Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2022 1:51 AM
Feb 2021
BetterBegoneThot said:
spazmodeactice said:
The main think I want to say is that from what I’ve seen in the community is people being way to unfair on CSM, especially when comparing it to shows like KnY and JJK.

People seem to forget that KnY and JJK didn’t explode until the later halves of their seasons which both contain 24 episodes. CSM is only 12 episodes and we are only on the 8th one at least wait until the season finishes before saying they don’t compare.

With all the hype CSM got this was always bound to happen but all the stuff the CSM fandom love mostly don’t come into play in the later half of the story.

I know this is abit of a waffle but all I’m saying is I see a lot of people hating on CSM for unfair reasons and giving it unfair comparisons IMO.

Also people saying the CGI is bad, let’s be real, if you ain’t a fan of CGI then fair enough but CSM is not bad CG, Berserk 2017 is bad CG, as CG goes in anime CSM is doing it really well and I’m really enjoying it, I’m enjoying the whole production of CSM, which imo is definitely better than JJK and season 1 of KnY but that’s just me

So it's unfair to call CSM bad early on but it's good to review other seasonals as less than a 5 in 3 episodes (Do It Yourself, for example)? Yeah, totally sounds fine to me.

Besides, as someone mentioned, people already were giving 10s from the first episode. If we are going to be "fair", then why say it's perfect on the first episode instead of waiting for the full cour, or at least for half of it?

As I said previously giving / calling a show a masterpiece before a season is finished is ridiculous. And CSM isn't perfect, nothing is perfect at the end of the day, but I was mainly saying I think people were being unfair to the CG, in the medium as a whole, and in CSM because I haven't had a problem with it apart from maybe the snake in ep 8, and with people constantly comparing it to shows that have completed seasons and saying "oh Chainsaw Man hasn't surpassed JJK or KnY, the shows mid" after 8 episodes. If you want to compare the show to other shows after the first 8 episodes, I just think its unfair to compare a show with a completed season to one that still is ongoing and still early in its story
Nov 30, 2022 1:58 AM

Nov 2020
spazmodeactice said:
onionboys said:

????

most people agree ep 1 of demon slayer is one of the most viewer attracting episodes in anime

It hooks you in as a viewer, but the show didn't become popular globally until episode 19
who cares about being popular globally? How can an anime even reach global popularity after just one episode without proper buildup in previous episodes? Ofc It's going to be pilot episodes that end up being building blocks for how popular a show is going to be not just one specific episode. If Death note episode 1 was not as eye catching as it is, It wouldn't go on to be the most popular anime. Same with AOT and Demon slayer. First impressions matter.
Tabibitosan_Nov 30, 2022 2:08 AM
Nov 30, 2022 1:59 AM
Feb 2021
onionboys said:
omegaxxx said:

bruh Tangiro is literally just Asta, Deku, shinra or natsu re skinned the characters don't have any uniqueness to them its just same old I have a big dream, I want to have my revenge, I want to be the strongest, I want to save people (total strangers) then you have someone like Denji who cares little about being strong, don't have any big dream, gives zero fucks about saving strangers and just want to live his life as simple as it is the only connection between Denji and all those characters is they will do any thing to achieve their goal even if his is just to touch some boobs he is willing to risk his life to do it. that is an interesting character I have already seen a lot of Tangiro or Inoske and I will still see more but Denji nah 👌🏽👌🏽

re zero's subaru is pretty much an exact copy of denji, oh wait... no denji copied re zero.

also not to mention most modern romance characters are just denji without powerd

I don't know what romances you are watching for most characters being like Denji, a character who was literally selling parts of his body just to survive, never had a friend in his life part from Pochita, was being used for the Yakuza because his Dad died. Like how are most modern romance characters just Denji? I've seen my fair share of romance anime and I can safley say from the ones i've seen not many are like Denji at all

Nov 30, 2022 2:05 AM
Feb 2021
Tabibitosan_ said:
8.83 rating after 8 episodes equates to being unfairly judged? Respectfully STFU

If you actually read what I am saying, you would understand im saying is I think that people are being unfair to the CG, because persoanlly I don't have a problem with it and compared to some CG (Berserk 2017) it looks good, and the show is being compared to shows that didn't get "popular" / good or however you want to call it until like episode 19 for JJK and KnY
Nov 30, 2022 2:16 AM
Aug 2021
If you're 2/3rds into a show and can't compare it then when can you?
Nov 30, 2022 2:18 AM

