Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 18, 2022 7:31 PM

Mar 2021
Many people in Asia and here consider to be one of the worst gundam series ever made. The high mal scores were pretty bs in the end since kits got shifted in favour of the older shows. It is probably a disgrace how this is scored more highly than 79 or zeta.

Let's not joke ourselves that the show is practically irrelevant in the plamo community.

But why do so many people on social media urge this as the best gundam series when people are well aware that it flopped heavily in season 2. Plot progression is slower than the older shows, mechs are just muv liv ripoffs, a lot of pointless subplots like biscuit never to be revisited, it heavily emphasized polygamy, it lacked an engaging plot with twists, your favourite characters got a horrible treatment with no build ip.
Nov 18, 2022 8:32 PM
Oct 2020
Most people who watch IBO have not seen mainline Gundam.

I think that’s the disconnect
Nov 18, 2022 9:59 PM
Jun 2021
icefirestone23 said:
Many people in Asia and here consider to be one of the worst gundam series ever made. The high mal scores were pretty bs in the end since kits got shifted in favour of the older shows. It is probably a disgrace how this is scored more highly than 79 or zeta.

Let's not joke ourselves that the show is practically irrelevant in the plamo community.

But why do so many people on social media urge this as the best gundam series when people are well aware that it flopped heavily in season 2. Plot progression is slower than the older shows, mechs are just muv liv ripoffs, a lot of pointless subplots like biscuit never to be revisited, it heavily emphasized polygamy, it lacked an engaging plot with twists, your favourite characters got a horrible treatment with no build ip.

Im finishing season 2 of this right now and am using this to try and get into Gundam, so I don’t see any problem. The story is basic I’ll give you that, but its done so well I don’t mind. I’m sure as a hardcore fan you didn’t like it, but its a good show on its own so I’ve enjoyed it to start
Nov 18, 2022 10:46 PM
Jul 2022
Even with the issues it had I still enjoyed the heck out of it. I didnt expect it to get me into gundam as much as I am now. Since completing it on Netflix back in January, I've watched gundam seed both seasons (even though the 2nd season is drastically worse than the 1st), gundam 00, the origin series, build fighters, thunderbolt, Hathaway, mercury witch rn, gundam wing, 0083, 8th MS team (just completed today 7 or 8/10), gundam UC, and December sky. It's also rated so high from how well it's received over here in the US. That's just my thoughts tho
Nov 19, 2022 2:06 AM

Mar 2021
Sagepool said:
icefirestone23 said:

Im finishing season 2 of this right now and am using this to try and get into Gundam, so I don’t see any problem. The story is basic I’ll give you that, but its done so well I don’t mind. I’m sure as a hardcore fan you didn’t like it, but its a good show on its own so I’ve enjoyed it to start

Excusing this show to buy toys isn't a very good excuse to why this show is good. That is like implying the pokemon animes are far better than the top animes now when even their own fans admit they are trash filled with repetitive filler.
Nov 19, 2022 3:20 AM

Jun 2016
It killed a lot of characters and some people really like that.
>but gundam has been killing half its cast since the first one
Indeed strawgreentext. Maybe it's lack of experience with series like Zeta and Victory.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 19, 2022 5:27 AM

Mar 2021
Theo1899 said:
It killed a lot of characters and some people really like that.
>but gundam has been killing half its cast since the first one
Indeed strawgreentext. Maybe it's lack of experience with series like Zeta and Victory.

IBO killed like its entire cast. A lot of it was heavily forced to try to make shock factor like Orga, Lafter.
Nov 19, 2022 5:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
icefirestone23 said:
Many people in Asia and here consider to be one of the worst gundam series ever made

I live in Asia and I've never heard someone hating this show or saying this is worst Gundam, irl or online,

you're the first one I've ever seen who hates this show so much.
Hating a show is fine, but no need to make up stuffs you know

icefirestone23 said:
people are well aware that it flopped heavily in season 2

which people seriously lol? Do you just count yourself alone as "people", it's really funny you're trying to make up things, just say that this show is bad in your opinion without making up stuffs xD

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 19, 2022 5:41 AM

Mar 2019
Why are you trying to make fan reception speak for your own opinions. The content of the show doesn't really matter for the sales of the plastic models. I wonder why people care about the popularity of shows so much, like if you liked it you liked it why does anything else matter.

The reason why people recommend this series is because it's the most accessible series, the average new fan has only seen this show and doesn't bother to watch any of the shows with older animation. Nothing particularly wrong with that to be honest. All of the entries have their own respective fans, who say that their favorite entry x, is the best. Just like you pointed out 79 and Zeta, some people like IBO and hate these respective entries. The world is full of people who don't share the exact same opinion, and they aren't in the wrong for having different opinions from your own.

