Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 23, 2022 10:43 PM

Jul 2021
Seriously I haven't seen this much level of care and detail put into an anime before (except Violet evergarden) and I'm not talking about movies because they have a whole lot of budget for a 2 to 2.5 hour of airing.
Every last minute detail was animated which wasn't necessary at all, but still, they did it.
Lemme know ur thoughts on it
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 23, 2022 10:50 PM
Jun 2021
Proper adaptations require proper treatment
Nov 23, 2022 11:11 PM

Oct 2013
Huh? Afaik every kyoani anime is handled with care and love, that's why it's always top tier, not just violet evergarden.

Would be a fan of mappa tho if they don't overwork their employees.
Nov 23, 2022 11:14 PM

Jul 2020
Scavendgarr said:
Huh? Afaik every kyoani anime is handled with care and love, that's why it's always top tier, not just violet evergarden.

You probably think Mappa is the only one who overwork their employees.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 23, 2022 11:35 PM

Oct 2013
Scordolo said:
Scavendgarr said:

Not necessarily. This thread asking my thoughts about mappa, so I've given my thoughts about mappa, simple as that.
Nov 23, 2022 11:51 PM
Dec 2020
This is true, i didnt expect it to be like that. I remember people saying "the trailer is pre animated, the anime will not look like that". And now it's here and the crazy thing is that looks better than in the first trailer
Nov 24, 2022 12:03 AM

Jul 2021
Scavendgarr said:

They had to overwork and none of the employees complained coz they gambled the whole studio budget for this particular project...so each and every one gave it their all to make this project a success...they overworked themselves...they weren't forced by any other licensors or sponsors, who are generally behind all the overwork and deadline issues the animators face everytime
So Chainsaw man is the real definition of a passion project
Nov 24, 2022 12:04 AM

Jul 2021
Scordolo said:
Scavendgarr said:

and no...no other kyon-ani show comes close to csm except Violet Evergarden as I already said coz that show is a visual masterpiece
Nov 24, 2022 12:05 AM

Jul 2021
MoonSplitter said:
This is true, i didnt expect it to be like that. I remember people saying "the trailer is pre animated, the anime will not look like that". And now it's here and the crazy thing is that looks better than in the first trailer
Yea and more importantly the quality keeps on increasing each episode
Nov 24, 2022 12:08 AM
Apr 2020
Satanic_baka said:
Scordolo said:

and no...no other kyon-ani show comes close to csm except Violet Evergarden as I already said coz that show is a visual masterpiece

ehh you forgot demon slayer?
Nov 24, 2022 12:11 AM

Nov 2020
You need to watch more anime, simple as. Anything from Kyoani, Hyouka,Shinsekai Yori, Steins;Gate, etc.
Nov 24, 2022 12:11 AM

Jul 2021
ayaan692 said:
Satanic_baka said:

I knew some DS fans wud come... but see...ik demon slayer has cool fights...even more than DS is fate series made by the same studio Ufotable which I think has peak visuals...
They still they cut corners in animation when they arent necessary... bad comedy... stupid facial expressions...those are the portions the studios cut corners in their budget...heck every anime does so...

But csm gives detail to every other minute scenes...they solely rely on jokes...no comedic bgm and over the top facial expressions... just like real life
Nov 24, 2022 12:16 AM

Jul 2021
Tabibitosan_ said:
You need to watch more anime, simple as. Anything from Kyoani, Hyouka,Shinsekai Yori, Steins;Gate, etc.
Bruh...check my profile then
Nov 24, 2022 12:42 AM

Oct 2013
Satanic_baka said:
Scavendgarr said:

They had to overwork and none of the employees complained coz they gambled the whole studio budget for this particular project...so each and every one gave it their all to make this project a success...they overworked themselves...they weren't forced by any other licensors or sponsors, who are generally behind all the overwork and deadline issues the animators face everytime
So Chainsaw man is the real definition of a passion project

I see, still not good enough for me with the karoshi trend in Japan.
Nov 24, 2022 12:45 AM

Oct 2013
Satanic_baka said:
Scordolo said:

Idk mate, nichijou and haruhi looks good enough for me. I'm not a sakuga wanker tho, mind you.
Nov 24, 2022 12:50 AM

Jul 2021
Scavendgarr said:
Satanic_baka said:

Idk mate, nichijou and haruhi looks good enough for me. I'm not a sakuga wanker tho, mind you.
see those art-styles are very different...
U make ur characters simple designs to give more attention to the visuals ex - osamu ranking
But when u make ur character designs realistic its difficult to put visuals that good
I shouldnt say more coz the major story portions havent arrived yet
Next 2 episodes will be the deciding factor
Nov 24, 2022 12:55 AM

Nov 2021
Why people just tend to overpraised Violet Evergarden about its animation quality and forget about other works of the same studio like hibiki euphonium and dragon maid, maybe they are not as per as the level of VE but it’s certainly not bad that we can ignore them when we talk about the details and quality of animation. Mushishi is another one that got an amazing anime adaption with great details to its art and design, non non biyori is also up there when it comes to background details and animation quality and Im sure there are more anime that I haven’t seen.
I agree csm animation quality and details are good but its not the only one you just need to think about more anime other than your favourites.
Nov 24, 2022 1:03 AM
Jun 2021
Scavendgarr said:

