Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 3, 2022 7:24 AM

May 2015
I definitely thought this test was gonna be a breeze. But that cliffhanger at the end is very tense. Fran literally got teleported away without teacher because of all these spiders nasty status effects. This show always knows how to surprise me!
Dec 3, 2022 2:31 PM
Nov 2021
Bastiono said:
MimKJWPqmYxFZwoY said:

Her armor and her level, which means that, at the very least, she has some stats even without Teacher's passive skills that boost her. We also know she has sword technique level 1, but that's not gonna be very useful unless she has access to the dimensional storage, she's hiding a backup sword somewhere, or she finds one around, none of them feel very likely.

She did put the demons sword into dimensional holding, along with those fish monster and the swamp water.

We're really going to see Fran get inventive next episode, probably going to see that curry used in the fight too

I'm not sure if that's what you're implying, but Fran can't access dimensionnal storage either, as that's also a shared skill.
Dec 3, 2022 2:37 PM
May 2020
SOMEONE KNOW WHY IN ITALY WE CAN ONLY SEE 6 ep?????
Is the traductioners alrigth ??
Dec 3, 2022 6:28 PM
May 2015
fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun
Dec 4, 2022 4:35 AM
Aug 2018
This anime has really great writing.
They say "We need a nasty old guy with an unique skill to try our steal skill", a nasty old guy appears one second latter.
They say "There is a complex trap with teleport and unequipping", next second, they get teleported.
And obviously, the two weakest guys who can't use magic just happen to run into Fran (who just happen not to avoid them) and who just to happen to fall 13 steps without breaking her fall... who just happen to stay 5 second without moving so the trap activate...
They say you are allowed one coincidence in a whole story...
Well, anyway, I hope "teacher" will reveal his identity to Amanda to maximize his chance of saving Fran.
PS : Seeing how the story say something... and then the "something happen in a span of 5 minutes", I doubt they went to all this explanation of skill for no reason. Fran is probably going to learn a skill next episode "granted by God".
Rukodaime91Dec 4, 2022 4:42 AM
Dec 4, 2022 4:32 PM
Oct 2022
its been fun to watch fran's got a great story and background the anime and story is funny and exciting
Dec 4, 2022 9:10 PM

Oct 2022
That was unexpected, but this will probably be Fran's biggest test, we know she used her real skills when sparring against Amanda last week... but this is completely different, can't wait to see how she tackles this without Teacher nearby.
Dec 4, 2022 9:23 PM
Feb 2020
Ragon_Qc said:

I'm not sure if that's what you're implying, but Fran can't access dimensionnal storage either, as that's also a shared skill.

When they used 'Skill Steal' both used it and both of them gained a skill from it, even though only Shisho learned and leveled it

I'm willing to bet that registering Fran as his wielder created some kind of bond between them and 'telepathy' doesn't work as they need to location (it's not an AoE/call into the void type skill)
Dec 4, 2022 11:05 PM
Nov 2021
Bastiono said:
Ragon_Qc said:

When they used 'Skill Steal' both used it and both of them gained a skill from it, even though only Shisho learned and leveled it

I'm willing to bet that registering Fran as his wielder created some kind of bond between them and 'telepathy' doesn't work as they need to location (it's not an AoE/call into the void type skill)

I'll try to word this in a spoiler-free fashion using only what we've seen so far.

Teacher can equip a number of skills (there's a limit, but it's around 10 atm iirc. He can change those at will). Those skills are shared to the wielder. The wielder can now use those skills as if it was theirs. We've seen that happen with Sword Mastery, Sword Techniques, various kinds of magics, Skill Taker.
Fran got hit by a complex trap of Teleportation and Disarmement.
Can Fran still use skills that were shared? She said "Without Teacher, i can't use Skills or Magic."
Obviously, she can still use her very own skills, like Darkness Vision, Sense of Direction, and courtroom etiquette 4. (That she stole for herself using the shared Skill Taker)
But she looked like she tried to use magic or shared skills and it wasn't working, at the end of the episode.
Dec 4, 2022 11:11 PM
Oct 2019
Thank goodness they explained how the system work in this episode even though it's usually supposed to be in the earlier episode lol

Now it's time to see what Fran can do without Shishou.
Dec 6, 2022 6:35 AM
Oct 2022
i like it and enjoy every episode
Dec 7, 2022 1:49 AM

Nov 2013
Good. Now we'll see what Fran's capable of without the assist from the OP sword.
Dec 7, 2022 10:04 AM

Nov 2016
Season 2 of Kumo desu ga, nani ka? is looking good.

Enjoying this dungeon adventure. The party has some pretty likeable characters. Poor Krad is always taking Ls.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2022 11:04 AM

Jul 2022
they went to an easy dungeon but of course things didn't go as planned
ok
Dec 7, 2022 2:46 PM

Aug 2017
The gang heads into the spider dungeon to conquer it.