May 2018
onionboys said:
it took 8 episodes for the so called goat anime to get good lol

demon slayer took 1, aot took 1

if you think episode 1 of demon slayer is better than csm ep 1 you are in severe need of some new brain cells.

i dont even think this adaptation is very good but jesus christ
⚠ This user has received numerous reports of abuse and harassment. Please report any guideline violations to MAL staff.
Nov 30, 2022 2:18 AM
Feb 2021
Tabibitosan_ said:
spazmodeactice said:

It hooks you in as a viewer, but the show didn't become popular globally until episode 19
who cares about being popular globally? How can an anime even reach global popularity after just one episode without proper buildup in previous episodes? Ofc It's going to be pilot episodes that end up being building blocks for how popular a show is going to be not just one specific episode. If Death note episode 1 was not as eye catching as it is, It wouldn't go on to be the most popular anime. Same with AOT and Demon slayer. First impressions matter.

I was mostly referring to our whole conversation with the person I replied saying the show hooks you in after the first episode which it does, but in terms of reputation KnY didn't reach the heights it did until like episode 19, and people forget that after the first 8 episodes of KnY I doubt anyone was giving it the praises it has received. And that brings me back to my OG point of people unfairly comparing the show to KnY for example
Nov 30, 2022 2:24 AM
Feb 2021
StarZone1 said:

You can compare the show whenever you want, I'm saying that before people start saying CSM is mid, or it doesn't compare to JJK or KnY, at least wait until the first Cour is finished. Because imo comparing a show that has 8 episodes to a show that has 40 plus episodes is abit unfair, if you want to compare the shows side by side at least look at the first 8 episodes of the show because people are looking at KnY with rose tinted glasses
Nov 30, 2022 2:25 AM
Jun 2021
onionboys said:

Nobody gave a shit about demon slayer until episode 19 blew up on Twitter. The first episode of aot was good but nobody cares about the trost arc either
Nov 30, 2022 3:26 AM

Mar 2020
The second half of the manga is way better and everything up until this point is only going to make sense near the end.
Nov 30, 2022 3:37 AM
Jul 2022
The show has a total 12 episodes as of now we’re currently 8 down, how come only csm cant be judged and every other anime can, everyone shares their own opinion. Stop trying to force your own opinion and ideology on others.
Nov 30, 2022 3:53 AM
Feb 2021
triplem405 said:
The show has a total 12 episodes as of now we’re currently 8 down, how come only csm cant be judged and every other anime can, everyone shares their own opinion. Stop trying to force your own opinion and ideology on others.

I’m not saying the anime can’t be judged. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions on shows and I’m not trying to force an ideology on anyone.
I’m saying it’s unfair to compare CSM with shows like KnY, because KnY has 2 seasons and a movie and it is well into its source material, while with CSM we haven’t even finished the first season and still very much in the introduction phase of the story, that’s why I think they are unfair comparisons. People look at KnY as a whole when talking about the show e.g. S2 and the film which is probably KnY at its best so far and they are comparing it to a show that is still fresh, that is what I’m saying.
Nov 30, 2022 4:47 AM
Oct 2022
Blame the fandom for that. CSM fans have been extremely toxic to JJK, KNY and AOT fans putting those series down and blabbering about how CSM will shit on them and bring a new era to the anime world. Now that people see that the anime is not all that and that it’s just another anime running this season they started acting like victims.
Nov 30, 2022 4:51 AM
Jan 2022
For csm manga, it was like this at the beginning, since story didn't take grip, rating was low, but when it started taking grip,the rating skyrocketed.
Nov 30, 2022 5:11 AM
Dec 2021
Scavendgarr said:
csm isn't bad, just mid.

Look! An Akame Ga Kill fan 😂😂, go watch Edgerunners not CSM fr fr.
Nov 30, 2022 5:23 AM
Nov 2021
WilfredJohnson said:
onionboys said:

Nobody gave a shit about demon slayer until episode 19 blew up on Twitter. The first episode of aot was good but nobody cares about the trost arc either

User is probably high on something

Not even KnY fans (real ones not troll accounts) would be this delusional

You can even check what people though about ep1 here

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1775930&pollresults=1

It was good but not near the hype this user is trying to lie about... shit only got real recognition with the 19ep hype.

