Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2022 8:23 PM
Jul 2022
So, is Steins Gate worth it? I watched first 7 minutes of first episode and didn't got any good hooks. Feels like it will be a boring anime for some reason. I am fan of big brain plots (Looking at you Death Note) with mind blowing twists. So I wanna know if watching Steins Gate will be a waste of 8 hours.

Edit: After reading all replies, Imma watch it ig.
DexterDruboNov 10, 2022 10:21 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2022 8:34 PM
Apr 2015
DexterDrubo said:
So, is Steins Gate worth it? I watched first 7 minutes of first episode and didn't got any good hooks. Feels like it will be a boring anime for some reason. I am fan of big brain plots (Looking at you Death Note) with mind blowing twists. So I wanna know if watching Steins Gate will be a waste of 8 hours.

The first ep is setting everything up it took me till the end of ep 2 or 3 before I was hooked. Do not give up on it. It ended up being one of my all time favorite anime. I’m glad I kept with it
Nov 10, 2022 8:35 PM
Oct 2022
DexterDrubo said:

If you like death note for the mind fucking experience that it can be than I promise you that you will love steins gate, not only is it a good show but too answer your question it’s totally worth it and definitely leaves you questioning things even after completing the show. Unfortunately the first few ep’s are for developing plot later in the show but once you get past that it’s worth every second no doubt.
Nov 10, 2022 8:38 PM
Jul 2020
DexterDrubo said:

Is probably in my top 3 all time shows. It’s one of those I had to keep watching. It’s definitely slow to start, but that only helps in the delivery after
Nov 10, 2022 8:38 PM
Jan 2022
definitely worth it. Go for it
Nov 10, 2022 8:41 PM
Nov 2016
It's definitely worth it, there are plenty of people like you who didn't get hooked in the beginning, the 1st episode is pretty damn weird and I didn't like it that much either so hell, I'm one of those people too. Steins;Gate is an anime that starts slow but if you have the patience to stick around then you will be rewarded and you will realize why so many people praise this anime.

I myself didn't get impressed with the first couple of episodes either but there is a certain episode where things will really "kick in" and once that happens, Steins;Gate will get pretty damn awesome. This is a time-traveling anime that needs time to develop the plot so stick with it and you will be rewarded later and this is coming from me, one of the most hardcore Steins;Gate fans around here who didn't get impressed in the beginning either but once Steins;Gate started with the plot twist and all the good shit then I turned into a hardcore Steins;Gate fan and yeah, this is my best anime now.

Stick with it, everything will make sense later and if you want plot twist then this anime has plenty of mind-blowing twists so this anime has that covered.
Nov 10, 2022 8:52 PM
Oct 2021
DexterDrubo said:

personally I felt it was decent.
I watched it after watching dark web series, even though dark was released like 8 years after steins gate.

that's why I felt SG like mini version of DARK .
Nov 10, 2022 8:53 PM

Apr 2022
you gotta have the attention span of a damn microwave if the only chance you give a show is 7mins of the 1st episode.
Nov 10, 2022 9:02 PM

May 2017
This slow build-up will lead to some incredible plot twists later on, but you need to pay attention to what's going on now and it will make way more sense why they put so much focus on them later on.
Nov 10, 2022 9:02 PM
May 2021
7 mins is nothing give this show at least 10 episodes, then it will be your one of the favourite anime.
Nov 10, 2022 9:05 PM
Aug 2021
this series is iconic for being boring in the first few episodes and being amazing later on for a lot of people, but personally my favorite part was the first half. it's worth pushing a bit further at least tho
Nov 10, 2022 9:07 PM
Nov 2016
Sand_bag said:
7 mins is nothing give this show at least 10 episodes, then it will be your one of the favourite anime.

