Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2022 3:20 AM

Sep 2015
I need help.

I am interested in watching this series but there's no clear order of everything. There are also loads of versions like fate/stay or fate/zero.

In what order do I watch these? Please help!

"But... no
matter how much
he cried...
...he was
ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ, ᴜᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ
𝕒 𝕝 𝕠 𝕟 𝕖."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2022 3:25 AM

Jun 2016
Fate/stay night (2006 > Unlimited Blade Works > Heavens feel) > Fate/Zero
The order is irelevant for the rest of the franchise.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 14, 2022 3:28 AM
Jul 2021
Fate/Zero (2011) > Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works > Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Heaven's Feel Movie Trilogy
LightzterNov 14, 2022 3:31 AM
Nov 14, 2022 3:31 AM

Nov 2021
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2044765
Watch it in this way ⬇️
2006 - UBW - HF - ZERO

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Nov 14, 2022 3:32 AM

Aug 2020
Don't watch Fate/Zero first.
Despite it being a prequel, it's actually just a spinoff aimed at an audience that's already familiar with the story and cast of Stay Night and even the author of FZ says so.
The order I'd recommend is:

Fate/Stay Night 2006
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV
Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel
Fate/Zero

Would also recommend watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies (small series of short movies) alongside it.
Nov 14, 2022 3:32 AM

Apr 2022
Lightzter said:
Fate/Zero (2011) > Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works > Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Heaven's Feel Movie Trilogy

yeah this is chronological order.
Nov 14, 2022 3:36 AM

Aug 2022
Lightzter said:

This is the correct order for the main series. Everything else are spin-offs that you don't really need to watch in any particular order. @gxreprincess
Nov 14, 2022 3:45 AM
Jun 2022
don't watch zero at first cause you'll get spoiled about a lot of shit that is intended to be a sort of a plot twist in heaven's feel, and besides that it's also extremely complicated as it throws a bunch of info about holy grail and other plot points at your head in such a short time extent. Fate stay night 2006, while isn't the ideal route, I personally think it's the best way for someone to get introduced to the franchise as it slowly explains everything you would need to know about fate, as opposed to zero.
People die if they are killed.

- A wise man
Nov 14, 2022 3:51 AM
Jul 2021
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

I am interested in watching this series but there's no clear order of everything. There are also loads of versions like fate/stay or fate/zero.

UR Using MyAnimeList. Check Sequel and Prequel Idiot!
Nov 14, 2022 4:04 AM
Jul 2021
just watch it in the release order
https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Fate_series
Nov 14, 2022 4:33 AM
Aug 2017
follow the order in which each came out easiest way
Nov 14, 2022 4:45 AM

Jan 2021
ZaNDAcRoSS69 said:
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

UR Using MyAnimeList. Check Sequel and Prequel Idiot!

the chronological order is not a good one
Read the visual novel nerd
Nov 14, 2022 4:48 AM
May 2021
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

Watch fate/zero first then the rest of the seasons.
Nov 14, 2022 4:49 AM
Apr 2020
KingOfMAL said:
Dont listen to anyone...

Go to my profil n go to my Interest Stacks

If u listen to anyone else u will get spoiled 100%

FATE/ZERO contains Spoilers which makes UBW & HF reta##ed

fate/zero is where it all began so what exactly does it spoil?
Nov 14, 2022 5:00 AM

Jan 2021
X-DEADSHOT-X said:
KingOfMAL said:
Dont listen to anyone...

Go to my profil n go to my Interest Stacks

If u listen to anyone else u will get spoiled 100%

FATE/ZERO contains Spoilers which makes UBW & HF reta##ed

its a prequel not the very first fate work
fate/stay night came out first, and zero was built to explain things for fsn
Nov 14, 2022 5:05 AM
Apr 2020
salad_farded said:
X-DEADSHOT-X said:

exactly...
imagine someone saying don't watch the season 1 of this show cause it spoils season 2
Nov 14, 2022 5:06 AM

Jan 2021
X-DEADSHOT-X said:
salad_farded said:

exactly...
imagine someone saying don't watch the season 1 of this show cause it spoils season 2

that aint how it works
zero isnt season 1, its a different series
Nov 14, 2022 5:10 AM
Apr 2020
salad_farded said:
X-DEADSHOT-X said:

exactly...

