Forum Settings
Forums

'Revenger' TV Anime Reveals Production Staff, Third Promo [Update 12/2]

New
Nov 25, 2022 7:55 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Revenger original television anime revealed on Friday the production staff members, ending theme, and a third promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere on January 5 at 10:30 p.m. on Tokyo MX, followed by Kansai Television Broadcasting, BS-NTV, and AT-X.

Staff
Director: Masaya Fujimori (Kemono Jihen)
Original Creator, Series Composition: Gen Urobuchi (Nitroplus) (Psycho-Pass)
Script: Gen Urobuchi, Renji Ooki (Nitroplus) (Bubble)
Original Character Design: Jirou Suzuki (Laidbackers), Yuichi
Character Design: Yuuji Hosogoe (Youjo Senki)
Chief Animation Director: Yuuji Hosogoe, Yuuki Nishioka (Kakushigoto), Emiko Endou (Honzuki no Gekokujou)
Art Director: Hotaka Okamoto (Lycoris Recoil)
Color Design: Naomi Nakano (Chainsaw Man)
Director of Photography: Teppei Satou (Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu)
Music: Jun Futamata
Sound Director: Akiko Fujita (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Studio: Ajia-Do

Voice actress and singer Maaya Sakamoto (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk) is performing the ending theme "un_mute."

PV 3

Source: Comic Natalie

Update December 2
The official website of the Revenger television anime announced on Friday a pair of supporting cast members.

Akio Ootsuka (Vinland Saga) and Takehito Koyasu (Gintama) are joining the cast as Gerald Kanou and Jinkurou Isarizawa, respectively.

DatRandomDudeDec 2, 2022 7:32 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 25, 2022 9:24 AM

Apr 2016
More and more this looks like a very "watercooler" type of anime for the shounen audience. I mean, it's literally made by Urobuchi, lol, ofc it is.
Nov 25, 2022 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
More and more this looks like a very "watercooler" type of anime for the shounen audience. I mean, it's literally made by Urobuchi, lol, ofc it is.

Judging by the fact that the guys are drawn in shoujo style, they obviously want to sell it to girls as a minimum.
Nov 25, 2022 11:29 AM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:
Judging by the fact that the guys are drawn in shoujo style, they obviously want to sell it to girls as a minimum.

I must have missed the part where you told me you graduated the Japanese manga drawing style class.
Nov 25, 2022 12:15 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This might be the nicest thing to come out of Ajia-Do in a while. lol any hope for the funds of this being funneled for the next season of Bookworm?
Nov 25, 2022 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
the animation is so mid for an original and short anime
Nov 25, 2022 12:23 PM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
RobertBobert said:

I must have missed the part where you told me you graduated the Japanese manga drawing style class.

Because at the time I was busy going through a training program to understand obvious sarcasm.
Nov 25, 2022 5:43 PM

Mar 2019
This looks pretty cool.. Oh Urobuchi is working on this, that means something I guess. Is this the sort of typical Japan vs increased western influence alternate history timeline story. They display that church looking building quite prominently, well at least I'd say it's a church. Although now that I look closely that one guy has the clothes of a priest, so the building is most definitely a church.

I suppose the main characters are going to be some sort of antiheroes.
Nov 26, 2022 1:23 AM

Feb 2021
Stripes said:
This might be the nicest thing to come out of Ajia-Do in a while. lol any hope for the funds of this being funneled for the next season of Bookworm?

Yes, I agree! Looks interesting to watch.
Swagernator said:

He wrote Fate/Zero. I think his new work would also be good.
deg said:
the animation is so mid for an original and short anime

It is normal TV series and the animation is good, you are wrong.
Kumiveneella said:
This looks pretty cool.. Oh Urobuchi is working on this, that means something I guess. Is this the sort of typical Japan vs increased western influence alternate history timeline story. They display that church looking building quite prominently, well at least I'd say it's a church. Although now that I look closely that one guy has the clothes of a priest, so the building is most definitely a church.

I suppose the main characters are going to be some sort of antiheroes.

I agree, it looks cool! And also Gen Urobuchi as the creator. I think they try to create their own traditional concept and stories. And it is good! They may be antiheroes, who knows.
Dec 2, 2022 7:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
News Update
The official website of the Revenger television anime announced on Friday a pair of supporting cast members.

Akio Ootsuka (Vinland Saga) and Takehito Koyasu (Gintama) are joining the cast as Gerald Kanou and Jinkurou Isarizawa, respectively.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 12 hours ago

20 by NoktoH »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.