I doubt chainsawman animators had to work too much overtime since there wasn’t a time crunch because mappa themselves is paying for it, but the other mappa employees are definitely not being treated well
Nov 24, 2022 1:04 AM

Jul 2020
Satanic_baka said:
Scordolo said:

I think you replied to the wrong person.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 24, 2022 1:14 AM

Jul 2021
nishant0 said:
Why people just tend to overpraised Violet Evergarden about its animation quality and forget about other works of the same studio like hibiki euphonium and dragon maid, maybe they are not as per as the level of VE but it’s certainly not bad that we can ignore them when we talk about the details and quality of animation. Mushishi is another one that got an amazing anime adaption with great details to its art and design, non non biyori is also up there when it comes to background details and animation quality and Im sure there are more anime that I haven’t seen.
I agree csm animation quality and details are good but its not the only one you just need to think about more anime other than your favourites.
Violet evergarden is getting the praise it deserves...I agree kyo ani does great stuff...but if u compare all the shows side by side...u will see the clear difference...and the thing i love about csm is how are they putting detials in every minute scene...just like a makoto shinkai movie
Nov 24, 2022 1:15 AM
May 2016
Overrated, and your statements aren't even true.
Most of the high rated shows are actually much much better quality-wise.
Nov 24, 2022 1:17 AM

Jul 2021
ktg said:
Overrated, and your statements aren't even true.
Most of the high rated shows are actually much much better quality-wise.
Compare it with actions shows of realistic art-style not the power fantasy and flashy ones...I'll wait
Nov 24, 2022 1:20 AM

Oct 2013
Satanic_baka said:
Scavendgarr said:

U make ur characters simple designs to give more attention to the visuals ex - osamu ranking
But when u make ur character designs realistic its difficult to put visuals that good

Violet and csm might have a better visual overall since it's newer, but it's not realistic at all.

Csm literally have multiple characters with shark teeth. Which part of violet is realistic to you? If you think gems for eyes, line for a mouth and line with shader for a nose realistic then I guess you cannot differentiate between what is an eye pleaser and what is realistic.

Just because nichijou have simpler art style doesn't mean csm and violet have realistic art style.
Nov 24, 2022 1:26 AM

Nov 2021
Satanic_baka said:
nishant0 said:
Violet evergarden is getting the praise it deserves...I agree kyo ani does great stuff...but if u compare all the shows side by side...u will see the clear difference...and the thing i love about csm is how are they putting detials in every minute scene...just like a makoto shinkai movie
accept it man you’re just being biased towards your favourite anime. Shinkai movie huh.
Nov 24, 2022 1:28 AM

Jul 2021
Scavendgarr said:
Satanic_baka said:

Violet and csm might have a better visual overall since it's newer, but it's not realistic at all.

Csm literally have multiple characters with shark teeth. Which part of violet is realistic to you? If you think gems for eyes, line for a mouth and line with shader for a nose realistic then I guess you cannot differentiate between what is an eye pleaser and what is realistic.

Just because nichijou have simpler art style doesn't mean csm and violet have realistic art style.
Hmmm anything animated is not realistic tho xD
Nov 24, 2022 1:29 AM

Jul 2021
nishant0 said:
Satanic_baka said:
accept it man you’re just being biased towards your favourite anime. Shinkai movie huh.
I'm not coz I have many other favorite shows...csm season 1 is not even in my top 20...season 2 might be
Nov 24, 2022 1:44 AM

Jul 2015
That sequence from Denji POV laying in bed and Himeno approaching him was beautifully aninated. They don't have to put so much effort into those trivial, mundane scenes, yet they did and praise them for it.

Nov 24, 2022 1:46 AM

Oct 2013
Satanic_baka said:
Scavendgarr said:

If you already know that why you said violet n csm are realistic in the first place lmao.
Nov 24, 2022 1:50 AM

Jul 2021
Scavendgarr said:
Satanic_baka said:

If you already know that why you said violet n csm are realistic in the first place lmao.
Nah i think the character designs, the way they talk, their body language, and their interactions are all very close to realism
Nov 24, 2022 1:50 AM

Jul 2021
Piromysl said:
That sequence from Denji POV laying in bed and Himeno approaching him was beautifully aninated. They don't have to put so much effort into those trivial, mundane scenes, yet they did and praise them for it.
Ahhh the dream POV... im not ready for the next episode :"(
Nov 24, 2022 2:10 AM

Oct 2013
Satanic_baka said:
Scavendgarr said:

Nah i think the character designs, the way they talk, their body language, and their interactions are all very close to realism

But you said everything animated is not realistic tho? Which one is it? If you're just trolling or sakuga wanker than it's understandable. Have a nice day.
Nov 24, 2022 4:59 AM

Apr 2021
Scavendgarr said:

"MAPPA" doesn't overwork their employees, they have different staff for different projects anyways. It's just the way it is in Japan, people are pushed to their limits with work
Nov 24, 2022 6:36 AM

Jul 2021
Scavendgarr said:
Satanic_baka said:

But you said everything animated is not realistic tho? Which one is it? If you're just trolling or sakuga wanker than it's understandable. Have a nice day.