that aint how it works
zero isnt season 1, its a different series

I know I was just saying that as an example
Nov 14, 2022 5:58 AM

Mar 2021
Fate StayNight 2006
Unlimited Blade Works (2cour)
Heavens Feel (3 movies)
Fate Zero (2cour)

The others u can watch them as u like they're
Nov 14, 2022 6:01 AM
Feb 2022
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

Fate/Zero (2 Seasons) -> Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks (2 Seasons By Ufotable). It's better to just ignore the 2006 Fate Stay/Night Series by Studio Deen, the story is good, but the animation is kinda below average. U may opt to ignore it, if you want a shorter journey. However, if u want to watch it then watch it after Fate/Zero, and after completing Fate Stay/Night by Deen watch Fate UBW. Finally watch the Heaven's Feel Movie Triology to finish off the main series.

P.S. Some people might suggest you to watch Stay/Night first before Zero, but imo, the above route that I gave is the best one since Zero is a prequel to all the 3 different Stay/Night routes and must be watched first.
Nov 14, 2022 6:07 AM
Dec 2021
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

Fate/Zero (if you wanna experience Fate/Stay Night, read the Visual Novel)
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel Trilogy
Nov 14, 2022 6:32 AM
Aug 2021
everyone will give you a different answer, but personally I did Fate/Zero into UBW into everything else and it worked for me
Nov 14, 2022 6:32 AM

Mar 2020
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

Read the vn.
If you don't have the time watch the adaptations of the vn (Fate/Stay Night, Unlimited Blade Works and then Heavens Feel in that order).
After that watch or read Fate/Zero and read Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (the prequel and sequel to Fate/Stay Night respectively)
Everything else can be watched in any order with the exception of sequels to other spin offs (pretty obvious like don't watch Illya 2 before Illya 1)

Nov 14, 2022 6:58 AM
Mar 2021
Here is everything and order to watch it

"Main Story"
I. Fate/Stay Night (dont watch this shit)
II. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
III. Fate/Stay Night: Heaven’s Feel (movie trilogy)
IV. Fate Zero (Yes watch this after)
V. The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II
VI. Fate/Apocrypha

"Alternative/Future Universes"
VII. Fate/Prototype
VIII. Fate/EXTRA Last Encore
IX. Today’s Menu for the Emiya Family

"Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya"
X. Fate Kaleid/Liner Prisma Illya
XI. Fate Kaleid/Liner Prisma Illya 2wei!
XII. Fate Kaleid/Liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz!
XIII. Fate Kaleid/Liner Prisma Illya Vow in the Snows
IXV. Fate Kaleid/Liner Prisma Illya 3rei!!
XV. Fate Kaleid/Liner Prisma Illya Licht – The Nameless Girl

"Fate/Grand Order"
XVI. Fate/Grand Order -First Order-
XVII. Fate/Grand Order – Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia
XVIII. Fate/Grand Order – Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot, Part 1
IXX. Fate/Grand Order Final Singularity – Grand Temple of Time: Solomon
XX. Fate/Grand Order – Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot, Part 2

"Kara No Kyuokai"
I. Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei
II. Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Koustsu (Part 1)
III. Kara no Kyoukai 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu
IV. Kara no Kyoukai 4: Garan no Dou
V. Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen
VI. Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon
VII. Kara no Kyoukai Remix: Gate of the Seventh Heaven
VIII. Kara no Kyoukai 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 2)
IX. Kara no Kyoukai: Epilogue
X. Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin + Extra Chorus

"Mahoutsukai no Yoru"
I. Witch on the Holy Night
Nov 14, 2022 7:06 AM
Jan 2021
tbh just watch fate zero. the rest is a waste of time.
Nov 14, 2022 7:12 AM

Dec 2018
Only watch Prisma Illya, the rest is filler
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Nov 14, 2022 7:41 AM
Jun 2021
bro just start with zero and then go to ubw, if you are really interested then you can go back to the og s/n and just go wild with the rest. do not listen to these people saying do not watch zero first, it isnt nearly as complicated as those people make it out to be. just watch fate zero, if you enjoyed that then you can watch ubw. you would get like 90 percent of the fate knowledge and not be lost with just these 2
Nov 14, 2022 7:42 AM
Jun 2021
Im_Stuff said:

I agree, only good fate series
Nov 14, 2022 7:53 AM

Jan 2021
titodacat said:
Im_Stuff said:

I agree, only good fate series

anime wise its trash
manga is peak tho
Nov 14, 2022 8:07 AM
Sep 2022
ardaljebeli said:
tbh just watch fate zero. the rest is a waste of time.