Also the show flopping isn't all that particularly important for the sake of your argument, if what you're saying is that sales make the best series, maybe you should change your priorities. Yet I wonder if this argument of the show flopping holds any truth at all. Pacing isn't a universally objective concept, it is entirely subjective, like literally any of the other points you bring up. You also mention polygamy alone like it's a bad thing, like it's supposed to be some sort of shock point. I wonder how the depiction of polygamy in this series is so controversial to some fans, is it so weird that three people would all love each other equally? The lack of Engaging plot twists are again, surprise surprise an entirely subjective opinion.

Some people like this show, that's why they defend it, some people who don't like this show go out of their way to create threads about it. What a truly Strange world. Maybe stop pushing false narratives, for the sake of it.

Edit: You were making this exact same tired point with G Witch earlier, are you going to keep making threads about Gundam shows you don't deem to be "real" Gundam. Why don't you go talk about something creative, like about how Gundam Wing is about space French revolution.
KumiveneellaNov 19, 2022 6:00 AM
Nov 19, 2022 5:42 AM

Oct 2015
Like Theo mentioned, for some whatever reason, people likes major characters getting killed in the end. You can see tons of people praising Lelouch Of The Rebellion, Attack On Titan, etc.

They are not really exposed to UC Gundam.

In the Witch From Mercury episode 6 reactions, you notice a lot of new Gundam fans shocked by how dark Gundam is. Most UC Gundam fans like myself is already numb to characters getting killed off thanks to Tomino.

EDIT: I dislike Wing, SEED, AGE more than IBO. And Wing and SEED are insanely popular. Well, I am in the minority that likes G and X more than Wing, SEED, 00, IBO.
The Gundam community is very diverse, if you ask them what is their favourite Gundam anime, the reaction will be hilarious, you will receive replies from CCA to X Turn A to G-Reco. That is how diverse the Gundam community is. My favourite is Turn A and G-Reco. Turn A is popular in the Gundam community but G-Reco is very controversial because a lot of experience with Tomino directing is required to fully understand the plot.
NewestPersonHereNov 19, 2022 5:48 AM
Nov 19, 2022 7:37 AM

Mar 2021
Rinrinka said:

I live in Asia and I've never heard someone hating this show or saying this is worst Gundam, irl or online.

which people seriously lol? Do you just count yourself alone as "people", it's really funny you're trying to make up things, just say that this show is bad in your opinion without making up stuffs xD

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/e1bzp4/ibo_is_the_most_unpopular_gundam_series_in_japan/

If the show was actually well received in asia, why has sunrise gave it like 1 mg and practically abandoned this show for kits. Meaning IBO has less mgs than victory gundam. The blu ray sales for s2 suffered a catastrophic drop of almost 50% which is unusually large for a sunrise gundam show. Needless to say nothing from s2 has gotten a mg.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A33miTSU1NHdVO7F8kMT68wgkM6uW8YThKPEsDvLKsc/edit?urp=gmail_link#gid=0
Nov 19, 2022 7:50 AM

Mar 2021
Kumiveneella said:
Why are you trying to make fan reception speak for your own opinions. The content of the show doesn't really matter for the sales of the plastic models. I wonder why people care about the popularity of shows so much, like if you liked it you liked it why does anything else matter.

The reason why people recommend this series is because it's the most accessible series, the average new fan has only seen this show and doesn't bother to watch any of the shows with older animation. Nothing particularly wrong with that to be honest. All of the entries have their own respective fans, who say that their favorite entry x, is the best. Just like you pointed out 79 and Zeta, some people like IBO and hate these respective entries. The world is full of people who don't share the exact same opinion, and they aren't in the wrong for having different opinions from your own.

Also the show flopping isn't all that particularly important for the sake of your argument, if what you're saying is that sales make the best series, maybe you should change your priorities. Yet I wonder if this argument of the show flopping holds any truth at all. Pacing isn't a universally objective concept, it is entirely subjective, like literally any of the other points you bring up. You also mention polygamy alone like it's a bad thing, like it's supposed to be some sort of shock point. I wonder how the depiction of polygamy in this series is so controversial to some fans, is it so weird that three people would all love each other equally? The lack of Engaging plot twists are again, surprise surprise an entirely subjective opinion.

A lot of gundam kits have already started to go on clearance outside Japan. IBO regularly gets shafted for non hgs for the other shows.

