Forum Settings
Forums

In an RPG game ,What is your fav weapon to usually use?

New
Nov 27, 2022 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
A game where you can level up ,choose between weapons/Pick a Job & class that strictly uses 1 type of weapon and 1 that may wield powers depending on ur class

•Swords
•Bows/Crossbows
•Axe
•Guns
•bare handed \Martial arts
•Staffs/Wands
•Pole arm
•Scythes
•Throwing Shurikans/Kunais
•Knives/Daggers

Name just some potential weapons, you're free to say anything

What type of weapons do you like ,fast and light or heavy & slow which takes alot of damage. Are you a far ranged fighter or close range fighter ?
Nov 27, 2022 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
I'm usually some sort of spell sword or battlemage.
Sword in one hand, spell in the other.
Nov 27, 2022 11:56 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Thread has been moved to the correct board.
Nov 28, 2022 12:00 AM

Jun 2022
i want to use magic becasue its the coolest but i dont use magic. because i dont like reading rulebooks ;___;

so maybe bows. or just swords. whatevers easy and chill.
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Nov 28, 2022 9:32 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I often find myself playing with swords (as well as with similarly direct-offensive attacks) in RPGs with non-narrative weapon choices for some reason...

Even made my Mii Fighter in Sm4sh a sword user with a really cool counter move.
Nov 28, 2022 11:21 PM
May 2012
I like unconventional weapons, like a baseball bat or a blitzball. However, my favorite weapon in any RPG ever is the gunblade from Final Fantasy VIII.
Jan 1, 2023 10:49 AM
Dec 2017
swords easily swords than anything else as far i remember.

Jan 1, 2023 11:09 AM

Aug 2018
man i cheeky healing mage who always spams HEAL when i have any PP 

Jan 1, 2023 11:13 AM

Aug 2018
in elder scrolls I usually go with a bow wielder first and then my second guy will be all about magic. In diablo style games I tend to go with summoners or the types that leave traps. Souls games, I either two-hand a greatsword or use a longsword in main and magic in the offhand. (a spear and shield if I am feeling cheeky)

JRPGs I just use whatever has the highest stats.
Jan 6, 2023 5:27 PM
Dec 2010
I don't really know. I try to use whatever weapon/class/role that is least common in most games. The odder the weapon the better. You don't get many chances to use them in most games.
If I hv to fall back on certain weapons/classes, it's likely the sword, the staves/wands. I like to use mage/healer the most. Other good choices are great support, defense and survival skills. That includes Knights, Speedy Attackers and Support classes.

Melee or Ranged doesn't matter, the former is more active and the later more tactical/relaxing.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Jan 12, 2023 1:19 AM

May 2021
Any sort of healing/medic gun. I dislike most combat and I enjoy running around healing people.
Jan 12, 2023 4:31 AM

May 2019
Swords all the way for sure, in fact i love creating custom hero characters with full plates of metal armor and Bikini Armor heroines with swords and shields.

Jan 15, 2023 10:32 PM

Oct 2019
Greatswords, I always like the feel of wielding something heavy and powerful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2023 5:18 AM

Jul 2015
I typically go for spears or maces because I have enough historical knowledge to understand that swords were the modern day equivalent of a soldier's combat knife.Thrown all your throwing weapons (out of rifle ammo), broke your spear or mace (out of handgun bullets), and you're left with your shitty ass sword that is mostly good to cut a turkey above the campfire. AKA time to gtfo.

Spear+shield -------------------------------------------> Mace+shield --------------> Anything else+shield ------------------> Sword+shield.

Don't even try to go shieldless on any battlefield unless you really want to try your luck with randomly falling arrows lol.
Jan 20, 2023 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
The big, chunky, weighty weapons that deal one big burst of damage. So greatswords, axes, hammers, cannons.
Jan 20, 2023 7:53 PM

Feb 2018
Dagger/bows typically. I really liked playing Rogue back in my WoW days, and think I kind of apply that to any RPG games.

