Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2022: Anime Edition - Sign Up!

New
Nov 19, 2022 11:06 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

Sign-Up Deadline
Sunday, Dec 4, 23:59 PST

You must post in this thread before this date.

Confirmation Deadline
Tuesday, Dec 6, 23:59 PST

You must confirm your participation before this date or you will be removed from the event.
A PM with a confirmation link will be sent to you on ~Dec 3.

Santas Receive Their User
Sunday, Dec 11-ish

Once you receive your user, you need to start preparing your gift!

Gift Deadline
Monday, Dec 19, 23:59 PST

You must submit your gift to our elves before this date.
You will not give the gift directly to the user yourself.

Example Request

Example Gift

How to Sign-Up?
Please post in this thread, with the following format:

Min-Max length: (episodes)
Dislikes: (genres, demographics, themes) * If you do not want to receive popular entries (e.g. Top 50 anime), then write this!
Any sub/stream restrictions?: (e.g. dubs, CR) † If you want a specific streaming service, please specify your country/region.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):
Number of Completed entries on your anime list:
Does your MAL list include everything you've seen?: ‡ If it doesn't, add it now!
Link to anime list:
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): § If we find it too difficult to match you, we may move you from Gift Exchange to Elf Gift. This will not affect you receiving a badge.

Use this code!
[color=#106f83]❅[/color] [b]Min-Max length: [/b]
[color=#1db5cd]❅[/color] [b]Likes: [/b]
[color=#106f83]❅[/color] [b]Dislikes: [/b]
[color=#1db5cd]❅[/color] [b]Any sub/stream restrictions?: [/b]
[color=#106f83]❅[/color] [b]Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): [/b]
[color=#1db5cd]❅[/color] [b]Number of Completed entries on your anime list: [/b]
[color=#106f83]❅[/color] [b]Does your list include everything you've seen?: [/b]
[color=#1db5cd]❅[/color] [b]Link to anime list: [/b]
[color=#106f83]❅[/color] [b]Choose one—[u]Gift Exchange[/u] (make gift, get gift, get badge) or [u]Elf Gift[/u] (get gift only, no badge): [/b]
firefractalDec 13, 2022 11:37 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (58) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2022 11:45 PM

Aug 2020
Min-Max length: Anything less than 50-ish episodes please
Dislikes: Mainstream or well-known anime that I've probably heard of (looking for something new please)
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 526
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, apart from some random 2-minute student films. So basically yes.
Link to anime list: Here
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Nov 20, 2022 12:24 AM
Simul Addict

Apr 2019
Min-Max length: Ideally, up to 2 cours, but if I put my mind to it I may watch something longer (basically, whatever Santa prefers).
Likes: Pretty much everything that is not in Dislikes, as long as I'm entertained.
Dislikes: Ecchi (and Hentai) and full CGI. I don't like Mecha, Sports and CGDCT, but may watch if they are INSANELY good or was previously interested in it (don't recommend if you are not confident that I'll like it). Also no Idol or Shonen Ai and Shoujo Ai anime and no overly complicated or profound anime (things like Serial Experiments Lain tend to go right over my head). Preferably no Tsundere MC and no MC dying at the end (Drama is fine as long as it's not ridiculous). I don't think I'll mind if I'm persuaded, but I'd rather have no movies nor Top anime recommended to me (as I probably have already thought of watching them or have decided not to).
Any sub/stream restrictions?: English or Spanish subs.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1000.
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Everything-Fan
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange.
AkayonaDec 4, 2022 10:44 PM

However,
by that point
you will have been torn into pieces.
Nov 20, 2022 12:28 AM

Mar 2010
Min-Max length: 10-30 Episodes
Likes: Prefer Romance, Action, Shoujo, Shounen, Comedy, Mystery(Detective/Investigation)
Dislikes: Tragedy/Bad ending, Harem, Top 250, Avant Garde, Dialogue heavy (Bakemonogatari, Tatami Galaxy)
Any sub/stream restrictions?: N/A
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 887
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Stardew
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange

StardewNov 20, 2022 7:26 AM
Nov 20, 2022 12:47 AM

Apr 2015
Min-Max length: At least 10 episodes, max 100 episodes. Prefer something around 12-50 episodes.
Likes: Action, Adventure, Fantasy/Supernatural, Mystery, Thriller, Psychological. But any genre outside of those are fine (except the ones listed in my dislikes). I like shows in which you can easily get attached to almost every single character (even the antagonists/villains) and brings an emotional impact.
Dislikes: Don't like Ecchi, Harem, BL/GL (shounen-ai/shoujo-ai are fine, but only if it's genuinely good - without any rape, non-consensual touching, stalking, etc. - like Given). Basically perverted or toxic stuff. "Sad" shows (Your Lie in April, AnoHana, Violet Evergarden, etc.) CGDCT, kids, mecha, avant garde, episodic shows. Shows with tsundere or yandere or emotionless OP characters. Preferably nothing in the top 200 most popular, 150 top anime, or super recent (2020-2022 anime) since I'll most likely know them.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: None
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 302
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Mostly yes, but missing a few I've watched when I was a little kid.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Esmera
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Nov 20, 2022 12:47 AM

Mar 2016
Min-Max length: one or two cour
Likes: SoL/Iyashkei/CGDCT/idols/Anything with seiyuus I like. I rather watch a bad show with good seiyuus than a good show with seiyuus I don't know
Dislikes: Ecchi/Harem/Isekai/Dementia 💀
Any sub/stream restrictions?: no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, but strongly preferred not
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 772
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, Everything except shows I watched as a kid like pokemon and yu-gi-oh
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/wswsasd
Nov 20, 2022 1:09 AM

Apr 2020
Min-Max length: Preferably no more than 70 episodes
Likes: suspense, thriller, phycological, political, sci-fi
Dislikes: I'm willing to try any genre but i'm not usually a fan of fanservice/ecchi anime or fully CGI anime
Any sub/stream restrictions?: I generally prefer subbed but I will watch English dubs if its the only option or if I think the dub is better
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): no
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 112
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Venacles
Nov 20, 2022 1:24 AM

Mar 2016
Min-Max length: Doesn't matter to me, anything's fine including OVAs, Movies, ONAs, etc., Just please make it something that is complete and not still airing
Likes: Everything except for what is written under "dislikes"
Dislikes: Yaoi/BL where the Yaoi is the main draw, Direkt sequels, Shows I have dropped (Please no "Give show x another chance", I want shows I have never seen anything of), Adaptions of manga/novels I have read/dropped already (please check my manga list as well)
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No, I can speak Japanese, so doesn't even need subs
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, but for those that want an extra challenge, if you can find something you can truly recommend that is not on my PtW, I would be very impressed
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 672
Link to anime list: Bagira20's List
Nov 20, 2022 1:39 AM

May 2016
Min-Max length: No preference
Dislikes: Shounen Ai,Romance, Sports
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No restrictions
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 597
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/caballeromercer
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange
Nov 20, 2022 1:57 AM

Feb 2018
Min-Max length: min. 11 (if you find something ongoing, sure why not ✨)
Likes: I prefer watching anime from the genres Romance, Slice of Life (especially Iyashikei), Comedy, Drama, CGDCT, Adventure or (and) Mystery, but if you find something which not explicitly fits these it's also fine 👀
I'm especially always searching for shows that have very subtle romance elements, but still a very deep meaning in them.
Also anime that make my heart pound faster, because they are either so heartwarming or bring in the spicy drama into the romance story.
But there doesn't have to be that much romance in it, also really like pure Comedy, Mystery or Adventure :)
Dislikes: Not really looking for Ecchi or Suspense anime, but beside that I'm very open
Any sub/stream restrictions?: I have crunchyroll (that's going to be hard to check, but I'm in the DE region for CR), Amazon Prime Video (not Aniverse), AKIBA PASS TV, if you can't find it in my region it's also fine, if you really think I need to watch it and it's not even available with German subtitles anywhere, just mention it and as long as it has English subtitles I'm watching it :)
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No (only yes if another thing is not) (please please please, also check my Manga list, sometimes I only read something because I want to retain the wonderful coloured world in my mind 🌍)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 507
Link to anime list: Anime List / malgraph
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange 🎅🏻
lumarelNov 26, 2022 10:49 PM
Nov 20, 2022 2:15 AM

