Forum Settings
Forums

'Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!' 2023 Rankings Revealed

Nov 30, 2022 6:15 AM
#1
News Team
(ノ≧∀≦)ノ ☕

Offline
Apr 2010
3207
The Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! (This Light Novel is Amazing!) guidebook has revealed its annual light novel rankings for 2023. This list includes the ten most popular light novels, characters, and illustrators as polled by readers.

Light Novels
*1. Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e: 2-nensei-hen
*2. Chitose-kun wa Ramune Bin no Naka
*3. Watashi wa Anata no Namida ni Naritai
*4. Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken
*5. Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Aalya-san
*6. Ryuugoroshi no Brunhild
*7. Watashi, Nibanme no Kanojo de Ii kara.
*8. Spy Kyoushitsu
*9. Gimai Seikatsu
10. Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru.

Books
*1. Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen
*2. Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai: Kyou kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life
*3. Yuusha-kei ni Shosu: Choubatsu Yuusha 9004-tai Keimu Kiroku
*4. Silent Witch: Chinmoku no Majo no Kakushigoto
*5. Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
*6. Koishita Hito wa, Imouto no Kawari ni Shindekure to Itta.
*7. Sasaki to Pii-chan
*8. Kusuri no Mamono no Kaiko Riyuu
*9. Overlord
10. Tensei Reijou to Suki na Jinsei wo

Female Characters
*1. Shiina Mahiru (Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Aida ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteiru ken)
*2. Kei Karuizawa (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e)
*3. Yukino Yukinoshita (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.)
*4. Rozemyne (Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen)
*5. Dahlia Rossetti (Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai: Kyou kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life)
*6. Siesta (Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru.)
*7. Yuzuki Nanase (Chitose-kun wa Ramune Bin no Naka)
*8. Alisa Mikhailovna Kujou (Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Aalya-san)
*9. Saki Ayase (Gimai Seikatsu)
10. Vladilena Milizé (86)

Male Characters
*1. Kiyotaka Ayanokouji (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e)
*2. Chitose Saku (Chitose-kun wa Ramune Bin no Naka)
*3. Amane Fujimiya (Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Aida ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteiru ken)
*4. Hachiman Hikigaya (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.)
*5. Ferdinand (Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen)
*6. Masachika Kuze (Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Aalya-san)
*7. Shinei Nouzen (86)
*8. Kimizuka Kimihiko (Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru.)
*9. Wolfred Scalfarotto (Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai: Kyou kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life)
10. Yuuta Asamura (Gimai Seikatsu)

Illustrators
*1. Shunsaku Tomose (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e)
*2. raemz (Chitose-kun wa Ramune Bin no Naka)
*3. Hanekoto (Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken)
*4. Hiten (Gimai Seikatsu)
*5. Momoco (Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Aalya-san)
*6. Umibouzu (Tantei wa mou, Shindeiru.)
*7. You Shiina (Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen)
*8. Shirabi (86)
*9. Shigure Ui (Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy)
10. Fly (Jaku-chara Tomozaki-kun)

Source: Kimirano, Official Guidebook

← Previous Year
SnowDec 1, 2022 5:50 PM
Nov 30, 2022 6:42 AM
#2
The Komori

Offline
Mar 2013
7145
I'm very interested in #2 and #5.....Would love to see them get an anime one day
Nov 30, 2022 6:43 AM
#3

Offline
Mar 2021
1292
Ironic that the #1 illustrator in the industry produces more Hentai than anything else.
Nov 30, 2022 7:13 AM
#4

Offline
Oct 2010
18279
yukino is still popular? the hell is wrong with people?
Nov 30, 2022 7:17 AM
#5

Offline
Feb 2021
4207
ColourWheel said:
Ironic that the #1 illustrator in the industry produces more Hentai than anything else.

Indded. He should write hentai instead of other works.
Nov 30, 2022 7:38 AM
#6
The Attack Titan

Offline
May 2019
1405
Catalano said:
yukino is still popular? the hell is wrong with people?
cata back at it again with peak taste in waifus bruh take this W already
Nov 30, 2022 8:16 AM
#7
Offline
Mar 2021
6
Kei Karuizawa ranked higher than Vladilena Milizé. Did something happened in 86 ln that led to her low ranking (I am COTE LN enjoyer)
Nov 30, 2022 8:40 AM
#8

Offline
Feb 2021
4207
NinjaJr7200 said:
Kei Karuizawa ranked higher than Vladilena Milizé. Did something happened in 86 ln that led to her low ranking (I am COTE LN enjoyer)

I also wonder why, Vladilena is a very interesting girl.
Nov 30, 2022 8:50 AM
#9

Online
May 2020
7666
GOAT Hachiman still making the top 5's, and dude thinks he ain't popular.
Nov 30, 2022 9:15 AM
Offline
Mar 2021
6
Ayanokoji being the best male character for like the 4th year now?
Nov 30, 2022 9:22 AM

Offline
Feb 2021
4207
NinjaJr7200 said:
Ayanokoji being the best male character for like the 4th year now?

It seems so. What people like in him I wonder.
Nov 30, 2022 9:34 AM

Offline
Sep 2009
2635
NinjaJr7200 said:
Kei Karuizawa ranked higher than Vladilena Milizé. Did something happened in 86 ln that led to her low ranking (I am COTE LN enjoyer)


I think it's just YouJitsu being more popular than 86.
Nov 30, 2022 10:29 AM

Offline
Apr 2016
17892
But this is only amongst the 14 years olds right ?
Nov 30, 2022 11:14 AM

Offline
Feb 2021
4207
Swagernator said:
But this is only amongst the 14 years olds right ?