Magic would be the next one.
Jan 31, 2023 5:34 PM

Mar 2021
Maybe a spear.

If I don't have a choice of spears or don't like the specs, I think I'd use a sword or dagger.

Feb 1, 2023 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
Rapiers, or war hammers for fantasy/medieval settings. Quite often you don't get those choices unfortunately.
Feb 1, 2023 3:05 PM

May 2013
I play Dragoon in FFXIV and Dragoon has always been my fav job since I always though Kain was cool. I also liked his character arc that bleeds into FFIV: The After Years.

So I will say Lances. And Jumping. And jumping with Lances.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Feb 4, 2023 12:46 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I really like the idea of spellsword, so I will lean into that if I get the chance. But I like to try everything.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Feb 5, 2023 8:11 AM

Aug 2016
I prefer long distance combat with magic/staff and wands or fast paced close combat with scythes 

Feb 7, 2023 11:48 PM
Jan 2020
kinda something like a swordspell
even tho that doesnt exist in all rpg
Feb 8, 2023 3:02 AM

Oct 2020
A sword ?
I don't know, i'm kinda basic...
Feb 10, 2023 1:43 PM

Sep 2017
I always went for one-handed swords at Dark Souls and Skyrim.
خ
Feb 10, 2023 4:43 PM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
I'd guess that Pokémon moves would count as magic?

Well, Pokémon aside, my answer would still be magic. I'd say it's probably the most consistently good weapon type in the Fire Emblem series
My greatest contribution to this website:
Feb 10, 2023 6:16 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
I usually prefer to use dual blades in most action RPG games. I like fast-paced button-mash combos so that's what I go for.
Feb 11, 2023 11:38 AM
Shrek

Sep 2018
Think bare handed/martial arts always offers interesting combos or animations in most games they're in. It's also covers just such a wide array of martial arts and techniques that you could have an entire game of martial artists and everyone feel unique in some way, whether that's just the way they move or the martial art they use.
Feb 14, 2023 9:20 PM

Dec 2015

It depends, of what kind of game it is, what mods I do have, if the weapon are restricted to class/free etc.

Usually I would play with One handed Melee Weapon + Shield, Two Handed Melee Weapon, One Handed Melee Weapon without a shield, Two Handed Melee Weapon + Bow [Sometimes + Thrown Javelins/Spears], Dual Wielding of One Handed Melee Weapon, Assault Rifle + Sniper.
One Handed Melee Weapon - Usually Sword or Axe, more rarely going into Maces or Flails.
Two Handed Melee Weapon - Usually Longswords or Katana/Nodachi etc.

Ah and in some games I love to stand menacingnly just to perform Spiritual Pressure on NPC/Bots/Other Players depends, or perform an "anime speed" slashes if the game allows it/mods to game.

Here's some screens showing my weaponry in some games.:

Remember as Ryuuguuin Seiya said you need a spare, a spare of a spare and to be cautious enough a spare of a spare of a spare

And if you might wonder how I use them, well I have only footage of Bannerlord [Multiplayer] but it will be quite similar in Singleplayer [In SP it is way easier tbh]
So that's how People/Bots/NPC/Anything feels while being my oponent whenever I play a RPG type of game at Singleplayer/Multiplayer or whatever

ZettaikenFeb 14, 2023 9:41 PM
Mar 14, 2023 4:47 AM

May 2021
When I was a kid, I was obsessed with bows and ranged combat, I don't really know why. These days I generally prefer playing as a mage and rarely mix it with any weapons. My brief history with some MMOs also "conditioned" me into preferring healer/support builds in party-based singleplayer games, so that's how I usually build my main character, while my companions focus on things like damage/tanking. It's not always like that, of course, but more often than not.

In D&D-based or similar video games I like using more exotic weapons like scythes, whips etc. and generally experiment with weird combinations of all kinds, multiclassing and all that.

Overall, it depends on what kind of an RPG we are talking about.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
1 hour ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 4 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
11 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.