Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 2, 2022 4:43 PM

Offline
Dec 2020
1047
SteamedPlague said:
Am I signed up now? What next?

I don't think you're supposed to send that here though.
Dec 2, 2022 4:46 PM

Offline
Jul 2016
232
nanajp said:
SteamedPlague said:
Am I signed up now? What next?

I don't think you're supposed to send that here though.
Yeah, I know. I already posted in the other thread, not that I’ve gotten a response yet.
Penguins are funny
Dec 2, 2022 4:46 PM

Offline
Dec 2020
1047
Hello! I have a question regarding sending gifts to others. Are we supposed to send our gifts by commenting on their profiles or will we be sending our gifts via Google Forms? I'm sorry if this has been said in this forums already!
Dec 2, 2022 4:51 PM

Offline
Jun 2010
5098
nanajp said:
Hello! I have a question regarding sending gifts to others. Are we supposed to send our gifts by commenting on their profiles or will we be sending our gifts via Google Forms? I'm sorry if this has been said in this forums already!

Since it is Secret Santa, you cannot send your gift directly to your recipient. Please, use the Google form the elves will send you with your recipient's name later.
The elves will collect it and forward it to your recipient. After the big reveal, feel free to contact both your Santa and recipient though!
Dec 2, 2022 6:14 PM

Offline
Dec 2016
148
SteamedPlague said:
nanajp said:

I don't think you're supposed to send that here though.
Yeah, I know. I already posted in the other thread, not that I’ve gotten a response yet.


It takes a couple of days to receive the elves' confirmation DM. Mine took about 5 days.


There’s nothing special about being born. Not a thing.
Most of the universe is just death, nothing more.
In this universe of ours,
the birth of a new life on some corner of our planet
is nothing but a tiny, insignificant flash.
Death is a normal thing. So why live?
Dec 2, 2022 9:16 PM
Offline
Apr 2020
2
rubiadesiempre said:
mntlela said:
❅Min-Max length: anything that's under 50 chapters
❅Likes: mystery,seinen,adventure,slice of life,psychological
...


You need to post in this topic → MAL Secret Santa 2022: Manga Edition - Sign Up! for you to be signed up, this is not the correct topic.



Thank you!!
Dec 3, 2022 3:24 AM
Offline
Nov 2021
2
I would like to help as an anime elf!
Dec 3, 2022 3:33 AM
Offline
Apr 2020
3
I would like to volunteer as an elf!
Dec 3, 2022 8:55 AM
Offline
Jun 2022
1
Goooo
Dec 3, 2022 9:32 AM
Offline
Nov 2016
3
Huh, sounds nice to me. Christmas aways brings great things.
Dec 3, 2022 3:36 PM

Offline
Oct 2021
11
Where do I go to ask a question about the event? I can't find any place to do so


𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞 𝙙𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚. 𝙞𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙨, 𝙩𝙤𝙤. 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙮.

𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙖
Dec 3, 2022 3:38 PM

Offline
Dec 2016
6
It's time to draw!

See Ya guys ❤
Dec 3, 2022 4:26 PM
Offline
Nov 2022
1
Position number 13 is in ranking
Dec 3, 2022 8:46 PM
Offline
Aug 2020
2
I'd like to volunteer as a elf (preferably in the image-ing sector)
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Dec 3, 2022 9:58 PM

Offline
May 2014
248
It's my first time in this event so I'm looking forward to it! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ I hope my partner won't be too hard on me before and after the reveal ಥ_ಥ. Happy christmas everyone!
Dec 3, 2022 10:30 PM
Offline
Jul 2022
1
I'm first time participating in this event😉😉
Dec 4, 2022 1:30 AM
Offline
May 2020
3
I would like to receive a personalized gift to from Rent-A-Girlfriend
Dec 4, 2022 1:38 AM
Offline
May 2020
3
FiestaOnline said:
im not sure i understand i can recommend a anime/manga and make a personalized anime imagen on photoshop to another user but how do the admins know i did so and award me the badged? 😩 i feel dumb for not understanding
me to I did not understood what to do yet? plus time is less

Dec 4, 2022 8:27 AM

Offline
Dec 2016
148
FiestaOnline said:
im not sure i understand i can recommend a anime/manga and make a personalized anime imagen on photoshop to another user but how do the admins know i did so and award me the badged? 😩 i feel dumb for not understanding


kitasondipro said:
FiestaOnline said:
im not sure i understand i can recommend a anime/manga and make a personalized anime imagen on photoshop to another user but how do the admins know i did so and award me the badged? 😩 i feel dumb for not understanding
me to I did not understood what to do yet? plus time is less



Hi guys! Essentially, you should first sign up in the correct thread, and a couple of days later, you will receive your confirmation link via DM.
Then, around December 10th, you'll receive a DM with the user you should prepare your gift for, but as it's secret Santa, you will not send the gift directly to them. The elves will be in charge of delivering the presents, so they will know you earned the badge.
Or something along those lines.




