Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 29, 2022 4:43 PM

Feb 2022
Just asking but I've been planning on watching One piece and wanted to see if there are any fans out there to make this journey more enthusiastic by commenting on what your favourite character is so I can look out for them :)
no

Nov 29, 2022 4:47 PM
Aug 2021
I'd recommend that you read it instead, the pacing in the anime is rather bad. As for favorite characters Usopp and Buggy are both great,
Nov 29, 2022 4:51 PM

Feb 2022
Npclucario said:
I'd recommend that you read it instead, the pacing in the anime is rather bad. As for favorite characters Usopp and Buggy are both great,

uhhh cool, yh i'll read the manga instead then thanks
no

Nov 29, 2022 4:55 PM
Aug 2021
UnchiStoreClerk said:
Npclucario said:

the anime does have good parts from what I've heard, but nothing good can come of trying to turn 1000ish chapters into the same amount of episodes, just look at stuff like this from fairly recent episodes.
https://youtu.be/o0RnadaSHto
this is one page in the manga.
Now to be fair to the anime it does have some parts with really good animation, but it's your choice to decide if it's worth it. Alternatively you could just watch the best clips on youtube and read the rest or something like that.
Nov 29, 2022 4:57 PM

Feb 2022
Npclucario said:
UnchiStoreClerk said:

the anime does have good parts from what I've heard, but nothing good can come of trying to turn 1000ish chapters into the same amount of episodes, just look at stuff like this from fairly recent episodes.
https://youtu.be/o0RnadaSHto
this is one page in the manga.
Now to be fair to the anime it does have some parts with really good animation, but it's your choice to decide if it's worth it. Alternatively you could just watch the best clips on youtube and read the rest or something like that.

if i were to watch it on anime would it best to watch it dub or sub
no

Nov 29, 2022 4:59 PM
Aug 2021
depends on your taste I'd say, from clips I've seen of the dub it seems pretty good with some particularly good choices for some later members of the straw hats, but most people would recommend the sub as it's the original audio and a lot of people prefer the acting, personally I've only read the manga and watched various anime clips on YouTube so I don't think I'm the best judge on voice acting quality in a series this long
Nov 29, 2022 5:05 PM
Apr 2022
Hello friend! I started one piece last year and right now I'm on episode 355 (slow I know) It's definitely worth the adventure! I'm extremely enthusiastic about Sanji, there's just something so badass about a guy who only kicks. He also simps for Nami and Robin like me so we are boys. Later on, you'll meet Franky and his weapon design is extremely unique to me and I enjoy his character quite a bit as well! There are some really funny parts with both of them and I think you'll enjoy their presence. Hopefully, my message wasn't too long! Enjoy the adventure, don't grind it out just watch at your pace, and don't feel pressured to catch up!
Nov 30, 2022 6:19 AM

Apr 2018
I like Donquixote Doflamingo, dude talks like an adult among some brats playing pirates and stuffs.

Nov 30, 2022 6:42 AM

Oct 2010
I recommend you not to watch it, the only good thing about it is Nami's hot body
Nov 30, 2022 7:07 AM

Aug 2017
Franky the cyborg and Cesar the mad scientist are my favorites.

I don't know if such equivalents exist in other languages than French but I strongly recommend fan recuts of the serie such as One Piece Yabai.
It consists of movies compiled from the show but without filler scenes.
Nov 30, 2022 7:08 AM

Dec 2019
UnchiStoreClerk said:
Just asking but I've been planning on watching One piece and wanted to see if there are any fans out there to make this journey more enthusiastic by commenting on what your favourite character is so I can look out for them :)
If you don't want to watch bad pacing and still would rather watch it you can use an edited verison of one piece called one pace I highly recommended it
Nov 30, 2022 7:13 AM

Jul 2019
I love the anime but if you wanna get into One Piece, then read it, you always can watch your favorite moments or arcs animated later. But reading One Piece is way faster. Also you could argue it is better. Wano Arc definitely has a lot of moments you NEED to watch animated. Episode 1015 and 1017 are a few good ones
Nov 30, 2022 7:17 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
If you want to get hyped more - watch it at 1.25x or 1.50x speed. After some point fights are happening so slowly that even if you watch 20 eps per day, you'd still need a few days to finish certain fights.
Nov 30, 2022 7:25 AM

Aug 2012
Best characters (imo) are Zoro, Law, and Buggy. I prefer the anime to a certain point (when they weren't using one chapter per episode and weren't stretching out time by giving you a damn episodic recap wasting about 5 minutes and then shoving the Op in to waste another 1.5 minutes), but it would be faster to read than watch. I do recommend watching the G8 arc though because it's one of the few anime original filler arcs that are actually worth watching (in the anime it's the arc directly following Skypiea, which was my least favorite arc).
Nov 30, 2022 7:36 AM

Jul 2015
"Lots of it sucks, but episode 1015 is great"

Battle shonen fans knowing how to discourage others from watching their shows as usual (^:
Nov 30, 2022 7:53 AM
Jun 2021
Lionel13927 said:
If you want to get hyped more - watch it at 1.25x or 1.50x speed. After some point fights are happening so slowly that even if you watch 20 eps per day, you'd still need a few days to finish certain fights.

