Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 30, 2022 7:03 PM

May 2013
Sometimes I sit there and think about biomes in games. For me I always enjoy snowy areas. They are so cozy. I was thinking of this recently because I just bought Valkie 64 and got to the snow area and I just liked it. The light fog effect adds more than I thought it would.

What do you think of snowy areas? What is your favorite biome? If you say water we cannot be friends anymore, sorry I don't make the rules bub.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Nov 30, 2022 9:50 PM

Jun 2022
i think maybe snowy is best usually but dust storm desert that is pulled off well is the best. see morrowind. just that most games with desert theme levels are a suck, see mario egypt levels or de_dust2 (cs_office has better vibe and thats a snow level)
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 1, 2022 4:49 AM

Sep 2017
I liked Skyrim's Whiterun region the most
Something like this
FatephileDec 1, 2022 4:55 AM
خ
Dec 1, 2022 5:42 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Each biome has their own uniqueness but I love beach the most, it's always refreshing to see in any games ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 1, 2022 7:02 AM

Aug 2018
I have always liked autumn-like zones in games, like the charr zones in Guild Wars 2. I also like dark, run-down zones like the fallow mire in Dragon Age: Inquisition and Duskwood in WoW.

Dec 1, 2022 1:50 PM

May 2013
Kled11 said:
I have always liked autumn-like zones in games, like the charr zones in Guild Wars 2. I also like dark, run-down zones like the fallow mire in Dragon Age: Inquisition and Duskwood in WoW.

Duskwood is cool. Loved that zone growing up. Leveled there as a Night Elf way back in the OG TBC. Good times. Although it does not hold a candle to Howling Fjord.

But me and snowy places lol.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 1, 2022 4:08 PM

Jun 2014
I had to google what "biome" was, lol.

I'd say that my favorite is a sunny, summer field, with lots of greenery, and colorful flowers.

I hate snow, so wintry areas are not my cup of tea at all.

_Nette_ said:
If you say water we cannot be friends anymore, sorry I don't make the rules bub.

Generally, I'm not too big on water areas(especially not the ones in the Sonic games), but the mermaid city of Preamarl in Lufia II is really something else. That being said, the architecture is really what makes that city what it is.

Dec 1, 2022 4:29 PM

May 2013
_-_Sally_-_ said:
I had to google what "biome" was, lol.

I'd say that my favorite is a sunny, summer field, with lots of greenery, and colorful flowers.

I hate snow, so wintry areas are not my cup of tea at all.

_Nette_ said:
If you say water we cannot be friends anymore, sorry I don't make the rules bub.

Generally, I'm not too big on water areas(especially not the ones in the Sonic games), but the mermaid city of Preamarl in Lufia II is really something else. That being said, the architecture is really what makes that city what it is.

It doesn't surprise me you aren't fond of the snowy areas considering where you live. You must survive the winter biome in your day to day life as you brave the frozen wastes.

I am sure I will appreciate that area when I play Lufia 2. I also remember liking the water area in Soul Blazer alot. Second favorite place after the toy village area honestly.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Dec 2, 2022 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
Green and leafy European forests and countryside. If you've not played Kingdom Come Deliverance yet then please do, it's a joy when it comes to walking around in beautiful landscapes.

Dec 4, 2022 6:50 AM

Dec 2018
I love snow fields in winter. They’re soooo pretty and nostalgic! I remember playing rune factory, Harvest moon, and Persona 4 as a kid and just being in awe of the snow. I’m also Australian and it doesn’t snow here, so there’s just something magical about a snowy winter to me.

I especially love the light fog you mentioned that older games used to add in winter. Such a warm and cozy feeling ^.^
Dec 5, 2022 5:52 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I really like the NieR games, and their luscious fields, with remnants of ancient civilizations.

I think that's one of my favorite themes in general now that I am thinking about it. Not always ancient civilizations, but Sonic has this kind of stuff too, with the machinery in planet wisp. Just something about the contrast of the natural, and the designed, is really striking to me.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 8, 2022 11:07 PM

Nov 2022
May be the more mysterious and eerie it is, the better. Kind of like Zangarmarch or classic Ashenvale or Darnasus in WoW.

I am not much into snow, but Icecrown Glacier and Nexus (Blue Dragonflight Zone) has some good feel to it. I did not get to visit Black Temple, but they say Illidan has a harem in it. I want it.

Something about Sthrathholme and Easter Plaguelands as well, may be I want to see word burn and die. This completely dead scorched space somehow appeals to me as well.