Yugioh sells a ton of cards and pokemon sells a ton of video games. But yugioh fans agree almost every show after 5ds is worthless and pokemon fans think most of their anime is just fillerish garbage. The funny thing is a lot of ibo and uc fans poke fun at Gundam Wing and SEED for just selling toys, but are afraid to admit any criticism for their favourite show.

But Naze and Orga's harems are quite unrealistic though if not borderline reviled. The harems shown in ibo typically are actual polygamy where a man has multiple wives/lovers and tries to father children. Even women living in countries where polygamy hate it. Yet it is a central plot element of the story. It is different from best girl wins.

The funny thing in social media, any criticism of this series is met with uproar, but people are allowed to hate on the older shows despite them being objectively better and was received better. I am actually surprised how fast people came on this thread to defend this show.
Nov 19, 2022 8:25 AM

Mar 2019
icefirestone23 said:
Kumiveneella said:

A lot of gundam kits have already started to go on clearance outside Japan. IBO regularly gets shafted for non hgs for the other shows.

Yugioh sells a ton of cards and pokemon sells a ton of video games. But yugioh fans agree almost every show after 5ds is worthless and pokemon fans think most of their anime is just fillerish garbage. The funny thing is a lot of ibo and uc fans poke fun at Gundam Wing and SEED for just selling toys, but are afraid to admit any criticism for their favourite show.

But Naze and Orga's harems are quite unrealistic though if not borderline reviled. The harems shown in ibo typically are actual polygamy where a man has multiple wives/lovers and tries to father children. Even women living in countries where polygamy hate it. Yet it is a central plot element of the story. It is different from best girl wins.

The funny thing in social media, any criticism of this series is met with uproar, but people are allowed to hate on the older shows despite them being objectively better and was received better. I am actually surprised how fast people came on this thread to defend this show.

Again the sales of the kits are completely meaningless. You just bring these numbers up in order to make some sort of imaginary illusion of objectivity.

I don't know why you bring up Pokemon when the main draw of the ip is the games, the anime is basically an afterthought. Gunpla came after the original Gundam series aired. And YU-GI-OH is based on a manga, so of course the quality of the original anime sequels wouldn't consistently be on the same level as the original. I'm sure there are people who like 5D and the pokemon anime as well, there is no such thing as an objective fan opinion, even if these opinions are particularly popular. At this point both YUGIOH and Pokemon anime are adverts for the cards and games, I would hardly compare Gundam as a franchise to these. Or are you perhaps trying to say that you only watch Gundam for the plastic models. I think this to be an unfair comparison.

I have yet to see anyone make fun of Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed for selling toys, because that would be completely hypocritical, they make plastic models out of every entry in the series. I think that Gundam Wing is a well written series, this opinion isn't however shared by most fans, the same I can't say of Seed though.

Again why is it that you take issue with polygamy being present, yeah I don't like Naze's harem either, but the way you put this just makes it seem like you are mad that you can't self insert or something. Yet I do think that the main relationship is done well enough, because it doesn't center solely around the main character. Yet again bringing polygamy up as a plot element is completely meaningless what is your point exactly? What might you be trying to insinuate?

"The best girl wins" element is only particularly prelevant in Seed, so I wonder why you would bring this up as a relevant plot point which all Gundam series are built upon.
. The only series that you could even call a straightforward romance series is G Gundam.

I am not defending the show, I do not particularly like the show all that much. I wonder why you can't realize that there is nothing such as an objective opinion about a show. You thinking that 79 and Zeta Gundam are objectively better is a subjective opinion. You ever consider that people pointing out that you are incorrect isn't defending a show. I personally like UC Gundam maybe the most out of the Gundam entries, yet I have no need to try to prove that it is superior than other entries.

KumiveneellaNov 19, 2022 8:32 AM
Nov 20, 2022 1:55 AM

Sep 2017
Cuz it’s good as hell the Storyline, Animation.. I almost shed a tear..
Nov 20, 2022 3:36 AM

Jan 2021
Its actually an good show, I cba to write an whole book as to why.
Nov 20, 2022 7:26 AM

Mar 2021
Kumiveneella said:

Again the sales of the kits are completely meaningless. You just bring these numbers up in order to make some sort of imaginary illusion of objectivity.

I don't know why you bring up Pokemon when the main draw of the ip is the games, the anime is basically an afterthought. Gunpla came after the original Gundam series aired. And YU-GI-OH is based on a manga, so of course the quality of the original anime sequels wouldn't consistently be on the same level as the original. I'm sure there are people who like 5D and the pokemon anime as well, there is no such thing as an objective fan opinion, even if these opinions are particularly popular. At this point both YUGIOH and Pokemon anime are adverts for the cards and games, I would hardly compare Gundam as a franchise to these. Or are you perhaps trying to say that you only watch Gundam for the plastic models. I think this to be an unfair comparison.