Actually, people like him will need 12-13 episodes, trust me, I'm one of those people.
Nov 10, 2022 9:17 PM
Sep 2021
bro expected to have his mind blown before getting halfway through the first episode.
Nov 10, 2022 9:25 PM

Jun 2021
no way you just disregarded it after 7 minutes LMAO
Nov 10, 2022 9:36 PM
Jan 2021
Steins Gate is such an odd show. I watched the first 3 episodes and then didn't watch it again for about a month. It's a slow burn but once you get to episode 12 then the show is just non stop greatness. It always amazes me how a show that I put on hold for a month ended up being my favorite anime of all time so yes I would continue it if I were you.
Nov 10, 2022 10:03 PM
Jun 2021
after ep 12 you can't wait for next ep
it is on my top3 favorites
Nov 10, 2022 10:06 PM

Nov 2022
DexterDrubo said:

i dont understand how people judge a show by 7mins of watching.
Nov 10, 2022 10:24 PM
Jul 2022
The_Bad_Shah said:
DexterDrubo said:

Lol actually Steins Gate first 7 minutes was boring af and I was watching it before going to collegel. So yeah ended up not finishing the whole ep and doubting the whole series. That's why i asked you.
Nov 10, 2022 11:04 PM
Jun 2021
In my view only the 1st season and the Movie(Deja vu) is worth watching and not the 2nd season (X)
Nov 10, 2022 11:08 PM
Jun 2021
DexterDrubo said:

It is a good show, but don’t expect it to be a 10
Nov 11, 2022 12:03 AM

May 2020
DexterDrubo said:

If you don't like the first 7 minutes, i don't think you will like any other episode. Just don't waste your time.
Nov 11, 2022 12:08 AM

May 2020
DexterDrubo said:
The_Bad_Shah said:

Lol actually Steins Gate first 7 minutes was boring af and I was watching it before going to collegel. So yeah ended up not finishing the whole ep and doubting the whole series. That's why i asked you.

The first half of the first episode is meant to be confusing. The rest of the anime is mystery, thriller and comedy.
Nov 11, 2022 12:28 AM
May 2022
nice that u gonna watch it but who tf judges an anime cuz of the first 7 mins ;_;
Nov 11, 2022 12:28 AM
Nov 2016
Rad_Scientist said:
DexterDrubo said:

If you don't like the first 7 minutes, i don't think you will like any other episode. Just don't waste your time.

Jesus christ man, your comment is 100% wrong, I wasn't particularly impressed in the first half either but the 2nd half (aka: episode 12-13 and up) turned me into a hardcore Steins;Gate fan. The first time I watched Steins;Gate I didn't like the 1st episode at all either, it was some weird, funky shit so people not liking the first couple of episodes is completely normal.

My advice for people like him is to have patience and to keep watching it since it will get way better later.
Nov 11, 2022 12:33 AM
Oct 2022
DexterDrubo said:

steins gate starts bit slow but once you get going can't stop it , amazing scifi suspence mystery anime
l
Nov 11, 2022 12:55 AM
Jun 2022
DexterDrubo said:

worth it every inch of micro second.
Nov 11, 2022 1:01 AM

Dec 2020
just view it as a slice of life till it picks up, the payoff is worth it

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Nov 11, 2022 1:26 AM

Feb 2020
DexterDrubo said:

Animes like this takes time, it's worth it but not the greatest. :)

Nov 11, 2022 1:41 AM
Jan 2021
Every slow starting series ended up being in my top 10
Nov 11, 2022 1:51 AM
Sep 2020
Yes. I will say that the beginning is slow with SOL content but after the set up for the first 8-10 episodes shit hits the fan and doesn’t stop for the rest of the season.
Nov 11, 2022 2:49 AM
Jul 2021
Yup it is absolutely worth it and is in my top 10 anime for a reason.
Nov 11, 2022 3:54 AM
Nov 2019
DexterDrubo said:

The first watch is literally the best so stick with it and pay attention it’s very good. Phenomenal even
Nov 11, 2022 4:51 AM
Jul 2021
I recently decided to watch Steins gate, I finished s1 and I'm about to watch Sg0... For me it was all fun and goofy stuff at first, I like Okarin's character, I wont try to spoil anything, but like maybe 12 episodes were like that, but you can see there is something going on, but you can't quite grasp what, but when it finally happens it gets pretty serious and it is amazing. I loved it, it is one of my favs, and I can't wait to continue w sg0.
Nov 11, 2022 4:53 AM
Jun 2022
Come on boi, just 1st episode will not give any hook to you... just wait until 4th episode you'll be a complete fan
Nov 11, 2022 5:00 AM
Feb 2022
Having watched every Stein's Gate episodes.. Definetly! I remember giving up after 2 episodes... Gave it another try.. Voilà! If you like to dig deep in your mind, you should enjoy alot!..
Nov 11, 2022 5:03 AM
Apr 2022
You like mind blowing twists? Then Steins Gate is for you my friend.
Nov 11, 2022 5:10 AM