Digibro and the entire speedwatching thing ruined an entire generation of anime fans
Hot Blood saves lives.
Nov 30, 2022 7:55 AM

May 2019
Good luck on surviving all those recaps and fillers.
Nov 30, 2022 8:13 AM

May 2021
UnchiStoreClerk said:
Npclucario said:

actually in my opinion, the pacing didn't become slow until after around enies lobby arc, which is already hundreds episodes in. I recommend you to watch it first, and see if it fits your preferred pacing. If you think its too slow, then read the manga. But like I said, the episodes only started to become slow and added recaps not after a few hundred episodes in.

Nov 30, 2022 8:33 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
TheMechaManiac said:
Lionel13927 said:

Digibro and the entire speedwatching thing ruined an entire generation of anime fans

Who did what now? Haven't heard of such a thing.
Nov 30, 2022 9:35 AM
Jun 2021
Lionel13927 said:
TheMechaManiac said:

Who did what now? Haven't heard of such a thing.

Digibro, a former anituber and big lolcow, started the entire "oh, better watch an anime at 1.5x the speed so I can see it all FASTER!" trend years ago.

Said 'tuber also misunderstood 99% of the anime meant to be watched for "reviews" on the Digibro channel.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Nov 30, 2022 9:46 AM

Feb 2022
I don't really agree with people saying it's not worth watching. You can always check it out for yourself and see if you enjoy it animated or if you want to stick to reading it. Personally I picked it up a few years ago and watched like 800 episodes in about three months and enjoyed it quite a bit. The world building and many characters you meet I think are better experienced with sounds and colorful visuals. Though to be fair checking your profile you're pretty new to anime so 1000 episodes is a lot to commit to, especially when there are a lot of smaller series worth your attention.
Nov 30, 2022 9:56 AM
Feb 2018
Anime has its charms that manga may miss or that it's played in background of panels. I recommend you to give anime a go first and then switch to manga.
Another reason for this, personally, is because it may help you hear their voices while reading. You'd be missing out on amazing music, wacky "between-islands" crew interactions, pretty dope voice acting etc.

I watched until episode 700 then I switched to manga (and I even began reading manga from chapter 1, because I was mesmerized by One Piece... plus, it helped me with depression. :D
Nov 30, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2015
Very good decision. Share with us your opinion once you catch up.

Nov 30, 2022 10:10 AM
May 2014
Do yourself a favor and read it instead. The anime is a terrible adaptation.
Nov 30, 2022 10:30 AM

Jul 2017
You're so much better off reading it at this point tbh

Nov 30, 2022 10:37 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread moved to the correct board.
Nov 30, 2022 12:44 PM

Jan 2021
May the luck be with you.

Gobun wo.

I'm on ep 952. Almost there.
Roxy

Nov 30, 2022 1:54 PM

Sep 2020
Watch it. Give it a try and see where your head's at. No need to get the same opinion that has been said over a million times. Ofc the manga is better but the anime is also something that you could like as well. Mfs complain about the pacing too much. As long as you know that you're in for a long ride, go for it. Watch the anime.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 30, 2022 1:56 PM

Sep 2020
Deathko said:
"Lots of it sucks, but episode 1015 is great"

Battle shonen fans knowing how to discourage others from watching their shows as usual (^:
no serious One piece fan says that. This take is exaggerated on so many levels. There's a reason that people still watch it weekly to this day.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 30, 2022 7:19 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
@WeFeed

I don't like gatekeeping but One Pace is disrespectful and for fake fans.

@Npclucario @RyuKaiser555

The pacing is completely fine to me and many others.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Dec 5, 2022 5:49 PM

Nov 2021
Don’t watch one piece, it is a huge waste of time. Just a bad shounen.
Dec 8, 2022 11:53 AM
May 2014
therealloxodon said:

It's the only top-tier shonen in existence.
Dec 8, 2022 11:56 AM

Nov 2021
RyuKaiser555 said:
therealloxodon said:

no it is not it is bottom of the barrel trash. Fact not an opinion. Bad Vc aracters bad plot bad everything! Only idiots like this show. ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍โ™€๏ธ
Dec 8, 2022 12:08 PM
May 2014
therealloxodon said:
RyuKaiser555 said:

no it is not it is bottom of the barrel trash. Fact not an opinion. Bad Vc aracters bad plot bad everything! Only idiots like this show. ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍โ™€๏ธ

There is no bigger idiot than you right now. I'm not going to engage in an ad-nauseam screaming match with you. Plus, you sound suspiciously like a troll anyway.
Dec 8, 2022 12:11 PM

Nov 2021
RyuKaiser555 said:
therealloxodon said:

There is no bigger idiot than you right now. I'm not going to engage in an ad-nauseam screaming match with you. Plus, you sound suspiciously like a troll anyway.
If somebody doesn’t like your pathetic show doesn’t mean that she is trolling. And I , in fact, am a higher level thinker, not an idiot like all one piece fans.
Dec 8, 2022 12:17 PM
May 2014
therealloxodon said:
RyuKaiser555 said:

If somebody doesn’t like your pathetic show doesn’t mean that she is trolling. And I , in fact, am a higher level thinker, not an idiot like all one piece fans.

Nobody told you not to dislike it, but:

1) It is OBJECTIVELY not trash
2) You are expressing opinions, not facts
3) You are not intellectually superior to the fans
4) Nor are you a "higher level thinker"

And thus, I'm done.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
5 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 5 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:27 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.