True but I'll stick with my statements
Nov 24, 2022 6:47 AM
Mar 2020
Are you quoting some random loser from YouTube who never came out of his mother's basement? Pathetic.
Nov 24, 2022 7:00 AM

Jul 2021
SpRayquaza11 said:
Are you quoting some random loser from YouTube who never came out of his mother's basement? Pathetic.
hahahahahahah... it is wat it is
Nov 24, 2022 7:02 AM

Jan 2009
well they are betting a lot for this show to be profitable anyway considering they are the sole member of its production committee
Nov 24, 2022 9:29 AM

Oct 2013
CreepHazard said:
Scavendgarr said:

"MAPPA" doesn't overwork their employees, they have different staff for different projects anyways. It's just the way it is in Japan, people are pushed to their limits with work

If you say so. Not like I'm the one who's dying from overwork lmao.
Nov 24, 2022 9:40 AM

Apr 2021
Scavendgarr said:
CreepHazard said:

If you say so. Not like I'm the one who's dying from overwork lmao.

Japan has some of the highest suicide rates for a reason
Nov 24, 2022 11:02 AM

Jan 2021
They should have given more attention to not make it seem this lifeless.
Ionliosite2Nov 24, 2022 11:06 AM
Nov 24, 2022 12:48 PM

Oct 2010
not really, mappa did a shitty job in adapting the manga, they missed all the cool details from the source
Nov 24, 2022 1:14 PM
Apr 2022
I wouldn’t call CGI particularly impressive or exceptional lol
Nov 24, 2022 2:39 PM

Sep 2016
I agree 100% Chainsaw Man is easily one of the best looking anime I've ever seen and you can tell in pretty much every scene that the team gave it their all. This adaptation just oozes quality and I'm always looking forward to tuesdays as the highlight of my week.

It's obvious people on MAL don't really like CSM that much tho, considering how much shit you often get for simply praising it but I'm glad that there's still people out there who have their fun with the adaptation. I mean yea, you can dislike the story and the characters but saying that it's somehow badly animated is just plain wrong and trolling at this point.
Nov 24, 2022 10:12 PM

Jul 2021
Catalano said:
not really, mappa did a shitty job in adapting the manga, they missed all the cool details from the source
wat r u on about...which part they didnt adapt properly?
Nov 24, 2022 10:13 PM

Jul 2021
thunderkitten13 said:
I wouldn’t call CGI particularly impressive or exceptional lol
its still better than lot of cgi used in so called well animated shows... looking at u DS Mugen train
Nov 25, 2022 2:21 AM

Mar 2011
Satanic_baka said:
Seriously I haven't seen this much level of care and detail put into an anime before (except Violet evergarden) and I'm not talking about movies because they have a whole lot of budget for a 2 to 2.5 hour of airing.
Every last minute detail was animated which wasn't necessary at all, but still, they did it.

This was done 23 years ago by Deen for Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen
Still ppl praise too much CSM, it seems some ppl have not watched any anime past 10-15 years or simply they started to watch only animes from 2021 onwards.
Nov 25, 2022 2:41 AM
May 2019
Icebreaker93 said:
Satanic_baka said:

This was done 23 years ago by Deen for Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen
Still ppl praise too much CSM, it seems some ppl have not watched any anime past 10-15 years or simply they started to watch only animes from 2021 onwards.

Praise? All I see is complaining even though csm has best visuals in a tv anime.
Nov 25, 2022 3:14 AM

Mar 2011
dtg75 said:
Icebreaker93 said:

Praise? All I see is complaining even though csm has best visuals in a tv anime.

Still not on animation lvl of Guilty Crown, Psycho Pass 1st season, Kill la Kill, Project K 1st season or SAO Alicization and many more.
Nov 25, 2022 5:52 AM
May 2019
Icebreaker93 said:
dtg75 said:

Still not on animation lvl of Guilty Crown, Psycho Pass 1st season, Kill la Kill, Project K 1st season or SAO Alicization and many more.

None of these shows have character acting animation though, so how are they better?
dtg75Nov 25, 2022 5:56 AM
Nov 25, 2022 6:10 AM

Mar 2011
dtg75 said:
Icebreaker93 said:

None of these shows have character acting animation though, so how are they better?

I am talking for the whole process of the animation, if you want to see better character movement animation, you have the whole catalog of KyoAni.
If you open your eyes you will see alot of 3DCGI on simple movement scenes.
Nov 25, 2022 6:24 AM
Apr 2022
ayaan692 said:
Satanic_baka said:

Straight up fight animation-wise demon slayer has no equal except other ufotable works such as heavens feel movies, but in terms of all around animation such as simple walking or character movement I’d say chainsaw man wins. Tho ofc I would like to state again that action wise demon slayer is likely the greatest thing to come out of any anime
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

781 by XxSkullPistolzxX »»
Apr 19, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.