Forum Settings
Forums

I made a video gushing over BOCCHI THE ROCK! for 15 minutes. Please watch it.

New
Nov 29, 2022 3:50 PM
BIG SCHLONG MAN
Apr 2020

Mod Edit: Embedded YouTube video
PhloupNov 29, 2022 5:44 PM
I pretend I'm funny
Nov 29, 2022 3:58 PM
Sep 2022
Alright let’s take a look at this
Nov 29, 2022 4:24 PM

Jul 2022
tbh, I thought this was gonna be mid, but it was a pretty good review/summary about why people should watch this series.
Kek

Nov 29, 2022 4:35 PM
BIG SCHLONG MAN
Apr 2020
Yamakusei said:
tbh, I thought this was gonna be mid, but it was a pretty good review/summary about why people should watch this series.

Thanks. It means a lot
I pretend I'm funny
Nov 29, 2022 4:49 PM

Oct 2022
Amazing! Very good review + summary and personal connections. I want to watch it now. I think that you can consider that a job well done. b(^_^)b

Nov 29, 2022 4:59 PM
Dec 2013
I want to like this show but the lead character is wearing thin on me. It's like in G-Witch it's cool Suletta is an introvert because her characterization of being so doesn't dominate the show. Here the lead character is an introvert and it absolutely dominates everything you see in the show. I'm gonna need her to show some real rapid growth because her cowering in fear of everything is becoming obnoxious.
Nov 29, 2022 5:46 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread moved from the Bocchi the Rock! anime series discussion board to the Creative Corner board.
Nov 29, 2022 5:58 PM
Jan 2021
stone616 said:
I want to like this show but the lead character is wearing thin on me. It's like in G-Witch it's cool Suletta is an introvert because her characterization of being so doesn't dominate the show. Here the lead character is an introvert and it absolutely dominates everything you see in the show. I'm gonna need her to show some real rapid growth because her cowering in fear of everything is becoming obnoxious.

So stop watching, her social axiety is the main point of the show
I woudnt expect big changes
Nov 29, 2022 7:13 PM
Jan 2021
That is actually a good video. I was expecting an in depth video. Good job 👍
Nov 29, 2022 9:08 PM
May 2022
There went your chance to say 見ください (mite kudasai) :x xD
Nov 29, 2022 10:07 PM
Mar 2022
Bro is just like me fr and said what I’m saying
Nov 29, 2022 11:08 PM
Feb 2017
stone616 said:

It’s not just that she’s an introvert, she has social anxiety. That’s a lot different than just being an introvert. I understand it is an anime, and it’s important for her character to show growth but an anxiety disorder is not something that just goes away overnight. It takes time and tbh I really appreciate that they’re not just instantly “curing” her just because she’s finally making friends/in a band now (which are actually amazing feats in and of itself for someone with social anxiety who’s never had proper friends before). Speaking from someone who actually has social anxiety and understands the struggle and has lived through the arduous process of recovery, I really, really appreciate the representation.

Plus she’s already displayed growth. It may not seem like it but for someone with actual social anxiety, it is growth. She made friends. She joined a band. She PERFORMED on the STREET, AND on stage. But they’re not just brushing over it and suddenly “curing” her. It’s actually displaying the process of all of this, and how hard it is for her, and how despite the fear, she’s doing it anyway.

It “dominates” the show because that’s what an anxiety disorder is like. It dominates your life, unless you actively work against it- even then, you’re spending your life fighting it. Something worth noting about this show is that it is showing her gradually gaining more control and not letting it dominate her life anymore. Again, this process takes time.

Maybe it’s wearing thin on you. But for someone who has actually lived with social anxiety disorder, it’s an immense comfort.
shinyshinahNov 29, 2022 11:13 PM

More topics from this board

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - 10 hours ago

4 by Kinspie13 »»
8 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
9 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.