There’s nothing special about being born. Not a thing.
Most of the universe is just death, nothing more.
In this universe of ours,
the birth of a new life on some corner of our planet
is nothing but a tiny, insignificant flash.
Death is a normal thing. So why live?
Dec 4, 2022 12:40 PM

Offline
Jul 2020
5
first time participating, badge is so cute :D

Dec 4, 2022 4:04 PM
Offline
Oct 2022
3
It's December right?? Christmas Must Be Peace 🌲🌲🌲🌲
Dec 5, 2022 3:03 AM
Offline
Nov 2018
110
Dang it, I was using app so much I missed it completely this year. It sucks, but I'll be back next time!
Dec 5, 2022 3:42 AM

Offline
Jan 2021
32
Is there a way to communicate with other santas/elves like last year through discord?
If anyone is wondering, we had a special role and channel there
Dec 5, 2022 11:36 AM

Offline
Nov 2013
3554
always love secret santas, thanks to the staff and elf volunteers for running it!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 5, 2022 5:15 PM

Offline
Oct 2021
18
Hello,

I would like to volunteer for "Santa's Workshop Needs Elves".
I have completed 121 animes and I have a generous amount of free time.
Of the five tasks mentioned, I should be able to complete tasks 2 and 3.

I tried joining the linked discord group but it said something about there being an issue with the verification system.

Please let me know how I can help.
-Sunny_Dec 5, 2022 5:25 PM
My Main Candies:



My Bonus Candies:
Dec 6, 2022 10:02 PM

Offline
Aug 2018
7
Nooo i was too late for this :(
My MALoween 2022 candy:
Dec 7, 2022 5:59 AM
Offline
Apr 2019
12
fudge, I've completely lost the sense of time and missed it...... still though, if stuff needs help with making presents - I volunteer
Dec 8, 2022 11:17 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Offline
Aug 2007
5954
If someone signed up for Anime Edition and confirmed with the "Anything you need to tell us?" question filled out with:
Hope you have a good day! ^^
exactly, please PM me. You forgot to enter your username T_T

Please only PM me if you're sure that was your message!
Dec 9, 2022 3:05 AM

Offline
Apr 2020
137
How do I know that if I am in the event idk if I filled the conformation form before deadline
Dec 10, 2022 3:20 PM

Offline
May 2021
1329
When secret santa start?? 🎄
Dec 10, 2022 11:01 PM
Offline
Jul 2016
7
Question. I signed up and filled out my requests for the Anime and Manga Secret Santas on November 25, but forgot to do the confirmation that was due on December 6. Was the confirmation just the act of signing up or did I truly miss the chance to join this year? Thank you
Dec 11, 2022 5:28 AM

Offline
Jan 2021
28
daritoo4 said:
Question. I signed up and filled out my requests for the Anime and Manga Secret Santas on November 25, but forgot to do the confirmation that was due on December 6. Was the confirmation just the act of signing up or did I truly miss the chance to join this year? Thank you

Yes my friend, you've missed the chance. Better luck next time❄️
Merry Christmas🦌

Dec 11, 2022 10:02 AM

Offline
Nov 2021
69
any updates? I just want to make sure i have turned in my google form correctly. thank you!
MainBonus
Dec 11, 2022 11:04 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Offline
Aug 2007
5954
daritoo4 said:
Question. I signed up and filled out my requests for the Anime and Manga Secret Santas on November 25, but forgot to do the confirmation that was due on December 6. Was the confirmation just the act of signing up or did I truly miss the chance to join this year? Thank you
We ask people to confirm because about 10% of people never do and we would have to make all of those gifts ourselves orz. Unfortunately, your anime tier is 100% matched so it's not possible add you in. However, you'll still get your elf gift for manga :)

shekeypoo said:
any updates? I just want to make sure i have turned in my google form correctly. thank you!
You confirmed correctly, don't worry! We will send everyone their match as soon we're done arranging the list. Since we try to make sure every Santa has something to recommend to their recipient which meets their requests, it's kind of like a massive jigsaw puzzle...
Dec 11, 2022 12:03 PM

