Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2022 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
Team Z definitely fighting against the odds this episode and it's both a physical and mental game on both sides.

Chigiri displayed the most emotions and we got to see more of his past. It seems Team Z blew a lead but honestly, here was so much ego on that field that it was inevitable. Chigiri played his heart out and the music in those scenes were amazing.
Nov 19, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2020
Drama no less than a crime thriller. I know it's kind of a bitter pill to swallow, but believe me we still watching football.

Team Z being 4-3 down, and playing with 10 players.. all thanks to bad villain Kuon backstabbing this bunch. But hey you’ve to give this to team Z, still giving their all and not giving into despair. Isagi being the protag, lifted the morale like no one. I mean you’ve to appreciate his capabilities, talked tsundere-kun to play his part in the game after all.

Chigiri’s backstory kinda hurts, I mean losing something you’re good at due to an injury is the worst feeling ever. Though he redeemed himself, scoring one heck of a goal and hence equalizing the score. He ain’t a tsundere anymore :)

Kuon.. bozo you don't belong anywhere now.
Nov 19, 2022 9:33 AM
Jun 2022
the comeback of chigiri was awesome i like the way how they shown chigiri problem team z let's go
Nov 19, 2022 9:39 AM
Dec 2021
Chigiri's goal was insane, but gotta give a shout-out to Iemon too for the clutch save!

And Nagi is finally here!!!
Nov 19, 2022 9:57 AM
Sep 2015
Blue Lock best scene is always, and will always be a scene in a locker room with half-naked and full-naked players.
Nov 19, 2022 10:10 AM
May 2022
Peak! Loved this episode

Nov 19, 2022 10:21 AM
Jan 2021
best episode so far
Nov 19, 2022 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
So Chigiri's specialty is speed. Awesome to see him wake up and finally break those mental shackles.

Team V is up next. Undefeated and beat Baro's team.
Nov 19, 2022 10:33 AM
Oct 2019
MAN CHIGIRI IS SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!
Nov 19, 2022 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
So satisfying to see that piece of shit Kuon's betrayal backfire on him. Chigiri finally overcame the mental barrier that comes with the fear of re-injury and showed that he's still got that speed. What a goal for him and what an exhilarating comeback for Team Z. The match against Team V looks to be an exciting one for sure.

Lol Kuon is really still trying to go behind his team's back and give away their secrets. Pathetic piece of shit smh. Glad the Team V guys basically told him to fuck off.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 19, 2022 11:06 AM

Nov 2016
Finally Team V, the one with the most eccentric players. From here Blue Lock will be on a different level.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2022 11:25 AM
Sep 2022
It was amazing. The animation was fire and it had me so hype. I can't wait for the team V match😈
Nov 19, 2022 11:25 AM
Jul 2020
IT WAS SO GOOD IM GONNA FKING DIE CHIGIRI IS THE BEST I LOVE HIM NAGI IS SO FKING ADORABLE IM SO FKING EXCITED FOR HIM IN THE ANIME
Nov 19, 2022 11:27 AM
May 2021
Yessir!!! Fucking amazing ep!! 🔥😩 shit had me hyped, this is what a sports anime is all about!! Chigiri lets fckn go!!
Nov 19, 2022 11:29 AM

Jul 2017
Kuon's betrayal with Team W, and with only 15 mins to go, Team Z is at an disadvantage being low on numbers and most definitely on score with a losing 4-3 streak. They only need to tie this game badly, and especially with Chigiri, having faced the Wanima Brothers himself before Blue Lock ever was a blimp, he was the talent that could've thrived in his grown-up years. But thanks to the ACL ligament tear, that dream will inevitably be shattered if he chooses to play more, and even so if his team loses here, RIGHT NOW.

With all tactics out in the wild, Isagi and the others have to think outside the box if they want to overcome the defenses, and Isagi decides to tackle this on his own, by hook or by crook, trashing everyone in his way of a goal within the 3 minutes of additional time. All it needs now is Chigiri breaking his chained bonds to overcome it all for this moment, which he gives his full sprinting strength just like his days of past to secure the tie. Watching Isagi break his limits proved to be the kicker for Chigiri, and the renewed him is much better than ever.