Nov 30, 2022 6:00 AM

Aug 2018
JJK and demon slayer were still really popular when they started airing
_______I like rocks__
Nov 30, 2022 7:59 AM
Aug 2022
onionboys said:

ok? many animes are different, deal with it. just because you think that from ep 1 it hasnt gotten good doesnt mean that its bad. again, csm wont get good from the start, s2 and s3 will get much better. deal with it, hater.
Nov 30, 2022 8:01 AM
Aug 2022
onionboys said:
spazmodeactice said:

Anyone calling anything “goat” after 8 episodes is ridiculous
But if someone has read the manga and called it “goat” that’s completely justified.
CSM had the hype because the manga is amazing, imo better than KnY by a fair margin.
And firstly KnY didn’t “get good” after one episode for me personally, while I the first episode did hook me into the story, it didn’t get “good” for me until probably around episode 15-16.
And AOT again hooked you after the first episode and was really good in season 1 but for me personally S1 is one of the weaker seasons of the show

those other shows hooked you because they had original and amazing plots that had not been seen in anime

csm is just copy and pasting what has worked in shonen from the past decade

the source material is NOT goat level for csm, and the animation is not helping

tf u getting copy pasting from? name an anime/manga that has been stolen by csm.
Nov 30, 2022 8:09 AM
Aug 2022
StarZone1 said:

tf you gettin 2/3rds from? the show is barely in the first third.
Nov 30, 2022 8:23 AM

Oct 2013
Cad3t21 said:
Scavendgarr said:
csm isn't bad, just mid.

There are many anime I rate better than akame, but thanks for care enough to checked my list!
Nov 30, 2022 9:31 AM

Apr 2020
You mean like every popular Show, ever, on here?

Yeah....Not surprised about this....
Nov 30, 2022 9:52 AM

Nov 2020
LOL, how hypocritical all of you guys are, yall decide it is the best anime of all time a year before it EVEN releases. Year later it actually releases and gets all the justified hate because it turns out it wasn't anything that special and now you guys complain about us giving us a factual statement that the garbage is garbage????
Nov 30, 2022 10:10 AM

Oct 2017
Since people struggle to understand, the more popular a show is, the more dislikes there will be (just as much as the more likes there will be), this isn't shocking and shouldn't be news to anyone. E.g. 1% of a million people looks like a lot compared to 1% of 1k people.
This is hating on a show which just happens to be a popular show, not because it's popular to hate it, because it really isn't, it's popular to love it. If you want to look at shows that are popular to hate, you'd, for starters, be seeing ~90% of every single post and comment trash-talking the show.

And guess what? People are allowed to hate it. It's not special in any way and monopolizes from sexual fanservice and violence.
Nov 30, 2022 10:25 AM
Feb 2021
Skimt said:
On my personal enjoyment scale I'm giving it a 6, maybe 7, and now at episode 7-8 I'm putting the anime on hold, because the protagonist's motivations doesn't suit me, but I will still recommend that people try the anime for themselves, as it's by no means bad for what it's trying to accomplish. Is that unfairly judged?

No that is completely fair, I would say that Denji does develop and his motivations does change and he becomes a more likeable character later in the series. But as you said it's just not your taste and that is a completly fair reason to not enjoy a show
Nov 30, 2022 10:43 AM
Dec 2021
Scavendgarr said:
Cad3t21 said:

There are many anime I rate better than akame, but thanks for care enough to checked my list!

Working as a Babysitter is so much hard, y'know?
Nov 30, 2022 11:03 AM

Apr 2017
i know one friend who didn't like the CSM even though he's already in EP 8. I still respect his take tbh.

