Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 27, 2022 10:26 AM
Nov 2021
Satanic_baka said:
Adampk said:
It all start like this in first few season because that the key marketing point. Then comes the real deal where either screenwriter starts writing fanfic or producer start cuts budget and episode count or animator start becoming lazy/throwing work at their jr and inexperienced people.

Few years later mappa ruined my favorite mange will be headline written by fans.

Btw the details of baiting was indeed put in Violet evergarden with so much care
This won't be happening coz mappa have bought all the rights of the show...so its kinda like a overworked passion project...so there is no chance of not sticking to the material...however I cant say about the animation consistency...
Overworked CSM has one year of pre-production and 2 years d. production I don't know where you look that they are overworked ???
Nov 27, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2021
Jeck093 said:
Satanic_baka said:
This won't be happening coz mappa have bought all the rights of the show...so its kinda like a overworked passion project...so there is no chance of not sticking to the material...however I cant say about the animation consistency...
Overworked CSM has one year of pre-production and 2 years d. production I don't know where you look that they are overworked ???

its just news bro...i did not made that shit up...mappa had to be given charity to support the animators...coz at that time animators were paid very less...still it has improved this past year
Nov 27, 2022 7:27 PM
Oct 2022
VelxonY said:
Satanic_baka said:
U couldve said like fate heavens feel, demon slayer, hibiki, violet, space dandy, NGE, Kara no kyoukai, and many more I wudve still believed it...
I like psycho pass but no one in their right mind wud place psycho pass and csm side by side and say psycho pass has better animation...if u say that then u r just biased...guilty crown has specific scenes which are beautiful...studio triggers artstyle is very different (comic style to be specific)...project K is such a bland show I couldnt make past 2 episodes and I couldnt go past season 1 of SAO and I have no motives of going back to watch it just for animation.
There is nothing wrong in mentioning ur favourite animation styles and favourite shows...but just because its ur favourite animation style doesnt mean other people dont have a taste...have a great day

You have self proclaimed "Peak Taste" first thing in ur profile and u think CSM is good, really misleading for newbies that don't know what to watch.

You have solo leveling in your favorite lmao, you should not talk, you also have bleach manga, probably jumped on the train after the new arc.
Nov 27, 2022 7:31 PM
Oct 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
DrkSeid69 said:

Why they're look better then? because i don't see those show that you mentioned had a 24 minutes full character acting sakuga each eps.
their animation quality are above average at best

I don't see Chainsaw Man having that either, so I don't get your point.

you are blind then or you just too proud and dumb to admit you are biased or just hate the new popular show lol , i bet you hated CSM before it aired just because it was hyped, imagine mentionning guilty crown and thinking you credible lmao.

CSM is one of the best looking anime in recent yers with show like mushoku tensei, i know people dont love to see t but you mappa haters gonna endure their presence because theu are gonna domibate for a long time.
Nov 27, 2022 7:31 PM

Nov 2020
incelskiller667 said:
VelxonY said:

You have self proclaimed "Peak Taste" first thing in ur profile and u think CSM is good, really misleading for newbies that don't know what to watch.

You have solo leveling in your favorite lmao, you should not talk, you also have bleach manga, probably jumped on the train after the new arc.

Ummm no, I've been fan of mr tite kubo since like 2014 I believe? also I admit that I have shit taste, I mean my favorites are trashy romcoms and perverted slice of life animes. Objectively speaking tho CSM is pretty bad so don't get butthurt about it. Also dont have "peak taste" put anywhere near my profile
Nov 27, 2022 7:36 PM
Oct 2022
VelxonY said:
incelskiller667 said:

Ummm no, I've been fan of mr tite kubo since like 2014 I believe? also I admit that I have shit taste, I mean my favorites are trashy romcoms and perverted slice of life animes. Objectively speaking tho CSM is pretty bad so don't get butthurt about it. Also dont have "peak taste" put anywhere near my profile

Since 2014 ? how impressive, you are an OG then lol. why would i be butthurt lol, you are not even a verified critic, just another loser, nothing special , you saying CSM bad or mid will not make it true. but that is all you can say since you previsible like all the MAL trolls.
Nov 27, 2022 7:44 PM

Nov 2020
incelskiller667 said:
VelxonY said:

Since 2014 ? how impressive, you are an OG then lol. why would i be butthurt lol, you are not even a verified critic, just another loser, nothing special , you saying CSM bad or mid will not make it true. but that is all you can say since you previsible like all the MAL trolls.

