Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 22, 2022 9:23 PM
Apr 2022
Alright I know this sounds absurd but I'm being dead-ass when I say, that this season has the potential to improve on last season in every aspect. First off all, we have a new studio. Well the studio isn't like Ufotable or Bones but, they do have a solid track record and will very much be better then some no name studio. Secondly, we have the staff. The director isn't of course the most insane we could've gotten but he's very experienced and "We Never Learn" and " Familiar of Zero" are both quite solid and "Familiar of Zero" is often even considered a classic. The next big change we have is in the Series composition/script position. Hitomi Mieno has done a bunch of things to the point where I will only list a couple big things such as "Komi Can't Communicate" and "Noragami". There are also a couple of other good ones but I think I've said enough about her. Next is likely my biggest sell. In the Art Director position we have Eiji Iwase. He did the art for "No Game No Life" and "No Game No Life 0". Need I say more? There are a couple of other fun names in there in less important positions but yeah that'll do it for staff. And of course lastly we have the source material. I have not read it myself so I will not pretend like I'm some expert, but according to what I have seen, the first season was the weakest part of the manga. In the volumes season 2 will likely adapt, it supposedly has a drastic change which leads to it being much less generic. And yeah I think that explains why I think this season will be much better. (Also sorry its so long, had too write this much so I could explain most of why this season could be good)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 22, 2022 9:30 PM

Jul 2022
I hope it could be so..

Nov 22, 2022 9:34 PM
Apr 2022
Mikyonji said:
I hope it could be so..
Well atleast no matter how shit the source material could possibly be, atleast JC staff is pretty damn solid
Nov 22, 2022 10:15 PM
Jun 2021
you had me until you mentioned the trash heap that was we never learn. not once has an anime pissed me off in all the wrong ways. hopefully he trends towards the more ok-ness that was familiar of zero and less to the shit show
Nov 22, 2022 10:52 PM

Dec 2021
To be honest, I liked this anime, despite the fact that it has a lot of negative reviews, I think it isn't that bad.

I've read the manga and somehow the story got better, I won't spoil anyone about it of course, also there's a possibility that that second season might be better than the first.
Say hello to Smol Arcueid! She's not scary!

Moriya Amano - Male - ENFJ-A - knows a bit of Japanese, I think...

Excuse me for having a name of two surnames...
Nov 22, 2022 11:42 PM
Oct 2022
its going to be a disaster as well
Nov 23, 2022 1:02 AM

Jul 2015
Well, it's one of those shows that already presented everything it has to offer in one season.

Nov 23, 2022 3:02 AM
May 2021
This anime is my comfort zone. I think I've already watched it 10+ times.
Nov 23, 2022 4:02 AM
Aug 2022
I hope this season will surpasses others expectations
Nov 23, 2022 5:59 AM
Mar 2022
Hmm so there are some people who don't like it. Man this anime like the reflection of my thoughts. Even i would have asked god for my smartphone. It's one of the best ever.
Nov 23, 2022 6:47 AM
Apr 2022
titodacat said:
you had me until you mentioned the trash heap that was we never learn. not once has an anime pissed me off in all the wrong ways. hopefully he trends towards the more ok-ness that was familiar of zero and less to the shit show
I didn’t really enjoy “We Never Learn” but to be fair, as far as harems go, the rating is relatively high
Nov 23, 2022 6:49 AM
Apr 2022
KURAIKEN63 said:
Hmm so there are some people who don't like it. Man this anime like the reflection of my thoughts. Even i would have asked god for my smartphone. It's one of the best ever.
I’m not sure how I actually feel about it. I watched it before I could tell the difference between good and bad animation. I also watched it before I’d watched any other isekais so it didn’t seem very generic to me. But at the time I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Not sure how id feel now tho
Nov 23, 2022 6:50 AM
Apr 2022
_Douma_ said:
its going to be a disaster as well
I dunno dude all signs point to a solid isekai. Plus if we get bored of the story Ima just be staring at the art cuz we know there art director is about to pop off hard
Nov 23, 2022 6:51 AM
Apr 2022
amanomoriya_ said:
To be honest, I liked this anime, despite the fact that it has a lot of negative reviews, I think it isn't that bad.