I have yet to see anyone make fun of Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed for selling toys, because that would be completely hypocritical, they make plastic models out of every entry in the series. I think that Gundam Wing is a well written series, this opinion isn't however shared by most fans, the same I can't say of Seed though.

Again why is it that you take issue with polygamy being present, yeah I don't like Naze's harem either, but the way you put this just makes it seem like you are mad that you can't self insert or something. Yet I do think that the main relationship is done well enough, because it doesn't center solely around the main character. Yet again bringing polygamy up as a plot element is completely meaningless what is your point exactly? What might you be trying to insinuate?

"The best girl wins" element is only particularly prelevant in Seed, so I wonder why you would bring this up as a relevant plot point which all Gundam series are built upon.
. The only series that you could even call a straightforward romance series is G Gundam.

I am not defending the show, I do not particularly like the show all that much. I wonder why you can't realize that there is nothing such as an objective opinion about a show. You thinking that 79 and Zeta Gundam are objectively better is a subjective opinion. You ever consider that people pointing out that you are incorrect isn't defending a show. I personally like UC Gundam maybe the most out of the Gundam entries, yet I have no need to try to prove that it is superior than other entries.

You are wrong, GX and 5ds are considered better than the original yugioh. The original yugioh hasn't aged well due to needing to stick and drag out the manga and add bs rules. Many anime cards didn't even come out until like a decade later. A lot of yugioh cards and decks are not even in the anime like sky striker. Those are largely just meant for competitive play. So in a way yugioh, pokemon are really not that different from Gundam where they are bloated franchises made to promote a product that isn't a ln or manga.

majority of the pokemon anime is considered trash even by long time pokemon fans. The people just watching it now or buying the cards are just little kids. Even at a local game store, people fawning over pokemon are largely kids.

Only the original was based off a manga. Everything after was basically an original series. Zexal was awful. Arc-V was only good for half the show, Vrains was alright. Sevens and the show after is straight up garbage. Since yugioh basically stopped airing on tv after vrains, no one really watches yugioh in the west anymore. So audience is largely millennials who collect legacy decks like heroes, cyber dragons, blackwings etc. Vanguard anime also is considered pretty bad by a lot of players, at least the newer ones after the reboot.

Pokemon is like an infinitely more profitable franchise than Gundam. Yugioh has much larger activity as well with YCS championships. So if you are just taking in gross and activity, yugioh and pokemon basically towers over Gundam.

Gundam fans themselves hate 90% of their own shows. Only 79 and Zeta are considered to be legimately good because very few gundam fans actually hate on it, and they are the predecessors. Gundam fandom is non-existent outside Japan, and Japan themselves dislike every gundam AU outside Seed. 00 is unwatchable after season 1. IBO had one of the worst endings possible, with writing worse than GOT season 8. So it is not even haters who just dropped the show early or midway. But over half the people who stayed. If you go to the crunchyroll comments for the last ibo episdoe, half of the people were shitting on the ending and the show.

It is just the first gundam series for many people here which is why people so advently defend it. Yet we people calling it a masterpiece. New fans just don't want to admit their anime is not as good as prior ones. Same way people are trying to push every new show above Naruto and Bleach. When 00 came out, people started shitting on wing and seed. When ibo came out, people started shitting on 00, wing, seed.

There is a reason no one int the west cares about Pokemon, Yugioh, Cardfight Vanguard, Gundam anymore because they are seen too much as adverts and just meant to shill for toys, cards, and video games. So objectively a ton of the gundam franchise isn't good just like pokemon, yugioh, vanguard. After War and Turn A are flops that are not even streamable and barely have kits. Those are just for the hardcore gundam watchers. So it is pointless to say Gundam is the Star Wars of Japan since it is certainly not making top box office money.
Nov 20, 2022 9:13 AM

Mar 2019
icefirestone23 said:
Kumiveneella said:

You are wrong, GX and 5ds are considered better than the original yugioh. The original yugioh hasn't aged well due to needing to stick and drag out the manga and add bs rules. Many anime cards didn't even come out until like a decade later. A lot of yugioh cards and decks are not even in the anime like sky striker. Those are largely just meant for competitive play. So in a way yugioh, pokemon are really not that different from Gundam where they are bloated franchises made to promote a product that isn't a ln or manga.

majority of the pokemon anime is considered trash even by long time pokemon fans. The people just watching it now or buying the cards are just little kids. Even at a local game store, people fawning over pokemon are largely kids.

