dec 2, 2022 9:53 PM

Jan 2022
After numerous discussions I have had ample time to finally process my thoughts and have come to the conclusion that I am really sick and tired about talking about the CGI.

It's just not that big of a deal to me anymore.
-insert NGE meme here-
Dec 2, 2022 10:54 PM
Oct 2021
Ajay009 said:
Sometimes it's good sometimes its shit That's my honest opinion

I agree
it's mostly good but at the same time i feel like it doesn't fit
Dec 2, 2022 11:08 PM

Oct 2019
there are a very handful of shots that look kind of janky, but 90% of the cgi looks great.

Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Zeerks (I will make you YouTube thumbnails/banners): https://zeerk.com/jobs/graphics-design/i-will-make-you-your-youtube-banner-thumbnail/
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 2, 2022 11:17 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Volcanic_Phoenix said:
People seem to really not like it, I wanna know the general thought about it.
Please be civil, we don’t need a mod to take down the thread.

The general thought from the outside world & Japan (not myanimelist) is that the CGI is perfectly fine.

The "MyAnimeList" website isn't even close to representing most of the "anime community". It's filled with western fans lol
𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
Dec 2, 2022 11:18 PM
Dec 2020
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
Volcanic_Phoenix said:
People seem to really not like it, I wanna know the general thought about it.
Please be civil, we don’t need a mod to take down the thread.

The general thought from the outside world & Japan (not myanimelist) is that the CGI is perfectly fine.

The "MyAnimeList" website isn't even close to representing most of the "anime community". It's filled with western fans lol

Have you seen twitter my guy, it’s only negative
Dec 2, 2022 11:20 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Volcanic_Phoenix said:
ThePrinceOfAcid said:

The Twitter "Community" is negative with every source of material lol. They had the balls to say that the animation for "Pain vs Naruto" was weak even though it's one the best animated fights of anime history.
Dec 2, 2022 11:22 PM
Dec 2020
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
Volcanic_Phoenix said:

The Twitter "Community" is negative with every source of material lol. They had the balls to say that the animation for "Pain vs Naruto" was weak even though it's one the best animated fights of anime history.

Suuuuuuuuuuuure…
Dec 2, 2022 11:28 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Volcanic_Phoenix said:
ThePrinceOfAcid said:

Suuuuuuuuuuuure…

I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuure you didn't make this post just for attention, now?

Imagine thinking the animation/CGI in Chainsaw Man is bad LMAO.
Dec 2, 2022 11:30 PM
Dec 2020
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
Volcanic_Phoenix said:

Suuuuuuuuuuuure…

I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuure you didn't make this post just for attention, now?

Imagine thinking the animation/CGI in Chainsaw Man is bad LMAO.

I don’t think it’s bad, I think it’s around the 7-9 out of 10 range and it hits 10s occasionally. I disagree with the Naruto thing though, and I’m a massive Naruto fan
Dec 3, 2022 4:15 AM

Oct 2021
Average mal forums cgi complainer:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Dec 3, 2022 6:58 AM

Dec 2017
I find it really distracting at times. However, it’s not as bad as attack on Titan but it’s not as subtle as jujutsu kaisen’s cg. It’s simply okay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2022 8:55 AM

Sep 2020
it's ok, the manga fights are pretty suck and tedious, but holy cow, mappa really handled those, and that's a lot watchable, the cast is fun but sucks at story wise
Dec 3, 2022 9:19 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Hatreddd said:
it's ok, the manga fights are pretty suck and tedious, but holy cow, mappa really handled those, and that's a lot watchable, the cast is fun but sucks at story wise

How does the story suck though? Just because it’s action-packed doesn’t mean the story itself sucks lol.
Dec 3, 2022 9:35 AM

Sep 2020
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
Hatreddd said:

How does the story suck though? Just because it’s action-packed doesn’t mean the story itself sucks lol.

no? i don't meant the story sucks, but the characters arc is, like makima without a backstory, and denji hilarious motives( i know that it would changed later on)
Dec 3, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2022
who care, shit look better the 90 percent of the shit that comes out if they gotta cut corners to make it look good then let em cut corners. It be the weirdest people who stay complaining,,s
Dec 3, 2022 10:40 AM
Jun 2020
i really loved the CGI until the last episode, i mean, it wasn't necessary for cuerse devil, neither thee snake devil, and they did look like really ugly
Dec 3, 2022 1:44 PM

Dec 2021
Your mother loves it
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Dec 3, 2022 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
WilfredJohnson said:
TheNotSoAmazing said:

It’s almost as if a sword fight is different to a guy jumping on a huge devil 🤦‍♂️

that still doesn't really excuse the rather poor cinematography if anything this fight should have been easier to animate well with less close up shots. CSM tends to do this alot since it's easier to animate close up faces covering the screen rather that fluid full body fights the fights aren't bad but they can't show us how good it can be with some fights and then fall flat in important fights like this one this episode was so good with the build up and bigenning but fell short because of the fight
TheNotSoAmazingDec 3, 2022 2:11 PM
Dec 3, 2022 3:09 PM
Jun 2021
TheNotSoAmazing said:
WilfredJohnson said:

that still doesn't really excuse the rather poor cinematography if anything this fight should have been easier to animate well with less close up shots. CSM tends to do this alot since it's easier to animate close up faces covering the screen rather that fluid full body fights the fights aren't bad but they can't show us how good it can be with some fights and then fall flat in important fights like this one this episode was so good with the build up and bigenning but fell short because of the fight

You’re straight up wrong
Dec 3, 2022 3:36 PM

Apr 2014
Honestly the show looks so digital that the CGI blends in very well, so I'm okay with it.
Dec 3, 2022 4:49 PM

Aug 2020
The CGI itself is fine. It just doesn't suit the devils. OPM s1 did 2d animation sakuga stuff for the monsters and they look much better.
Dec 3, 2022 7:24 PM

Aug 2018
WilfredJohnson said:
TheNotSoAmazing said:

You’re straight up wrong

You aren't really giving any reason behind your opinion or why I'm wrong except just stating it so I'll stop discussing it, but it's pretty clear to me that this fight doesn't stand up to the bat or slug one in terms of animation or intesity even though it had the greatest build up so far with the scenes previous to it.
Dec 3, 2022 8:10 PM

Jun 2020
I genuinely do not give any care as long as it doesn't bother me when I watch it.
Dec 3, 2022 8:23 PM
Oct 2021
I think its very noticeable when it's used and it's okay for now but it's going to age poorly. hopefully it won't look cringy in a few years.
Dec 3, 2022 10:26 PM

Dec 2019
It's good but unbearable sometimes
Dec 3, 2022 10:30 PM
Jul 2020
I do mind cgi,not because I hate cgi,because it didn't live up to the hype,and I feel betrayed by those FANS who have been hyping it when people begging for them to stop. 7 would probbly be my final score. Thanks,csm fans👍.
Dec 3, 2022 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
none of the options from the poll for me it's good not perfect nor just alright
Dec 4, 2022 7:12 AM
Apr 2020
its better done then most series
Dec 4, 2022 8:41 AM

Jul 2021
It's good, but either the director or the person who plans the shots is playing too safe with the camera. It's all too standard: close-ups, panning to the side, fixed cameras, people standing still when not talking instead doing natural movements... the op it's the only time when they are taking advantage of the freedom 3D was supposed to facilitate.
Dec 4, 2022 9:56 PM
Jun 2021
TheNotSoAmazing said:
WilfredJohnson said:

You’re straight up wrong

You aren't really giving any reason behind your opinion or why I'm wrong except just stating it so I'll stop discussing it, but it's pretty clear to me that this fight doesn't stand up to the bat or slug one in terms of animation or intesity even though it had the greatest build up so far with the scenes previous to it.

You can’t tell an idiot why they’re stupid so I gave up explaining
Dec 4, 2022 10:44 PM
Nov 2016
I wasn't impressed with the CGI in the 1st episode when Denji transformed but I guess I've gotten used to it by now so the CGI is alright at this point I guess, I've seen worse CGI in other animes.

Anyway, this anime is pretty damn good so far and I'm enjoying the hell out of it so I can forgive the CGI.
Dec 5, 2022 2:20 AM

Dec 2020
eh.. its okay. i mean im just not a fan of cgi in general, but it was only really wonky in episode 1, after that you can barely see it. i think they did well, but i do think it wouldve been much smoother during the fights if they just animated it
Dec 5, 2022 9:26 AM
Feb 2022
Can't say I want there to be no CGI as it is noticeable when they use it, but it looks good (besides ep1) and I understand the need for a small bit of shortcutting on hard to animate moments.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

53 by Normie_X-2 »»
2 hours ago

» Chainsaw Man Blu-ray/DVD Vol.1 Sales ~1,735 in first week. ( 1 2 3 4 )

animefan1266 - Jan 31, 2023

162 by EastIndiaCompany »»
Yesterday, 6:30 AM

» There is possibility of Chainsaw Man anime getting cancelled. ( 1 2 3 )

Okeanix - Jan 31, 2023

127 by EastIndiaCompany »»
Apr 15, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

587 by Annagiulia »»
Apr 15, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

975 by shamsamazar »»
Apr 15, 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.