Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2012 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
WTF!

When I first saw that Mai was standing there I thought "Yeah she just probably got knocked out or something", but THAT WAS FUCKING BLOOD! D: Shit just went down... I didn't expect that much! I'm very happy she survived, I wouldn't have been surprised if she died right there.

Also, Sayuri and Kazuya's story was so sad, and when I saw the scar on her wrist... Damn you Key! :(
Even though Ayu is my favorite and she didn't appear much, this has to be the best episode so far. Mai's story is pretty intriguing.

Yuuichi and Mai! You better get those fucking demons!
RazielZeroNov 5, 2012 3:06 PM
Dec 19, 2012 1:54 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
i think i've had it with this arc, don't really like it, end those demons now!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 23, 2013 3:28 PM

Sep 2012
Wow. Best episode by far! So much happened, again!

The wee bit of comedy

The Kazuya story was really moving (Being an only child didn't help though)

WOW Flipped out when I saw this, so many "OH NO!" moments in Kanon

Then when Mai showed emotion, that was too much, all of it.....

But I really want Mai to continue to be a big character too! I am in love with her

AleM said:
I was suspecting that the title made reference to Pachelbel's song, however, I'm pretty sure that Canon is spelled with a "C" not a "K".

It is, Pachbel's Canon in D Major. Such a great song, My audio was a little off so I didn't catch it.... :(
Sep 2, 2013 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
diablo99939 said:

AleM said:
I was suspecting that the title made reference to Pachelbel's song, however, I'm pretty sure that Canon is spelled with a "C" not a "K".

It is, Pachbel's Canon in D Major. Such a great song, My audio was a little off so I didn't catch it.... :(

I wonder...when I listened to Canon on youtube I also saw a classical tune called "Air" (by Bach) in the recommended videos.

Anyway best episode so far! Already cried a little bit...twice. However this episode was so short.
Dec 13, 2013 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
Like many I thought Sayuri had been killed. Good to see she survived.
Jan 2, 2014 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
When I saw Sayori, in that (sauce?) flood, I really though she was dead. But it didn't looked like blood, so I guess it was sauce.

Her story with her brother was fucking sad. Not knowing if he died happy or if he had an happy life, she'll have to live with that guilt all her life.

I was pretty scared when Mai was about to suicide herself, with her character, she could have really done it.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was packed full with emotional scenes but also had a fair share of humor too especially with Ayu at the beginning and the jam haha! I wish I saw her reaction same with most people

I absolutely loved how Pachelbel's Canon in D was playing in the background (hence the name of the show i assume) and Saiyuri's interpretation of that describing how she wished life was like that

I didn't recognize the scar on Saiyuri's wrist until it was mentioned here :o I was so shocked to see her hurt too and to see Mai so upset ;_;

I'm really looking forward to the next episode , hopefully Saiyuri's injuries aren't too bad , it's gonna be one hell of a feel trip

count_demonicus6Mar 23, 2014 3:33 PM
Jul 2, 2014 1:45 AM

Oct 2013
Wow, this was... dark for a key anime. The implication that Sayuri used to cut herself, and... was that blood? Dang, that's intense.

Sayuri's voice acting is adorable in the dub; I noticed that especially in this episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 29, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
Sayuri's Story was so sad , Mai is aweosme as always~!!
but poor sayuri ~ mai's breserk was so cool
Dec 30, 2014 5:40 PM

May 2011
Glad that they retained the part in which Sayuri got injured from both the VN and the 2002 version. This time they further drama-tify it, making it even more so impacting. Sayuri is also more severely injured compared to the 2002 version, I guess KyoAni just wants to make sure everything was enhanced. And unlike 2002 in which Sayuri caught the both of them by surprised, KyoAni made it more legitimate that Sayuri actually knew everything all along and not just pop up in school from nowhere out of no reason. Additionally, the drama which follows after they left the hospital was excellent. The tears on Mai's face...dayum.

I can thereby admit that the 2006 version is superior to the 2002 version for Mai's arc. Although i do have qualms for Ayu's arc later, considering the fact that they have removed one of the greatest motifs in the 2002 Toei version.

The Canon in D soundtrack wasn't just coincidental in episode 1 huh? I guess we will hear it for a few more times, in relative to the title of this anime: Kanon. A great new addition for this anime.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jul 20, 2015 1:52 PM

Nov 2014
Omg thank god Sayuri is okay, I was so worried she was gonna be killed by the demon. :(
Jan 28, 2017 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
For a second I thought she might be dead, especially after hearing her story about her little brother that died.
Mai finally showing some emotion, only took Sayuri getting hurt.
Feb 18, 2017 6:13 PM

Aug 2014
I the story of Saori and her brother it was short but more emotional for me than Makoto arc

I cant stop watchig ;d muustt finihs this arc!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 25, 2020 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
Everytime Sayuri laugh "ahaha" she reminds me alot of Misuzu from Air, who also have similar laugh "nihaha" :( I miss her....

Glad Sayuri isnt dead thou
Jul 24, 2020 11:01 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Sayuri's story about her younger brother is so tragic. Hopefully sometime humanity will finally realize that not showing any love at all is an absolutely terrible way to express your love. It is completely possible to show lots of love for someone and not simultaneously spoil them.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 25, 2020 6:58 AM

May 2018
I actually thought that Sayuri had died there. Phew I'm glad she was okay
Aug 17, 2020 3:39 AM

Oct 2007
so much blood, what happen to Sayuri is brutal. I think this is the year when Japan law had blood censored to be black in color.Sad story with her brother as well, it's nice they were able to play before he passed away.

Mai totally wrecked that bicycle. I wonder what the owner would think when they see it. lol
Dec 24, 2020 8:16 AM

Apr 2016
Lots of focus on Sayuri this episode.

Oh wow. Thank shit it was just an injury. Seems like it threw Mai's emotions around though. Things are gonna be different from here on out.
SensekiDec 24, 2020 8:25 AM
Nov 16, 2021 11:02 PM

Jan 2017
This was one heck of an episode, from Sayuri's tragic past with her little brother to Mai breaking down over the injury that Sayuri got that she could've prevented

There is one upside to this, Mai's finally showing LOTS of emotions
Feb 14, 2022 12:29 PM

May 2020
Sayuri's part was good, and for a moment I thought the inevitable happened with her covered in blood all over. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

Again these demons though, seems like an all-out war's coming lol.
Aug 30, 2022 1:41 PM

May 2015
Coroi... Muitas emoções em um só ep
Feb 22, 2023 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
So this show is named after Pachelbel's Canon??? Amazing! 
I love the character development we see from Sayuri this episode, I could kind of tell her very sweet and innocent personality was a front hiding a darker past/ her just acting because she actually knows whats going on! Innocence is bliss after all! 
I'm so excited for what is next. The pacing in this show is lovely, and i truly care for each and every single one of the main characters <3
Aug 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Nov 2010
Yuuichi should use Akiko's special jam to wake up Nayuki all the time. Haha
Sayuri's clumsy sword fighting is so cute! Especially when she slipped.
I've always been curious about that music but never researched it. TIL.
Yeah, I wish life changed like that too, instead of the chaotic and unexpected way it does in real life. It pisses me off so much.
This is not a shounen, but damn, Mai's rampage was animated well!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.