Only the original was based off a manga. Everything after was basically an original series. Zexal was awful. Arc-V was only good for half the show, Vrains was alright. Sevens and the show after is straight up garbage. Since yugioh basically stopped airing on tv after vrains, no one really watches yugioh in the west anymore. So audience is largely millennials who collect legacy decks like heroes, cyber dragons, blackwings etc. Vanguard anime also is considered pretty bad by a lot of players, at least the newer ones after the reboot.

Pokemon is like an infinitely more profitable franchise than Gundam. Yugioh has much larger activity as well with YCS championships. So if you are just taking in gross and activity, yugioh and pokemon basically towers over Gundam.

Gundam fans themselves hate 90% of their own shows. Only 79 and Zeta are considered to be legimately good because very few gundam fans actually hate on it, and they are the predecessors. Gundam fandom is non-existent outside Japan, and Japan themselves dislike every gundam AU outside Seed. 00 is unwatchable after season 1. IBO had one of the worst endings possible, with writing worse than GOT season 8. So it is not even haters who just dropped the show early or midway. But over half the people who stayed. If you go to the crunchyroll comments for the last ibo episdoe, half of the people were shitting on the ending and the show.

It is just the first gundam series for many people here which is why people so advently defend it. Yet we people calling it a masterpiece. New fans just don't want to admit their anime is not as good as prior ones. Same way people are trying to push every new show above Naruto and Bleach. When 00 came out, people started shitting on wing and seed. When ibo came out, people started shitting on 00, wing, seed.

There is a reason no one int the west cares about Pokemon, Yugioh, Cardfight Vanguard, Gundam anymore because they are seen too much as adverts and just meant to shill for toys, cards, and video games. So objectively a ton of the gundam franchise isn't good just like pokemon, yugioh, vanguard. After War and Turn A are flops that are not even streamable and barely have kits. Those are just for the hardcore gundam watchers. So it is pointless to say Gundam is the Star Wars of Japan since it is certainly not making top box office money.

Oh I read the YUGIOH point wrong, sorry. However I think it to be useless for you to bring up any points about popularity, what exactly is your point, nobody ever argued that Gundam was as popular as Yugioh or Pokemon in the west, because it simply isn't. I do not care about the popularity of the shows anyone can search up numbers and bring them up like they are meaningful descriptors of a shows quality. The popularity means absolutely nothing, popularity doesn't give an objective mark of greatness. I would call this comparison meaningless because the cards and games have actual meaning to the anime, the plastic models don't, they are merely plastic models of mobile suits, the mobile suits are expressively designed in order for them to appear in the show. They don't create new cards or new pokemon just so that they can appear in the anime. The Gundam anime is the main thing, a comparable franchise would be precure.

Also what's your point about Gundam fans hating 90% of the shows. You would hardly find anyone who one who only likes 79 and Zeta, and you saying that very fans hate on them is completely baseless, you're making generalizations. The popular consensus does not matter it doesn't make a show bad or good, it has no meaning if a majority of people hate a show it still doesn't make the quality of that show an objective fact. Also you saying that IBO had the worst ending possible is just your opinion, there are plenty of fans who liked the ending. Also where do you base your points about the Japanese fan opinions, like Japan hating every AU? IBO was popular enough to get a mobile game, solely based on it, 00 is getting a new movie, I wouldn't really call that the series being unliked. 00 being unwatchable after the first season is merely your opinion yet you state it like it is some kind of fact. How do you not get the fact that literally all of these opinions about show are just that opinions, is it really that unbearable to see people like series that you don't.

So you literally knew why people like IBO, do you not realize the the fans of Naruto and Bleach are doing the same thing, of calling shows masterpieces entirely subjectively because they have opinions. Of course there are people who don't like certain series that's natural. When IBO came out the UC fans didn't like it, when 00 came out the UC fans didn't like it, when Seed came out the UC fans didn't like it. Of course people like the AU series they wouldn't make them otherwise, even Gundam SD is liked enough to consistently get new releases.

Might you bring up anything other than tired consumer number rhetoric. Nobody ever called Gundam the star Wars of Japan, Battle Ship Yamato is the Star Wars of Japan. Why even bring up Star Wars in the first place.

KumiveneellaNov 20, 2022 9:21 AM
Nov 20, 2022 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not listening Gundam SEED Destiny's fans

You say Victory has more MG than IBO. You know the Barbatos came 3 years after its series, where Victory waited 18 years to have its first MG.
Nov 20, 2022 1:30 PM
Apr 2017
Another caveman redditor spotted, did we even watch the same show?
Nov 20, 2022 3:43 PM

Mar 2021
OtakouMiroir said:

You say Victory has more MG than IBO. You know the Barbatos came 3 years after its series, where Victory waited 18 years to have its first MG.