Just like for MHA, you will see in couple of years when hype dies down
Nov 27, 2022 9:36 PM

Jul 2021
VelxonY said:
incelskiller667 said:

See I get ur points tho...but the manga wudnt be so critically acclaimed if it was just generic or shit...if u think its bad thats ur opinion...the later parts of the manga covered concepts which was never explored in any manga which makes it unique...things get hype for a reason...
Nov 27, 2022 9:37 PM

Jul 2021
VelxonY said:
incelskiller667 said:

MHA hype died down coz they kept on repeating the same shounen formula... if u dont improve upon the story...how will it stick with its hype
Nov 27, 2022 9:39 PM

Jul 2021
incelskiller667 said:
Ionliosite2 said:

you are blind then or you just too proud and dumb to admit you are biased or just hate the new popular show lol , i bet you hated CSM before it aired just because it was hyped, imagine mentionning guilty crown and thinking you credible lmao.

CSM is one of the best looking anime in recent yers with show like mushoku tensei, i know people dont love to see t but you mappa haters gonna endure their presence because theu are gonna domibate for a long time.
Its the best looking so far... but they still havent adapted the major moments of the manga yet... if they nail those scenes...it will be legendary for sure
Nov 27, 2022 10:49 PM
May 2020
Scavendgarr said:
Scordolo said:

You probably think Mappa is the only one who overwork their employees.

Not necessarily. This thread asking my thoughts about mappa, so I've given my thoughts about mappa, simple as that.

thoughts about mappa without further research
Nov 27, 2022 11:08 PM

Oct 2013
FailedArtNinja said:
Scavendgarr said:

Not necessarily. This thread asking my thoughts about mappa, so I've given my thoughts about mappa, simple as that.

thoughts about mappa without further research

Your point? Thoughts still thoughts with or without research.
Nov 28, 2022 10:43 AM

Jan 2021
incelskiller667 said:
Ionliosite2 said:

I'm not blind, the second one maybe a little, and about the third not really hate, just think it was a bad series when I read the manga and thought the anime would improve it (it didn't). I wasn't even the one mentioning Guilty Crown in the first place, but I don't know how someone mentioning Guilty Corwn would make them not credible? Like, how?
Nov 29, 2022 4:02 AM
May 2016
Satanic_baka said:
ktg said:
Overrated, and your statements aren't even true.
Most of the high rated shows are actually much much better quality-wise.
Compare it with actions shows of realistic art-style not the power fantasy and flashy ones...I'll wait

Oh, I see.
I will compare it with Ex-Arm, so it won't hurt your feelings, because Ex-Arm is weaker.

If you ignore shows just because they are better, then yes, obviously CSM will be the "best" among them.
But in a true competition, you can't ignore other shows and btw, if you ignore even one show, CSM can't be the best.
Nov 29, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2021
ktg said:
Satanic_baka said:
Compare it with actions shows of realistic art-style not the power fantasy and flashy ones...I'll wait

Oh, I see.
I will compare it with Ex-Arm, so it won't hurt your feelings, because Ex-Arm is weaker.

If you ignore shows just because they are better, then yes, obviously CSM will be the "best" among them.
But in a true competition, you can't ignore other shows and btw, if you ignore even one show, CSM can't be the best.

Wot is your point mate...I just said give ur opinion...im not here to judge ur taste...I just gave my opinion on how csm's animation is different and may sometimes be superior than other animes
Nov 29, 2022 4:21 AM
May 2016
Satanic_baka said:
ktg said:

Oh, I see.

Wot is your point mate...I just said give ur opinion...im not here to judge ur taste...I just gave my opinion on how csm's animation is different and may sometimes be superior than other animes

No, you did not give your opinion, you wanted me to prove my point based on your conditions.
And I'm not talking about opinions. CSM did awful mistakes in the animation and even older MAPPA shows have better animation without having those mistakes. So, all in all, CSM animation is inferior to many shows, for example to JJK, Zombieland Saga and Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi (and I used only shows from MAPPA).
Sadly (or not), the best animation is still KnY's.
Nov 29, 2022 4:23 AM

Jul 2021
ktg said:
Satanic_baka said:

No, you did not give your opinion, you wanted me to prove my point based on your conditions.
And I'm not talking about opinions. CSM did awful mistakes in the animation and even older MAPPA shows have better animation without having those mistakes. So, all in all, CSM animation is inferior to many shows, for example to JJK, Zombieland Saga and Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi (and I used only shows from MAPPA).
tell me the mistakes, I want to know, serious curiosity...except the CGI ofcourse...KnY had awful cgi with War hammer...still I didn't complain
Nov 29, 2022 4:34 AM
May 2016
Satanic_baka said:
ktg said:

tell me the mistakes, I want to know, serious curiosity...except the CGI ofcourse...KnY had awful cgi with War hammer...still I didn't complain

KnY means Kimetsu no Yaiba and there is no Warhammer titan in KnY. Snk is Shingeki no Kyojin aka Attack on Titan, but nice try.