I've read the manga and somehow the story got better, I won't spoil anyone about it of course, also there's a possibility that that second season might be better than the first.
Thank you for confirming that the story got better lol, I had only seen it in a review or two so I wasn’t entirely sure
Nov 23, 2022 7:16 AM
Jun 2021
Rimusimp said:
titodacat said:
I didn’t really enjoy “We Never Learn” but to be fair, as far as harems go, the rating is relatively high

nah the rating is high cause people like the manga, the anime is dogshit I will never trust anyone who thinks the anime is anything other than that. the manga is great, the anime is gross.
Nov 23, 2022 7:29 AM
Feb 2018
as a light novel reader I think it be a great season as long as the studio doesn't rush to introduce all the bride and show what touya is willing to do if you mess with someone he cares about like the two princes arc along with the assailants side story
Nov 23, 2022 7:56 AM
Apr 2022
titodacat said:
Rimusimp said:

nah the rating is high cause people like the manga, the anime is dogshit I will never trust anyone who thinks the anime is anything other than that. the manga is great, the anime is gross.
Welp you know never read the manga so I can’t say I will ever know but whatever I guess, I enjoyed familiar of zero a lot so ima put my faith in the director
Nov 23, 2022 8:35 AM
Jun 2021
Rimusimp said:
titodacat said:

Welp you know never read the manga so I can’t say I will ever know but whatever I guess, I enjoyed familiar of zero a lot so ima put my faith in the director

the manga is a multiple route thing, so you know it doesn't do what the anime did. what the anime did, atleast what it felt like was it adapted basically the set up to all the routes with him coming out of no where and choosing the sporty one, where as the manga each girl has their own set up and pay off. as long as it doesn't do that we be fine
Nov 23, 2022 9:07 AM
Jul 2021
The first season was good. Afterwards I started reading its manga too. Which was also good.
I think I have immense potential.
Hope it goes well.
Nov 24, 2022 12:18 PM
Jun 2022
I'll be happy if the quality is at all comparable to the first series but by all accounts I'm not a very discerning viewer.
Nov 25, 2022 12:13 PM

Jan 2017
Paladin23 said:
as a light novel reader I think it be a great season as long as the studio doesn't rush to introduce all the bride and show what touya is willing to do if you mess with someone he cares about like the two princes arc along with the assailants side story

That is so true. They would have to animate 4 books in this season to do it justice. Hilde doesn't really join up until book 7. She is in 6 for a few pages.
Nov 25, 2022 12:19 PM
Feb 2018
KamijouToumaIB said:
Paladin23 said:

That is so true. They would have to animate 4 books in this season to do it justice. Hilde doesn't really join up until book 7. She is in 6 for a few pages.
true and she one of my favorite but rushing to add her and Sakura into the season most likely get it labeled generic
Nov 25, 2022 1:31 PM

Jan 2017
Paladin23 said:
KamijouToumaIB said:

true and she one of my favorite but rushing to add her and Sakura into the season most likely get it labeled generic

Me too. Hilde and Yae are my favoirtes. My favorite Gynoid should appear also. Bell Flora.
Nov 25, 2022 1:34 PM
Feb 2018
KamijouToumaIB said:
Paladin23 said:

Me too. Hilde and Yae are my favoirtes. My favorite Gynoid should appear also. Bell Flora.

same but I also like linze
Nov 25, 2022 1:49 PM

Jan 2017
Paladin23 said:
KamijouToumaIB said:

Linze is a good choice too. I like all Touya's girls.
Nov 25, 2022 2:02 PM

Sep 2020
don't let your hopes down smartphonebros, 2023 will be our year!!!!
Nov 25, 2022 2:17 PM
Apr 2022
L01MK said:
don't let your hopes down smartphonebros, 2023 will be our year!!!!
🤝 ma man…(limit)
Nov 25, 2022 2:28 PM
Feb 2018
KamijouToumaIB said:
Paladin23 said:

true Leen a bit much and some of the Babylon sisters and Babylon herself are also troublesome but nothing too much beside Tica. I a harem ending fan because i usually can't pick a best girl death march, highschool dxd, highschoool of the dead, absolute duo, hundred and Quintessential Quintuplets i hope for the harem route although with Quintuplet i pick Yotusuba as the harem ending there not realistic
Nov 27, 2022 12:36 PM

Jan 2017
Paladin23 said:
KamijouToumaIB said:

true Leen a bit much and some of the Babylon sisters and Babylon herself are also troublesome but nothing too much beside Tica. I a harem ending fan because i usually can't pick a best girl death march, highschool dxd, highschoool of the dead, absolute duo, hundred and Quintessential Quintuplets i hope for the harem route although with Quintuplet i pick Yotusuba as the harem ending there not realistic

Leen is one of my favs. I am not a Sue fan. She really doesn't bring much. I hate Tica with a passion. How far are you in the light novels. I finished 26 recently.
Nov 27, 2022 12:47 PM
Feb 2018
KamijouToumaIB said:
Paladin23 said:

Leen is one of my favs. I am not a Sue fan. She really doesn't bring much. I hate Tica with a passion. How far are you in the light novels. I finished 26 recently.

I like Leen but she too much of a tease like her daughter. I like Sue she adorable plus the two princes arc centers around her and it let the author show what happens when you mess with someone touya cares about. I'm only on volume 24 the one that introduces Kuon. it amazing how many of his kids lose their smartphones i now it a plot device to make it hard to get to brunhild but you think the smartphones would be enchanted with apport to come back to it owner after a set time or distance
Nov 27, 2022 12:50 PM

Jan 2017
Paladin23 said:
KamijouToumaIB said:

I like Leen but she too much of a tease like her daughter. I like Sue she adorable plus the two princes arc centers around her and it let the author show what happens when you mess with someone touya cares about. I'm only on volume 24 the one that introduces Kuon. it amazing how many of his kids lose their smartphones i now it a plot device to make it hard to get to brunhild but you think the smartphones would be enchanted with apport to come back to it owner after a set time or distance

About the missing phones. Touya mentions it. He is the only one that can recall the phones. But he needs the know the serial numbers. But he can't know his kids serial numbers. The kids are really all a reflection of their Mothers. But Linne and Elna and polar opposites.I am a huge Yakumo fan.
KamijouToumaIBNov 27, 2022 12:53 PM
Nov 27, 2022 1:02 PM
Feb 2018
KamijouToumaIB said:
Paladin23 said:

About the missing phones. Touya mentions it. He is the only one that can recall the phones. But he needs the know the serial numbers. But he can't know his kids serial numbers. The kids are really all a reflection of their Mothers. But Linne and Elna and polar opposites.I am a huge Yakumo fan.

that right forgot he said he used the serial numbers to track missing phones. I'm a fan of hilde daughter freigard but like like hilde so it make sense the fact she a weapon nut like the king of felsen is hilarious. I like yakumo as will I am a fan of touya bash sisters brides I feel sorry for her as yae surely going to give her a spanking when they met for her run off
Nov 27, 2022 1:15 PM

Jan 2017
Paladin23 said:
KamijouToumaIB said:

that right forgot he said he used the serial numbers to track missing phones. I'm a fan of hilde daughter freigard but like like hilde so it make sense the fact she a weapon nut like the king of felsen is hilarious. I like yakumo as will I am a fan of touya bash sisters brides I feel sorry for her as yae surely going to give her a spanking when they met for her run off

Yakumo comes to Brunhild and Yae is not happy.
Nov 27, 2022 1:20 PM
Feb 2018
KamijouToumaIB said:
Paladin23 said:

right it happened end of volume 24 she need him to use recovery on the people getting turn into fish monsters or was that Sakura daughter?
Nov 27, 2022 1:31 PM

Jan 2017
Paladin23 said:
KamijouToumaIB said:

right it happened end of volume 24 she need him to use recovery on the people getting turn into fish monsters or was that Sakura daughter?