Must be salty that Wing and seed gets more kits than IBO and 00.
Nov 20, 2022 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
icefirestone23 said:
OtakouMiroir said:

Must be salty that Wing and seed gets more kits than IBO and 00.

I don't care + I have kits from all series bruh
Nov 20, 2022 4:02 PM

Mar 2021
Kumiveneella said:

Oh I read the YUGIOH point wrong, sorry. However I think it to be useless for you to bring up any points about popularity, what exactly is your point, nobody ever argued that Gundam was as popular as Yugioh or Pokemon in the west, because it simply isn't. I do not care about the popularity of the shows anyone can search up numbers and bring them up like they are meaningful descriptors of a shows quality. The popularity means absolutely nothing, popularity doesn't give an objective mark of greatness. I would call this comparison meaningless because the cards and games have actual meaning to the anime, the plastic models don't, they are merely plastic models of mobile suits, the mobile suits are expressively designed in order for them to appear in the show. They don't create new cards or new pokemon just so that they can appear in the anime. The Gundam anime is the main thing, a comparable franchise would be precure.

Also what's your point about Gundam fans hating 90% of the shows. You would hardly find anyone who one who only likes 79 and Zeta, and you saying that very fans hate on them is completely baseless, you're making generalizations. The popular consensus does not matter it doesn't make a show bad or good, it has no meaning if a majority of people hate a show it still doesn't make the quality of that show an objective fact. Also you saying that IBO had the worst ending possible is just your opinion, there are plenty of fans who liked the ending. Also where do you base your points about the Japanese fan opinions, like Japan hating every AU? IBO was popular enough to get a mobile game, solely based on it, 00 is getting a new movie, I wouldn't really call that the series being unliked. 00 being unwatchable after the first season is merely your opinion yet you state it like it is some kind of fact. How do you not get the fact that literally all of these opinions about show are just that opinions, is it really that unbearable to see people like series that you don't.

So you literally knew why people like IBO, do you not realize the the fans of Naruto and Bleach are doing the same thing, of calling shows masterpieces entirely subjectively because they have opinions. Of course there are people who don't like certain series that's natural. When IBO came out the UC fans didn't like it, when 00 came out the UC fans didn't like it, when Seed came out the UC fans didn't like it. Of course people like the AU series they wouldn't make them otherwise, even Gundam SD is liked enough to consistently get new releases.

Might you bring up anything other than tired consumer number rhetoric. Nobody ever called Gundam the star Wars of Japan, Battle Ship Yamato is the Star Wars of Japan. Why even bring up Star Wars in the first place.

As someone who has been in the gacha community for years, that game is dead on arrival. It doesn't even have like 100K twitter followers and bandai shuts down their games at an alarming rate.

I don't get why you are trying to say the gundam anime is the main thing, when yugioh is largely no different where the anime comes first and cards are later made. FYI ibo fans, yugioh is getting more scaled figures than IBO is.

Basically all you are saying is that ibo fans are just salty that older shows get more love from sunrise especially when it comes to kits. If people are trying to hide this much backlash and constantly shit on the other shows, their show is probably really that bad.

Spaceship battle yamato is not the star wars of japan. Star Wars of Japan would probably be something like One Piece, or Dragon Ball.

Point is simply made. Show did poorly. A lot of people criticise it and think it is bad. Yet people treat this like it has berserk levels of writing. A lot of the dialogue came as incredibly cringe, especially due to the polygamy. Japan and the west largely doesn't care a bout it anymore. The ibo fanbase is so insecure to any criticism on the show, they have to hate on other well received gundam shows. Then they have to proclaim ibo has pokemon levels of merchandise sales when most gunpla merchandise is carried by the other shows. Their fandom is probably the most annoying anime fandom right now constantly spamming r/anime and other social media about this show, far more than Chainsaw Man. They have gotten into beef with even the 86 and evangelion fandoms.

Same thing whenever a new shonen comes out, trending thing to elevate that show is to hate on the previous one.
icefirestone23Nov 20, 2022 4:43 PM
Nov 20, 2022 5:03 PM

Mar 2019
icefirestone23 said:
Kumiveneella said:

As someone who has been in the gacha community for years, that game is dead on arrival. It doesn't even have like 100K twitter followers and bandai shuts down their games at an alarming rate.

I don't get why you are trying to say the gundam anime is the main thing, when yugioh is largely no different where the anime comes first and cards are later made. FYI ibo fans, yugioh is getting more scaled figures than IBO is.

