Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 15, 2022 7:44 PM
May 2022
MasterHavik said:
Well, that was kind of sad but Nagomi's naiveness is really getting on my nerves.

I'm on board with your statement as well. She can be annoying in long terms. From the beginning, I never liked Nagomi's overenthusiasm at work and when the big bang war is about to erupt at Akiba, she will either flee and never come back or stay incognito while acting like a coward.

Not inclined yet if she gets killed at the end of the show.
Nov 15, 2022 7:50 PM
May 2022
Hot_Green_Tea said:
Nerura barely had any characterization like most of the characters that have been killed off in the show, so it's kinda difficult to feel sad about her death. She conspicuously looked as if her character would be fleshed out like the Tonkoton members or other prominent characters in the show, shown by the several cameos she had in some of the episodes prior to episode 6, only for her character to be killed off so suddenly with the show barely giving any characterization to her character other than she's a nice person whose only purpose to befriend and be kind to the FMC(with them barely knowing anything about each other even at episode 6), and then somehow willing to sacrifice her life for someone she barely known.

It's disappointing how her character is only a convenient plot device for Nagomi without having much of a character herself.

You spoke every word of what I implied and I couldn't agree more.
Nov 15, 2022 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
StarryFruitty said:
MasterHavik said:
Well, that was kind of sad but Nagomi's naiveness is really getting on my nerves.

I'm on board with your statement as well. She can be annoying in long terms. From the beginning, I never liked Nagomi's overenthusiasm at work and when the big bang war is about to erupt at Akiba, she will either flee and never come back or stay incognito while acting like a coward.

Like everyone else knows what it is up but she is like," Wait we don't simply act cute and sell food and dance?" Like girl just fucking quit and find a job as a Hostess if you want to be that. You legit joined a gang.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 15, 2022 9:30 PM
May 2022
MasterHavik said:
StarryFruitty said:

Like everyone else knows what it is up but she is like," Wait we don't simply act cute and sell food and dance?" Like girl just fucking quit and find a job as a Hostess if you want to be that. You legit joined a gang.

She better return back to the countryside if Nagomi is that stupid and let us not forget she barely had wounds, scratches, scars or past injuries, so why would she ever bother be so awfully feeble?. I wouldn't feel bad if she gets brutally smacked to death.
StarryFruittyNov 15, 2022 9:40 PM
Nov 15, 2022 11:43 PM

Sep 2020
We're halfway in now. Very emotional episode. I think now it's fair to say that this anime is more than just decent. That ED hit hard as well.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 16, 2022 4:53 AM
Jul 2020
It's really hard to rate this episode I mean do I love it, or do I hate it for what happened? WTFFF!! this is so dark
Nov 16, 2022 4:58 PM
Jan 2017
As silly and contrived as the plot is, this episode left me in tears. The ED lyrics really hurt
A true Japanese drama. You follow your heart and soul. Even to the death.
Dreadogastus_FNov 16, 2022 5:13 PM
Nov 17, 2022 12:40 AM

Jan 2011
StarryFruitty said:
MasterHavik said:

She better return back to the countryside if Nagomi is that stupid and let us not forget she barely had wounds, scratches, scars or past injuries, so why would she ever bother be so awfully feeble?. I wouldn't feel bad if she gets brutally smacked to death.
Let's hope they don't wait until the last episode where she becomes John Wick and kills everyone. That would be really stupid.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 17, 2022 1:47 AM
May 2022
MasterHavik said:
StarryFruitty said:

Let's hope they don't wait until the last episode where she becomes John Wick and kills everyone. That would be really stupid.