Fran learns more about mana manipulation, elements, compounded elements, and skills from Amanda.
She slowly starts to open up to her. And by the time they hit the 4th floor, Fran gives curry to Amanda as a sign of trust and acceptance. Awww so wholesome.

But damn that climax at the end almost gave me a heart attack. Fran gets teleported with out her sword. She encounters a giant spider. Being defenseless and un-armed, Fran is back to a corner. This is going to be a brutal fight.

Dec 7, 2022 3:26 PM

Jun 2017
Fran needs to learn summon weapon or something.
Dec 7, 2022 7:10 PM

Feb 2019
damn, it ended just as it was getting good!
how will Fran escape the Trickster Spider? and will Teacher reveal himself to Amanda?
Dec 7, 2022 11:09 PM

May 2019
Heck of a cliffhanger there. At least we'll see what Fran can do without Teacher as she's been OP due to his assistance. I think her and the 2 guys may at least be able to hold their own while waiting for help. Also, not sure if Fran can use lightening on her own or if that's a shared ability but it will be interesting to watch what unfolds that's for sure.
Dec 9, 2022 9:16 AM

May 2020
Saw the cliffhanger coming from a mile away, as things were going too easy for a dungeon exploration. Though can't say the same for spider waifu xD
Dec 10, 2022 8:05 PM

Oct 2019
been curious to see if she could still fight without teacher
Dec 11, 2022 3:21 AM

Jun 2019
Oh boy... the shit has turned up suddenly. Fran doesn't have Shishou anymore and they're stuck at the worst place possible. How will they survive that spider?
Dec 11, 2022 5:14 AM

Oct 2008
Force Unequip eh? that's a tricky one!
Fran should temporarily not rely on Shishou for the moment!
5/5.

Dec 14, 2022 3:46 PM
Dec 2022
Enjoying this show in general. Sweet but not needing a harem of large breasted support cast. Hoping for S2
Dec 20, 2022 5:26 AM

Jan 2017
For an info-dump episode regarding the mechanics of Arts, Skills and Magic it wasn't boring surprisingly. Seeing the whole group dealing with what the dungeon has to offer is a nice change of pace from the Fran battles
Dec 25, 2022 9:47 PM

Feb 2021
Fran is in the danger now...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2023 2:17 PM

Oct 2008
WOW!!! I was wondering about this: What will happen if they would eventually split apart in a fight/danger situation?

The KuroNeko girl is good at using only her powers without the sword multiplier, but she's still using the sword and borrowing those powers from it as well, if they would be separated for some reason, that connection would end, which leaves with... And that's the question. With what? What would she do in a situation like that?
I really want to figure this out!

Another good ep from this awesome series, this time with a lot of rhetoric but still with some action for us not to be bored.
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Jan 16, 2023 2:20 AM

Jul 2015
With how quick Fran learns her skills and stuff, I hope she doesn't get bored as her curiosity is way too adorable.

Jan 16, 2023 4:49 AM
Sep 2020
Wow Amanda teaching Fran and teacher is so cool !!But at end that cliff hanger omg !!!! 
Jan 26, 2023 7:02 PM
Jan 2023
Swords>Spears but Amanda is on a whole different level
Mar 2, 2023 10:34 AM
Jan 2021
The requirements for Wood Magic are the same as Wood Style in Naruto, Earth and Water. However, one needs to have an affinity for both Water and Earth magic (which according to Amanda, that is rare).

And there are five other types of Compound Magic:
Water + Wind = Ice Magic(Just like Naruto via Haku's clan)
Water + Fire = Life Magic
Wind + Fire = Thunder Magic
Wind + Earth = Sand Magic
Earth + Wind = Metal Magic

Along with:
Water + Earth = Wood Magic

In other words, anyone who can use 2 elements of magic have the potential to learn a type of compound magic. If one learns 3 elements, they can use 3 types (Ex: if someone could use Water, Earth, and Wind, they could use Wood Magic, Metal Magic, and Ice Magic).

This will be great for my own future reference. I can understand Fran's mental overload.

Now onto the twist. There is this Trickster Spider that has made this dungeon well beyond an E Rank quest and now, Fran no longer has teacher because of the combined Teleportation and Forced Unequip trap. As you all know, Fran can't fight without Teacher because all the skills she has are ones that he's shared.

Will Teacher have to talk to Amanda or somebody else in order to get back to Fran?
Mar 13, 2023 4:34 AM

Dec 2013
It was actually pretty interesting to learn more about skills and magic. 

Teacher being left behind was a bit of a shocking moment. Now it actually feels like Fran might be in danger. 
Oct 9, 2023 2:17 PM

Apr 2019
this is getting exciting! well since this anime is much more mature than i thought it would be in the sense they show a lot of violence, this means that Fran is in for a beating.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Dec 15, 2023 7:48 AM

Nov 2023
Fran really loves curry! Curry episode yayayaay
Mar 17, 10:33 AM

Aug 2019
why dont they have noses.

guile.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2022

170 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

99 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

107 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.