Apr 2011
Min-Max length: Anything is fine!
Likes: Comedy,Romance,Drama,Slice of Life,CGDCT, Psychological, Mystery, Suspense, Avant Garde, Horror
Dislikes: Harem,Isekai, BL
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 370
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/chibiandreea
Nov 20, 2022 2:29 AM
Jan 2022
Min-Max Length:less than 100 episode
Likes:Shonen, supernatural, sports, action, adventure, good character development.
Dislikes:Harem, Hentai
Any sub/stream restriction:No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 99
Does your list include everything you've seen?:yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Uzumaki__Luffy?status=2
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): gift exchange
Nov 20, 2022 2:39 AM

Jul 2008
Min-Max length: Any Length
Dislikes: Shounen Ai, BL
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 3285
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ryougi_Shiki_
Nov 20, 2022 2:39 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Min-Max length: any
Likes: Action Adventure, Ecchi Harem Comedy, Slice of Life Iyashikei, Shounen, Seinen, Mahou Shoujo, Idols (Female)
Dislikes: School Romance, Reincarnation Isekai, Shoujo, Josei, Avant Garde, Sports
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1008
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ranacchi
Nov 20, 2022 2:43 AM
Anime Moderator
Aug 2011
Min-Max length: no min-max
Likes: Main cast mostly male (or at least two important male characters,) has an important "relationship" focus (again between the guys, doesn't need to be romantic), depth of character/themes and complex emotional narratives are appreciated.
Dislikes: Anime that have nothing but action. No need for anything in the top 100. No need for anything boys love tagged, I probably got all those covered. No idol shows. Please don't include a sequel or a spin-off of an anime in my PTW.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Nope
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1051
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/goncix3000
Nov 20, 2022 2:47 AM

Mar 2016
Min-Max length: 1 - 100
Likes: anything except my dislikes, biggest favs are sports, romcoms, fantasy, action-adventure ones and sol, i am alright wil BL too
Dislikes: horror and gore is a big no, so no dark stories, i dont really like dementia and historical samurai stories. I dont want an MC death one and the popular shows which I havent seen like Tokyo Ghoul, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Yakusoku Neverland and so.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Subbed ones please (so no raws)
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, my On-hold and Dropped lists are my 2nd and 3rd plan-to-watch lists.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 2,183
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/YayakoChii?status=2
YayakoChiiNov 20, 2022 3:08 AM

Nov 20, 2022 2:56 AM

Oct 2017
Min-Max length: Nothing 50+
Likes: Adventure, Psychological, Mystery, Historical, Shoujo-ai, Thriller, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Idols, Space, Dystopian, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Worldbuilding, Robots. Check my favorite anime.
Dislikes: Ecchi, Isekai, Cars, Mecha, Boys Love (Boys Love is fine as long as it's not sexual assault), Slice of life, Tropes and Stereotypes.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, that also includes those on my watching list with 0 episodes.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 2,127
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Bunille
Nov 20, 2022 3:03 AM

Feb 2015
Min-Max length: Any
Likes: I'm not a picky watcher, just avoid my dislikes and you'll be fine. You can try to pitch me your favourite anime, for example, weird anime, wholesome and fluffy one, or darker psychological anime. I tend to enjoy anime with weird animation or bizarre storyline/concept. Seriously, anything is welcome~
Dislikes: SoL, Mecha, Ecchi, CGDCT, Idols and please avoid top/most popular 300 anime
Any sub/stream restrictions?: English subs
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 465
Link to anime list: here
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange~
awariiDec 13, 2022 2:30 PM

And like the moon,
we must go through phases
of emptiness
to feel full again

Nov 20, 2022 3:12 AM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015
Min-Max length:
1 cour min., no max.

No need to include all of these, of course.
— Themes: Childcare, Reverse harem, Pets, Mythology (japanese especially), Space.
— Shoujo is my fav demographic, but I enjoy the rest as well.
— Slow burning romance, including LGTB. Consent please.
— Bishounen/Ikemen.
— Lately getting into oldies.
— Strong friendship themes.
— Tsundere characters.
— If you want to pick a het romance focused anime, I'd prefer the female mc's POV.
— Probably something originally written by a woman is going to be more of my liking.
— Emotional, heartwarming, wholesome shows.
— Conclusive endings, even if not in the recommended season.
— Happy endings. The happier the better.
— Anything else not in the dislikes section is good for me.