And again, you ask me to prove my point while ignored mistakes... Yes, if you ignore CSM's mistakes and don't ignore other shows' mistakes, then yes, with this cheating CSM has the "best" animation.

For other examples, here's a ss from EP1 taken by me. You can see the website and timestamps so you could even check the original version.
There are several mistakes in each episodes which is why it's not going to be the best animation.
This is a screenshot but I could describe other scenes too where characters shifted between places without moving there.

MAPPA downgraded their 2d animation to match their not too strong 3d style, because they knew they would do mistakes in the show, but they tried to hid with blending together the 2d and 3d style.
It was a bad decision.
Nov 29, 2022 4:41 AM

Jul 2021
ktg said:
Satanic_baka said:

KnY means Kimetsu no Yaiba and there is no Warhammer titan in KnY. Snk is Shingeki no Kyojin aka Attack on Titan, but nice try.

And again, you ask me to prove my point while ignored mistakes... Yes, if you ignore CSM's mistakes and don't ignore other shows' mistakes, then yes, with this cheating CSM has the "best" animation.

For other examples, here's a ss from EP1 taken by me. You can see the website and timestamps so you could even check the original version.
There are several mistakes in each episodes which is why it's not going to be the best animation.
This is a screenshot but I could describe other scenes too where characters shifted between places without moving there.

MAPPA downgraded their 2d animation to match their not too strong 3d style, because they knew they would do mistakes in the show, but they tried to hid with blending together the 2d and 3d style.
It was a bad decision.
Yea lol I mistook KnY for SnK XD
Yea KnY has far too good animation but it really got good me from episode where the forest arc started
Hmmmm well csm's 2d animation in character design, world building details, and the leech devil fight was pretty awesome in my opinion and I loved that shit, and I'm excited to see the well choregraphed fights from the manga in animated form coz it hasn't happened yet... yet from the direction they r going... I think they'll nail it...

Other from that KnY is overrated...I agree the animation is top notch and its totally valid...but the story is such a snore fest...thats a topic for another time
Satanic_bakaNov 29, 2022 4:48 AM
Nov 29, 2022 5:03 AM
May 2016
Satanic_baka said:
ktg said:

It was a bad decision.
Yea KnY has far too good animation but it really got good me from episode where the forest arc started
Hmmmm well csm's 2d animation in character design, world building details, and the leech devil fight was pretty awesome in my opinion and I loved that shit, and I'm excited to see the well choregraphed fights from the manga in animated form coz it hasn't happened yet... yet from the direction they r going... I think they'll nail it...

Other from that KnY is overrated...I agree the animation is top notch and its totally valid...but the story is such a snore fest...thats a topic for another time

Most of the things you mentioned are from the manga. When the source material is the manga then the character design is usually from the manga, so that's not really something that would the studio does.
Same with worldbuilding, that's from the manga. They obviously could change stuff and then we could talk about their decisions, but they stuck to the source like they did with SnK.
The fights' choreograph is something that would be done by the studio.

When I said they downgraded their 2d animation, it was because of SnK. In SnK you could easily see the difference between 2d and 3d, and the 3d was weaker like everyone mentioned it and lot of people disliked it. To avoid that they downgraded their animation. Remember how everyone cried about CSM EP1 CGI moments and later turned it those scenes were 2d scenes? That's what I was referring to. The 2d animation became a bit worse, but because of that it's harder to differentiate between 2d and 3d.
They thought this is a good decision, because that would made a show more cohesive, but it created more questionable moments.

In KnY, you can easily tell that Mugen train is 3d, but it never was a problem, because it was good. If your 3d and 2d are really good, you don't have to worry about blending the two world together.
Nov 29, 2022 5:12 AM

Jul 2021
ktg said:
Satanic_baka said:

Most of the things you mentioned are from the manga. When the source material is the manga then the character design is usually from the manga, so that's not really something that would the studio does.
Same with worldbuilding, that's from the manga. They obviously could change stuff and then we could talk about their decisions, but they stuck to the source like they did with SnK.

When I said they downgraded their 2d animation, it was because of SnK. In SnK you could easily see the difference between 2d and 3d, and the 3d was weaker like everyone mentioned it and lot of people disliked it. To avoid that they downgraded their animation. Remember how everyone cried about CSM EP1 CGI moments and later turned it those scenes were 2d scenes? That's what I was referring to. The 2d animation became a bit worse, but because of that it's harder to differentiate between 2d and 3d.
They thought this is a good decision, because that would made a show more cohesive, but it created more questionable moments.