A heated match wnding ending in a tie, and Kuon definitely needs to go as the backstabbing person that never changes, this time to the undefeated Team V. They are a team that doesn't need insider info, and Kuon is seen as someone who's weak-willed.

Time for the final match: Team Z vs. Team V, all from a criticism standpoint of football.
Nov 19, 2022 11:38 AM

Jun 2019
Finally, a great fucking episode. Now, that's what I'm talking about. Chigiri... fuck them up. He showed so much in today's episode and that soundtrack didn't disappoint me one bit. That was a great episode. I finally enjoyed an episode more than the previous ones. I hope it stays this way.
Nov 19, 2022 11:41 AM
Sep 2021
I just have to say this. When those guitars started up, I just got hyped for Chigiri. I was ready for him to run again, and the guitars were a perfect music choice for how hype the moment was!
Nov 19, 2022 11:43 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hell Yeah!!! Chigiri finally sprung into action after realizing that he has nothing left to lose and has scored the final goal to tie things up despite Kuon's betrayal. Now Team Z can live to fight another day against Team V

The World Cup is finally here although its still odd to have it in November instead of the Summer. Go Team USA!!!
Nov 19, 2022 11:45 AM

Jul 2022
FINALLY CHIGIRI PLAYING FOR REAL! I FUCKING LOVE HIMMM. no homo.. ?
Nov 19, 2022 11:50 AM

Dec 2019
Another amazing ep like always

Also nagi my favorite is finally here lets goo
Nov 19, 2022 11:58 AM
Mar 2015
Isagi managed to energize the one person who could tie the match by making him stop giving up on himself and soccer
Nov 19, 2022 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
lol the animation and direction of this episode is so mid the manga presentation did it better for sure

but anyway great for Chigiri to overcome his psychological issue with his leg and ACL Tear is not career ending with modern medicine anymore but ye it will just shorten your career

and Nagi and Reo are finally here
Nov 19, 2022 12:01 PM
Dec 2019
this episode had me screaming it was so cool. saito soma outdid it with chigir’s voice in this and it really had my heart racing throughout the whole thing.
Nov 19, 2022 12:06 PM

Aug 2020
2/5

Average episode yet again. The Chigiri shine was okay but too predictable and somehow the action direction was even more abysmal than the previous episodes

Kuon's character had promise but it seems that there is no further development there. The two twins were annoying throughout, glad that they're off the picture now. Isagi had some few moments but Chigiri was the highlight this episode. He's an interesting one sure but his motivations & resolve exemplify the same old tropes we've seen countless times already in this genre already. The Chigiri sequence was flagged with too many stills and little to no flair in the animation department which made the scene more flat than cathartic. The action direction still remains my major gripe with the show so far and my hopes are dwindling by the episode

New characters were introduced so we'll see what happens in the next game but i have to be honest, im not as excited as I was 3 or 4 weeks ago
2Birds1StonedNov 19, 2022 4:47 PM
Nov 19, 2022 12:09 PM

Jul 2022
YES SOMEBODY BEAT KUONS DUMB WORTHLESS @SS IM SO HAPPY BUT HE DESERVED MUCH MORE F*CK YOU ISAGI
Also Chigiri is officially my favourite as of now, love the design, the character of his, backstory, and I can also kinda relate on leg injury f*cking up the way you see yourself and your life, so it was super satisfactory to see what he'd done. Also others calling him miss Chigiri, that's it, that's my type baby that's my type or whatever Saweetie said it thats song
Nov 19, 2022 12:09 PM

Dec 2018
okay episode. i kind of feel for chigiri. i was an athelete that also had a right acl tear. i can maybe run up to 20mph almost, used to be easy peasy but if i try to run these days my knee will swell up and lock. two surgeries and physical therapy and nothing has helped. so my days of track and baseball are over.
Nov 19, 2022 12:13 PM

Mar 2017
CHIGIRI BEST GIRL NO CAP :")
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Nov 19, 2022 12:13 PM

Apr 2015
Yeeee Chigiri, the MVP of this episode!! Shout out to Iemon too though, the first goalkeeper to actually block a shot in this show lol. Love the OST and the way they animated Chigiri breaking out of his chains. Other parts could've been animated better, but good enough.