Dec 2020
yes, yes it is worth it
Nov 11, 2022 5:12 AM
Dec 2021
DexterDrubo said:

It'll hook you till episode 13, I think
Nov 11, 2022 6:59 AM
Jun 2021
It’s definitely worth it. You shouldn’t write it off just bc the first 7 mins didn’t hook you in. Give it some time.
Nov 11, 2022 7:07 AM
Jul 2021
Ain't no way bro watched the first 7 episodes thinking he can judge the show ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Nov 11, 2022 8:37 AM

Feb 2020
I'm sorry you judged the whole series based off the first 7 minutes? What do we need a hook within the first minute now. I'm sorry not trying to be a jerk but I don't see how anyone could judge after 7 minutes.

To actually answer your question yes it's worth it.
Nov 11, 2022 8:47 AM
Apr 2022
Is it really worth it?
Nov 11, 2022 9:31 AM
Mar 2022
seriously yes its so good that even tho the first 11 episodes are slow its my favorite show of all time
Nov 11, 2022 10:10 AM
Jul 2021
DexterDrubo said:

Visual novel is better…
Nov 11, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2021
Episode 11 for me before I realized I found peak.

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Nov 11, 2022 10:38 AM

Feb 2022
You are talking about 7 min of first episode, I found it boring till episode 10-11 when I was watching but yeah after episode 13-14 it going to be incredible ๐Ÿ˜

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Nov 11, 2022 11:32 AM
Oct 2017
are you trying to judge it from the first 7 minutes??

you said ypure gonna watch it so im not gonna try to convice you, but its not in the top10 for being boring my guy
Nov 11, 2022 11:58 AM

Jul 2019
Yes. Absolutely worth it.
Greetings, I am TG127
I greet you
Nov 11, 2022 12:07 PM

Jan 2022
Yeh its worth it, now sit down and suffer through the first half like the rest of us
-insert NGE meme here-
Nov 11, 2022 12:23 PM
Feb 2019
It all depends on what your expectations are. People can say "its the best series" all they want, but if you come in with these big expectations you're more likely to get disappointed. Cos everyone's tastes and perception of an "amazing series" is different.

If you're coming expecting some big brain plot and mind blowing plot twists you're looking for the wrong show. SG in hindsight is a simple and small self contained story, which isn't a bad thing in itself. The complications and complexities come more from the time travel mechanics and the story themes that come with it.

Don't get me wrong there are some nice twists here, but it all depends on what you consider a good twist. Some like being surprised at something unexpected, but in my opinion those end up being the trash ones cos the twists aren't even foreshadowed at or built up to or if not that.. it doesn't even make sense with what was set up before it worldbuilding-wise or character-wise. Steins Gate is those kinds of shows where it takes its time setting up bread crumbs with its characters and the world mechanics that you're more likely to catch onto the twists before it even happens. And thats not a bad thing. Some don't catch on and are surprised and thats the fun of it.

I've seen some people call this a "predictable" show and see it as a negative, but imo its not. There's a difference between good and bad predictable. In this case, it just means the plot points were well set up that you were able to theorize it on your own. Thus you can get some satisfaction that you were right.

Anyway, just come in with the right expectations. Its a slowburn light hearted slice of life sci-fi mystery centred around a group of friends hanging out and experimenting with science in their free time at the beginning. But it slowly turns into a thriller that's more serious, dark and ultimately depressing. At the same time it doesn't fully drop the lighthearted tone of the first half, as its needed for a breather and build up for future emotional heart breaks. If thats something you're willing to accept and take on, well... welcome to Steins Gate.
filimaua13Nov 11, 2022 12:28 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.