Basically all you are saying is that ibo fans are just salty that older shows get more love from sunrise especially when it comes to kits. If people are trying to hide this much backlash and constantly shit on the other shows, their show is probably really that bad.

Spaceship battle yamato is not the star wars of japan. Star Wars of Japan would probably be something like One Piece, or Dragon Ball.

Point is simply made. Show did poorly. A lot of people criticise it and think it is bad. Yet people treat this like it has berserk levels of writing. A lot of the dialogue came as incredibly cringe, especially due to the polygamy. Japan and the west largely doesn't care a bout it anymore. The ibo fanbase is so insecure to any criticism on the show, they have to hate on other well received gundam shows. Then they have to proclaim ibo has pokemon levels of merchandise sales when most gunpla merchandise is carried by the other shows. Their fandom is probably the most annoying anime fandom right now constantly spamming r/anime and other social media about this show, far more than Chainsaw Man. They have gotten into beef with even the 86 and evangelion fandoms.

I never said the game would be a success, merely questioned why they would make it in the first place if the series was so poorly received, in Japan. Although they make multimedia entries out of all AU content.

If you are so convinced on having all of the answers already, why even make this thread. Again sales of merchandise are completely meaningless, why even bring up Yugioh or Pokemon in the first place when this was a discussion about Gundam. You know I'm pretty sure the fans that say that IBO is the best series have little interest in the kits anyway.

You're basically doing the same thing as these fans you complain about, you bring up show popularity in order to feign objectivity. A show selling more doesn't matter, it doesn't make the writing any better, people are entitled to their own opinions.

The reason why I bring up Battleship Yamato is because, it is the contemporary sci-fi equivalent to Star Wars in Japan, this isn't about Star Wars being popular. Although The Battle Ship Yamato movie even did so well that it outsold the Japanese release of Star Wars in theaters.

Why complain about IBO fans complaining. Any of your points regarding IBO alleged failure in Japan aren't really based on any concrete information either. Your opinion about how good the show is doesn't really matter, IBO is an AU entry no one expected it solely to outsell Pokemon in Japan. Gundam makes about 10% out of all Bandai's yearly income, it doesn't really matter which entry makes the most. Unless you want to make superficial points. I'm nitpicking but, the kits are Bandai's thing anyway, a subsidiary like Sunrise get's no say. At this point I think you care more about Bandai, Konami and Nintendo than the shows.

Did you make this topic only to discuss points about fandom numbers and behaviour speculation. The show being cringe in your opinion is again completely meaningless. If fandom opinions matter to you that much I don't really know if you have any right to call the IBO fans insecure. I'm no superfan of IBO myself, but I don't think that superficially comparing it to Wing, Seed and other Gundam shows really achieves anything. Why do you only ever bring up the more popular entries, is there a threshold of popularity they need to achieve to be on your radar. It's not really a competition, I don't agree with any fans denoting other shows in order to feign shows as superior.

However nonetheless you are entitled to your opinion, yet I personally don't see it as a very good one.
KumiveneellaNov 20, 2022 5:08 PM
Nov 20, 2022 5:48 PM

Mar 2021
Kumiveneella said:

I never said the game would be a success, merely questioned why they would make it in the first place if the series was so poorly received, in Japan. Although they make multimedia entries out of all AU content.

If you are so convinced on having all of the answers already, why even make this thread. Again sales of merchandise are completely meaningless, why even bring up Yugioh or Pokemon in the first place when this was a discussion about Gundam. You know I'm pretty sure the fans that say that IBO is the best series have little interest in the kits anyway.

You're basically doing the same thing as these fans you complain about, you bring up show popularity in order to feign objectivity. A show selling more doesn't matter, it doesn't make the writing any better, people are entitled to their own opinions.

The reason why I bring up Battleship Yamato is because, it is the contemporary sci-fi equivalent to Star Wars in Japan, this isn't about Star Wars being popular. Although The Battle Ship Yamato movie even did so well that it outsold the Japanese release of Star Wars in theaters.

Why complain about IBO fans complaining. Any of your points regarding IBO alleged failure in Japan aren't really based on any concrete information either. Your opinion about how good the show is doesn't really matter, IBO is an AU entry no one expected it solely to outsell Pokemon in Japan. Gundam makes about 10% out of all Bandai's yearly income, it doesn't really matter which entry makes the most. Unless you want to make superficial points. I'm nitpicking but, the kits are Bandai's thing anyway, a subsidiary like Sunrise get's no say. At this point I think you care more about Bandai, Konami and Nintendo than the shows.