Dislikes:
— Avant Garde, CGDCT, Harem, Ecchi, Isekai (except if it’s shoujo-ish).
— Comedy is a hit-or-miss.
— Amnesia.
— Anything too angsty.
— Romance as in a typical male lead falling into a female’s breast, seeing her naked accidentally, etc., etc.
— Perverted characters.
— Sexualized children.
— Super slow/chill series (might like them, but it’s a high risk).
— Sequels to something I’ve already watched.
— Movies.
— Extremely sad endings.
— Anything from 2015 - 2022.
— Top 500 most popular.

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No, but you can add an extra rec from it if you think I'm going to really like it.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 824
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nymeew?status=7
NymeewDec 1, 2022 6:22 AM

Nov 20, 2022 3:16 AM
Jan 2021
Min-Max length: 50 episodes max
Likes: Majority of the genre's although I have a preference for horror or sport, please try to give me ones which aren't as popular
Dislikes: Mecha and isekai's
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 106
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Jin137
Jin137Nov 20, 2022 3:27 AM
Nov 20, 2022 3:24 AM
Oct 2019
Min-Max length: Min of 12 or 13 and Max of 100 plus episodes (if the story gets better)
Dislikes: Power of Friendship
Any availability restrictions?: No
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your manga list: 654
Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/JemC
JemCNov 20, 2022 3:30 AM
Nov 20, 2022 3:29 AM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
Min-Max length: Under 100 episodes
Dislikes: None
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 15,010
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes minus some Chinese/Korean titles
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Coolest1234D
Nov 20, 2022 3:29 AM

Jun 2020
Min-Max length: I do usually prefer shorter anime, so around 12 episodes would be awesome, but if you think you have the perfect 24-ish episode anime be sure to gift that one instead!
Likes: Around this time of the year I usually go very good on cozy/feel good series, this can include genres like 'comedy', 'romance', 'slice of life' etc. So by picking a good one of those can hardly go wrong xd.
Dislikes: When mentioning the romance genre at likes I did definetly not mean 'boys love', please try and stay away from that one along with the follwing genres: 'sports' and 'horror' are both genres I can enjoy, but do not prefer during the cozy winter season. ☕
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Nope!
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably not
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 317
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Almost, I am probably missing a few shows I watched as a kid.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/DimitrovN
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange!

『歌』
◁  ❚❚  ▷
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Nov 20, 2022 3:30 AM

Apr 2014
Min-Max length: 12-26 episodes
Likes: Slice of Life, School, Romance, CGDCT, Drama, Music, Girls Love
Dislikes: Boys Love, Sport(girl MCs are ok), Cars, Avant Garde, Shounen with kid MC
Any sub/stream restrictions?: no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): no
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1,273
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/AkeZZZ
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 20, 2022 3:30 AM

Jan 2021
Min-Max length: Any
Dislikes: Rom-com, Harem, MC that is too timid/cowardly
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Eng sub please!
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably not
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 160
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yep!
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/joMAL?status=1
Nov 20, 2022 3:33 AM

Mar 2014
Min-Max length: I don't mind the length or how many works. Can be a long one or more small ones but I'd like them to be complete and not still airing.
Likes: Binge worthy shows, Mystery, Adventure, Fantasy, Scifi, Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Mecha, Sports, Shounen, anything really as long as it's not the next category. You are free to send me your favourites, even if I haven't mentioned the tags/genres here!
Dislikes: I'd like to avoid ecchi and harem shows these days.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 3987
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rinarin
Card Deliveries
Nov 20, 2022 3:42 AM

Apr 2016
Min-Max length: 12 - 24 episodes
Likes: Survival, School, Reincarnation, Time Travel, Psychological, Adventure, Seinen
Dislikes: Older than 10 years, Mecha, Racing, Showbiz, Idols, Gore, Slice of Life, Girls/Boys Love
Any sub/stream restrictions?: must have english sub
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 444
Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Attoolomeu
https://anime.plus/Attoolomeu
Nov 20, 2022 3:53 AM
Prideful Demon

Oct 2016
Min-Max length: 10-25, although longer is fine too as long as it doesn't exceed 50.
Likes: Mystery/Detective/Organised Crime/Suspense/Drama/Horror/Supernatural/Mythology, anything really (besides the ones mentioned in dislikes)
Dislikes: Ecchi/Harem/Hentai/Avant Garde/Mecha/Kids/CGDCT/Romance only or heavily centred around Romance. Nothing with mostly kids as main characters. Nothing from the Top 300.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 396
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes (besides things watched as a kid)
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/KatjieKat
KatjieKatNov 20, 2022 6:10 AM
Nov 20, 2022 4:00 AM