And Team V members are finally introduced!! Nagi sounds just like how I imagined, but the other VAs are spot on too. Super excited for the Team Z vs. Team V match.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Nov 19, 2022 12:15 PM

Sep 2020
AddaeAkono said:
Hell Yeah!!! Chigiri finally sprung into action after realizing that he has nothing left to lose and has scored the final goal to tie things up despite Kuon's betrayal. Now Team Z can live to fight another day against Team V

The World Cup is finally here although its still odd to have it in November instead of the Summer. Go Team USA!!!
Nah USA ain't winning shit. They do have some decent players tho

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 19, 2022 12:18 PM

Aug 2022
Stark700 said:
Team Z definitely fighting against the odds this episode and it's both a physical and mental game on both sides.

Chigiri displayed the most emotions and we got to see more of his past. It seems Team Z blew a lead but honestly, here was so much ego on that field that it was inevitable. Chigiri played his heart out and the music in those scenes were amazing.

Team Z princess carry
Nov 19, 2022 12:20 PM

Sep 2020
I was cackling like a hyena when Isagi just shoved Chigiri to the floor like that. Great episode as usual. Idk why Kuon would think that Team V need any favors especially when they've plowed through their competition so far. Isagi is confident but the harsh reality is that they're definitely going to be outplayed by Team V. They managed to draw with 10 men against Team W but that style of play is not very sustainable. I can't remember if Kuon played against Team V or not. I guess we'll see next week or I'll just find out from the manga.

Also, Team X got fucked with no vaseline. Team V are ruthless ngl. Team Y managed to win a match??? I guess they beat Team W or Team X. Can't remember.
samsince04Nov 19, 2022 12:24 PM

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 19, 2022 12:25 PM
May 2021
Whew!! I hope Chigiri is going to be in the starting lineup against Germany, his pace would be really useful
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Nov 19, 2022 12:27 PM
Jan 2019
Chigiri went full Mbappe lol
Nov 19, 2022 12:29 PM
Jul 2021
I’m so happy I got to see this scene animated bro, I love chigiri so much he’s my fav

REO AND NAGI!! LETS GOOOOO also I can’t get over how cringe isagis’s “don’t underestimate soccer” is, I totally get it if you’d drop blue lock bc of that
Nov 19, 2022 1:04 PM

Apr 2018
Chigiri's the match MVP. Also, Nagi finally got on screen.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 19, 2022 1:06 PM

Mar 2020
I do get the appeal of this episode, with Chigiri popping off, but still, painfully predictable. The Chigiri backstory was probably the highlight of the episode, but still, it wasn't too enjoyable. Seeing Kuon suffer was honestly a little hilarious, now he has no place to go.

Team Z vs. Team V will be the last match, and the fate of the players rests on this last match. Hopefully there are some good twists.
Nov 19, 2022 1:17 PM
Feb 2021
Wow ! He was really fast it's incredible and the match against the Team V will certainly be interesting.
Nov 19, 2022 1:22 PM
Mar 2022
I get the whole kuon backstabbing his team to give himself a guarantee of survival but what I want to know is what gave him the idea it would be clever to try and attempt the exact same thing again with the next team 😂
Nov 19, 2022 1:31 PM
Jul 2021
I still don't get it, I know it's anime but Kuon betraying Team Z seems like a really bad concept.

Instead of that Kuon: Gives them false information, scores 3 goals and then betrays the brothers in the match and team Z have the lead.

They win that game, he's top scorer, his rank goes up, the team has more points and they basically guarantee survival.

Would set up as Kuon as a snake regardless and Team Z would have to be on their toes to see if he really betrays them.

Chigiri bit was cool though but some of the running animation is kinda wonky.
Nov 19, 2022 1:44 PM

Apr 2018
phantomfandom said:
Blue Lock best scene is always, and will always be a scene in a locker room with half-naked and full-naked players.

player** let's give bachira the credit he deserves for apparently going around full monty at every possible opportunity lmao
Nov 19, 2022 1:51 PM
May 2022
IDK why people are busy spilling and giving out spoilers like literally giving everything that happened in the episode, people are just supposed to say what they enjoyed about the episode, Like I enjoyed the comeback, and Chigiri scoring a Bale-esque goal and seeing a portion of Team V
Nov 19, 2022 1:57 PM

Sep 2020
YondaimeJG said:
I still don't get it, I know it's anime but Kuon betraying Team Z seems like a really bad concept.