Depends if they still inclined on inserting that trope for the sake of black comedy. Then again, it would be a cop-out.
Nov 17, 2022 11:50 AM

Jun 2019
RIP Nerula. You were a great big sister till the last moment. I felt so bad for her. She was living by her principles. This was so sad.
Nov 17, 2022 7:30 PM
Aug 2022
OMG!!! F! That was over the top. So RR/QT/Copula/Kubrick. I had no idea what this was gonna be. I was thinking maybe another Ladies vs Butlers. Hahahah, I was dead wrong!
Nov 17, 2022 9:02 PM
Jul 2021
Very dark and sad episode. The show is a good example of juggling with multiple tones.
Nov 19, 2022 10:41 PM
Jul 2017
Mysterious white haired maid breaks car window. Her name is Manami.
Manami smashes unajuu with bat. Smashes fellow maid's face into unajuu.
Debt collector, tencho, and Manami talk.
Manami eats ramen and shares beer with Ranko.
Tontokoton have a meeting.
Ranko's past. She talks to Nagomi about sisters.
Neruna becomes Nagomi's sister. They share a ramen in front of thencho and general.
Manami smacks globe.
Neruna warns Nagomi about the attack.
Manami worries for Neruna.
Neruna fights with Manami. Manami is way stronger. Manami shoots Neruna three times.
Nov 20, 2022 3:07 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Nooooo! Friggen RIP. I really hope Nagomi will be okay. That was her "only" friend who related to her. Oh gosh.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 24, 2022 6:04 AM

Jul 2014
Since the first time we saw her I had a feeling what was going to happen to her. Nerula was too good for this Akiba world :'(
Nov 25, 2022 5:49 AM

Jul 2017
RIP Nerula, I thought she was going to betray Nagomi but she was a maid with pride. F
Nov 26, 2022 9:06 PM

Jun 2021
Rest in peace, Nerula.

That whole gang will pay for this.
Dec 20, 2022 4:33 AM

Aug 2014
Oh maan, that was sad. Next episode should be about revenge(?)
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 23, 2022 9:31 AM
Dec 2022
honestly this anime to me is mid
Dec 25, 2022 8:37 PM

Oct 2022
The immediate contrast in the sakazuke sequence was rather funny.

Love how the themes of personal sacrifice in the belief of someone else and the greater good they can accomplish is conveyed effectively (if you're gonna do the yakuza tropes, you have to go balls out (as it is prescribed in the Gokudo) and do them tropes right!)
Dec 29, 2022 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
Never use a knife in a gunfight, rip Nerula truly a good big sister until the end

Dec 30, 2022 7:12 AM

Nov 2013
This maid had a death flag since she appeared. It was inevitable.
Jan 11, 2023 8:00 AM

Jan 2008
I'm somewhat amused by this thread. If you weren't chuckling during the overly dramatic death scene, this show's brand of humour and parody is flying over your head. I mean we're talking about a blood-drenched cute maid dying in an alley due to gang warfare. C'mon lol. The show is great fun and straddles the thin line of parody and honouring gangster tropes really well.

I'd like to see Nagomi become bitter and slowly lose her humanity as she falls deeper into the gang lifestyle, perpetuating a cycle of violence and revenge before she sees the light again, but alas I doubt they'll go that route.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 15, 2023 12:00 PM

Mar 2020
This anime is really not good at all. Especially the pacing is horrible. The way they just casually dropped Ranko's past in a random monologue at the beginning when it could easily be one of the main plot points is laughable. 
But at least they finally started giving some backstory and explaining what the hell is actually going on in this universe. 6 episodes in... 😂
Also every episode feels the same, 15 Minutes of boring talk into 5 minutes of action and death. 
Feb 19, 2023 12:08 PM
Mar 2021
I'm just so glad I stuck with this!
Feb 21, 2023 2:43 PM
Oct 2016
Noooooo nerula chan
Mar 13, 2023 1:14 AM

Feb 2021
She's really dying... I thought it's gonna be another tomato :(
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 14, 2023 2:11 PM

Mar 2013
They are going all out, making fun of yakuza culture with everything turned into cute girl.
Apr 13, 2023 4:45 PM
Jan 2021
this was so messed up bro 😭
Jul 31, 2023 5:38 PM

Feb 2018
Nooo Nerula-chan :'/. Nagomi better get revenge for her sis >_<
Nov 3, 2023 7:02 AM

Apr 2019
Damn, Nagomi is really a mood killer. Wished she wasn't so obnoxious. When in Akiba, do as the Akiba...

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

171 by eldaristclosekin »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

120 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 14, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

320 by ShoeWithNoSoul »»
Mar 10, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

102 by Sealjani »»
Mar 5, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.