May 2016
Min-Max length: Max 4 cours so ~52 eps (per season)
(My likes are optional and you can use none of them if you want to gift me something else)
    TV-series - as I prefer to watch ~20m long episodes in seasons;
    Drama - being my the most watched genre and the highest rated (malgraph);
    Suspense/Thriller - one of the top rated genres (malgraph);
    Psychological - one of the top rated genres (malgraph);
    Mystery - one of the top rated genres (malgraph);
    Mahou Shoujo - some more that I enjoy;
    Shoujo - some more that I enjoy;
    Fantasy + Slice of Life - I recently started enjoying this combination of genres;
    Unique or Rich Plot - story is the main thing that keeps my attention;
    Female Protagonist - feel better watching show with female mc;
    Emotional - basically tearjerker;
    Medieval or Earlier - not exactly literally that, for example fantasy world without technology is also what I mean
    Dark Fantasy - darker type of world is nice;
    Post-Apocalyptic - dead world is fun too;
    Death Game - fighting for your life is fun too;
    Anti-Hero - interesting character type;
Dislikes:
(My dislikes are mandatory so please don't use any of them)
    Shounen;
    Kids;
    Comedy Focused - so not everything comedy tagged, just those which base on comedy and not have any story to this;
    Parody;
    Gag Humor;
    Chinese/Korean;
    Studio Ghibli;
    OVA - unless it's at least 12 eps I guess;
    Episodical - no story at all and episodes could be basically watched in any order;
    Pre-2000 - I would prefer to choose those on my own tbh;
    Shorts - less than 15 mins per episode;
    Full CGI
Any sub/stream restrictions?: -
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No, I have only upcoming stuff there so won't change much anyway
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 567
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, besides kids shows which I put in my dislikes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kansugi // malgraph
KansugiNov 20, 2022 5:36 AM
Nov 20, 2022 4:03 AM

Oct 2016
Min-Max length: I prefer OVAs or mini-series. 12ish episodes max. I want a story to be told start to finish, not ongoing.
Likes: More serious stuff. Especially things that make some social commentary or raise philosophical issues. Happy with violence, nudity, etc. Historic fiction is also good.
Dislikes: Shounen.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yeah, although my list is private. But feel free to make a case for something even if you think it might be on there.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 99
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Unlikely. I joined MAL in 2016. I've been watching anime since ~1998. I did my best to add everything I could think of, but...
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Felkyr
Nov 20, 2022 4:19 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
Min-Max length: TV-type anime with 1-2 cours
Likes: 1. Slice of Life, Mahou Shoujo, Coming of Age theme. 2. Or something totally different: An anime where a couple has a break-up and handles it in an mature way. No revenge-themend or anything silly, but how adults handle things and move on with life
Dislikes: Poitical, historical, space, violent and gorey, things that I have to think hard while watching, highly interpretative series that surpass my brain power (for example Neon Genesis Evangelion, Madoka Magica)
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No restrictions
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1142
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Brati
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange, I like badges
BratiNov 20, 2022 4:23 AM
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Nov 20, 2022 4:24 AM
Hocus Pocus!🪄

Jul 2020
Min-Max length: Keep it 10-30 episodes, please.
Likes: I'd appreciate it if my gift was among one of the three choices below. Having them a bit mixed between them is completely fine. Do note that anything's fine as long as it's well written (but avoid dislikes, please). I love spice picks, but not too spicy

1) SoL choice:
- A chill anime to watch. CGDCT, childcare and/or iyashikei tend to be my choices here, so please go with that. School can be a plus

2) Mystery choice:
- Love a good mystery with suspense, dark elements and/or drama

3) Adventure choice:
- I tend to stick with fantasy, action, philosophy and/or survival. Them being post-apocalypse is a nice bonus. Isekai are acceptable

Dislikes: Please avoid these as much as possible
- Rating: Top 300 anime on MAL
- Tags: Kids, ecchi, harem, mecha & BL
- Other: Dense protagonists, slow pacing, full CGI & too politics based
- Date: Pre-2000

Any sub/stream restrictions?: No problem there
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 609
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Very certain so, yes
Link to anime list: MickHeal's Anime List | MALgraph
MickHealNov 20, 2022 7:43 AM
Nov 20, 2022 4:31 AM