In KnY, you can easily tell that Mugen train is 3d, but it never was a problem, because it was good. If your 3d and 2d are really good, you don't have to worry about blending the two world together.

Yea exactly... but I think that it was a good decision to combine 2D and 3D in the bat devil and leech devil fight coz that seen specifically requires changing in camera movements which is basically 3D... it wouldnt look as good as it did if it was only 2D coz there are too many restrictions in that...they did the same in mugen train too in the lower demon moon 1 and tanjiro fight... we can just hope Japan gets to learn to use CGI as the western media some day... they did some great cgi shows and movies like Lupin the third and Houseki no kuni...
And wat you said about the character design... yea ofc its taken from the manga... but since I read the manga... the character art in the manga is not that detailed...yea the overview is there... but like Makima, Himeno and some other look much much better in anime...they really gave that attention... and not mention that slice of life moment of Aki... that was just pure flex from mappa xD
Satanic_bakaNov 29, 2022 5:16 AM
Nov 29, 2022 5:27 AM
May 2016
Satanic_baka said:
ktg said:

Yea exactly... but I think that it was a good decision to combine 2D and 3D in the bat devil and leech devil fight coz that seen specifically requires changing in camera movements which is basically 3D... it wouldnt look as good as it did if it was only 2D coz there are too many restrictions in that...they did the same in mugen train too in the lower demon moon 1 and tanjiro fight... we can just hope Japan gets to learn to use CGI as the western media some day... they did some great cgi shows and movies like Lupin the third and Houseki no kuni...
And wat you said about the character design... yea ofc its taken from the manga... but since I read the manga... the character art in the manga is not that detailed...yea the overview is there... but like Makima, Himeno and some other look much much better in anime...they really gave that attention... and not mention that slice of life moment of Aki... that was just pure flex from mappa xD

With skilled animators you can change the camera movement. And in CSM, the camera movement caused mistakes, because the 2d characters didn't move with the camera. Like I said earlier, they shifted without moving.
Houseki no Kuni is a perfect example, because they used 2d sketches about the fights, so can do that in 2d too. You don't need to force a studio to use 3d when they are not that good at it. In this case, it does look a bit forced.
Nov 29, 2022 5:30 AM

Jul 2021
ktg said:
Satanic_baka said:

With skilled animators you can change the camera movement. And in CSM, the camera movement caused mistakes, because the 2d characters didn't move with the camera. Like I said earlier, they shifted without moving.
Houseki no Kuni is a perfect example, because they used 2d sketches about the fights, so can do that in 2d too. You don't need to force a studio to use 3d when they are not that good at it. In this case, it does look a bit forced.
Well they need to keep trying
I think it was pretty good... they did a good job and they r constantly elevating there animation each episode which is a big W imo
U can see differences clearly between episode 1 to episode 7
Nov 29, 2022 5:40 AM
May 2016
Satanic_baka said:
ktg said:

I think it was pretty good... they did a good job and they r constantly elevating there animation each episode which is a big W imo

But those tries need to be natural.
If they just force the employees to do something, while the employees don't want to, then the shows will end up badly.
Nov 29, 2022 5:52 AM

Jul 2021
ktg said:
Satanic_baka said:

If they just force the employees to do something, while the employees don't want to, then the shows will end up badly.
You dont know if the animators were forced or not...usually they come to a mutual agreement before proceeding to the production... again I mention the same point... I think it was pretty awesome specially from episode 3... mappa being weaker studio than ufotable or WIT in some points,they are doing a great job with JJK, and CSM will just reach new heights I'm sure... Idaten is a very underrated Mappa show... it got some cool visuals and has a very good dark humour with it
Nov 29, 2022 6:29 AM
May 2016
Satanic_baka said:
ktg said:

You dont know if the animators were forced or not...usually they come to a mutual agreement before proceeding to the production... again I mention the same point... I think it was pretty awesome specially from episode 3... mappa being weaker studio than ufotable or WIT in some points,they are doing a great job with JJK, and CSM will just reach new heights I'm sure... Idaten is a very underrated Mappa show... it got some cool visuals and has a very good dark humour with it

When you made a mistake, the natural response is to try to fix it or overcome your weakness.
MAPPA made mistakes in SnK, but instead of trying to fix their 3d, they made changes in their 2d. This is pretty unnatural and it tells us that MAPPA trusts their 2d animators more than their 3d animators, because instead of asking the 3d animators to fix or overcome their weakness, they made their 3d animators to match the weaker 3d style.

So, yes, I'm not working for MAPPA, but I know how should operate a team.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

781 by XxSkullPistolzxX »»
Apr 19, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.