Instead of that Kuon: Gives them false information, scores 3 goals and then betrays the brothers in the match and team Z have the lead.

They win that game, he's top scorer, his rank goes up, the team has more points and they basically guarantee survival.
No team Z isn't guaranteed survival with that plan. They would have 6 points going against Team V, an opponent that no team has managed to beat so there would be a high chance that they'll lose. Team X and Team W, both teams with a similar number of points as Team Z have easier matches in comparison.

You failed to factor in the fact that goal difference could also come into play. I'm not saying Kuon's plan was smart but it made sense for him to go the "highest goalscorer" route and completely abandon his team.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 19, 2022 2:00 PM
Jul 2021
samsince04 said:
YondaimeJG said:

No team Z isn't guaranteed survival with that plan. They would have 6 points going against Team V, an opponent that no team has managed to beat so there would be a high chance that they'll lose. Team X and Team W, both teams with a similar number of points as Team Z have easier matches in comparison.

You failed to factor in the fact that goal difference could also come into play. I'm not saying Kuon's plan was smart but it made sense for him to go the "highest goalscorer" route and completely abandon his team.

Regardless of the outcome of the other matches, he would have the 3 goals. We already saw he was trying to betray them once more so the next match would be played out normally, but now his teammates don't trust him and he's in a position of not being given the ball.

After all that's said and done, he would still be the top scorer and Team Z would have more points. That's why the writing for this situation leaves confused as there were other more logical ways to set him up as a traitor.
Nov 19, 2022 2:16 PM

Aug 2017
Ok Chigiri. I see you.

This was his moment to shine.

The rehabilitation with his right leg ACL tear really hit hard for me. I almost feel bad for the guy.
Mans just wanted to run and out speed errbody. He lives for the rush and adrenaline.

But it's nice to see Chigiri get ramped up and score a goal for the team. He ran like Usain Bolt sheeesh.

Nov 19, 2022 2:24 PM
Dec 2020
YondaimeJG said:
samsince04 said:

Regardless of the outcome of the other matches, he would have the 3 goals. We already saw he was trying to betray them once more so the next match would be played out normally, but now his teammates don't trust him and he's in a position of not being given the ball.

After all that's said and done, he would still be the top scorer and Team Z would have more points. That's why the writing for this situation leaves confused as there were other more logical ways to set him up as a traitor.

Theres also a possibility that either kunigami, isagi, and gin score 2 goals and also become the top scorer.... Even though its not likely, it's still very possible. It's safer to betray your team than risk losing as one and losing your top scoring position.
Nov 19, 2022 3:20 PM

Jun 2016
A banger episode with the highlight will always be the moment Chigiri burst into life and ran
Gift by Mimurona

Nov 19, 2022 3:55 PM
Oct 2022
YondaimeJG said:

Would set up as Kuon as a snake regardless and Team Z would have to be on their toes to see if he really betrays them.

Chigiri bit was cool though but some of the running animation is kinda wonky.

They dont guarantee survival lmao. Team W is slated to fight team Y next and team W is more favourable to win. If they do they both have 6 points and team V is the favourite to win against Z. Team W will win the tiebreaker due to goal differential thanks to team X dumpstering team Z first game. Thats the math behind kuon's actions. Its easier to just make team Z lose while being top scorer than risk someone else like kunigami scoring 3 more goals and beating him
Nov 19, 2022 4:24 PM

Dec 2019
Gotta make em' stand out somehow I guess, these sillywilly goofy characters so funny, one is flabbergasted about Bachira's cock, one wants to commit manslaughter on pitch, other is an athlete who's too lazy to chew on food
Nov 19, 2022 4:26 PM
Jul 2016
Gotta love how hyped Chigiri got me
Nov 19, 2022 4:38 PM
Aug 2021
best episode so far, same intensive experience I had back then reading the Manga
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

337 by PowerMadness »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tatsunami - Jan 21, 2023

170 by Fafutis »»
Apr 15, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

136 by stupidmongo »»
Apr 11, 10:30 AM

» Blue Lock collaboration with efootball !!!

HinduHabibi - Mar 22

10 by GeorgeIXVI »»
Mar 23, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

303 by kiwikags »»
Mar 21, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.