I think not only among them, there is wider range of ages.
Nov 30, 2022 2:40 PM
Offline
Aug 2021
34
Also COTE, Bookworm and Chitose have entered the Hall of Fame, which means they won't appear in the next Konorano rankings
Dec 1, 2022 6:43 AM

Offline
Apr 2012
13957
It's like I'm back at the end of 00s or the beginning of 10s.
Dec 1, 2022 7:40 AM

Offline
Jul 2019
368
Curious to read some of the books on this list.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Dec 1, 2022 11:47 AM

Offline
Feb 2021
3764
Mahiru #1 let's go

Also nice to see Chiramune in #2 and also raemz, it's pretty nice that an American illustrator can be this popular.
Dec 3, 2022 5:15 AM

Online
Oct 2017
17176
Classroom of the elite dominating yet again.
Dec 3, 2022 11:21 PM

Offline
Oct 2015
710
Mahiru stops the COTE sweep~

Amane being no3 is surprising~

I have too many LNs in my plan-to-read list. :(
Dec 17, 2022 3:44 AM

Offline
Jan 2020
9909
Roshidere and Momoco finally in top 5! (although I'm the only one who cares it seems) Would have liked to Alisa higher, but 8th place is still great. Glad that Hiten is in 4th place. More and more hentai authors are becoming popular light novel artists.
Dec 18, 2022 7:26 AM
Councillor

Offline
Apr 2017
65
BOOKWORM IS #1! This is a good day!

Jan 1, 6:07 AM
Offline
Jul 2020
55
Liangshanhaohan said:
Also COTE, Bookworm and Chitose have entered the Hall of Fame, which means they won't appear in the next Konorano rankings


What does this mean? I don't know this Hall of Fame thing, can you explain it?
Jan 1, 10:45 AM

Offline
Feb 2015
13806
From someone who read Otonari.... I feel like this shouldnt be this high but then again... how can I blame teens at their most imaginative and youthful age? Anyway. I'm happy that Gimai Seikatsu is out there. This LN deserves more than this but I am happy. 
Jan 1, 10:54 AM

Offline
Feb 2015
13806

Memores said:
NinjaJr7200 said:
Ayanokoji being the best male character for like the 4th year now?

It seems so. What people like in him I wonder.

There is a clear contrast between the LN and how the anime perceived Ayanokouji as a student and as a character. The first anime adaptation already established him as a manipulator and as somewhat of a God. Yet in the LN, it's depicted him more so as socially awkward and just not really caring much around him. Well, this at some point where things escalated. 

I still hold my views on him today when I finished reading y1 and I will continue to do so until I get caught up in the LN. The thing is, the anime, I feel like tended to the audience, as we all know who is he actually so that's prolly why. He is not Onii-sama tho so ehhh no.
Jan 1, 10:56 AM

Offline
Feb 2021
4207
_Ako_ said:

Memores said:

It seems so. What people like in him I wonder.

There is a clear contrast between the LN and how the anime perceived Ayanokouji as a student and as a character. The first anime adaptation already established him as a manipulator and as somewhat of a God. Yet in the LN, it's depicted him more so as socially awkward and just not really caring much around him. Well, this at some point where things escalated. 

I still hold my views on him today when I finished reading y1 and I will continue to do so until I get caught up in the LN. The thing is, the anime, I feel like tended to the audience, as we all know who is he actually so that's prolly why. He is not Onii-sama tho so ehhh no.
Thanks for this clarification! It seems that in LN he is a better person than in anime.
Jan 1, 11:40 AM

Offline
Mar 2013
243
Yadava98 said:


What does this mean? I don't know this Hall of Fame thing, can you explain it?
This ranking system has a rule where if a work places top 3 (I believe) in a category for three years in a row, then that work will be excluded from that category from the following years.

In other words, that's why SAO and Oregairu and other really popular works aren't always at the top of the list, with Oregairu, for example, getting 1st three years in a row. Basically it's to give the spotlight to new works instead of the most popular novels constantly placing high
Jan 9, 8:50 PM
Offline
Jan 2023
2
Second year without Mikoto Misaka in the top 10. I suppose after 9 years of dominance, her era is finally over.
Jan 12, 4:26 AM

Offline
Jul 2016
1334
WellWell_22 said:
Second year without Mikoto Misaka in the top 10. I suppose after 9 years of dominance, her era is finally over.
She isn't on this list not because that her era has over, but because she has already entered the HoF list which means she won't appear in the character ranking again after winning the 1st place for so many years lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiJan 12, 4:30 AM
Jan 12, 7:54 AM
Offline
Jan 2023
8
thanks, love it! Lot of excellent stories here!
Jan 14, 8:21 AM
Offline
Jan 2023
2
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
WellWell_22 said:
Second year without Mikoto Misaka in the top 10. I suppose after 9 years of dominance, her era is finally over.
She isn't on this list not because that her era has over, but because she has already entered the HoF list which means she won't appear in the character ranking again after winning the 1st place for so many years lol.
Isn't HoF only for novels? In case of Misaka, she first became third in 2020, then seventh in 2021, before being removed from the list in 2022, 2023. I think her situation is different? 
For instance, Yukino is still in current list despite Oregairu being in HoF.

Not sure though.
WellWell_22Jan 14, 8:24 AM

More topics from this board

» 'Tengoku Daimakyou' Reveals Main Cast, Spring 2023 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 3

5 by Say-My-Name »»
1 hour ago

» 'Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu' Reveals Additional Cast, Ending Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

18 by EcchiGodMamster »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen' Announces Additional Cast, Opening Theme

Hyperion_PS - Feb 3

18 by Rickydory123 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon' Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo, Summer 2023 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - Jan 30

7 by ninka22 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Ultraman Final' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo, Spring 2023 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 2

7 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:32 PM