Offline
Oct 2014
55
I confirmed on the 7th... I hope I can still participate? :(
Dec 11, 2022 2:25 PM
Offline
Nov 2022
13
Kineta said:
daritoo4 said:
Question. I signed up and filled out my requests for the Anime and Manga Secret Santas on November 25, but forgot to do the confirmation that was due on December 6. Was the confirmation just the act of signing up or did I truly miss the chance to join this year? Thank you
We ask people to confirm because about 10% of people never do and we would have to make all of those gifts ourselves orz. Unfortunately, your anime tier is 100% matched so it's not possible add you in. However, you'll still get your elf gift for manga :)

shekeypoo said:
any updates? I just want to make sure i have turned in my google form correctly. thank you!
You confirmed correctly, don't worry! We will send everyone their match as soon we're done arranging the list. Since we try to make sure every Santa has something to recommend to their recipient which meets their requests, it's kind of like a massive jigsaw puzzle...
did u sent or are u still preparing it im little curious about that i did wrong or right
Dec 11, 2022 8:26 PM

Offline
Nov 2021
69
Kineta said:
daritoo4 said:
Question. I signed up and filled out my requests for the Anime and Manga Secret Santas on November 25, but forgot to do the confirmation that was due on December 6. Was the confirmation just the act of signing up or did I truly miss the chance to join this year? Thank you
We ask people to confirm because about 10% of people never do and we would have to make all of those gifts ourselves orz. Unfortunately, your anime tier is 100% matched so it's not possible add you in. However, you'll still get your elf gift for manga :)

shekeypoo said:
any updates? I just want to make sure i have turned in my google form correctly. thank you!
You confirmed correctly, don't worry! We will send everyone their match as soon we're done arranging the list. Since we try to make sure every Santa has something to recommend to their recipient which meets their requests, it's kind of like a massive jigsaw puzzle...


No rush! thank you for hosting the event for us!
MainBonus
Dec 12, 2022 2:36 AM
Offline
May 2022
8
How are we informed our secret santas? Is it in the dms or somewhere else? Just want to make sure I'm not mistaking something cause I've got no updates.
Dec 12, 2022 3:15 AM
Offline
Oct 2014
9
For some reason I got no email notification of Elf-hime's message this year, even though my email notification settings haven't changed, and missed the confirmation deadline.
Guess there's no hope left, not happy about my 6-year streak breaking.
Dec 12, 2022 3:30 AM
Offline
Nov 2014
5
TheSanjibanSinha said:
How are we informed our secret santas? Is it in the dms or somewhere else? Just want to make sure I'm not mistaking something cause I've got no updates.


Probably through notification or more likely through our DM. The elfs are busy pairing santas and receivers and we will most likely be informed in the MAX next two days, possibly today/tommorow


ChocoCravingHobo said:
For some reason I got no email notification of Elf-hime's message this year, even though my email notification settings haven't changed, and missed the confirmation deadline.
Guess there's no hope left, not happy about my 6-year streak breaking.


You should have received a DM from an elf for confirmation if you registered before 4.12 and confirmed before 6.12. If you didn't register before the deadline then i guess you will not participate this year, my apologies.
Dec 12, 2022 3:34 AM
Offline
Oct 2014
9
Kreacija said:
ChocoCravingHobo said:
For some reason I got no email notification of Elf-hime's message this year, even though my email notification settings haven't changed, and missed the confirmation deadline.
Guess there's no hope left, not happy about my 6-year streak breaking.


You should have received a DM from an elf for confirmation if you registered before 4.12 and confirmed before 6.12. If you didn't register before the deadline then i guess you will not participate this year, my apologies.