Jun 2013
Min-Max length: Any length is good
Likes: Slice of Life, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Mystery, Scifi
Dislikes: Horror
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 8,077
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, except some shorts that are not yet in the DB
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Berumotto
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Elf Gift

Nov 20, 2022 4:32 AM
Oct 2017
Min-Max length: Any length is fine, I don't mind :)
Likes: Romance, school, a good and well-written story is a must and must be somewhat realistic. Not a must but I like when an anime makes me feel a certain way and leaves an impact on me. I know this is very ambiguous but again, this is not a must. The recommendation does not have to include any of these but these are just some helpful pointers.
Dislikes: Fantasy, magic, super mainstream anime, super old anime, historical and maybe isekai. There may be some exceptions to these which means again, your recommendation can include these but these genres are just ones I prefer not to watch. No BL please.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No restrictions.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): If you really can't find one then it can be on my PTW. However, if it is on my PTW I would like you to really convince me to watch it/them.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 558
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/nightmarelegend
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge).
Nov 20, 2022 4:34 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
📢 Note: your rec(s) doesn't need to fit everything I wrote!
❄️ Min - Max length :
 — No min. nor max. (tho the longer it is, the longer it might take me to get there)
 — Any Type works (so long they aren't related to something I have yet to see) as well any country of origin (ie it can be Chinese, Korean, etc).
 — If it's movies give me more than 3 different titles that aren't related. (Movie-Series are okay.)

— I enjoy almost all genres/themes, so some variety on your recs is welcomed.
 — The genres/themes I usually enjoy the most are Isekais, Shoujo, Josei, Seinen, Romance, Fantasy, Adult Cast, Mature and Dark settings.
   Reverse harems and Male Idol shows are my weakness.
 — This year I would like something more focused on either adults or music.
 — If there are pretty boys and good husbandos, I will most likely go for it.
 — Scores, Rank, Popularity, etc. are things I don't mind when starting anime.

❄️ Dislikes :
 — I don't want something from the Top 300 (chances I know it / saw it are high) nor Airing titles.
 — I dislike with passion abusive "deres" and high pitched voices.
   Prime example is this trash. Note that a dominant and strong female is different to that.
 — Try to avoid anime with MCs that are too dense and oblivious, those that are too stupid to realize what's happening in front of them.
 — Little girls and boys being sexualized.
 — An all female main cast (unless well executed, like Sora Yori or Kageki Shoujo) and/or Girls Love in general (tho admittedly few ones are well done).
 — Excessive fan-service (using girls, for males), ecchi (using girls) and/or horror. Minimal use of it is okay.

Any sub/stream restrictions?
 — Something available subbed online for free.

❄️ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list list?
 — I rather you use something I have yet to start from my on hold/watching list, since it's stuff that I "own".
   (On hold are those owned but no idea when to watch them; watching and not started are those that I have and want to watch soon).
 — If you would rather surprise me, then you can mix those with PTW and/or stuff not on my list.
 — Also, please avoid recommending stuff I have received from previous years (here).

Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 4,069 (as of this post).

❄️ Does your MAL list include everything you've seen? It should.

Link to anime list.
 — It might help to check our Shared Anime.

❄️ Choose one — Gift Exchange or Elf Gift : Gift Exchange, ofc.
 — Sorry in advance.
 — I would like to help making an extra gift, if needed.

[edit Dec 12 to update the list tag containing previously received gifts]
SheyCroixDec 12, 2022 5:50 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nov 20, 2022 4:40 AM

Sep 2018
Min-max length: ideally 1–2 cours (between 10 to 26 episodes)

Whether it be in the form of a suspenseful high-stakes thriller spiced up with some clever mind games or a hilarious meta comedy delivered by a heartwarmingly likeable cast, please recommend me an anime that you found immersive, entertaining and effortless to watch! I'm first and foremost looking for a satisfying show that'll catch my attention straight away and keep me invested for its entire run. I'd also appreciate it if the recommendation was at least somewhat catered to my taste by using series I've already seen and enjoyed as a reference. (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)

Dislikes:
– mecha, military
– harem, love polygon
– romance inducing harmful/tacky tropes (e.g. abusive significant other, zero chemistry relationships)
– avant-garde (abstract writing, heavy symbolism, odd pacing)
– full 3D-CGI
– top 100 anime (popularity)
– prequels/sequels to shows I've already seen
– anything I've already read the manga of

