Forum Settings
Forums

'Megami no Café Terrace' Reveals Main Staff, Cast for Spring 2023

New
Nov 10, 2022 1:56 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Mainichi Broadcasting System opened an official website for the television anime adapting Kouji Seo's Megami no Café Terrace (Goddess Café Terrace) manga on Thursday, revealing the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promotional video. The anime series will begin airing in April 2023.

Staff
Director: Satoshi Kuwahara (5-toubun no Hanayome)
Series Composition: Keiichirou Oochi (Kanojo mo Kanojo)
Character Design: Masatsune Noguchi (Hakushon Daimaou 2020)
Music: Shuu Kanematsu (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta...), Miki Sakurai (Adachi to Shimamura)
Studio: Tezuka Productions

Cast
Hayato Kasukabe: Masaaki Mizunaka (Koukyuu no Karasu)
Shiragiku Ono: Azumi Waki (Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san)
Riho Tsukishima: Aya Yamane (Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!!)
Ami Tsuruga: Sayumi Suzushiro (Bocchi the Rock!)
Akane Hououji: Asami Seto (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Ouka Makusawa: Ruriko Aoki (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls)

Weekly Shounen Magazine began serializing the romantic comedy manga last February 17. Kodansha shipped the seventh volume on September 16.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://goddess-cafe.com/
Official Twitter: @goddess_cafe_PR

Source: Comic Natalie

Nov 10, 2022 2:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
holy shit, finally one of the shows im most excited for
Nov 10, 2022 3:23 AM

Jan 2015
Can't wait for the anime and to see Riho, also excited for OP and ED songs.
Nov 10, 2022 3:23 AM

Oct 2017
Good cast, looking forward to it.
Nov 10, 2022 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
As a maid connoisseur, I totally approve.
I'm just hoping those maids will not be murdering eachother.

Nov 10, 2022 5:28 AM

Apr 2012
I haven't read the original manga, but knowing that this is a harem and Seo Kouji, I can already say in advance that the main girl will treat MC as a scapegoat and that the third wheel in the main love triangle will be the best girl.
Nov 10, 2022 5:53 AM

Jun 2021
RobertBobert said:
I haven't read the original manga, but knowing that this is a harem and Seo Kouji, I can already say in advance that the main girl will treat MC as a scapegoat and that the third wheel in the main love triangle will be the best girl.

Jokes on you because there's not a love triangle in this one, better yet there's a love quintuple, more the merrier.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Nov 10, 2022 5:55 AM

Apr 2012
TheDeuceCipher said:
RobertBobert said:

Jokes on you because there's not a love triangle in this one, better yet there's a love quintuple, more the merrier.

Well, if you're not assuming that there are five best girls here, I'd venture to guess that the best girl is the one who is considered the strongest rival of the main girl.
Nov 10, 2022 6:01 AM

Jun 2021
RobertBobert said:
TheDeuceCipher said:

Well, if you're not assuming that there are five best girls here, I'd venture to guess that the best girl is the one who is considered the strongest rival of the main girl.

We'll see, as a source reader even I don't know who will end up with MC 🤷
Best girl is subjective, sadly I cannot answer that.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Nov 10, 2022 6:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I generally like Seo's series so I hope this one ends up being one of the better ones
Nov 10, 2022 6:04 AM

Apr 2012
TheDeuceCipher said:
RobertBobert said:

We'll see, as a source reader even I don't know who will end up with MC 🤷
Best girl is subjective, sadly I cannot answer that.

Well, I don't know about this manga, but Seo Kouji's harems are usually written as some kind of romantic dorama with occasional love interests besides the main 2-3 girls. Not like Dengeki Bunko LN, where usually all the female characters are in love with MCs, even counting lesbians, but you get the idea.
Nov 10, 2022 6:18 AM

Jun 2021
Yeah I get it but this one is too similar to 5-toubun so on the face of it, all of the main girls are either in love with MC or like him, at least it seems like that.
I hope this one doesn't count as spoiler.

Nov 10, 2022 6:28 AM

Feb 2021
I don't like harems, but Sei's works look interesting. I will watch this series, it looks interesting for me. And studio which made Black Jack can't make bad adaptation!
Nov 10, 2022 7:01 AM

May 2020
This is still early, given it was announced not too long ago. Though that explains the craze for harem. Now Amagami sisters should follow the suit.
Nov 10, 2022 7:50 AM

Feb 2021
Softhenic03 said:
This is still early, given it was announced not too long ago. Though that explains the craze for harem. Now Amagami sisters should follow the suit.

Pity that the art in anime was changed comparing with the manga.
MemoreNov 10, 2022 7:56 AM
Nov 10, 2022 2:59 PM

Mar 2015
an actually drama less seo kouji manga. just pure fun harem romcom. what sorcery is this?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 10, 2022 3:56 PM
Oct 2020
When a mangaka take a different role from romantic drama like fuuka into harem route, and this guy wasn't voiced by tsugu
Nov 10, 2022 4:56 PM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:

Seo makes this manga just because Jump editors really asked him to do something in vain or 5-Toubun no Hanayome and he decides the plot based on the readers popularity votes. So best girl may win (at least the one who JP readers cosider as such). Most typical Seo main heroine is currently at the bottom of popularity polls.

Pretty funny that they asked a director and a studio who made 5-tobun S1 to do it.
Nov 10, 2022 8:21 PM

Apr 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
RobertBobert said:

Seo makes this manga just because Jump editors really asked him to do something in vain or 5-Toubun no Hanayome and he decides the plot based on the readers popularity votes. So best girl may win (at least the one who JP readers cosider as such). Most typical Seo main heroine is currently at the bottom of popularity polls.

Pretty funny that they asked a director and a studio who made 5-tobun S1 to do it.

Seo decides to write the plot "in real time" based on reader votes? But then he won't be able to force the girls to scapegoat the MC and drag out the plot endlessly!

reny1966nanin said:
When a mangaka take a different role from romantic drama like fuuka into harem route, and this guy wasn't voiced by tsugu

You say that as if his past works were not harems.
Nov 10, 2022 8:56 PM
Dec 2017
I know this anime adaption will be a proper one, and we won't see a disaster like what GONZO did to Kimi no iru Machi - I'm still furious about what happened to that story. Seo's artworks has improved and his story-telling is on point. The sneak peak looked great, and the characters are so attractive.
Nov 11, 2022 1:51 AM

May 2009
I wonder if it will be shit just like previous Seo's manga adaptations.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 28 minutes ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
22 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
26 minutes ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.