I got the DM, but I didn't get the usual email notification for it, so I didn't see it.
This quote gave me an email, so I don't know why it skipped out on giving me one for the DM.
Dec 12, 2022 3:42 AM

Offline
Jan 2021
81
Kineta said:
daritoo4 said:
Question. I signed up and filled out my requests for the Anime and Manga Secret Santas on November 25, but forgot to do the confirmation that was due on December 6. Was the confirmation just the act of signing up or did I truly miss the chance to join this year? Thank you
We ask people to confirm because about 10% of people never do and we would have to make all of those gifts ourselves orz. Unfortunately, your anime tier is 100% matched so it's not possible add you in. However, you'll still get your elf gift for manga :)

shekeypoo said:
any updates? I just want to make sure i have turned in my google form correctly. thank you!
You confirmed correctly, don't worry! We will send everyone their match as soon we're done arranging the list. Since we try to make sure every Santa has something to recommend to their recipient which meets their requests, it's kind of like a massive jigsaw puzzle...


ah i thought you guys ald sent it and i didnt get the message from the elf, sorry and thank you for hosting the event!! hope there will be an announcement when the recepient list has been sent
Dec 12, 2022 4:18 AM
Offline
Mar 2022
23
Hi! I'm in the same boat, confirmed before 12/06, but I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong on the form, or if I was all set to receive someone to make a gift for?

Also I still do not understand how to submit a gift and to whom or where?
Dec 12, 2022 4:56 AM

Offline
Oct 2018
222
Cl1mberc4t1 said:
Hi! I'm in the same boat, confirmed before 12/06, but I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong on the form, or if I was all set to receive someone to make a gift for?

Also I still do not understand how to submit a gift and to whom or where?

They'll send you a DM explaining how to send your gift and who your recipient is. They're still busy matching people so nobody has gotten DMs yet. If you filled out the confirmation form I would assume you're good.
Dec 12, 2022 10:42 AM

Offline
Jan 2022
11
i confirmed exactly on 6.12, i wonder if i have done this right, bc i still not received my secret santa (?) i know that there a lot of participation and this got some time do develop names to everyone, still, my anxiety kill me sometimes haha
Dec 12, 2022 2:38 PM

Offline
Jun 2020
49
hancore said:
i confirmed exactly on 6.12, i wonder if i have done this right, bc i still not received my secret santa (?) i know that there a lot of participation and this got some time do develop names to everyone, still, my anxiety kill me sometimes haha
Same haha I can't remember when I confirmed, but I'm scared that I was late too
Dec 12, 2022 4:00 PM

Offline
Jan 2021
2182
Same here, I haven't gotten my names for the people I will gift for Secret Santa



I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Dec 12, 2022 4:05 PM
Offline
Mar 2022
23
crazymario said:
Cl1mberc4t1 said:
Hi! I'm in the same boat, confirmed before 12/06, but I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong on the form, or if I was all set to receive someone to make a gift for?

Also I still do not understand how to submit a gift and to whom or where?

They'll send you a DM explaining how to send your gift and who your recipient is. They're still busy matching people so nobody has gotten DMs yet. If you filled out the confirmation form I would assume you're good.

thank you! I appreciate the response!
Dec 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Offline
Jan 2022
11
EixodosAnimes said:
hancore said:
i confirmed exactly on 6.12, i wonder if i have done this right, bc i still not received my secret santa (?) i know that there a lot of participation and this got some time do develop names to everyone, still, my anxiety kill me sometimes haha


Eu também. Quando chegar a mensagem no seu correio me avisa :)


opa pode deixar que eu aviso sim (:
Dec 12, 2022 7:03 PM

Offline
Jan 2022
11
-AnimeLife- said:
hancore said:
i confirmed exactly on 6.12, i wonder if i have done this right, bc i still not received my secret santa (?) i know that there a lot of participation and this got some time do develop names to everyone, still, my anxiety kill me sometimes haha
Same haha I can't remember when I confirmed, but I'm scared that I was late too


lets hope that we both can participate haha
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ode to MALentine 💌 2nd Edition ( 1 2 )

Kineta - Feb 2

58 by kiizato »»
1 hour ago

» Feb~Mar Challenges & About Me Themes Are Here! 🍀🍫 ( 1 2 )

Kineta - Feb 2

58 by Groyu »»
3 hours ago

» Review System Updates ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Aug 1, 2022

406 by vizhmaster_vizhu »»
Today, 6:05 AM

» Happy New Year & 2022 Wrap-Up!

Kineta - Jan 6

29 by tenie0 »»
Today, 4:52 AM

» You Should Read This Manga 2023: Nominate! ( 1 2 )

Kineta - Jan 29

70 by CQLLIST »»
Feb 5, 7:51 PM