Any sub/stream restrictions?: none
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): no, but that shouldn't restrict much ^^
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 392
Link to anime list: here it is
Choose one: gift exchange (✿ ^‿^)
gyanburubiiNov 24, 2022 12:59 PM
Nov 20, 2022 4:47 AM

Sep 2020
❅ Min-Max length: Minimum length should be 1h in total, and for the Maximum length it should be 30 or less episodes
❅ Likes: None in particular, craving a bit of good suspense and slice of life stuff is always nice
❅ Dislikes: Ecchi/Harem/Isekai
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?: No
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 323
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: No, but close
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Pejuz
❅ Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange
Nov 20, 2022 5:04 AM

May 2017
Min-Max length: Not more than 50 episodes
Likes: Supernatural, Mystery, Horror, Fantasy, School, Slice of life, Parody, Shoujo-ai, Yuri, Thriller, Psychological, Mahou shoujo
Dislikes: Shounen-ai, Yaoi, Cars, Space, Sports, Mecha, Isekai, Romantic Subtext, Kids, Pets, gangs, overpowered/genius protagonist. Nothing from top 50 most popular, please.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 345
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, except hentai
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Alex2422
Play Honkai Impact 3rd
Nov 20, 2022 5:09 AM

Aug 2012
Min-Max length:
- Preferably under 50 episodes, can go over if you think something's worth it
- Prefer TV/ONA but movies and OVAs are okay too

(not all of these have to apply, can be only a couple or you can just go wild, ignore all of it, and pick whatever you think I'll like based on my favs)
- Shoujo/Josei romance, especially if it's not just a highschool slice of life (BL/GL/het are all fine)
- Adult characters are always a plus
- Iyashikei, CGDCT, and any feel-good anime that's more "atmospheric"
- You can sell me anything that has some cute or hot male characters tbh

Dislikes:
- Ecchi
- Fanservice with female characters (panty shots, weirdly skimpy clothes etc)
- Team Sports
- Donghua
- Centered around idols (it's okay if there's side characters who are idols or something)
- Nothing that came out in the last three years please (2019-2022)
- No weird teacher/student, adult/minor, incest, or loli/shota stuff pleaseeeee
- Nothing from top 100 on MAL
- Nothing directly related (sequel/spin-off/etc) to things I've already watched
- Nothing based on otome, unless you can promise me it's as good as the game

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list?: No (sorry)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 403
Link to anime list: Here

Choose one: Gift Exchange
wkteoNov 21, 2022 5:14 AM

ワンダーランズ×ショウタイム
Nov 20, 2022 5:13 AM

Jan 2020
Min-Max length: up to 52 episodes preferably, no movies
Likes: adventure, slice of life, iyashike, food, educational
Dislikes: pure romance, pure action, total crrazyness , RPG isekai, meccha, ecchi, IDOLS
Any sub/stream restrictions?: none
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Nope
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 582 (787)
Does your list include everything you've seen?: MAL account has about 90 percent. My AniList has EVERYTHING. I tried to updated Mal but after letter H I got an headage.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Nami26 , https://anilist.co/user/NamHarper/animelist
Nami26Nov 20, 2022 5:47 AM
Nov 20, 2022 5:16 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
Min-Max length: Not more than 30 episodes
Likes: Drama, Supernatural, Mystery, Avant Garde, Psychological. Some of my favorite anime: Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Sonny Boy, FLCL
Dislikes: Ecchi/Harem/Isekai. Preferably nothing from the top 50 most popular please
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 127
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/RareWRLD
9cycle cycle9

Nov 20, 2022 5:30 AM
Anime Moderator
Coolest Staff

Sep 2012
Min-Max length: 12-40
Likes: Drama, Fantasy (Actual fantasy no isekai nonsense), World Building, Psychological, Thriller
Dislikes: No kids show, echhi, top 250 shows, yaoi, yuri, loli, shotacon. shows rated below a 7, post-2010 (ive prob watched or marked them as PTW already)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1486
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Timcampy118
TimcampyDec 2, 2022 9:54 AM
Best Mod
Nov 20, 2022 5:35 AM