That guy were clearly asking for Fate SERIES. Not Fate/Zero. Also Fate/Zero contain the Nasuverse lores only about 0.2%. I'm pretty sure that if you want to know the universe more deeply, you'll read, watch and immerse yourself into the whole contents feasted upon your eyes, not being picky about which is good or bad and saying "oH, onLy fAte/zEro iS gOod, tHe rEst iS trAsh". That's like the equivalent of saying Avengers: Endgame is trash but without watching the previous MCU movies ( which Fate follows in formula, except there's no endgame stuffs ).
Nov 14, 2022 8:07 AM

Jan 2021
the problem with the fate watch order is that it was released in a weird way and adapted stupidly
all three fsn route adaptations suffer in being mediocre to actual garbage, but still kind of work as fun viewing experiences.
also the big reason people tell you to read the vn
zero was made as a prequel to be consumed after all 3 fsn routes
so its always better to either go vn then zero
or go anime fsn (all 3 routes) then zero
Nov 14, 2022 8:09 AM
Sep 2022
salad_farded said:
the problem with the fate watch order is that it was released in a weird way and adapted stupidly
all three fsn route adaptations suffer in being mediocre to actual garbage, but still kind of work as fun viewing experiences.

If ufotable focuses on the story and characters in F/SN instead of pure eye-candies, I wouldn't rank F/SN anime adaptations as one of the lowest. Honestly Cloverworks's Babylonia and Solomon is far better than ufotable's works.
Nov 14, 2022 8:12 AM

Jan 2021
Code-Valhalla said:
salad_farded said:

If ufotable focuses on the story and characters in F/SN instead of pure eye-candies, I wouldn't rank F/SN anime adaptations as one of the lowest. Honestly Cloverworks's Babylonia and Solomon is far better than ufotable's works.

cloverworks doing fsn and focusing on the story like their fgo adaptations would be the best thing ever
Nov 14, 2022 9:51 AM
Sep 2022
there is no right or wrong way to watch the fate series, there will always be people giving you different watch orders. i watched fate/stay night (2006) thinking that it would benefit when all it did was make the ending of fate/zero less satisfying. personally i would suggest watching fate/zero first. (you also don’t have to waste your time reading the VN if you’re not into that)

TLDR: the watch order doesn’t matter, watch whichever one you want. it’s all connected anyway.
Nov 14, 2022 9:52 AM
Mar 2021
i watched zero first and it seems logical this eay, don't care about any spoiling but I liked it this way too
Nov 14, 2022 10:13 AM

Jan 2021
simmich429 said:
there is no right or wrong way to watch the fate series, there will always be people giving you different watch orders. i watched fate/stay night (2006) thinking that it would benefit when all it did was make the ending of fate/zero less satisfying. personally i would suggest watching fate/zero first. (you also don’t have to waste your time reading the VN if you’re not into that)

TLDR: the watch order doesn’t matter, watch whichever one you want. it’s all connected anyway.

vn isnt a waste of time,
the anime tell you 30% of the lore while the vn tells you almost everything with some things answered in other stories
but yeah if you dont wanna read then go with the anime
Nov 14, 2022 10:40 AM
May 2019
Fate Zero first. Fate Stay Night’s anime is hindered without the context of Zero. To everyone saying Zero spoils, they all spoil lmao.
Nov 14, 2022 10:53 AM
Sep 2022
salad_farded said:
simmich429 said:

vn isnt a waste of time,
the anime tell you 30% of the lore while the vn tells you almost everything with some things answered in other stories

i said don’t waste your time because it’s not the end all be all if someone decides not to read it. not a lot of people have 100+ hours to spend on a VN
Nov 14, 2022 10:55 AM

Jan 2021
simmich429 said:
salad_farded said:

vn isnt a waste of time,

i said don’t waste your time because it’s not the end all be all if someone decides not to read it. not a lot of people have 100+ hours to spend on a VN

its 60 not 100+ but yeah i understand what you mean now
Nov 14, 2022 12:03 PM
Sep 2022
I think you start with Steins;Gate episode 22B
Nov 14, 2022 1:29 PM
Oct 2021
Tyraq said:
Despite it being a prequel, it's actually just a spinoff aimed at an audience that's already familiar with the story and cast of Stay Night and even the author of FZ says so.