Nov 30, 2022 12:23 PM
Jul 2022
Bro they read the manga so obviously they can still compare judging the anime is worse than the manga
Nov 30, 2022 12:31 PM

Dec 2019
I also see them unfairly praising the show. I don't see the problem.
Nov 30, 2022 12:56 PM
Apr 2022
It’s amazing how threads that support CM aren’t locked, but then threads that openly criticized it are haha. This show is a 8.3 at best solely for the animation.
Nov 30, 2022 1:11 PM
Apr 2020
I wasn’t convinced from the first few episodes but my god has the last few changed my mind, currently an 8/10 for me, the last 4 can easily push it up to a 9
Nov 30, 2022 1:23 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You can almost guarantee that if you removed all the hype, this would be hailed as a hidden gem by pretty much everyone. With more popularity come more haters; it's only natural

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 30, 2022 2:11 PM

Jan 2021
I mean, if we go by this it is also being unfairly praised, no? Or how come one usual nekketsu series episode 1 got to Top 2 in MAL for a couple of hours?
Nov 30, 2022 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
judging an anime after 100 episodes is idiotic, an anime should be judged after the first 2 seconds, you can' tell me when I can and can't judge shit and it doesn't matter if people think it's bad or good, what matters is your own experience. I consider Noein the best anime ever made but I will never shove it in people's throats.
Nov 30, 2022 3:38 PM

Jul 2021
Chainsaw Man is this popular man what do you expect
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 30, 2022 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
thunderkitten13 said:
It’s amazing how threads that support CM aren’t locked, but then threads that openly criticized it are haha. This show is a 8.3 at best solely for the animation.

Probably support thread gives more positivity than critic thread usually just proceeds into shittalk and negative interaction between user.
Nov 30, 2022 4:44 PM
Oct 2019
This is something that just happens whenever something popular comes out. I think the hype surrounding the show was so massive that anything less than a masterpiece by episode 2 would satisfy them. While yes, these people are judging the show unfairly, it's not entirely their fault.

Also I don't care whether or not people like the CGI. You can have your opinion on it, but it feels like that's all people talk about whenever a new episode comes out and I'm kinda tired of it
Dec 1, 2022 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
You people post a thousand posts on CSM...like every damn day, STOP IT!
If you stop doing that shit- no one gives a fvck bout judging your dipshi anime.
Dec 2, 2022 1:32 AM
Feb 2015
im not gonna read your post but 8 episodes is more than enough to start judging something, regardless of how good its going to get in 20 episodes
Dec 2, 2022 4:02 AM
Mar 2014
onionboys said:
spazmodeactice said:

Anyone calling anything “goat” after 8 episodes is ridiculous
But if someone has read the manga and called it “goat” that’s completely justified.
CSM had the hype because the manga is amazing, imo better than KnY by a fair margin.
And firstly KnY didn’t “get good” after one episode for me personally, while I the first episode did hook me into the story, it didn’t get “good” for me until probably around episode 15-16.
And AOT again hooked you after the first episode and was really good in season 1 but for me personally S1 is one of the weaker seasons of the show

those other shows hooked you because they had original and amazing plots that had not been seen in anime

Nothing wrong with criticising a story or not liking it, but calling it copy-paste for shounen is a pretty weird thing to choose to criticise it. The author has said what inspirations he took from in interviews and stuff too, most of them aren't even shounen series. Did you actually read csm
Dec 2, 2022 11:27 AM
Oct 2021
whamomymamos said:
onionboys said:

Nothing wrong with criticising a story or not liking it, but calling it copy-paste for shounen is a pretty weird thing to choose to criticise it. The author has said what inspirations he took from in interviews and stuff too, most of them aren't even shounen series. Did you actually read csm

this is a forum for the chainsaw man ANIME. why on earth are u bringing up the manga lmao. its literally the simplest thing to follow directions
Candy:
Dec 2, 2022 11:31 AM
Jan 2021
onionboys said:

Demon slayer was not good at it's first episode, are you high?
Dec 2, 2022 11:33 AM
Oct 2021
NevrTD said:
onionboys said:

Demon slayer was not good at it's first episode, are you high?

its got an 8.4 on imdb and a 8.8 on MAL but yes lets trust the guy who thought the fucking chimera arc was good LMAO
Candy:
Dec 2, 2022 4:02 PM

Oct 2021
spazmodeactice said:
from what I’ve seen in the community is people being way to unfair on CSM

Who's being unfair to CSM and who are you referring to as "the community"?

All I'm seeing is hype praise and love everywhere. Scores are high, episode ratings are over 4.6 and everyone can't stop enjoying this series, let's not forget the countless content creators and influencers advertising their love for the show.

Oh, you must be referring to the minority of elitist and extreme critics on mal forums in this case. Do specify next time.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

781 by XxSkullPistolzxX »»
Apr 19, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.