Nov 2018
Min-Max length: Nothing more than 50 episodes
Likes: psychological, thriller, heavy/complex subjects concerning society as a whole, dystopia, action, politics, mafia, mental battle (like in Death Note for exemple)
Dislikes: romance-only shows, iyashikei, most slice of life, CGDCT, music theme, mahou shoujo, anything that is very calm, hentai / ecchi / heavy harem shows (reverse harems are an exception) and direct sequels that I haven't seen the prequel.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? : If you want to add some in bonus that are in ptw go ahead, but the secret santa itself (main recommendations) shouldn't be on my ptw nor on-hold / dropped (dropped list is a 2nd ptw) 😊
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 916
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yep!
Link to anime list: Link
Choose one—Gift Exchange or Elf Gift: Gift Exchange
Eleanora1315Nov 20, 2022 5:40 AM
Nov 20, 2022 5:58 AM
Sep 2021
Min-Max length: anywhere btwn 12-40 works
Likes: shonen, mystery, parody,good animations, adventure (like ONEPIECE) , squads (like BLEACH or BC) , dark, suspense, THRILLER, comedy
Dislikes: ecchi, slice of life which are not dependent on comedy (Komi-San, Kaguya-Sama are my taste), Isekai
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Nup
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 526
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Piniv
PinivNov 20, 2022 6:10 AM
Nov 20, 2022 5:59 AM

Sep 2019
Min-Max length: max 13 episodes.
Likes: seinen, mystery, psychological and I kinda like suspense as well.
Dislikes: anime romcoms rarely make me laugh. most isekais are also a no go for me.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: no.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): sure.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 456, at the time I'm writing this.
Does your list include everything you've seen?: it does.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/fricksalot
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange.
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Nov 20, 2022 6:00 AM

Mar 2017
Min-Max length: Around 12
Likes: Action, Adventure, Fantasy. Preferably something similar to my favorites (Vinland Saga, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, ...)
Dislikes: Ecchi, Sports, Music, Drama, over-the-top anime tropes. Not in the mood for emotional-heavy anime.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No, I'll find a way.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 459
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, except for long-running shows like Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, ...
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/ikkew
ikkewNov 20, 2022 6:33 AM
Nov 20, 2022 6:09 AM

Oct 2022
Min-Max length: Less than 50 eps is fine but I will prefer if it was about 1 or 2 cour. Movie is also fine tho.
Likes: Anything but not really.I really like aesthetically pleasing stuff. Mostly with city landscape and night view. I also like weird stuff. I like show that's deep while also not that deep (If you know what I mean.) I just like great show. I hope you can recommend me some observe show tho. (I also like Garbage show if it's somehow funny.)
Dislikes: Horror, Sports (I don't necessarily dislike them but I rarely get the mood to watch them.), Yaoi, Ecchi that doesn't have god tier plot, Harem and that is?
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No..?
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 100
Link to anime list: My Anime List
LuluThetkaNov 28, 2022 6:04 PM
Nov 20, 2022 6:39 AM

Sep 2016
Min-Max length: any length!
Likes: i don't exactly like a specific genre, so i'm okay with anything really
Dislikes: sports, ecchi & harem
Any sub/stream restrictions?: as long as all episodes are subbed
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes!
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 330
Link to anime list
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): gift exchange
Nov 20, 2022 6:40 AM

Sep 2018
Min-Max length: Not more than 100 episodes, I accept movies too!
Likes: Adventure, Mystery, Comedy, Fantasy, Slice of Life, Psychological, and Iyashikei. These are just my preferred stuff but I am open to anything interesting or absurd even. In addition, I've been looking to watch older shows from years less than 2005 so you can start there if you have a lot of old shows on your list.
Dislikes: Ecchi, Harem, Reverse Harem, Isekai and Shounen (I need a break from those two). Please don't suggest me an anime based from a VN as well, I usually just play the VN if it has just for personal preferences. No to Top 200 shows as well.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 584
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Most of it, there are some I forgot about.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sabeh
Nov 20, 2022 6:45 AM

Jun 2020
Min-Max length: Less than 50 episodes.. (movies or OVAs are fine too)
Likes: An immersive action-thriller.. I like almost all the genres but am specifically looking for an action-thriller, something adventurous, and would be happy if the style was experimental or imaginative and has great animation, and if it was philosophical or layered. They're not necessary, but please recommend me something that you found to be enthralling and with good energy..
Dislikes: If the animation looks too 'polished' or very digital.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: I hope it's available online with English subs.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 222
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/_flaneuse
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (58) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

14 by Bunnyama »»
4 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Apr 24, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.