I am sure it is Elna who has recovery. Yakumo doesn't reach Brunhild until 25.
Nov 27, 2022 3:43 PM
Feb 2018
KamijouToumaIB said:
Paladin23 said:

I am sure it is Elna who has recovery. Yakumo doesn't reach Brunhild until 25.
my mistake i mixed up Yoshio being found with Yakumo part at the very end of the volume 24
Dec 11, 2022 6:58 AM

Mar 2019
Season one was so predictable and unoriginal, it was a blast watching it. Everytime I I thought "no way they'll do this, it's too common." And they surprised me by actually doing it.

I don't know why, but I absolutely loved it.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Dec 13, 2022 7:14 AM
Aug 2018
Paladin23 said:
KamijouToumaIB said:

They are talking about the light novels/web novels of the isekai wa smartphone series since Toya's children he had with his 9 wives are still not featured in the anime unless they travel back in time to help their parents save them from Some danger and thus prevent the future from changing?
Dec 13, 2022 7:18 AM
Feb 2018
Tachi27 said:
Paladin23 said:

They are talking about the light novels/web novels of the isekai wa smartphone series since Toya's children he had with his 9 wives are still not featured in the anime unless they travel back in time to help their parents save them from Some danger and thus prevent the future from changing?
yes we are talking about a light novel but none of this will be in the second season smartphone would need two or three seasons to met touya kids
Dec 17, 2022 6:36 PM

May 2019
It's good.

Don't be boring, enjoy more, care less.
Dec 17, 2022 8:56 PM
Apr 2022
Rob7 said:
It's good.

Don't be boring, enjoy more, care less.
Enjoyment breeds care. Something you enjoy is something you tend to care about. Crazy how that works huh?
Dec 17, 2022 8:56 PM

Aug 2020
Come on guys. Dont you have phones?
Keep scrolling
Dec 20, 2022 7:36 PM
Oct 2022
hope it can be better.
Jan 1, 2023 6:36 AM

May 2017
Time to genre change to
81982062_p0
Jan 13, 2023 8:16 PM
Jul 2017
It's a generic Isekai anime, I seriously doubt it'll be good.
Jan 29, 2023 1:13 PM
Jun 2021
Rimusimp said:
Mikyonji said:
I hope it could be so..
Well atleast no matter how shit the source material could possibly be, atleast JC staff is pretty damn solid

Bro, JC staff sometimes nail the quality! But, sometimes, they lack. I hope this time the anime is good.
Feb 21, 2023 12:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Due to the studios change, this has a possibility to be better than S1 (which I have yet to watch), that said I dont believe it will be anything special and it saddens me we get a S2 of this and not of something like Rakudai or NGNL.
WASTE.
Feb 21, 2023 2:47 PM
Apr 2022
Playcool said:
Due to the studios change, this has a possibility to be better than S1 (which I have yet to watch), that said I dont believe it will be anything special and it saddens me we get a S2 of this and not of something like Rakudai or NGNL.
WASTE.
Yeah ngnl not getting s2 but I don’t give even the slightest shit about rakudai, atleast this one has some nostalgic memories for me
Mar 13, 2023 3:22 PM
Jun 2013
bro no freaking way. i remember watching this and saying i hope for a second season but this seemed to be one of those anime that end with cliffhangers hinting to a second season but never deliver, happens all the time. but im so glad i am wrong, i can not wait. i loved this anime and can't wait to see all the new girls.
Mar 23, 2023 7:06 AM
Oct 2019
COPIUM...COPIUM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

71 by SGT_Love-Handles »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

33 by PPAnimeWeeb »»
Feb 14, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2023

31 by ddanel »»
Feb 3, 4:05 PM

» why not take tsubaki Toya oh Toya

ZeroAXL - Jan 31

12 by _otaku_man00 »»
Jan 31, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

33 by Gator »»
Jan 31, 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.