I might say Cape of Stranglethorn as well, but I like it when it more resort and seaside and less jungle and wilderness. WoW ships also could be improved to make this zone better. Somehow resorts are often better IRL than in games. However I do like GTA Vice City more than other GTAs because of Miami setting.

Setting is not best thing of Nier, but it fits the game's idea and therefore appropriate.

For me to like a setting it has to be pretty, over the top sophisticated, interesting and kind of warm, cozy. Got to be a place you want to visit.

I like outlandish settings, the more sophisticated, but aesthetically pleasing, the better.

Awesome architecture matters as well. I also like heights, skyscrapers, planes, space and so on. Black, glassy, reflective and dark like in the last mission of Max Payne 1 or end of Act 1 in Max Payne 2, rather than grey like Mario Odyssey New Donk.

Then there is other things, setting has to fit the game, say Max Payne would probably not work so well in different setting compare to New York. Though problem with 3rd part was not so much setting so much is that Rockstar got Max's character all wrong. They made him self-hating instead of cynical, observing, reflective philosophical and psychological like he was in first two games.
EmperorThorDec 8, 2022 11:23 PM
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jan 1, 2023 10:59 AM
Dec 2017
tantal in xenoblade 2 especially the night music.

this is some Fario-P level of thread ideas right here lol love it.

Jan 1, 2023 11:06 AM

Aug 2018
depends on the game really. In minecraft nothing beats a nice wide open plain. In most games, deserts are pretty boring and a place I just want to get out of asap. But Shadow of the Colossus is built different. The deserts in that game are awesome. Not as great as the forests though:

Jan 1, 2023 11:48 AM

Aug 2018
i dunno what it is but i really love the biomes/scenery from Elder Scrolls

Jan 1, 2023 12:39 PM

Jul 2009
The biome in this game called "Touch Some Grass"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1944240/Touch_Some_Grass/
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
🌳                             🌳
🌳     🐝           🦝       🌲   🌳 
🌳      Cursor Nature reserve           🌳
🌳        🦋        🦩     🐕    🌳
🌳                              🌳
🌳      🐐        🌲       🐧    🌳
🌳                              🌳
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
Jan 1, 2023 3:29 PM
Mar 2017
In Minecraft it's a desert (easy building, no trees or as many obstacles, Desert Temple to renovate).

In other games though not sure. My favourite levels have interesting gimmicks to them or are just cool atmosphere to me but are usually the hardest levels in the games. For Scaler it would be Voidrium I like using the penguin like transformation, the reds/oranges and cave inside, swimming through the water it's interesting, the opposite of the other ones being challenging but more a drag to get through I find.

Such as Spyro 1 I like Tree Tops being a cool super charge level to get around the level, the trees, the skybox, High Caves or Haunted Towers same thing I like the layout, level features and skybox. The dark and light gimmcik and the caves of Dark Passage with floating platforms in some areas of that home world, Ratchet and Clank is' Gemlik Base or Orxon because the worlds seem interesting, the level design can be a pain to get through but still. Otherwise I guess my others would be just better level design, a good mix of platforming, combat and minigames if it has any (puzzles or so) balanced well.

So I'd say a in a biome like way, fine looking space/space station, swamp with some appeal, caves, a toxic realm. A forest or isolated areas with enough interesting elements to them.

For racing games I'd say the fantasy ones with really interesting layouts to drive on and the background/trees and other stuff there than looking too believeable and being less fun. Tracks like Deep Forest in Gran Turismo the trees made it feel really cool how magical it is, nowadays they look boring as ever. How to make fictional tracks look bland and boring alongside the real ones is something I never want to say but have to. Or Complex String I liked besides that while it was very empty and walls everywhere so very stale it's all corners layout is why I like it, it's a challenge just like the others I said above.

Can't say many action adventure or RPG levels. The environments may look fine but don't really do much for me in design, they may set the scene but I don't particularly care for them or remember them as well. I usually remember racing or platformer levels more because of their level design and backgrounds and atmosphere than those that are a journey but I find have more open space and walls and such but nothing that memorable for me personally. Even then for tactics RPGs I find more of the ones I can grind in well to be more appealing than the ones where I can't. A good mix of buffs/hindrances of obstacles are cool but usually it's a gimmick or so per level or levels later so eh.
Jan 1, 2023 5:42 PM

May 2021
I love snowy areas too, especially games that include that satisfying snow crunch when you walk. There's something to be said about the solitude of a snowy biome. I also really fancy places with a lot of flowers like the Flower Forest biome in Minecraft.

More topics from this board

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - 4 hours ago

1 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

46 by 0arche »»
5 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
8 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Today

3 by Theo1899 »»
10 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
Today, 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.