Fate/Stay Night 2006
Fate/Zero

Would also recommend watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies (small series of short movies) alongside it.

PLEASE NEVER START WITH FATE 2006 IT CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE
Nov 14, 2022 2:04 PM
Oct 2021
Best and Cannon order is as follows;

Fate UBW (2014)
Fate Heavens Feel Trilogy
Fate Zero
Any other fate content

Chronological order spoils many major plot twists. The reason this is such a debate is because there is no true to source material adaption of the First part of Fate Stay Night.

If you want the best telling of the story please read the Fate Stay Night visual novel. It has fantastic voice acting, music, and makes the main character 100000% better since you can read his thoughts and understated his character development.
Nov 14, 2022 5:03 PM
Sep 2020
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

Fate/Zero can be the first one or the last one, but If you don't know shit about Fate, watch it first, cuz the first 2 episodes explain about what Fate's about

Fate Stay Night (2006) Is pretty bad, and i would only recommend you watch this, If you wanna to complete the four main fate anime

Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Fate Heaven's Feel

That's the order.
Nov 14, 2022 7:42 PM

Jan 2021
WraFh said:
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

Fate/Zero can be the first one or the last one, but If you don't know shit about Fate, watch it first, cuz the first 2 episodes explain about what Fate's about

Fate Stay Night (2006) Is pretty bad, and i would only recommend you watch this, If you wanna to complete the four main fate anime

Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Fate Heaven's Feel

That's the order.

the first 2 episodes also spoil half of stay night
Nov 15, 2022 2:14 AM
Jun 2014
Theo1899 said:

That's it. Thank you. Other fans say different and it doesn't make sense. The studio gave you the order same way the visual novel did. Saber, Rin, Sakura. Cut and dry. My favorite is Illya's unofficial route though lol. Prisma Illya ❤️✨️
Nov 15, 2022 8:56 AM
Nov 2019
Theo1899 said:

this order is right
who said zero first is a clown, dont listen to them
Nov 15, 2022 10:57 AM
Feb 2021
Tyraq said:

Fate/Stay Night 2006
Fate/Zero

nah zero before heavens feel
Nov 15, 2022 11:35 AM

Jan 2017
GxrePrincess said:

As usual , almost everyone spit an order without explaining it.

So the Fate/Series is originally a Visual Novel with 3 Routes (Scenarios) that you must play in a specific order : Fate > UBW > HF. (The game locks you into it anyway) They got respectively adapted as Fate 2006 , UBW S1 & 2 , HF Trilogy of Movies.

2 years after the VN got released , another author got the permission to write a Light Novel (Fate/Zero) about the father of the protagonist of the main series , using the flashbacks given in it and filling the numerous blanks.
It must be read after the main series , as it use almost all keypoints from the 3 scenarios. (The VN is a slow-burn mystery , so reading this Prequel first just spoils you on everything.)
It then got adapted into 2 Seasons of Anime in 2011.

The problem is that as 99% of Visual Novel adaptations , the 2006 Anime adapted the original Route while adding a few stuffs from the other ones , making it... not that good.
In 2007 , Ufotable did a huge impression with their adaptations of Kara no Kyoukai (Another work of the author of Fate) , and got the rights for an adaptation of Zero , which was really popular at that time.
With the buzz of Zero , they then got the rights for a complete adaptation of the 2 "unadapted" Routes of the original VN.

So starting Fate in Anime format is basically a Pick your poison.
- The "not really good" 2006 Anime. (I personally recommend that)
- The "middle of the story" UBW Anime.
- The "i want to get spoiled on everything" Zero Anime.
(Watching HF first makes no sense , and no one would ever say to do that anyway.)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 15, 2022 1:41 PM
May 2016
What is actual chronological tho? is it 1 to 2 or is it that 2 came out first therefore 1 came into being.. wouldn't it be rhetorical to watch steins gate or future diary or star wars in order? Gotta watch the release order so you can respect retrospection
Nov 15, 2022 3:48 PM
Feb 2018
-Fate/Zero
-Fate/Stay UBW
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.