Did you make this topic only to discuss points about fandom numbers and behaviour speculation. The show being cringe in your opinion is again completely meaningless. If fandom opinions matter to you that much I don't really know if you have any right to call the IBO fans insecure. I'm no superfan of IBO myself, but I don't think that superficially comparing it to Wing, Seed and other Gundam shows really achieves anything. Why do you only ever bring up the more popular entries, is there a threshold of popularity they need to achieve to be on your radar. It's not really a competition, I don't agree with any fans denoting other shows in order to feign shows as superior.

However nonetheless you are entitled to your opinion, yet I personally don't see it as a very good one.

IF the only defense about your show is the supposed "toy" sales as well as just shitting on other shows, that is textbook defintion of being a bad show. It is like how MTG players diverted attention from their card game for years by hating on its competitors ultimately for the game to implode

You are not bringing up sound arguments to criticism. Just mentioning toy sales for the franchise a whole. If the show legimtately did bad and was panned, and all the fandom does is just complain about other shows, and be super obnoxious on social media about the show but not mentioning one good thing about the show, the show is objectively trash.

Berserk is not the best selling manga of all time. But they are very few criticism of the show, and it can spark active discussion about the themes. IBO does not do that. How does make IBO have good writing? IF even IBO fans cannot mention the good writing the show has.

This is serious copium from model kit buyers I am seeing.
Nov 20, 2022 6:04 PM

Mar 2019
icefirestone23 said:
F the only defense about your show is the supposed "toy" sales as well as just shitting on other shows, that is textbook defintion of being a bad show. It is like how MTG players diverted attention from their card game for years by hating on its competitors ultimately for the game to implode

You are not bringing up sound arguments to criticism. Just mentioning toy sales for the franchise a whole. If the show legimtately did bad and was panned, and all the fandom does is just complain about other shows, and be super obnoxious on social media about the show but not mentioning one good thing about the show, the show is objectively trash.

Berserk is not the best selling manga of all time. But they are very few criticism of the show, and it can spark active discussion about the themes. IBO does not do that. How does make IBO have good writing? IF even IBO fans cannot mention the good writing the show has.

This is serious copium from model kit buyers I am seeing.

I don't really know if a vocal fanbase is a good judge of a shows character, the most vocal Berserk fans only ever talk about the dark scenes and make the same 3 memes, yet I don't see anyone hating them for it. I am merely pointing out how flawed this sort of circular reasoning of, "fans have bad opinions=show objectively bad" and "sales bad=show objectively bad" is.
Nov 20, 2022 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Rends pas fou frérot on a compris que t'aimais trop dire de la merde lâche ça
Nov 20, 2022 7:09 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Their enjoyment of the show isn't tied to what people in Asia thought about it. It's that simple.
Nov 20, 2022 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
Critical opinion doesn't proceed from plain sales figures, how could that ever confuse you?

I always wondered about the lack of good plamo for this series. You're on point there.
Nov 21, 2022 12:28 AM
Jan 2022
OtakouMiroir said:
Rends pas fou frérot on a compris que t'aimais trop dire de la merde lâche ça

Alors là, j'ai jamais vu aussi réel, mes compliments au chef
Jan 14, 2023 8:37 AM

Feb 2016
Kumiveneella said:
Why don't you go talk about something creative, like about how Gundam Wing is about space French revolution.
I thought it was Victory that was space French revolution?

Kumiveneella said:
The only series that you could even call a straightforward romance series is G Gundam.
You forgot X.
その目だれの目?
Jan 14, 2023 8:43 AM

Mar 2019
Lucifrost said:
Kumiveneella said:
Why don't you go talk about something creative, like about how Gundam Wing is about space French revolution.
I thought it was Victory that was space French revolution?

Kumiveneella said:
The only series that you could even call a straightforward romance series is G Gundam.
You forgot X.
I don't know if you've seen the series but, if you think about it the mechanical dolls are the guillotines and there's also like the revolution itself. But yeah there's the literal guillotine in Victory, I can't believe I didn't remember the laser guillotine, no it wasn't a laser guillotine was it?, F91 had laser flags though. Victory the machine to stop the guillotine.

I mean yeah X counts as well. Kind of forgor.
KumiveneellaJan 14, 2023 9:00 AM
Jan 15, 2023 5:53 PM

Aug 2014
people in asia have the objective final say on gundam?
this was my first gundam series, it was great fun and I'm checking out the page rn because I might see more gundam.
stop being a dick.
Feb 8, 2023 11:04 AM

Feb 2021
What an angry thread lol. You have the people who enjoyed it casually typing why they enjoyed it and then there is that one guy who is... THAT guy.
HOW DARE YOU ENJOY THIS?! >:(
Typical MAL user I guess lol

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

84 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.